The best filter for aquarium: types of filtering, photo-video review
Good filter for aquarium Which is better to choose?
As a rule, such a question arises from a conscious aquarist before purchasing and choosing a filtration system for your water body. Of course, it is possible to let everything take its course, as many do - go and buy a filter in the pet store, which is available and offered by the sellers. But, only then do not have to complain about the sellers and regret their wasted money. Sellers have such a job - to sell the product and it doesn’t matter your fate and the fate of your filter.
Glad you looked at this page! This means that you approach this issue correctly - first read, learn, and then make a decision. After all, this approach to the business level almost all the risks of acquiring a not-good aquarium filter.
In this article, we will not tell you in detail and boringly the details of the various aquarium water filtration processes, but try to focus on the quality characteristics of the filter and the nuances of its choice, to give advice. To the same readers who are looking for where to buy a good filter for an aquarium, at a reasonable price, we recommend you pay attention to the time-tested aquarium shop ReefTime.ruthere is just a huge selection of filters. From recommendations we suggest to pay attention to a line of filters from Hydordetails of which are written here!
So, before choosing a filter, you must understand, and which filter is good for your aquarium ?! For this you need to think about what fish, what plants will live in your pond, how many will be. If the aquarium is large, there will be a large number of large fish swimming in it, there will be a lot of plants, then the filter should cope with this and most effectively remove all "sewage" from the aquarium water. But, if it is a small aquarium, and you are not going to breed “sharks” in it, then I personally do not see the point of taking a powerful filter filter, you can do with a “standard” filter and thus save a considerable amount of money.
I think everything is clear here, so let's move on to the next question.
Before buying an aquarium filter, you need to find out what filtering mechanism is used in it.
There are four MAIN TYPES OF AQUARIUM WATER FILTRATION:
- MECHANICAL FILTRATION;
- CHEMICAL FILTRATION;
- BIOLOGICAL FILTRATION;
- COMBINED FILTRATION;
Let's briefly review the principles of each filter with a specific type of water filtration.
Mechanical filters and aquarium filtration
- These are the simplest and at the same time effective filters for an aquarium. Some "old fashioned" call them "glasses." The essence of their work is very simple - the filter has a pump (motor) and an absorbent sponge. The pump pumps the aquarium water, which passes through the sponge, is cleaned. Such filtration effectively copes with the removal of large contaminants: food residues, fish excreta, residues of dead organisms, etc.
If you have a small aquarium and not very large fish swim in it, such a mechanical filter will be quite enough.
Chemical filters and aquarium filtration
- These are filters that provide filtering through various absorbents. The most common absorbent is aquarium coal. Also in the aquarium used and other absorbents - ion exchange resins, for example, zeolite. Filters that provide for the possibility of such filtering are more practical than mechanical ones. Since the pores of absorbent materials are able to absorb smaller particles of pollution of aquarium water, and ion exchange resins can effectively fight even the most harmful poisons - ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, which are formed and gradually accumulate in the aquarium.
Biofilters filters and aquarium biological filtration
- Perhaps this is the most valuable filtering for the aquarium. Its essence lies in the presence of a special compartment in the filter for breeding a colony of "beneficial" bacteria, which multiply on a special substrate, for example, ceramics. These bacteria are important and very useful hydrobionts of any aquarium. They are involved in the denitrification process, to put it simply - they feed and decompose ammonia, nitrites and nitrates to a gaseous state. And, as many people know, NO2NO3 are the worst enemies of the aquarium inhabitants, in most cases they are the root cause of the fish disease.
Combined filters and aquarium filtration
- These are filters that combine the possibility of using various types of filtration of aquarium water. Some filters have all three of the above filtering types. But it is worth noting that even the simplest mechanical filter can be used as a combined one. That is, use in it and absorbent sponge, and for example aquarium coal.
photo mechanical aquarium filterleft and right
photo biofilter aquarium combined
So let's summarize the above. If you have a small pond and not very big fish, then your choice is a mechanical filter. Such filters are not expensive, easy to operate and clean. But, if you have a large aquarium, large fish or just a lot of them, then our recommendation for you is to choose a combined filter with the presence of biofiltration. Such a filter is more expensive, more difficult to clean, but it will serve you well.For those who still want to do mathematics or want to make an aquarium filter on their own, here is the formula for calculating the power of the aquarium filter
Buying a good aquarium filter, you should also pay attention to its technical characteristics. In a word on power. The power of the filter is determined by its ability to pass a certain amount of water for a certain period of time. Usually 300l./hour is written on the filter pack, 1000l./hour - pay attention to this.
If you do not want to bother with the calculation of the required filter bandwidth, then you can simply look at the recommended aquarium volumes for this filter, which are written by the manufacturers on the packaging, for example, "designed for a volume of 150l.". However, this figure is not always true.
Therefore, we advise you to take the filter with the mark "recommended volume" much higher.
A rather important technical characteristic of the filter is its "noise". Good aquarium filters are noisy, but quiet. Agree, I would not like to hear the roar of the engine from the aquarium at night, as if "a flock of night bikers travels around your bed." If possible, do not take Chinese aquarium filters or filters of unclear brands. Trademarks that have proven themselves in the market, try to make their products high-quality and silent, but such filters are much more expensive than Chinese. It is very difficult to recommend you a particular firm - there are many of them, and they are not always “branded”. But, based on my own experience, I dare to draw your attention to the TM "AquaEL" - a combination of price and quality.
There is still a small aspect of the technical part of the aquarium filter - this is its assembly and disassembly and accessories. Some filters, even mechanical ones, are equipped with two containers, some with one, some are equipped with additional nozzles for aeration and other gadgets, others are not. Some are easy to disassemble and clean, others are difficult. Therefore, choosing the best aquarium filter in the store, at least turn it in your hands, look at the accessories, think about whether you need them or not.
Now let's consider the issue of choosing an aquarium filter based on its location.
ALL POPULAR AQUARIUM FILTERS CAN BE DIVIDED INTO:
- INTERNAL FILTERS;
- EXTERNAL FILTERS;
Internal aquarium filters- fasten and work inside the aquarium. They can be of all types of filtration, that is, mechanical, chemical, biological and combined.
Perhaps these are the most popular and best-selling filters. Their price is much cheaper than external filters, easy to operate and clean. As a drawback, some aquarists point out that they occupy space in the aquarium - thereby eating up precious volumes. However, this is a controversial point, because the filter does not occupy 1/3 of the aquarium. Well, yes, it takes 2-3 liters of volume, hanging quietly in the corner. It seems to me that this is not a very significant drawback, especially for medium and large aquariums.
External aquarium filters
- these are filters that are located and installed outside the aquarium, only the tubes are lowered into the aquarium. It is difficult to give a positive or negative assessment of such a filter - someone is happy with it, some is not. Therefore, I will simply list the advantages and disadvantages:
- a large amount of filter materials, thereby achieving maximum water purification;
- combined filtration with purity levels;
- high price;
- This is a huge "bucket" near the aquarium;
- there is always the likelihood of a flood (as a rule, when the assembly is incorrect);
Mounted aquarium filters
- This is a compromise between the internal and external filter. The hybrid of both is "hanging from the outside, but working inside." These filters are not so popular among aquarists, because they work according to the principle “not yours is not yours,” perhaps its only distinguishing advantage is compactness and space preservation both in and under the aquarium.
So, summing up the above, we can recommend internal filters for small, medium and not very large aquariums (up to 200 liters). For large aquariums, external aquarium filters will be good. Of course, this statement is relative, because no one has yet canceled individual aspects and wishes.
Concluding this article, I would like to note that there are other methods, mechanisms for filtering aquarium water, such as the bottom filter or "false". Such methods are less popular and have a number of advantages and disadvantages. In the future, if necessary, you can make them yourself.
I want to believe that this article has helped you determine the choice of the best aquarium filter. But, remember that no even the coolest filter will not replace the banal weekly replacement of aquarium water.
AQUARIUM WATER SUBSTITUTE IS THE BEST FILTRATION
What is the best filter for an aquarium to choose?
Every aquarium owner is interested in his device working stably and efficiently, and the fish lived for a long time. An important role in achieving these goals is played by good water filtration. What is the best filter for the aquarium and what rules to consider when choosing it? Let's try to figure it out.
Types and application
The choice of filter should be made taking into account who lives in the aquarium, what plants are in it and how many are there. If the aquarium is large, there are many plants and living creatures in it, then the filter should be powerful, effectively remove all contaminants from the water. Today, there are several types of filtration of water in an aquarium:
What is the best filter for an aquarium? Consider the main features of each filtering system.
These filters are considered the simplest, but also the most effective for servicing aquariums of different sizes. Outwardly, they resemble a simple glass consisting of a pump (motor) and an absorbent sponge. The pump pumps the water in the aquarium, it passes through the sponge, as a result of which it is purified. Such filtering is effective for removing large contaminants - the uneaten food, fish excreta, residues of dead organisms. So if you are looking for which is the best filter for a small aquarium, give preference to mechanical models.
Thanks to chemical filters, water is treated through absorbents, most often aquarium coal is used for this purpose. It is advisable to use ion exchange resins, such as zeolite. Such filters are more efficient and practical due to the porosity of absorbent materials that absorb dirt particles well. Ion exchange resins do well with harmful poisons in the form of ammonia, nitrates and nitrites, which gradually accumulate in the aquarium.
The best and most reliable filtration for an aquarium is based on a biological filter. This method of water purification implies the presence of a special compartment in the filter itself, which is necessary for the cultivation of beneficial bacteria. For their reproduction, a special substrate is used. Bacteria play an important role, as they saturate water with useful substances and decompose harmful substances: ammonia, nitrites and nitrates - to a gaseous state. They are the most serious and dangerous enemy for aquarium inhabitants, leading to diseases and the death of fish. If you still doubt which filter is better for the aquarium to choose, consider the biological options.
These filters are convenient because they can purify water in various ways. Moreover, even the simplest mechanical model can be used as a combination, for example, by combining an absorbent sponge with aquarium coal. So the conclusion can be drawn as follows. For a small aquarium, mechanical devices are the most profitable option: cheap, but simple and convenient to operate.
If the aquarium is large, then you need to consult with a specialist who will help decide which filter is best for an aquarium of 100 liters and more. Most often it is recommended to use a biofilter, which, with a higher price and difficulty in cleaning, will be effective and durable. By the way, consider the filter's throughput. The effectiveness of his work depends on it. Depending on the location of the aquarium filters are divided into internal, external or mounted. Consider the features of each species in more detail.
These varieties are mounted directly inside the aquarium and may have a variety of filtering mechanisms. These filters are the most popular because of their affordable cost, ease of operation and cleaning. On the other hand, users note that they "eat up" the aquarium's usable space, but for large devices this is not so critical. Which inner filter for aquarium is better? Consider the most popular models:
- Aqua Szut Super Mini. This internal filter is suitable for aquariums of 10-80 liters, is distinguished by high-quality purification and aeration of water. Among the advantages of this filter, users note the ease of maintenance, compact size, low noise, the ability to position vertically or horizontally, a combination of mechanical and biological methods of water purification. Sophisticated aeration part of the structure contributes to the saturation of water with oxygen.
- Aquael Turbo Filter Professional. This internal filter pumps, purifies the water in the aquarium and performs its aeration. The difference from similar models is in high-quality water saturation with oxygen even at great depth.
- ASAP 500. Aquarium filters of this brand are distinguished by high performance and functionality, as well as an original design that keeps maintenance time to a minimum. So if you are not sure which internal filter for the aquarium is better to choose, and are looking for a truly modern and profitable option, the ASAP 500 deserves your attention. Its design is a combination of an energy-efficient motor with a high-quality filter sponge. The case is easy to clean or replace with a new one; in addition, this filter is ideal for use in shallow water.
- ALEAS IPF-6200L. Even more efficient and sophisticated, but expensive filter model. The increased level of cleaning is provided by two cartridges, and the model performs three functions at once - it filters the water, ensures its circulation and aeration. The biological filtration system is multi-level, and the filtering material is voluminous. As a result, the larger inner surface of the aquarium is cleaned, which is kept clean for much longer.
These models are considered among the best and most productive and will be of interest to those who are looking for information about which filter for the aquarium is better to choose.
External filtering mechanisms are mounted outside the aquarium, and only tubes are placed inside it. About this variety reviews are very different. Some say that due to the large volume of filter materials, maximum water purification is provided, others note that a lot of space is needed near the aquarium to accommodate the filter, which is also expensive. Which external filter for the aquarium is better to choose?
We offer a review of popular models:
- Tetratec EX 400. This powerful filter is suitable for an aquarium of 10-80 liters and is distinguished by the comfort of installation and maintenance. Thanks to the integrated system of automatic start during installation and cleaning, the filter does not drain the water. With power, the mechanism works quietly. It is completed with five filtering mechanisms that provides high-quality and effective water purification. These are universal filters for aquariums. Which is better at 50l? Производитель предлагает целый ряд моделей, среди которых можно найти оптимальный вариант.
- Eheim. Продукция данной марки представлена в основном канистровыми фильтрами, которые работают надежно, стабильно и долго. Специальная конструкция защищена от протечек, используются качественные фильтрующие материалы, за счет чего вода очищается быстро и надолго. Одна из популярных моделей - Eheim Classic 2213, в комплектации к которой идут губки и прокладки, трубки и двойные краны. For large aquariums, Eheim Professional 3 2073 is useful - its volume will be enough for a model of 180-350 liters. Advantage - the presence of pre-filter, which increases the service life of all fillers.
- Tetra. This brand offers to buy a high-quality and reliable external filter for the aquarium. Which is better? Manufacturers offer a wide range of models that will provide the optimal balance of water in the aquarium.
Mounted filters - a compromise between the models described above. Structurally, the models are pumps, which themselves are located outside, and work inside. They are compact, but despite this, they are not very popular with aquarists.
Another popular type of filter is bottom. The so-called false is a simple structure in the form of a plastic plate with holes - it is through them that the water passes. The filter itself is located at a height of 2 cm from the bottom of the aquarium, the ground is laid on the plate. Water passes through the soil, the bacteria in it contribute to biological filtration, so toxic ammonia is removed from the liquid. So there are a huge number of pump varieties. Which filter is the best for an aquarium? Based on the characteristics of the container and its contents.
Which filter is better for an aquarium?
At first glance it may seem that the main differences between the filters are only in their appearance. But, in fact, the difference is not only in size, color and material. The most simple and economical devices have the appearance of foam sponge; Such a filter can be either open or hidden in a plastic container equipped with a tube. The latter connects the cleaning device to the compressor. Thus, the air passes through the compressor itself, followed by water with particles of bacteria and dirt. The liquid is filtered and fed back to the aquarium cleaned.
Buying this filter, do not forget to pay attention to adjusting the power of the air flow. Otherwise, the inhabitants of the aquarium will be sucked with water into the compressor. It is unlikely that a sponge filter will answer the question "which filter is better for an aquarium." The thing is that after a couple of weeks the device becomes clogged and stops working fully. Therefore, every 2-3 weeks this filter should be removed and cleaned independently.
This is precisely the disadvantage of the sponge cleaning device, since removing it, you raise the water sludge and send it back to the bottom of the aquarium. In addition, the microbiological climate of the "water kingdom" is disturbed. Also, you will not be pleased with the noise filter and its low performance.
The advanced, best filter for an aquarium is a glass filter. It is also based on a sponge or foam rubber, but its “insides” are enclosed in a body having an elongated shape. In addition, this device has an electric motor. Today this species is especially popular.
In case of a choice between several manufacturers, do not give preference to Chinese products. Its quality can hardly be called excellent. Certainly, filters made in Italy or Germany will differ in special reliability. They are slightly inferior to devices from Poland (their products quickly clogged up).
The cost of the filter depends on its power. In order to find the best option, calculate the required power. Determine how much liquid the tank holds; for each liter, on average, it accounts for about 3 liters of the cleaning device’s hours of operation. A great option - filter with adjustable power.
Filters for the aquarium: which one is better
A filter is a device for purifying (filtering) any medium. Accordingly, the aquarium filter is designed to clean the water in the house for fish. Like any other device, filters for aquariums are of different types. When buying, it is important to immediately select the device that is really suitable for this aquarium.
Why do you need cleaning?
The aquatic environment in the home water is always required to filter. This is an axiom that does not require proof. If in nature, running water is filtered naturally, then a fixed aquarium environment must be cleaned forcibly.
On this depends the normal existence of ornamental fish and aquarium plants. Ideally, an aquarium cleaner should:
- be small;
- have high reliability, ease of maintenance;
- and the efficiency of its work should correspond to the volume of water being purified.
Types of Aquarium Filters
By their constructive arrangement, filtering devices for aquariums can be:
Internal filter device
Located directly in the tank, is perhaps the most popular in the home aquarium.
Such filters are the cheapest and easiest to use. The only drawback - they occupy a useful volume of aquarium space.
Some aquarium owners prefer external filters. The device itself (aquarists call it a bucket) is located on the outside next to the tank, and two tubes are put into the aquatic environment to pump out the dirty water and pump clean after filtration.
The advantage of such devices is their high performance. In addition, they do not occupy a useful place inside the aquarium. Disadvantages: relative high cost and large dimensions.
Mounted aquarium filters
This is a compromise when the device is attached to the wall of the aquarium, and the filter element is located in the water. However, such devices are not very popular.
A very interesting type of filters for the aquarium. Another name for the bottom filter is counterfeit. In this device, a flat filter element (plate) is laid on the bottom of the aquarium and is covered with soil on top.
Water purification goes from the bottom up, and the water passes a double purification: not only through the filter element, but also through a layer of soil. The disadvantages of such devices is their low productivity and complexity in maintenance. In large aquariums, they are usually not used.
Types of filter elements
Aquarium water filtration itself is
- mechanical (separation of small debris particles)
- biochemical (neutralization of harmful impurities and substances).
Such problems are designed to solve filter materials in the aquatic environment.
The most common filtering element is a special sponge, fine and porous. Water, forcibly passing through the pores of the sponge, leaves mechanical debris in it (remnants of food, plants, and other foreign substances).
Approximately in 6-7 days of work, colonies of beneficial bacteria are formed on the sponge, which carry out biological treatment (for example, from excess nitrates and generated methane). Such sponges should be cleaned of accumulated debris after about 2 weeks of operation. The exact timing of cleaning and its order must be indicated in the filter's instruction manual.
Another type of filter filler is activated carbon. Due to its chemical properties, it purifies water more qualitatively.
But with such filters you need to be extremely careful: with the full saturation of activated carbon with harmful impurities, it spontaneously produces their release into the environment. This phenomenon can in the worst case even lead to the death of the inhabitants of the aquarium. Experienced aquarists do not recommend using such aquarium cleaners.
Multipore ceramic bio fillings
Get more widespread. This may be special ceramic balls. Beneficial bacteria quickly settle on such a surface, creating large colonies.
The effectiveness of biological treatment of the aquatic environment increases many times. Naturally, such filter elements are used in conjunction with mechanical cleaning filters.
What device to buy? Criterias of choice
All commercially available aquarium filters perform their functions well. What brand of device to give their preference? An exact and unequivocal answer to this question is difficult to obtain.
If the aquarium is large enough, you can purchase an internal filter. So, the internal filters are well established. Aquael fan Polish production. They are easy to install, reliable, with excellent filtering. In addition, such devices additionally produce and aeration of water.
Products of the German company are in good demand. Eheim. The line of silent filters of this manufacturer is designed for aquariums of any capacity.If you want to save the internal space of the aquarium, the external filter is the best option. It must be understood, however, that such a filter is an expensive pleasure.
According to a number of aquarists, Polish external devices Aquael UNIMAX represent the optimal combination of quality, efficiency and price.
German company external filters Tetra developed using the latest technology of bio-purification of water. They work reliably without changing filter elements for at least 6 months.
Many aquarists who prefer bottom filters use Chinese-made devices from the company. HAILEA. Prices for such filters are quite reasonable, but their maintenance requires more time.
Thus, the criteria for choosing a filter are: the volume of the aquarium, the price, simplicity and reliability of the device. In any case, before buying an aquarium filter it is better to consult with experienced owners of ornamental fish.
Large aquarium: start, arrangement, nuances
STARTING A GREAT AQUARIUM
step-by-step example of arrangement of the aquarium worldThe word "aquarium" itself contains a few kilograms of fundamental truths and a couple of tons of small things and nuances.
For someone - this is work, for someone a hobby. For some, this is sea fish, and for whom it is freshwater. But for all "aquaria" begins with a vessel called - aquarium. And what could be more exciting, interesting, exciting and undoubtedly responsible, no matter how the first launch of the aquarium?
I want to share with you my experience of the first launch of the 600l aquarium. and talk about all the stages: from shopping to the contemplation of a beautiful underwater home. I hope the information presented by me in this article will help novice aquarists and will be interesting for those who have already passed this stage.
It all starts with choosing an aquarium. When choosing, you need to consider first how much you are willing to spend on it. From 100% of the pledged capital, we subtract 50%. What is left you can safely spend on the aquarium. The second half will go to equipment, decor, plants and fish.
And so, the approximate amount is. Reduce it can only be due to thumbs. Think about it? After all, you can put the aquarium on the furniture that you already have.
What you should pay attention to when choosing an aquarium, what its cost consists of: Manufacturer of an aquarium. Of course, aquariums of foreign manufacturers in our market are more expensive. But their quality, almost a hundred percent is beyond doubt. Having studied the market, I came to the conclusion that I could not afford such an expensive option and began to look for domestic firms that were tested by time and consumers. From several options was chosen company "ZelAqua"which has been producing aquariums for 10 years, somewhere in the back streets of Zelenograd. After consulting with my friends, after reading reviews on the Internet, I put a tick.
Equipment. You can buy just a glass box, and do the rest on your own. So it will turn out at times cheaper. But I, having decided to ease the task for myself, was ready to overpay a little and get the aquarium ready for launch, that is, complete with:
- specialized aquarium pedestal, designed specifically for the selected aquarium, perfectly tailored to its size;
- plastic tray, inside which there is already a substrate;
- on top, of course, a lid with built-in light (I have 4 36V lamps);
- background (two-sided);
Aquarium 600l with convex glass for me made to order. The waiting time is about 2-3 weeks. When buying / receiving an aquarium, carefully inspect everything a few times. What to look for:
- visual irregularities;
- all seams should be: smooth, sealant tight, without gaps and bubbles;
- the substrate must be solid, not from pieces;
- lamps better to check for performance immediately;
Further, before signing any documents, carefully read what is written there. Upon receipt of the goods, you will need to sign the invoices and get a warranty card, in case the manufacturer you have chosen provides a guarantee. What you should pay attention to! It is important! There are a lot of cheaters copying labels from well-known manufacturers selling under their brand the lines that. Buyers deceived by such fraudsters may overpay, buy low-quality goods, moreover they will not be able to return the goods in the event of marriage, etc. The Internet is teeming with similar complaints of newly minted aquarists !!!
- The warranty card has the form of the official form of the company. That is, wherever you look everywhere, the name is written (ZelAKva, ZELAKUKA, ZELAKUKA ...).
- On the invoice that you need to sign, as well as on the warranty card should be the RIGHT stamp. When buying a product, you should know what kind of legal entity sells it to you, and it is the seal of this legal entity that must be on the documents. For example, OOO "ZelenyKrayRodnoy" can not have a print of LLC "BeeProfessional". You will never find this bee ever ...
"These are common truths !!!", you say, "Any adult knows how to take goods !!!" But, unfortunately, a huge number of people suffered from fraud in the zoo market. Be carefull!
We proceed to the choice of equipment, namely:
Filter Filters are different: external, internal, built-in, mounted. Earlier in the aquarium 300 liters I had two internal filters designed for an average of 200 liters. each. For an aquarium as large as 600 liters, I decided to purchase an external filter. Having an uncomfortable experience with the filter (Tetra, oddly enough), I reacted to the choice of a new filter as responsibly as possible. After staying on the Internet for about a week, I opted for a filter JBL Cristal Profi 1501e. The elegant design, valves and all other importance elementally unscrewed, twisted, easy to assemble and install. All filter compartments have convenient folding handles. The task copes well, the water is clean, clear. This filter is so quiet that if it were not for the waterfall from the water outlet pipe, I would not understand whether it works or not. A lot of advantages, I hope, during the operation of the minuses will not be revealed. Compressor Most of the internal filters may well replace the compressor, but if your choice, just like mine, fell on a filter without aeration function, then you cannot do without a compressor. I opted for the compressor company Sera series air 550 plus. This compressor has 4 air outlets, which is very convenient if you want to install several air diffusers, for example, different sponge porosities or different sponge sizes. I installed two sprayers "plate" (diameter 10cm) and a flexible sprayer (length 100cm). He "blows" the plates remarkably well, but he lacks enough flexible power. But, it suited me, because the flexible sprayer was buried in the ground near the wall of the aquarium and rare bubbles that rise over the embossed background look very wow. It turned out original. Heater Not bad proved in the consumer market heater "Jager".
But I don’t have any personal experience of using heaters, since my fish are rather cold-flowing and I live in the middle lane - there is no terrible cold in the apartment, I don’t need to heat the water. On the contrary, it is better to ensure that it does not heat up on its own. But, if you want to get a warm-water fish, then the question of the heater should not be ignored.
This short list of equipment is necessary in order that the aquarium "earned". Of course, you can additionally purchase other useful equipment that will greatly facilitate the care of the aquarium: RECOMMENDATIONS AND TIPS: UV sterilizer, ozonizer, cooling systems, cooler, CO2 systems. Once you have decided on the volume of the aquarium and equipment, it's time to think about the fish that I would like to have. The choice is great, but do not forget to carefully read the principles of the content of your chosen type of fish. Does the volume of your aquarium suit them? Are the selected species compatible with each other? What kind of atmosphere in an aquarium is preferred by the fish you like, in other words - do they need shelters, plants, what kind of ground is needed, etc. It is better to get acquainted with all these questions independently. Do not rely on the advice of sales assistants in the store. You can get a respectable citizen who understands his question, or vice versa. Unfortunately, just the opposite happens more often. Держите в уме собранную информацию о рыбках, она пригодится в дальнейшем.
Рекомендую посмотреть раздел сайта AQUARIUM FISHING.
Так как мы рассматриваем в качестве примера мой аквариум, в моем случае выбрано семейство Золотых рыбок, т.к. я уже содержала их ранее в 300 л. aquarium.
Что же нужно еще? - Конечно грунт.
Лучше всего выбирать натуральный грунт, неокрашенный. Но, если все таки хочется красок, убедитесь , что грунт не выделяет в воду вредных химических элементов. Бытует мнение, что лучше подбирать грунт темного оттенка, так как окраска рыб на темном фоне выглядит ярче. Миф или нет, решать Вам. Цветовые характеристики грунта интересны только Вам, рыбкам все равно какого цвета будет дно. And what is important to fish? That's right - a fraction of the soil, in other words, the grain size. The same question is also important for live aquarium plants, for which a fine fraction of the soil is suitable.
For many goldfish (they, collecting food from the bottom, swallow pebbles), large soil is necessary. In this connection, it is worth saying that if the needs of your fish do not match the requirements of the plants, and the garden in the aquarium is desirable, then you need to take the soil mixed. Mixed does not mean that you buy shallow soil and large soil, pour it into the aquarium and mix it. This means that you need to create layers of the substrate - "a sort of bottom aquarium cake." Down shallow soil is laid, so necessary for the roots of plants, up the large soil needed for fish.
And so, the color and fraction of the soil is selected. And here, for many, the question arises - how much is it needed? Here is the calculation formula: 1/10 aquarium volume = X kg of soil
That is, if the aquarium is 100 liters, then you need about 10 kg of soil In my case, it took 60 kg. (600l. / 10 = 60kg.). I took 15 kg of soil from the smallest fraction (2-3mm), 15 kg of the medium-small fraction (3-6mm) and 30 kg of the large fraction (5-12mm). Black colour.
And so everything you need to start the aquarium is ready! You can think about the visual side of the future of the underwater world. The background. To me, an aquarium came with an already pasted background, on which forests of red-green-brown plants on a sky-blue background were depicted, on the other hand, stunted plants in a stone gorge were depicted.
You can independently acquire another background that will suit your taste. It can be a plain dark background that emphasizes the brightness of all the aquarium decorations and adds depth. This may be another background, imitating the natural habitat of fish, which will be combined with the fish, plants and decor chosen by you. Tip: the most natural design does not bother and does not hurt the eyes. There is another option that may interest demanding aquarists - 3D background (website for the presentation and sale of these backgrounds //www.aquadecor.rs/ru/akvarijumske-pozadine.php) - visually it looks more voluminous, gives depth. There is a myth that the fish do not like this background. They say a visual deception disorienting them and stupid fish poking at him, trying to swim there "in the spacious harbor" painted on the background. However, it is not.
If this version of the background is not suitable. You will certainly attract internal volume background. This is a background from 3 to 20 cm thick, made of silicone or foam, imitating various underwater reliefs. A colossal choice !!! This is the most expensive kind of backgrounds. I chose a 3-5 cm thick background, imitating a wall of a graphite gorge, the color is dark gray graphite. There is a background, we will continue decorating. Pick a decor (stones, snags, castles, ships, skulls, astronauts, etc.). The choice of decorations for the aquarium will not leave anyone indifferent. But, do not forget to check the material from which the decor is made. It must be non-toxic, not from rubber or industrial plastics, not releasing harmful chemical elements into water, non-degradable, etc. Again, here everyone chooses what he pleases, but I plead for the "naturalness of the reservoir." I do not think that African cichlids in their homeland - in p. Tanganica met astronauts or tiny castles.
When choosing decorations for your aqua world, consider the features of the selected fish. For example, some fish need shelter - provide them a secluded place. In my case, goldfish love specially or accidentally rub their thick belly about everything in the aquarium. Therefore, I was looking for a decor that would not hurt them in any way.
In any case, whatever the fish, "pieces of a grandmother's crystal decanter" are not suitable for an aquarium. Choose safe jewelry!
The stages of the launch of a large aquariumIt begins with bath procedures. New aquarium should be washed well. If the size of the selected aquarium allows, simply transfer it to the bathroom and wash it in any way and means convenient for you, then rinse thoroughly. If the aquarium is big, like mine - 600l., You can hardly drag it and shove it into the bathroom. In this case, use baking soda. Use it to wipe the aquarium well from the inside out. After that, wipe several times with a clean cloth and plenty of water. I rubbed it many times, for a very long time. But she was sure that there was no soda left in the aquarium. Check the quality of the aquarium before running. Initially, I filled half of the aquarium with water and left it for a day. After a day I looked, so that there was no water anywhere, no dampness, no smudges. On this, the primary check is over. Of course - it does not guarantee that in 5 years the aquarium will not give a "hole", but it will calm the nerves, at least for the first time.
Water, recruited to check, drain. Additionally, to be sure, I wiped the aquarium dry with paper towels and wiped with antibacterial wipes. But, here you need to be as careful as possible! I ordered these napkins over the Internet. Hypoallergenic, odorless, without harmful chemical elements! After wiping, the aquarium stayed for another 20 hours to dry.
Choosing a place to install an aquarium This should be a place where direct sunlight does not fall. Otherwise, the water in the aquarium will bloom. Also, there should be no doors near the installation site of the aquarium - do not place the aquarium in the aisle, it can frighten the fish. It is also worth considering that the aquarium is a little noisy. If you sleep lightly, do not install an aquarium in the bedroom.
Another point that is not rarely overlooked when you place an aquarium is your own convenience. Do not place the aquarium where you can touch it with your hands, where you can get a foot or a forehead into it when you get up from a chair, chair, bed.
Carefully consider the question of the strength of the floor - will the place chosen by you withstand the weight of an aquarium filled with water? Simply put, you should not put an aquarium in a ton, on the second floor of a wooden house, built in the last century. The same goes for thumbs. As a rule, a specialized cabinet is purchased, with the necessary margin of safety. But, if you are in doubt, strengthen the load-bearing walls of the pedestal with an additional layer of wood, or put steel frames. If the aquarium is installed on any other furniture, make sure its strength and evenness. Check the level of the surface. Everything should be perfectly smooth. Gluing the background
And as described above, I chose an internal volumetric background. There are solid backgrounds, made of silicone, I have a foam lump like mine. In my aquarium it took 3 pieces of size 65 * 50cm. If you believe the instructions, then you just need to smear the sealant on the back side of the background and smoothly apply a huge square to the selected place. Lies! The sealant freezes during the day and if you have the desire to sit for many hours and keep the foam until it keeps itself, then you should be familiar with people who wrote instructions for this background. In fact, I do not belong to such people. I had to turn the aquarium on its side and already in a horizontal position to fix the background, put buckets with soil on top to press it to the glass. We are waiting for the day. Done!
And so: the place is chosen, the cabinet was assembled and set, the background was fastened in half with a grief. Check once again all level. I, for example, in the room where the aquarium was installed, is carpet. I constantly checked everything with a level - after each new load, since a soft carpet has a property that is laminated under weight, and in different places it is different.
After checking the level, we carefully wipe the surface of the bollard, there should not be a mote or hair. We put the aquarium. If you have an aquarium, like mine, covered at the bottom with a plastic box containing the substrate, then you just need to put it all. If not, be sure to put a gasket about 5mm thick under the aquarium. If you have a large aquarium, be sure to puzzle yourself with the search for good people who are ready to help in installing the aquarium glass box in place. My aquarium dragged three people with two smoke breaks.
Aquarium is worth. Thank good people and calmly proceed with the launch. Work calmly, without fuss.
Begin to lay the ground I decided to lay a layer of bottom soil saturated with minerals, necessary for the successful start of plants, their rooting and further growth - Tetra Plant complete substrate. This kind of soil fertilizer is represented by many aquarium trademarks, the choice is large. But, I have reason to trust Tetra, so for a while I think I bought it. Of course, the package says how many liters of an aquarium it is. Evenly distributing Tetra Plant complete substrate, you can do the main soil. If you have a soil of a different fraction, then we move from the smallest to the largest.
Before backfilling the ground, it must be thoroughly rinsed, and if the ground is natural, it can still be scalded with boiling water. I didn’t have a natural one - it needs to be very well washed several times in order to wash off industrial dust and wash out unwanted sand and other. Make sure that the primer does not stick together in pieces, remove such pieces.
The washed out small, basic soil is poured out and evenly distributed on the bottom of the aquarium.
Now you need to think again about the plants. In addition to minerals, they need vitamins and other important trace elements that contribute to the growth and strengthening of newly planted plants. For these purposes, I chose Tetra Plant Intial Sticks. The dosage is clear and understandable, on a jar everything is quite clearly written. We sprinkle the necessary volume of fertilizer on a layer of just laid soil. Top fall asleep another layer of soil, a little larger fraction.
After these manipulations, lay aeration tubes, screw on the filter tubes, put it in the right place. I took up this at this stage of work, because I wanted to hide the sprayers of the compressor under the ground, due to the fact that my gold fish always dig up sprayers. You can install the equipment later. With the equipment sorted out.
The next thing you should think about when starting an aquarium is the quality characteristics of aquarium water. In the "young" aquariums often occur jumps nitrates and nitrites (poisons that are formed from dead organic matter). Save us from this problem. Tetra Nitrate Minus pearl, scatter it on the penultimate layer of soil and after that put the last layer of soil, the largest fraction. Try to lay the ground in such a way that its level is raised to the back wall of the aquarium. It adds volume. With the ground over. Now is the time to pour water. If you have a hose that can be pulled from the aquarium to the faucet - you are lucky! If not, pour water with buckets - manually. We put a plate on the bottom, so that the stream of water does not affect the gently laid out soil and begin to fill the aquarium with water, about half, even slightly less. In order for tap water (harmful and full of unnecessary chemical elements) to become suitable for aquatic organisms as soon as possible, you need to use specialized water conditioners, for example, Tetra Aqua Safe (Of course, I took advantage of them). Pour into the aquarium a dose of AquaSave, from the calculation of the volume of the already poured water and go to drink tea, at the same time we grease the hands with a healing balm when wiped out the soil.
I believe that it is better to wait at least a day before proceeding to the next stage, so that everything settles a little, and the air conditioner managed to fulfill its function to some extent, but you can not do it.
I did not wait, because the plants I ordered, at that time, were already a day in a bucket of water, and I was afraid that they would become ill. Installing aquarium decor. First you need to install large decorations, then put smaller elements.
I had two snags. In order to prevent them from floating up in the aquarium, I used to heat them for two days in a bath of hot water, using salt. Although it is wrong! In order that the snags do not emerge, they need to be boiled for several hours in brine. My snags were gigantic, alas, there was no suitable container for them, I had to get out of the situation by soaking. But two days turned out to be categorically small. Whatever snag comes up, it needs to be heated for about 12-14 days. I could not afford such a luxury, the bathroom in my house is the same for everyone and for the logs and for the people. Therefore, we had to install the snags right in the aquarium and press them down with stones. Snags before this, I repeatedly doused with boiling water.
Further in size are the stones. We also arrange them to taste in the aquarium. Before diving into the aquarium, it is recommended to scald them with boiling water and rinse well. Now it's time to start planting
Plants are divided into small bunches and shortened regrown roots. Remove yellowed leaves and carefully plant them in selected locations. It is clear to everyone, but still I remind you that it is better to plant long-stemmed plants closer to the far wall of the aquarium, and rosette and ground cover plants closer to the front wall. When planting, be sure to keep in mind that they will grow. Be sure to think about the future type of aquarium.
After planting, you can add the second half of the water to the aquarium, while adding AquaSafe conditioner to it. When the aquarium is full, you can run the filter.
Running aquarium produced!
Toward the close of an article, I spread an estimate of the launch of the aquarium. I think this
information will also be useful in deciding how to arrange your
Let's go: (36r dollar exchange rate is taken into account.)
The cost of arranging a large aquarium1. aquarium + pedestal 600l, with a convex front glass (color of wenge) 700 cu
2. Delivery 30 cu
3. Filter JBL Crystal Profi 1501e $ 250
4. Compressor Sera Air 550r plus 42 USD
5. Spray "Tablet" (10cm) * 2 pcs. = 20u.e.
6. Sprayer flexible (100cm) 14 USD
7. Internal volumetric background (50 * 65) * 3 pcs. = 142 USD
8. Ground of different fraction (black) * 60 kg. = 100 cu
9. Bottom soil Tetra Plant Complete Substrate (100 -120l bucket) * 5 pcs. = 73 cu
10. Soil top dressing for plants Tetra Plant Intial Sticks (300ml. Jar) * 2 = 14 cu
11. Means for reducing nitrates Tetra nitrat minus pearl (90 l. Jar) * 7 = 32 cu
12. Aqua safe water conditioner (500ml) - 6 cu
13. Snag XL - 60 USD
14. Snag XXL - 84 USD
15. Stone (decor) from 8 to 23 USD * 14pcs. = 150-200 cu
(I already had them, I bought a couple of pieces and that's it)
16. Siphon for soil cleaning 45 cu
17. Thermometer 8 cu
Plants in the range (about 15 positions) about 70 USD
TOTAL: 1890 USD
Do not rush to immediately land the fish, let the tank "insist", and
plants to take root. It is best to run the fish, somewhere on the 4-9 day.
Do not plant a lot of fish at once, it is better to run them in batches with a break
between replanting 4-5 days.
Home for your fish is ready. If you do everything right, measured and with a soul,
then in the future the aquarium will bring you only a lot of pleasant
Good luck and success!
the author of the article - Jan Terekhov,
for the provided material and cooperation! Video on the launch of the aquarium
How to choose an external filter for the aquarium :: choosing an external filter for the aquarium :: Aquarium fish
Tip 1: How to choose an external filter for the aquarium
External filter is simply necessary for large aquariums. When choosing a model, it is necessary to take into account not only the quality of the filter and the volume of the aquarium, but also the convenience of its use. For most users, noise is the main repulsive factor in the device, so pay special attention to this.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. Obviously, the external filter is installed outside the aquarium, so you need to plan for it in advance. Users claim that external filters are much more convenient to use than internal ones, as they are always available for maintenance. Before buying, first of all, you should find out how much power your future filter should have. It directly depends on the volume of the aquarium.
2. If you are the owner of a small aquarium, then mainly pay attention to the quality and noise performance, because the requirements for filter power are small. Carefully study the recommendations of the manufacturer, the volume of your tank should be a little less than the recommended standards, otherwise the filter may not cope with their work. If your aquarium is quite large, then consider also its population density. It happens that there are a lot of inhabitants, in this case it is worth buying a filter with a large power reserve.
3. For small aquariums with a volume of 30 to 70 liters, the external filter must have a capacity of 300 to 400 liters per hour. This should be enough, even if the artificial reservoir is inhabited rather densely. In this case, you can purchase external filter models such as the Aquael Filter MINI KANI 80, Aquarium Systems MILLENNIUM 1000 and Tetratec EX 400.
4. If we consider another group of aquariums, the volume of which ranges from 60 to 100 liters, the filter capacity should be greater. On average for this group it is 500 liters per hour. With regard to specific models - you can pay attention to the external filter Tetratec EX 600, recommended by the manufacturer volume of the aquarium - up to 120 liters.
5. For larger aquariums, the range of external filters is very diverse. Bandwidth naturally needs to be higher. For example, for a volume of 100 to 200 liters on average, it is 700 liters per hour. Such power has the model of the filter EHEIM Professionel 2224, it is designed for the volume of the aquarium up to 250 liters. To date, external filters are widely available, designed for huge volumes. Например, модель EHEIM Classic 2260 способна обслуживать аквариум объемом до 1500 литров, имея пропускную способность 1900 литров в час. Ассортимент внешних фильтров действительно широк, поэтому не составит труда подобрать модель, подходящую именно вам.
Совет 2: Как выбрать фильтр для аквариума
Самым главным оборудованием в аквариуме является filter. Фильтры необходимы для очистки аквариумной воды и обогащения ее кислородом. При отсутствии filtera, maintenance and service aquarium It becomes troublesome, not to mention the health of your water pets. It is better to have this equipment available.
You will need
- In order to select and install a filter, you will need: an aquarium that will be filled with settled water.
1. A filter is a must-have in your tank. This equipment is divided into two types: internal, which will be located inside aquarium, and, of course, external (this filter will be set out aquarium). Pick up view filterand should be depending on the volume aquarium. Also have filterDrying materials that are used for mechanical and biological water purification: activated carbon, expanded clay or ceramic filler.
2. Internal aquarium filter consists of a pump and a sponge. Polluted water is passed through a sponge, and clean water comes out. Such filter can be used in small aquariumx up to 200 liters. Sponge itself-filter it must be cleaned and replaced as new. Efficiency filterand will depend on the size, type and power.
3. External aquarium filters have a canister. This canister is always outside. aquarium. From such filterand two hoses go. From one hose the water enters the canister, and through the other goes back to the aquarium. When water enters the canister, several steps of mechanical, chemical and biological cleaning occur. Such filter used for large aquariums or in aquariumx smaller volume. Have a little aquarium the level of water pollution does not allow to keep the internal filter. Some filterThey can be combined with a compressor, that is, together with water purification they can saturate water with oxygen, as well as with an ultraviolet lamp.
Remember that any aquarium filter should work constantly, without interruptions.
Do not save and purchase a quality filter, because it is the health of your fish that depends on it.
It is best to take a filter with built-in: a compressor and an ultraviolet lamp (like all living things, the fish need the sun).
The external filter is capable of producing not only mechanical, but also chemical purification of water, protecting it from rotting.
Which filter for the aquarium is better: internal or external ???
external filter is 1000 times better ... but it all depends on the volume of water ... if the volume is 100-200, then the internal one is enough ...
just in a completely different external processes occur ...
if you are thinking of changing, I will buy your foreigner at a reasonable price))) otherwise I have 200 l ... internal ... and I was already tired of the balance!
internal only provides fur cleaning. Of course, you can adapt and shove there, depending on the situation, and zeolite and coal and a smaller sponge ... but this is all homemade. It also takes a lot of space in aqua and spoils the look.
in the outermost there are many steps through which water passes.
For example, in Vneshnik there is a sector for zeolite rings ... this is simply super necessary, because bacteria multiply on them, which take part in the process of converting nitrites and nitrates to safer compounds.
you do not need to either replace the frequent or aquarium cleaning ...
and with the internal filter it is necessary to replace water every week, wash the soil, etc.
my recommendation: do not change anything ... if very interesting, buy a tetravsky internal ... try ...
just fur cleaning will provide you and external ...
For small aquariums are relevant internal, for large-external. All filters have their pros and cons, the quality of filtering is uniquely external, the leaders are in the lead, but the external people have one bad nuance-flow. 200 liters is better to put external.
Vneshnik needed only with a very dense settlement of aquas. Or when animals are large and aggressively attack equipment. I have only one external viewer with a trionix-sized basin. No internal equipment can be placed on it. A good "internal" has all the advantages of an "external", but it will never flow. There is both mechanical cleaning and a biofilter unit, and if it is still connected to a false one, then it's generally great! From the aquarium do not pull the "guts", do not hide the bulky block. Another "external" is needed in saltwater aquariums, when water changes are problematic. In Dzhebki and Akvaelki such wonderful combined Filr! Just beautiful!