Gold Aquarium Fish
Despite the huge number of breeds of domestic fish, golden aquarium fish are considered to be their kings, to which the article is dedicated.
Legendary breed requires a special relationship to yourself - you need to know the features of feeding and care. Consider these questions, but first a little history ...
This fish appeared more than fifteen centuries ago, in ancient China. The Chinese domesticated the goldfish and as a result, golden aquarium fish appeared. Very soon, these fish appeared in the garden ponds of Chinese nobility.
After some time, and the Koreans began to breed this fish.
Then the fish began its triumphal procession, or rather swimming, to the West. She reached Russia in the middle of the 18th century.
Some general information
The main colors of gold aquarium fish are:
- pale pink and red;
- white and yellow;
- fiery red and dark bronze;
- black and black and blue;
The body of the fish is slightly compressed from the sides and has an elongated shape. If you provide special conditions, the fish can grow up to 30-35 centimeters, although in domestic aquariums its size is much more modest.
Contain goldfish is not as easy as it seems at first glance. The capacity of the aquarium should be at least fifty liters. It should be noted that with an increase in the capacity of the aquarium, you can slightly condense the "demographics" - you can settle two fish in the metropolitan aquarium, if the volume of the aquarium is 150 liters, then 4 fish can live in it and so on.
But in this case there is an important nuance - it is necessary to organize an intensive filtration and change the water more often. It is best not to experiment - the fish are very gentle and will easily die if "overpopulation" occurs in the aquarium.
At the bottom of the aquarium need soil from coarse sand or pebbles. The aquarium should give the fish plenty of room to move and there should be plants with hard large leaves and a strong root system, such as elodea, sagittaria, vallyssneria, etc.
A good fact is that goldfish can live peacefully in the aquarium with other fish. The main thing that the neighbors were calm.
Natural lighting, good water filtration and aeration are the main conditions, without which it is impossible to ensure a quiet life for goldfish in an aquarium.
By the way, short-bodied fish, such as a telescope or a tailtail, need more water than long-bodied (comet, ordinary goldfish and shubunkin), with an equal body length.
Optimal conditions of detention
Let's take a closer look at how to keep your live "gold" in an aquarium.
Proper maintenance of goldfish in an aquarium begins with good soil. As mentioned above, suitable pebbles, coarse sand and a fraction of gravel, the size of 3-5 millimeters. True, the fish love to sort through the faction in the mouth, so there is a risk that the fish will choke. So the fraction should be very small or, on the contrary, very large. Do not forget to install a filter that provides cleaning the soil.
When the content of goldfish there is one major problem - the pollution of the aquarium. Not only do the fishes pretend to be mole-diggers, they also have to get rid of waste. As a result, the water is polluted and, in order to avoid a bad end, you need a quality internal filter.
It is advisable to install an external filter to ensure biofiltration. Although this condition is not mandatory, but the external filter will help save space in the aquarium for your fish, and it should be cleaned less often.
When buying a filter (both internal and external), pay attention to the performance - it should be at least three or four volumes of the aquarium per hour.
You also need a heater to keep the temperature within 22-25 C. However, with heating you should not be zealous, otherwise you will do your pet a disservice - in warm water the fish age very quickly.
For the safe keeping of goldfish, a compressor is needed, otherwise they will experience "oxygen starvation", because this species needs a lot of oxygen in the water.
And finally, the last important element - the UV sterilizer, which will destroy the parasites. We will talk about illnesses a bit later.
Finished with the technical equipment of the aquarium, move on to the plants. Fish will live well in an aquarium in which live plants grow. Plants are beneficial for at least three reasons:
- They improve the ecological situation in the aquatic environment.
- Help fight algae.
- They are an excellent "supplement" to the diet of your goldfish - dilute their diet and supply them with beneficial vitamins.
However, some fish owners are afraid that the bitten plants will spoil the picture in the aquarium, make it a kind of post-apocalyptic place. Such people may be advised to plant lemongrass, anubias, echinodorus or any other plant with hard leaves. A double effect will be achieved - and your pets are well, and the ecological situation does not cause concern.
All the owners of aquariums are very concerned about the disease of goldfish, because such delicate creatures can easily die if you do not take appropriate measures.
To understand whether a fish is sick or not, you need to pay attention to its mobility, appetite, brightness of color and shine of scales.
The dorsal fin also tells about health problems - if the fish does not hold it vertically, then something is wrong. A plaque that has appeared on the body or formations that have suddenly arisen are a signal that the matter has already gone far.
When these signs appear, you must immediately isolate the sick fish from the rest. Sick fish should be placed in a large aquarium with salt water - the concentration is 20 grams of salt per liter of clean tap water. Water temperature should not exceed 18 With. Keep the fish in the aquarium for three days, while changing the solution every day.
Here is a list of common goldfish diseases:
- Scale clouding followed by scabies. It is necessary to immediately change all the water;
- If hyphae appear in the fish - white strings perpendicular to the body, then it has ringworm or simply a fungus. Immediately take action, otherwise the hyphae will sprout inside the body and the fish will fall to the bottom, but it will not float;
- Fishpox is called multi-colored tumors (white, pinkish, gray), occupying the skin and fins. Tumors are not a threat, but badly spoil the beauty of the fish and are not treatable;
- Dropsy with subsequent sepsis is a terrible threat to goldfish. The chance to save the fish is only at the initial stage of the disease, when the patient is “resettled” into running water and bathed in a solution of potassium permanganate every other day for a quarter of an hour;
- If you feed the fish with bad food, or feed them for a long time with dried daphnia, bloodworms and gammarus, their stomach will quickly become inflamed;
In addition to these diseases of goldfish, there are still many ailments, so it is best to consult a specialist in the issue of disease prevention.
Goldfish - Golden Palace!
Making an aquarium of pure gold, of course, is unprofitable, but you need to take care of the design. This fish and apartments are needed to match!
However, the design of the aquarium should be carefully thought out, otherwise the pets will have a bad time. For example, luxurious underwater castles and grottoes will be a danger to them - they can damage their eyes, fins, or be injured in some other way.
If the desire to have an originally designed aquarium does not give the owner peace of mind, then the best solution would be to consult with knowledgeable people. You can only give general advice about the aquarium - it should be large, at least 100 liters. It is easier to care for a large aquarium, besides, several fish will calmly take root in it. A cheerful flock of goldfish decorates the aquarium much better than the most elegant design, invented by the master.
And the Lord said, "Be fruitful and multiply."
Consider the reproduction of goldfish.
If the owner can provide good conditions in the aquarium, the fish will reach sexual maturity by the second year of their lives.
When the spawning period is approaching, you need to help your pets. For this you need to give them more live food than they usually get.
In order for breeding to take place without a hitch, you need to prepare an aquarium of at least 70-80 liters. The necessary conditions:
- water layer should be about 20-30 centimeters;
- in the aquarium should be a lot of small-leaf plants;
- water temperature should be kept in the range of 22 Co to 26 Co;
- constant filtration and aeration of water;
Three fish - a female and two males participate in spawning, and the process lasts 5-6 hours. Then the males must be removed, otherwise they will not destroy the clutch. This is the difficulty of breeding goldfish.
Larvae will appear in three or four days, and in another two or three days they will become fry.
When breeding goldfish is very important that all participants are healthy.
Here are a few recommendations that will make caring for goldfish effective.
No need to overfeed the goldfish. This fish does not know the measures and can easily overeat, which will affect its health. Do not feed more than it eats in three minutes.
You need to regularly check the water for levels of nitrite, ammonium, pH and nitrates. Acceptable levels of pH and nitrates are considered to be 8 and 40, respectively. Ammonium and nitrite should not be present in water at all!
Accurately following the advice given in the article, you can achieve excellent results: a cheerful flock will revive the room, and cheer people up, and caring for goldfish will turn from routine duty into an interesting activity.
Goldfish: care and maintenance
Goldfish - one of the most beautiful inhabitants of your aquarium. Their bright colors and rather large size always attract attention. With proper care, these fish can live a very long life (from 8 to 40 years), and the variety of their appearance allows you to acquire individuals of different colors.
Content of goldfish in an aquarium
The maintenance and care of goldfish does not require much effort. Best of all, they live in traditional-shaped aquariums, whose width is about half the length. The number of fish for settlement is calculated on the basis of the following indicators: one fish per 1.5-2 sq. Dm of bottom area. The bottom of the aquarium should be laid out with fine soil or pebbles, as goldfish love to dig at the bottom and can raise the turbidity from the sand. In addition, they easily move the plants that are poorly fixed, so the algae, planted in special pots or well pressed by large stones, are best suited. The conditions of keeping goldfish also depend on their external signs, for example, if you are going to settle individuals with bulging eyes in your aquarium, you need to make sure that there are no sharp corners and cobblestones at the bottom and in the whole aquarium that can damage this organ.
The water temperature for keeping goldfish can vary from 17 to 26-29 ° C. Watch the behavior of your fish. If they are slow, inactive, then the water is too cold or hot. They are not very demanding on the indicators of acidity, but the rigidity should not be less than 80. For goldfish it is important that there is good lighting and ventilation in the aquarium.
Aquarium goldfish have good compatibility with other types of fish. They rarely bully, attack other inhabitants of the aquarium, and their relatively large size allows them to avoid clashes with fish of other species. Separately, it is recommended to keep only the voilehvostov, as their beautiful fins can suffer from the neighborhood with other fish. This will greatly affect the appearance of your pet. In addition, the voilehtails are a bit weak-sighted and rather slow, so they may not have time to get food during feeding, as other fish will push them aside.
Breed goldfish caviar. For this, a female and several males should be planted in a special aquarium. It is possible to distinguish the sex of the fish only before spawning: the female has a rounded abdomen, and the fins of the male are covered with a kind of white “rash”. In the aquarium for spawning, a plastic net is placed 1-2 cm from the bottom, and a piece of synthetic scourer is put in the corner. Swept eggs will roll under the netting, some of them will attach to the washcloth. After spawning, fish are removed. The appearance of fry occurs after about 4 days.
Goldfish: care and feeding
Goldfish can be fed with various foods. They are happy to eat dry food, white bread, earthworms, oatmeal and semolina porridge (cooked without salt), duckweed, lettuce, nettles and much more. It is better, if the diet of fish will be varied. If you feed them only dry food for a long time, irritation of the digestive system may occur. Feeding is best done at intervals of 2 times per day: morning and evening. It is necessary to give food in sufficient quantity for all fish for about 15 minutes, then clean it with a siphon. With proper nutrition, the fish can live for about two weeks without any damage to their health, which is very convenient if the owners leave home for a while. It is necessary to avoid overfeeding goldfish, as they quickly gain weight, which negatively affects their lifespan.
Maintenance and care of goldfish
Goldfish are excellent pets for beginning aquarists, whose care is simple and interesting. The maintenance of this type of fish in the home has become available hundreds of years ago, this is one of the first ornamental fish that was settled in a glass tank. In China, they were kept in porcelain bowls, today unique aquascapes are created with the similarity of a natural biotope so that pets can live comfortably. How to properly care for them in the aquarium to extend their joy of life?
The rules of settlement in the aquarium
- Buy a wide aquarium. Make sure that there is enough space for the pet in the tank. For a voile-tailed goldfish, approximately 45-90 liter aquarium is needed. The goldfish grows fairly quickly, and if you plan to provide it with proper care, buy a tank in which already mature individuals will fit, which will save you later from replacing the reservoir with a more spacious one.
Look at the well-designed goldfish aquarium.
- Place a quality filter in the tank. The goldfish is known as an avid "muddy" that leaves a lot of trash behind. Your filter is obliged to comprehensively clean the water, preferably 10 times in 60 minutes. If you have a 20-liter aquarium, you will need a filter that has the ability to pump at least 200 liters. at one o'clock. Another suitable filter that pumps more than ten times the volume of water in the tank.
- A nitrogen cycle should be established in the aquarium. You need to buy a water device with an indicator that clarifies the saturation of water on nitrites, nitrates and ammonia. Do not buy test strips, they will not provide an accurate result. Use a special liquid to eliminate chlorine in order to release toxic chlorine from the water. Line out the bottom of the aquarium with a pea-sized gravel (small volume so that the pets cannot choke). Make sure that the pebbles or gravel do not contain metal fragments, since pebbles with metal have every chance to harm creatures if the dissolution of toxic elements in water happens.
- Get a small amount of decorations and decorations. Animals would love it, and diversify their small house. Do not purchase decorations with small holes, so that the goldfish could not sit there. Take into account the size of a mature individual (sometimes they grow to the thickness of a grapefruit!), And even then set the scenery. You can add algae; goldfish like to nibble on living plants, as a rule, they are: anubias, waltz, cryptocoryne, and others.
- Buy goldfish that have a healthy appearance. Be careful with the aquarium, where there is an inanimate fish, this may indicate the symptoms of the disease or the wrong care.
- Do not launch the purchased fish immediately into the general aquarium. Leave it for a 2-week quarantine in a separately prepared container with infused water. Such a procedure will prevent fright and diseases that a fish could bring from a previous aquarium.
- Contrary to the arguments, it is not recommended to place the voile tail fish in a round tank or a nano-aquarium. There she will be uncomfortable, her vision may deteriorate. Do not settle the fish in a tropical aquarium with heat-loving fish. Goldfish is a cold-blooded animal that hails from temperate latitudes.
- After quarantine, a goldfish can be launched into an aquarium. Do not rush to run the fish in an unfamiliar aquatic environment. Upon returning home with a new resident, lower the closed polyethylene roll with the goldfish into your tank for approximately 10 minutes. This will help the fish adapt to the temperature in the tank. Following this, add a few drops of water from your aquarium to the package with the fish, and wait another ten minutes. Потом сачком перенесите рыбку неторопливо в аквариум. Вылейте пакетную воду в раковину или сточную канаву. Данный процесс не только ограничивает стресс для животного, а еще предупреждает загрязнение воды в резервуаре магазинной водой. Затем составьте график, как ухаживать за питомцем каждый день.
Посмотрите видео о содержании золотой рыбки.
Правила ухода и содержания
- Feeding the fish should be carried out twice a day, flaky or granulated feed. Goldfish can still eat frozen, live, vegetable, artificial foods. Very much like peeled peas, which is useful for digestion. Vegetable food (cucumbers, zucchini, salads) finely chop to make it easy to swallow. Overfeeding pets should not be - it is dangerous to health.
- Quality maintenance and care must take into account the parameters of the aquatic environment. Test water for nitrites, ammonia and ionic hydrogen (hydrogen) pH. Ammonia should be 0, the pH should be 6.5-8.0, and the degree of nitrate is allowed below 20. If this degree is above 40, then you have a very fish-filled aquarium, or you do not replace the water at the right time! If ammonia and nitrites were detected in the water, therefore, bio-filtration in your tank has not yet been established. Permissible water temperature is 15-20 ° C.
- Caring for the tank should be conducting a weekly replacement of water. Once a week, change 30-50% of the water in the aquarium. Updating all aquarium water is dangerous for wholesome unicellular organisms that cleave fish waste. It is mandatory to do the process of dechlorination before making fresh water in the aquarium.
- Clean the gravel one in 2 weeks. Do the procedure using a vacuum gravel filter device that cleans the litter while draining the water. For tropical aquariums, it is recommended to perform this function once every 30 days, but for goldfish (there is more than enough waste from them), always provide a clean environment.
- Spend time with goldfish as often as possible. Caring for her involves constant communication and eye contact. When she gets used to you, the content of the pet will be even more beautiful. Veiltails will begin to recognize you, and when you take care of them, they will begin to recognize your hand while nursing, and not be afraid of it.
- If your goldfish happened to be on the floor, or a cat got out of the aquarium (this happens often), quickly wet your hands, and with wet hands, run the fish back into the pond. So she will not be in high stress. Be sure to cover the tank lid so that such cases do not recur.
- Keep track of the scenery in the tank. If you notice sharp corners, rotted trees, broken glass or ceramics, immediately remove them from the tank. All decorations before placing in the aquarium should be processed in boiling water.
Breeding and maintenance of goldfish. Goldfish Care
Goldfish in the content of unpretentious, but there are a number of features that should be considered so that your fish do not suffer from unwanted neighbors or as a result of improper care.
Long-bodied and short-bodied
Whether short-haired goldfish and long-bodied fish can live together is not an idle question. Despite the fact that these are two varieties of the same fish, it is better to keep them separate from each other. The nature of long-bodied goldfish is characterized by mobility, these fish prefer to move in flocks. It is better to keep them in ponds, because the size of a fish without a tail reaches 30 centimeters. If, nevertheless, you decide to put them in an aquarium, it should be quite spacious (about 200 liters). Such fish as a wakin, a comet or a shubunkin are hardy, unpretentious and not very sensitive, but due to temperament, it is better to keep them separate from their relatives.
The same statement applies to short goldfish. For example, the telescope does not differ in agility, and the sight of this fish is not very strong, therefore, it will not have time to grab food, unlike its more powerful neighbors in the aquarium. The most unpretentious among the short-bodied goldfish are ruinkin and fantail, followed by such fish as the oranda, telescope, ranch, astrologer and lionhead. The most "difficult" recognized pearl and water eyes.
The best option would be to purchase an aquarium of 100 liters for two goldfish. In this case, they will be where to swim, and they will be able to grow to its maximum size. In order not to hurt the main decoration of a goldfish - a veil fin, choose an aquarium with a length of at least one meter and a width of at least 30 cm.
Care for goldfish is very important. Be sure to take care of the technical equipment of the aquarium for fish. Since goldfish can quickly pollute their homes, the larger the area of the aquarium, the lower the concentration of ammonia in the water. Of course, it is necessary to install a powerful aquarium filter for keeping goldfish. Along with the filter, it is necessary to equip the home of the fish with a thermostat and an aerator. Water hardness should be dGH up to 20 °, and acidity should be pH 6.5-8.0. Twice a week it is necessary to replace from 20 to 35% of the volume of water. Naturally, the water should be separated and have a temperature equal to the temperature of the water in the aquarium.
Goldfish adore plant foods. It is advisable to choose for them hard-leaved plants with powerful roots. In order not to dig the fish plants, you can plant plantings in pots and put stones on them.
A special feature of goldfish is the constant digging of soil. This is not surprising, since they are descendants of crucians. That is why it is necessary to choose coarse sand for them, the fraction of which does not exceed 1-3 mm, and there are no sharp edges.
Goldfish are unpretentious in food, but you should not overfeed them, enough to feed them once a day. If you take into account all the features of the content of the fish, they will remain healthy and will be able to please you and your loved ones for a long time.
Who do goldfish get along with in the aquarium
The compatibility of goldfish with other types of fish is one of the necessary conditions for their harmonious life in a home aquarium. From the correct compatibility depends on the health of the fish, behavior, life expectancy. Before determining with which species of fish the content of goldfish is possible, many observations were made that began in the Middle Ages. Since the goldfish (lat. Carassius auratus) is one of the oldest aquarium pets, compatibility has long been tested, which allows settling it with other fishes without experience.
What affects compatibility?
- Decorative varieties of goldfish are very large creatures with a body size of 20 cm in length and more, therefore, a successful maintenance requires a reservoir with a volume of 50-80 liters per individual.
- This type of fish is slow and graceful, so more active neighbors will disturb them.
- "Cinderella" love to plow the ground, looking for food in it or digging up plants. Such a habit is common to all, so the water will become dirty and muddy in a short time. Fish that love crystal clear water will suffer.
- They are omnivorous - they eat live, frozen, vegetable food. Diet with neighbors in the aquarium should be the same.
- Goldfish can eat very small fish. As representatives of the carp family, they borrowed from their ancestors a tendency to eat small animals.
- Compatibility is also affected by their variegated, beautiful color, as well as lush and long fins. Content is not allowed with those species who are not averse to nibbling their sumptuous tail.
See how goldfish coexist with macrognatus, labo and thoracatum.
With whom is settlement possible?
Of course, the maintenance of goldfish is possible with representatives of the carp family. An important point - the fish of this family prefer cool water, not higher than 24 degrees Celsius (° C). Next to certain types of carp goldfish will look spectacular, and there will be less conflicts with relatives. Therefore, the optimal care of the fish will be provided by the same conditions of detention. Among the successful neighbors can be: Labo, danios, koi carps, crucians.
As for carp, koi is a wonderful fish, often grown in decorative ponds as an exhibition "exhibit". He will not offend a goldfish, but his appearance is so self-sufficient that it is better to settle it separately. As for the other fish of the carp family, they do not get along with the barbs, "zolotushki" races. The reason - these neighbors can become either predators for golden fish, or their prey.
Decorative catfish - small corridors and catfish - good neighbors for ornamental fish. They live in the lower layers of water, so they don’t bother anyone, but peacefully collect leftover food from the bottom, clean it of dirt, which is very much after a goldfish. However, one has to be careful - catfish are sluggish creatures, which can irritate a golden fish. You should not settle with catfish antsistrusami, they are an exception. The ancistrus is large in size, and the lush fins of the beauties can slam.
All breeds of Carassius auratus: voile tails, Veikins, Shubunkins, telescopes, Riukins, will quietly cohabit in a common reservoir. They are the same parameters of the aquatic environment, which simplifies the care of these fish. However, there is a lack in such a neighborhood - crossing may occur between some adult fish, and they will bring hybrid offspring. This is fraught with a distortion of the characteristics of the breed that has been bred for years. The constant crossing of different breeds will lead to the fact that in one generation of descendants fish will appear that are no different from river carp.
See how goldfish with angelfish behave in an aquarium.
It is better to settle Carassius auratus alone - and so she is self-sufficient, is the queen of aquariums. Caring for one goldfish does not give you trouble. But if you want to take a chance - you can settle it with other fish, but watch out for the consequences. Sometimes all pets get along fine, but there are exceptions.
Who does not need to settle?
Representatives of the Kharatsinov family are not ideal neighbors for "cinchies". Neons, tetras, rhodostomuses, minors are small fish that carp can easily eat. They may get used to each other at the age of young, but later irreversible consequences will occur. But if you plan to settle goldfish not with small, but with large tetras - diamond or congo, then this neighborhood will be successful.
Labyrinth fish - not suitable as neighbors for ornamental goldfish. The first reason - labyrinths (gourami, lyalius) love warm water more than cool water. The second reason is that the labyrinth live an active way of life; they can engage in fights with veil-tailed fish, touching their fins. Theoretically, the compatibility of the Cinderella with the Ktenopome is possible, but it floats in the lower layers of the water, and the annoying neighbor with a long tail may simply not like her.
Cichlids - settlement in one aquarium is impossible due to the difference in temperature regimes of content and nature peculiarities. Cichlids are territorial fish, rather large and sometimes aggressive. Habitat cichlids are tropical regions of the globe, where the water is warm and clean. Goldfish are the descendants of freshwater crucian carp that inhabit temperate latitudes. Therefore, such a neighborhood for both species will be unusual. Because of this, compatibility with scalars is also unacceptable.
Telescope - goldfish: content, compatibility, breeding, photo-video review
CARASSIUS AURATUS FISH TELESCOPE
Detachment, family: Carp.
Comfortable water temperature: 18-25 C.
Ph: 5,0- 8,0.
Aggressiveness: not aggressive 10%.
Compatibility: with all the peaceful fish (danios, terntion, catfish speckled, neons, etc.)
Useful tips: There is an opinion (especially for some reason, from the sellers of pet stores) that when buying fish of this type you should be ready for frequent cleaning of the aquarium (almost with a vacuum cleaner))). This opinion is justified by the fact that the "Goldfish" nibbled and left a lot of "kakul". So, THIS IS NOT TRUE !!! He himself repeatedly wound up such fish ... there is no dirt - I spend an easy cleaning of the aquarium about once every two weeks. So, do not be frightened sellers tales !!! Fish look very nice in the aquarium. And for greater purity and control of "kakulyami", bring more catfish into the aquarium (speckled catfish, catfish, acanthophthalmos kyuli), and other orderlies from the aquarium !!!
It is also noted that these fish love to eat vegetation - do not buy expensive plants in the aquarium.
The telescope is one of the fish included in the so-called "Golden Fish" family. The fish is unusual and very beautiful. Received its name for large bulging eyes, which may have a spherical, cylindrical or conical shape. Fish size up to 12cm.
The body is ovoid, the fins are long, anal and caudal forked.
There are two types of telescopes:
- Scaleless: one-color and pied print;
- scaly (velvet black).
The color of the telescope is variable: red, orange, calico, black.
These fish are not very demanding of conditions. The main thing with its content is proper feeding - the key to success is the balance of the feed. The fish is susceptible to intestinal diseases and gill rot.
For the content you need a spacious aquarium with clean water without impurities. Neighbors should not be active and even more aggressive fish - barbs, cichlids, gourams, etc.
Comfortable parameters of water: temperature 18-25 ° C, aquarium water hardness 6-18 o, pH 5.0-8.0. Reinforced aeration and filtration.
The peculiarity of the fish is that it loves to rummage in the ground. As the soil is better to use coarse sand or pebbles, which are not so easily scattered fish. The aquarium itself should be spacious and species, with large-leaved plants. Therefore, in the aquarium it is better to plant plants with hard leaves and a good root system.
Fish in respect of feed unpretentious. They eat quite a lot and willingly, so remember that it is better to underfeed the fish than to overfeed them. The amount of food given daily should not exceed 3% of the weight of the fish. Adult fish are fed twice a day - early in the morning and in the evening. Feed is given as much as they can eat in ten to twenty minutes, and the remnants of non-eaten food should be removed. Feeding aquarium fish should be correct: balanced, varied. This fundamental rule is the key to successful keeping of any fish, be it guppies or astronotuses. Article "How and how much to feed aquarium fish" talks in detail about this, it outlines the basic principles of the diet and feeding regime of fish.
In this article, we note the most important thing - feeding fish should not be monotonous; both dry and live food should be included in the diet. In addition, you need to take into account the gastronomic preferences of a particular fish and, depending on this, include in its diet ration either with the highest protein content or vice versa with vegetable ingredients.
Popular and popular feed for fish, of course, are dry food. For example, hourly and everywhere can be found on the aquarium shelves of food company "Tetra" - the leader of the Russian market, in fact, the range of feeds of this company is striking. In the "gastronomic arsenal" of Tetra are included as individual feed for a certain type of fish: for goldfish, for cichlids, for loricarids, guppies, labyrinths, arovan, discus, etc. Also, Tetra has developed specialized foods, for example, for enhancing color, fortified or for feeding fry. Detailed information on all Tetra feeds, you can find on the official website of the company - here.
It should be noted that when buying any dry food, you should pay attention to the date of its production and shelf life, try not to buy food by weight, and also keep the food in a closed state - this will help avoid the development of pathogenic flora in it.
Photo fish telescope
Interesting video about telescopes