What are sick and how to treat cockerel fish
The aquarium fish fighting cockerel needs full care and in proper conditions of detention. If these rules are not followed, the fish may become ill, with negative consequences. Diseases are easily transmitted to other fish that live in the same aquarium with a rooster, even if it is divided into two halves by a partition. The treatment is simplified if she initially lives in a separate tank. If you observe: changes in the appearance, behavior and physiology of pets, it may be the symptoms of their disease.
- Symptoms of the disease appeared quickly, suddenly, and they showed up in other fish? Then the reason is as aquarium water. What to do: make measurements of water parameters using a water thermometer, litmus paper, pH value. Learn indicators of ammonia, nitrates and nitrites, temperature, CO2, oxygen. Be sure to change the water to fresh and clean.
- If symptoms of the disease appear in all fish, or in fish of the same species, it means that their organism is susceptible to infection. What to do: transplant diseased fish to a quarantine tank, do an inspection, diagnose all the symptoms, establish a diagnosis. Then you can treat.
Fin rot (Latin name: Aeromonas, Pseudomonas, Vibrio)
A terrible disease of the fish, which may be exposed to cockerels. Their fins are affected by pathogenic bacteria that completely destroy the structure of the fin. Symptoms of the disease: clouding of the fins, their sticking, the appearance of a white border, ulcers at the base of the fins, the cornea of the eyes may dim.
The main cause of the disease is improper care of the reservoir. A cockerel fish can get sick if:
- Aquarium for fish overpopulated;
- Water changes are rare or absent;
- Residues of the feed are not removed from the ground; the bottom siphon is not produced;
- The filter is bad or dirty;
- The new neighbors of the rooster did not stay in quarantine, or the roosters were placed in an aquarium with sick fish.
See how to treat fin rot.
Even in an ideal, at first glance, aquarium, cockerel fish can get sick. Fin rot is an infectious disease that exists almost everywhere, and it develops rapidly in a favorable environment. Treatment of fish is permissible with the use of anti-fungal and anti-bacterial drugs, which allow in a few days to limit the growth of bacteria, after which the fish can be fully treated. Preparations for treating fin rot in males: malachite green, Sera Baktopur, streptocid 1.5 g per 10 liters of water (baths), Tetra GeneralTonic (Tetra), Antipar, Fiosept, Tripaflavin. Can be used for the treatment of salt baths: for cockerel 7-10 grams of salt per 1 liter of water. They can be arranged 30 minutes a day. All preparations for fish should be used according to the instructions for use.
Ichthyophthyriosis, or "semolina"
The causative agent of fish disease is the ichthyophthirius infusoria. It hits their body, covering it with spots like semolina. Every year this disease mutates, it becomes harder to cure. Previously, it was treated by heating water to a temperature of 30-35 ° C, single-celled were destroyed. Modern ichthyophthiriosis is not always treatable with medication.
Symptoms of the disease: the fish becomes lethargic, rubs against the ground, eats poorly, swims in jerks, trembles. On the head appears "semolina", which is distributed throughout the body. In males, parasitic unicellulars appear if:
- Behind an aquarium do not clean, do not replace water;
- If the tank is overpopulated, cramped for fish;
- When the cockerel is overfed;
- New plants or fish have not been quarantined;
- In an aquarium for fish there is cool water, below 25 ° C.
Watch a video on how to treat ichthyophthyriosis.
Treatment of fish ichthyophthiriosis is possible with the use of sea or table salt, methylene blue, malachite green. Also use drugs Bicillin-5, Trypaflavin, Antipar, Sera Costapur. Doses of drugs should be selected according to the instructions. Another treatment condition is water heating up to a temperature of 30-32 degrees, but preventing overheating. This should be during the treatment of fish. After recovery, the fish for 3-5 days should be in the water with such a temperature, as a preventive measure. Do not forget to treat the entire aquarium with the bicillin -5 and replace the water with a clean one.
Hodiniosis, or "velvet disease"
Oodinum flagellum - the causative agent of the disease. The reasons for their spread are cool water, new neighbors untreated in quarantine, poor aquarium cleaning. When a fish is sick, gray or golden nodules form on the edges of its fins. Then the scales exfoliate, the fins stick together. Sick fish does not breathe, does not eat, moves in jerks, rubs against the bottom. The cockerel fish along with other fish should be treated in a quarantine tank, with heated water temperatures. They are treated with drugs Sera oodinopur, JBL Oodinol, Tetra Medika General Tonic, Ichthiophore, Formed or Antipar according to the instructions. Also replace the water for small fish with clean, process all decorations and plants.
See also: Aquarium species of cockerels, Compatibility of cockerels with other fish and aquarium inhabitants.
What to do if fish die in an aquarium
Aquarium fish can die for various reasons. The most common are drastic changes in water parameters, disease, and body wear. The detrimental level of oxygen in the water affects the health of the fish. In this case, the fish are at the surface of the water, and capture the air. If the problem is not solved in time, the pets will die. Unfortunately, there are a number of reasons why domestic fish can die.
The level of oxygen in an aquatic environment depends on the temperature of the water (in warm water, a low concentration of dissolved oxygen), chemical indicators, a bacterial film on the surface of the water, outbreaks of ciliates and algae. To solve the problem will help water renewal, intensive aeration. Fluctuations of the surface layer of water play a leading role in the gas exchange of a closed space.
Common causes of death of aquarium fish
- Water of inadequate quality (dirty, turbid, toxic). The likely cause of death is poisoning with nitrogenous compounds that are formed after the collapse of fish waste. Improper water purification leads to the fact that nitrites, nitrates and ammonium as toxic substances quickly spread in the water. The correct nitrogenous cycle is a guarantee of the health of all pets. But if the water is poisoned by nitrogenous compounds, it becomes turbid, the smell of rot will appear. The dissolved ammonia can be in a reservoir in high doses at a pH level of 7.5 and above. At lower pH levels, ammonium is not so toxic, but it can harm small fish. Fish die from poisoning with this substance.
- Wrong conditions of the settlement of fish, too fast adaptation. Water in a pet store and in a home tank can vary in many ways. If the fish instantly settle into the water of a different pH level, hardness, temperature, with a difference of one unit and more, then they die within 24 hours or one week. It is advisable to take water from the store aquarium in a portable package, and pour it into a separate container. It is necessary to add water from the main reservoir in portions, not more than 5% of the total volume, at intervals of 10 minutes. Fish can be transplanted into the aquarium after the part of the aquarium water in the tank becomes higher than 60-75% of the total volume.
See how to properly transplant aquarium fish.
- Gas embolism is a disease that can lead to the sudden death of a fish. On the eyes, the body can be seen capillaries, the body turns red, the fish swims from corner to corner, the body is covered with air bubbles, the scales are tousled. The disease is the result of a sharp replacement of water (more than 50%), or the settlement of the pet in the water, recruited directly from the tap.
- Illness is another reason why fish die. Often the symptoms of the disease are visible immediately by the behavior of the fish and its appearance. Diseases are the result of a weak immune system, stress, infection. Without solving problems with water, even drugs do not always eliminate the problem. Some treatments may not be suitable, and may lead to poor health. For example, salting water for medicinal purposes is impossible if the fish are poisoned by nitrates. Therefore, if you buy a new fish, leave it for a 2-4 week quarantine so that it probably does not bring the disease to the general aquarium. After quarantine, healthy fish can be launched to other fish.
What to do if you find a dead fish in the walls of the aquarium?
- Look at the number of fish in the tank. Recount them in the morning and in the hours of feeding. What is their condition, do they take food well? Are there fish that refuse food? Is it possible bloating in one of the fish? If you have not found any fish, check all the corners in the aquarium by lifting the lid. Inspect the plants, caverns and all the scenery. If after a few days the dead fish did not float to the surface, it may have suffered from a neighbor in the aquarium, and you can hardly find it. Sometimes the fish fall into an unprotected filter, and die there. In any case, keep searching until you find the visible reasons for the disappearance.
- Fish that have died in an aquarium should be removed from it. Tropical species of fish quickly rot because of high water temperature. Under conditions of such an environment, bacteria multiply rapidly, water grows turbid, and an unpleasant odor appears, which can cause infection of other pets.
- It is necessary to do an inspection of a dead fish. You must understand why she died in an aquarium. Wear medical gloves. If the body is not completely decomposed, look at the condition of the fins, scales, and condition of the abdominal cavity. Perhaps there are wounds on the body or signs that she has suffered from unproductive neighbors. If the stomach is strongly swollen, eyes bulging, the scales are covered with bloom or stains - it means that the pet has suffered from illness or poisoning. After inspection, gloves should be discarded.
- Check the water parameters. Water is often the main cause of poor health. Take tests with indicators, and make the necessary measurements. The increased content of ammonia and nitrates in water, heavy metals leads to the fact that pets die quickly. If the aquarium has a decorative element made of iron, zinc, copper - this is another pointer. Some fish do not tolerate metal, and suddenly die.
Watch a video on why water tests are needed and how to use them.
- After the test results, draw conclusions. The test will show two results - either you have everything in order in the aquarium, or the water is dirty and there is an overabundance of toxic substances in it. In the second case, you need to enable powerful filtering, and make a replacement of 25% of the aquarium water for clean and infused. Dramatically change the parameters of the water is not necessary, it can harm living fish.
- But if the water is in proper condition, there may be a number of other reasons why the fish died. Sometimes aquarium pets die of hunger, overeating, illness, severe stress, bruises after attacking other fish, age. If the fish die suddenly, you need to do everything necessary to keep others alive. Contact your veterinarian if you do not find obvious causes of death of the pet.
Why die fish in an aquarium, what to do?
Why do fish die
or the story of the sad fate of Goldfish!
The motive for writing this article was the communication on the form Fanfishka.ru with a certain citizen who wrote in the section on helping to determine the disease of fish.
"Help, please, I have a telescope at the age of 6 months. I haven’t eaten anything for three days. It floats on the surface with difficulty, there is enough air. There is no external damage and no swelling. Help if you can still, it’s a pity to lose fish."
Being a conscientious and sensitive person, I gave her a plan of action and events according to the full scheme, advised the preparations. And then, when I wrote everything, I thought - why should I treat it so radically, maybe the reason for the poor health of the fish lies on the surface? :)
In this connection, I asked a citizen: "Tell me, what is your aquarium volume, who lives there besides the telescope, etc."
When I received the answer, I just went nuts! I’m trying to get along with treatment and help, but it turns out that ... read the answer: "Aquarium 80 liters. 1 gourami, 2 thorns, 2 gold, 2 telescopes (1 patient, another healthy, but for some reason does not grow), 2 danios, 2 small antsistrus, 2 speckled catfish, 1 angelfish, 2 ampoules ... ".
The reason that the telescope was bad - was revealed !!!
Imagine if 16 people planted in an eight-meter hut, how much would they stretch? ... Whatever the conditions in this hut, the sea would start a month later.
Vendors of pet shops are selling fish to beginner aquarists, using their insatiable desired “I want this fish, this one and that one and those catfish”. At the same time, neither of them think about the further fate of the fish.
Sad! But for some reason, this is exactly the fate of "cramming nevpihuemoe" comprehends only aquarium inhabitants. Imagine, mother and daughter come to the pet store and say: "Give us 15 cats, 3 Yorkshire terriers, 5 chinchillas and one sheep-dog and 2 more parrots do not forget." Unfortunately, with aquarium fish this is exactly what happens.
And then, after a while, a convulsive scripture begins and the search for an answer to the questions: why the fish die and die, why do the fish lie at the bottom, float or swim on the surface, do not grow and do not eat!HERE'S OWN, WHAT HAS BEEN AWARDED ME WRITE THIS ARTICLE!This is some kind of attempt to stop the mockery of fish! An article for future similar questions. An article that will somehow help newcomers and people who are going to buy an aquarium to understand that the fish are the same living things as we do - they grow, require certain conditions of detention, have their own characteristics, etc.
Very clearly, this problem is visible in Goldfish (pearls, comets, telescopes, veils, shubunkin, oranda, ranch, koi carps, etc.). People either do not know or do not understand that this family of fish belongs to large species. In fact, they need to be kept in ponds (as it was in Dr. China) or in large aquariums.
But it was not there! People for some reason have developed a Hollywood stereotype that Goldfish looks beautiful in a round small aquarium.
HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!! The minimum volume of an aquarium for a pair of goldfish should be from 100 liters. This is the minimum in which they can live normally, and it’s not a fact that they will grow "to their full height."
Therefore, recalling the above example with a citizen, which has an 80-liter aquarium, in which: 4th scrofula, scalar, gourami and others ... it is not surprising to hear "My golden fish does not eat anything, lies at the bottom or swims belly to the top." And it touches the question, why do they not grow?))) But how can you grow here, you wouldn’t die!
In addition, in this example, there is a relative compatibility of fish. We must not forget that Scalaria is a peaceful, but still South American cichlid, and somehow it’s not a friend with goldfish. The same goes for the gourami - they are peaceful, but snooty individuals come across.Summarizing what has been said, I earnestly ask everyone not to violate the norms and conditions of keeping the fish.
Do not be greedy!
And then your fish will grow beautiful and big.
Somewhere I read that for 1 cm. The body of a fish without a tail should have 2-3 liters of water in an aquarium. Who cares here is a link to the compilation - How much can the fish in an aquarium X liters (at the end of the article, select the aquarium of the desired volume).
Now I would like to talk about other reasons that lead to poor health of fish, without any visible reason (signs of the disease are not visually visible).
If the norms of the volume of the aquarium are not violated, the compatibility of the fish and their number are not violated, and the fish still float or vice versa lie at the bottom and swallow air, then the reason may be:
Poisoning fish with nitrogen, ammonia,
and more simply poop
We live in the air, and the fish in the water. Parameters of aquarium water directly affect the health of the fish.
In the process of life, aquarium fish and other inhabitants defecate, another organic matter dies, the remains of food decompose, which leads to excessive saturation of water with nitrogenous compounds that are detrimental to all living things.
Thus, the cause of poor health or a pestilence in fish may be:
- lack of care for the aquarium (cleaning, cleaning, siphon, no filter or replacement of aquarium water).
- overfeeding fish (the presence in the aquarium is not eaten feed).
- untimely disposal of dead fish, etc. (some novices watch snails burst dead fish, this is absolutely impossible).
What to do in this case? It is necessary to eliminate the sources of nitrogen excretion:
- urgently transplant fish into another aquarium with clean water;
- strengthen aeration and filtration;
- to clean the aquarium, and then replace it? aquarium water to fresh;
- fill in the filter aquarium coal;
It should always be remembered that Aquarium water needs to be replaced weekly. However, this is not always good - old water is better than fresh, especially for young aquariums, in which the biobalance is not yet tuned. So this should also be done with the mind and as needed. If you see that the water in your "young aquarium" is not green, not muddy, etc. Replace at the beginning of 1 / 5-1 / 10 of the volume of aquarium water. However, one should always keep in mind that clear water is not an indicator of its purity.With that said, it is necessary to develop your own “tactics” of water changes based on the volume of the aquarium, its age and fish preferences, etc.
Emergency fish transplant - This is a temporary measure, if the fish is very profitable. As a rule, when a fish is not feeling well (lying on the bottom, swallowing air, swimming on its side, etc.), such an action brings it to life and after 2-3 hours it is cheerful and cheerful.
It should be remembered that such a transplant should be done in the water at about the same temperature as in the aquarium, the water should be separated (preferably), do not forget to provide aeration. And yet, if there is no other aquarium, an emergency temporary transfer can be carried out in a basin or other vessel.
About coal. Aquarium coal is sold in any pet store. It is not very expensive, so I recommend to buy it in reserve. Coal - this is a great additional measure in the fight against "shit and other evil spirits." If it is not at hand, you can temporarily take human activated carbon, wrap it in gauze or bandage and put it in the filter.
There are also so-called ion-exchange resins, for example, zeolite, they also refer to absorbents as coal, but they work, if you can say so at a more subtle level — removing nitrites and nitrates from the aquarium — decomposition products of ammonia, which in turn is formed from dead organics and waste products of hydrobionts.
Water filtration. It's simple. The aquarium filter must be suitable for the volume of aquarium water. Additional helpers: aquarium plants, as well as snails, shrimps and crustaceans.
In the end, we can advise the drug for quick cleaning of the aquarium from sewage - TetraAqua Biocoryn.Another reason that the fish die can be the wrong adaptation of newly purchased fish.
Well, firstly, you should not release new fish immediately into the aquarium. Everyone knows that. Let them acclimatize: Therefore, see the article All about Purchasing Transplant Fish Shipping!
Secondly, the fish that lived in the pet store or grew up in another pond got used to certain water parameters (pH, hD, temperature) and if you transplant them into water with radically opposite parameters, this can lead to their death in a day or a week.
Actually therefore for the correct adaptation there are so-called quarantine aquariums. You kill two birds with one stone: check whether new fish are contagious and adapt them to new conditions. The quarantine principle is simple - it is a small aquarium (another reservoir) into which new aquarium inhabitants are launched and within a week they are checked for lice, as well as they gradually add aquarium water from the aquarium in which they will live.
You can do without quarantine, but it is a risk! As a rule, it carries in 80% of cases, but 20% still remain. To neutralize these 20% I recommend to transfer fish with the drug company Tetra AquaSave (Tetra AquaSafe), read here DRUGS AND TETRA AIR CONDITIONERS. This preparation "improves" aquarium water and reduces the stress of fish during transplantation.The third reason that the fish is bad is asphyxia, caused by the lack of sufficient aeration of aquarium water.
The obvious signs of asphyxiation (suffocation) in fish are: frequent opening of the mouth, heavy breathing, wide opening of the mouth - as if yawning, the fish swims near the surface and lack oxygen.
You should know that the fish breathe oxygen dissolved in aquarium water, which they pass through the gills with water and if it is not enough of the fish simply suffocate.
Enhanced aeration and bringing it back to normal will correct the situation!
Another - the fourth reason for the ascent of the fish with a belly to the top can be the use of tap water
Opinions on this are different. While talking and discussing this topic, some comrades say: "Yes, all this is fikhgnya, I fill in the unstable tap water in the aquarium and everything is fine - the fish will not die." However, it is worth noting that tap water in many regions of the CIS is simply terrible! It contains so much bleach and other impurities that it is scary to use it. Somewhere, of course, the water is better here and “carries” - the fish do not die. In the Czech Republic, for example, tap water is generally spring water from the Karlovy Vary sources, but alas, where is the Czech Republic, and where are we ?!
Therefore it is very important to use only separated water for the aquarium. In addition to the fact that chlorine will evaporate from the water and heavy impurities will settle, excess oxygen will also be released, which are no less destructive for fish.
What to do if you poured tap water and fish from this poplohelo? Ideally transplanted into separated water. However, if you originally poured water, then you probably do not have separated water. One way out is to add aquarium chemistry that stabilizes the aquarium water. For example, the aforementioned Tetra AquaSafe or TetraAqua CrystalWater.
The fifth reason for the death of fish - a violation of the temperature
The generally accepted temperature measure of aquarium water for many fish is 25 degrees Celsius. But too cold water or too warm leads to all the same symptoms: the ascent of the fish, lying on the bottom, etc.
With cold water, everything is clear - you need to buy a thermostat and bring the reduced temperature to the desired one. But with too warm water is much more complicated. Usually aquarists encounter this problem in the summer, when the water in the aquarium boils and rolls over 30 degrees, from which the fish become lethargic and "faint."There are three ways out of this situation:
- cool the aquarium water handicraft: using frozen 2n. bottles from the fridge. But - this is not very convenient, because frozen water quickly gives off cold and you need to constantly change the bottle. In addition, jumps and temperature fluctuations - there, no less harmful than just elevated water temperature.
- sold special installation cooling aquarium, but alas, they are expensive.
- buy an air conditioner and install it in a room with an aquarium, in addition to room stuffiness, the air conditioner will knock down the aquarium heat. The last option in my opinion the most acceptable.
The sixth and seventh reason
Sometimes the cause of bloating the fish and swimming a belly or side to the top is overfeeding. Again, this reason is largely related to goldfish, because they suffer from gluttony, overeating and begging. Do not enter them on occasion. Feed them exactly as much as it should be. Otherwise, your gluttons will earn inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract or, more simply, they will suffer from constipation!
Another reason for which the fish can lie down for no apparent reason is stress. Well, do not like her neighbors and that's it. Or it often happens that they take young fish, and all the boys and one female grow out of it, and as a result, the boys start a showdown - who is in charge. The weak begin to chase and tyrannize, with the result that they are hammered into a corner, lie on the bottom, well, and die. There is only one way out, to resettle everyone, give them to friends or back to the pet shop.
What else can affect the health of fish:
- Excessive lighting or stress from it;
- decorating the aquarium with chemically dangerous decorations (metal, rubber, plastic);
- overdose of drugs;Summing up, it is possible to make an unequivocal conclusion that the correct maintenance of fish is a panacea for many aquarium ills. If you are attentive to your aquarium dwellers, they will thank you too.
beauty and longevity!
We also recommend that you read the brochure Navigator 3: an interview with an ichthyopathologist. Below is a link to the pdf-version, which you can download, as well as its test version.
To read and / or download the Navigator
click on the picture below
If you do not have a PDF reader installed, we recommend that you use AdobeReader by downloading it from the official site.
Useful video about the treatment of fish, which will help solve the question of what to do with a dying fish?Video section of the site on the treatment of aqua fish
What to do if you find a dead fish?
Suddenly discovered that you have died in a fish tank and do not know what to do now? We have compiled five tips for you to cope with the death of the fish and what to do if this happened. But, remember that even in the most ideal conditions, they still die. Often, suddenly, for no apparent reason and very annoying for the owner. Especially if it is a large and beautiful fish, such as cichlids.
Often aquarium fish die due to the fact that the water parameters have changed. The most pernicious effect on them is the low oxygen content of the water. Characteristic behavior is that most fish stand in the surface of the water and swallow air from it. If the situation is not corrected, then after a while they begin to die. At the same time, such situations can occur even among experienced aquarists! The oxygen content in water depends on the temperature of the water (the higher it is, the less oxygen is dissolved), the chemical composition of the water, the bacterial film on the surface of the water, the outbreak of algae or ciliates. You can help partial water changes by turning on aeration or directing the flow from the filter close to the surface of the water. The fact is that during gas exchange, it is the fluctuations of the water surface that play the decisive role.
1. Look at
Check and recalculate your fish daily, while feeding. Are they all alive? Are everyone healthy? Does everyone have a good appetite? Six neons and three speckled, everything is in place?
If someone is missed, check the corners of the aquarium and lift the lid, maybe it is somewhere upstairs in the plants? But you can not find a fish, it is quite possible that she died. In this case, stop searching. As a rule, a dead fish becomes visible anyway, it either floats to the surface, or lies on the bottom, the floor is snagged, stoned, or even falls into the filter. Every day, inspect the aquarium, did the dead fish appear? If found, then ...
2. Remove the dead fish
Any dead fish, as well as large snails (such as ampoules or mariz) should be removed from the aquarium. They rot very quickly in warm water and create soil for the development of bacteria, the water is muddier and begins to stink. This all poisons other fish and leads to their death.
3. Look at the dead fish
If the fish is not too decomposed, do not hesitate to examine it. This is unpleasant, but necessary. Are her fins and scales full? Maybe her neighbors beat her to death? Are the eyes in place and are they dull? Strongly swollen belly like in the picture? Maybe she has an internal infection or she has poisoned herself with something.
4. Check water
Every time you find a dead fish in your tank, you need to check the quality of the water with the help of tests. Very often the cause of fish death is the increase in the content of harmful substances in the water - ammonia and nitrates. To test them, get in advance tests for water, better drip.
The test results will show two results, either everything is fine in your tank and you should look for the cause in another one, or the water is already rather polluted and you need to replace it. But, remember that it is better to change no more than 20-25% of the volume of the aquarium, so as not to change the maintenance conditions of the fish too dramatically.
If the water is all right, then you need to try to determine the cause of death of the fish. Of the most common: disease, hunger, overfeeding (especially dry food and bloodworms), long stress due to improper housing conditions, age, the attack of other fish. And a very frequent reason - and who knows why ... Believe me, any aquarist, even the one who has been keeping a complex fish for many years, has sudden deaths to watch his favorite fish.
If the incident is a single case, then do not worry - just watch out for new fish or die. If this happens all the time, then obviously something is wrong. Be sure to contact an experienced aquarist, it's easy to find now, since there are forums and the Internet.
How to understand that the cockerel fish is pregnant :: how to determine the age of the cockerel fish :: Breeding
How to understand that the cockerel fish is pregnant
Cockerel fishes are one of the most spectacular species, which pleases aquarists not only with bright colors, fluffy tail and fins, but also fighting enthusiasm. However, breeding cockerels requires special care, because the calf will be looked after by the male, and the fish become especially aggressive during this period.
Question "British Pregnancy" - 1 answer
1. For breeding cockerel fish, select at least two fish: a male and a female. It is possible to determine the sex of the fish in comparison - the males are larger, they have a big tail, a rounded fin. They behave more aggressively, if you put them in front of a mirror, they start to inflate the gills, to attack the reflection. Females behave more modestly and are painted in more pale shades, they always have a white speck on the abdomen. The difficulty lies in the fact that some males also have a white spot, and some "hens" behave aggressively and can strongly pat the "spouse".
2. Choose the right pair, better than one species, for example, female and male voiletail. Fish capable of breeding are not younger than 3.5 months, but not too old. Before planning spawning, it is better to plant them in different reservoirs for a week and feed them with live food: bloodworms or koretra, it contains many nutrients.
3. To determine the pregnancy of the cockerel, just watch her. In fact, the caviar is formed constantly in the female, therefore it is impossible to speak of her pregnancy as a temporary period. For an aquarist much more important is the notion of readiness for spawning a rooster. The abdomen slightly increases, the horizontal stripes become vertical and very clear. In light individuals, caviar may appear through the abdomen. The behavior changes as well: the females start to inflate the gills, flirt and swim next to the male.
4. For breeding fry, prepare a separate aquarium, a small reservoir of 15 liters will do. It is necessary to pour distilled water into it in advance, install an aerator, light and a heater (a temperature of 28 ° C is needed). The fish will feel more protected if there are growing vallisneria bushes, pistias, and a hornpole. You can also place small red snails that will clean the aquarium from unfertilized eggs and various parasites.
5. Note that the male rooster plays the main role in the nest device. He builds a nest of foam on the surface of the water, then pushes the female to the nest, presses on her abdomen and slides eggs. Then he fertilizes them and puts them in the nest. After the "birth" the male begins to push the female away from the nest - at this moment it is better to plant her in another reservoir, she will no longer take care of the clutch. When the fry hatch and begin to swim, it should also be deposited.
How to determine that the fish is pregnant :: pregnant aquarium fish :: Breeding
How to determine that the fish is pregnant
Breeding aquarium fish process is quite time-consuming, because besides the fish should receive the right amount of food, light and oxygen, it is necessary to determine the fact of pregnancy in time and not miss the birth of the fry, which otherwise can simply be eaten.
Question "British Pregnancy" - 1 answer
The reproduction of fish, like any other animals, is a very complex physiological process, which is always accompanied by a number of features and which is influenced by the environment, both natural and artificial.
Fish that are ready for breeding after fertilization are often required to be kept in special conditions, but for this it is important to correctly determine whether the fish is really pregnant. Each breed of fish has its own characteristics, which are expressed both in a change in the color of the females, and in an increase in the abdomen.
Swordtail females are ready to mate already at 8 months, because it is at this age that these fish end puberty.
If the female Sword bearer is pregnant, a dark color stain appears on her stomach, and the stomach itself becomes rounded. Closer to the birth, the tummy grows and acquires a square shape.
Such aquarium fish as a guppy, which is also viviparous and very similar to the Sword, has its own characteristics of reproduction. To become pregnant, the guppy does not need the constant presence of a male, this fish may repeatedly fry from one mating produced.
To understand that a fish is pregnant is easy enough: its sides and abdomen increase at times. Just like with the Swordsmen, the guppy has a dark spot at the back, which increases in size closer to childbirth. Thus, the only difference in guppies is the repeated throwing of fry from one partner, and fertilization takes place once in swordsmen, and the female is immediately deposited.
In the breed of cockerel fish, puberty begins already at 4 months, the white spot becomes the hallmark of the female's pregnancy, and not the dark one, like other fish, and of course, the rounded belly.
The peculiarity of female cockerels is the process of birth itself: the male twists the nest from plants, and when the time is right they freeze in the nest with the female, then smoothly descend to its bottom, where the release of eggs occurs. After that, the male protects the calf for several days, from which the fry appear, and then it is deposited, as well as the mother that gave birth to it.
Bright and funny chopping parrots are very popular today with home aquarium lovers. These fish breed poorly, so they need special conditions. For example, for mating, the water in the aquarium is made warmer, and for throwing a shell or shelter house is installed. The pregnancy of the fish is expressed by the usual signs - a swollen abdomen and a dark spot near the tail, but the behavior also changes: the female tends more and more to the bottom and leaves the light.
Why die cockerel fish?
For an adequate response, there is a lack of data on electrical equipment, its operation, feeding and the appearance of the fish. It would not be bad to clarify with whom they share the aquarium and its volume ...
For example: a micro-aquarium is not able to maintain a higher form of life for a long time.
Aqua from 10 liters (not a ball or a cube), NOT colored soil, only natural 2-8 mm fraction, filter, hot water bottle, live plants. Fill the aquarium with water, pour a layer of 5-6 cm washed with soil, fill it with water and plant the plants, set, turn on the filter, leave for 14 days, then put the heating pad, temperature 26-27 g, let the rooster go.
Further, it is advisable to feed at least 2p per week with frozen food (moth eats well) or dry quality food. Feed once a day, a little bit. A hungry fish is a healthy fish.
Replacements of 20-35% for separated water once a week, + siphon, washing the filter sponge as necessary.
- and the rooster will have a healthy long life)
and as an option, buy Petya not in a pet store, but from breeders - a guarantee for a young age and health, + consultation
Site about roosters, selection, maintenance, care, help with treatment. There are themes with the sale of beautiful cockerels)
Died fish (fighting cock), the question inside.
with snails, you could easily bring in a trematode, the fish caught and died. Trematodes affected fish just sit in place, they have damage to the skin (especially often on the head and gills) appear blackened muscles and the appearance of nodules or growths. In principle, very similar to your case. Snails are to blame for that. But do not worry, if the trematode came out of the snail and got into the fish, then she died with her and no longer infected other fish, other fish also can not infect each other.
You can keep the general aquarium, which must be closed from above, so that there is warm air above the surface of the water, because otherwise fish, catching cold air, can catch a cold. Thickets of plants and snags will provide females with shelter from the pursuit of males, who are also pugnacious among themselves.
Water: 24-26 ° C, dH 4-15 °, pH 6-7.5.
Maybe the matter is the acidity of the water or the air above the water is cold ...
Possible viral infection from snails. Without special analyzes can not be determined.
Someone from you or Kisa, or Lynx, or ichtiogol obviously drives. Where did you go, if I went to a veterinary clinic then what is an ichthyologist? If they paid money, they should clarify all interjections. Why did not do the analysis? In general, analyzes in fish farming is the dissection of living specimens and makes it an ichthyopathologist, only so he can collect all tissue samples. So do not chase a blizzard.
Help is needed! little fish (cockerel)
Bouquet of butterflies: *
Immediate measures should be taken if the rooster has at least one of these symptoms: · squeezed fins, · it lies on its side, · breathes heavily, · has dull eyes, · swollen gills, · pallor of coloring, · if the cock is scratching about different objects in the aquarium, · white dots on the body and fins, · golden dust, · threads of white color stretching from the body of the fish. · A sharp rejection of food. The diseases of males can be divided into three groups: 1. parasitic, 2. bacterial 3. fungal. Parasitic Ichthyophtiriosis One of the most famous diseases of cockerels is ichthyophthyriosis. It is also called the "semolina" aquarium fish. This disease is caused by protozoa Ichthyophthirius multifiliis. The symptoms of cockerels with this disease are as follows: the fins are compressed, swimming in spurts, they itch on different objects in the aquarium - this is how the fish tries to get rid of parasites. The simplest live under the skin of fish, feeding on the host's tissues. They are fixed and form white capsules. When the parasites reach puberty, the capsules burst, breaking off the skin epithelium. These parasites are present in every aquarium, but the fish are protected by a good immune system. As soon as it is weakened, and cold or dirty water can contribute to this, poor conditions of feeding and feeding, so the parasites will immediately start working and infect the fish. After passing through the life cycle, a parasite that has reached puberty falls into the ground, and forms a cyst in which cell division occurs. Therefore, at this stage, the treatment is useless. The division lasts from several hours to several days - the parasite is divided into 800-1500 daughter cells, which then go in search of the owner. The best method of treatment is to use preparations containing malachite green or copper. For example: Sera Kostapur, Tetra Konrta Ik, Antipar, Formed and others. Corduroy or Oodinios. This disease is caused by the protozoa Oodinium. In males infected with odiniums, the following symptoms appear: squeezed fins, rapid breathing, golden spots or dust on the body and fins. As with ichthyophthiriosis, cockerels float jerky and try to scratch themselves against various objects in the aquarium. Oodiniosis occurs in fish when they are kept in poor conditions. Also especially vulnerable are the fish that have recently spawned. If you do not make the treatment, the fish will die. Very well help in the fight against odiniumy drugs that contain basically copper. For example: Formed, Oodinol, Bitsilin-5 also copes well. Internal parasites (internal bacterial lesions). These diseases are caused by various bacteria and parasites. Usually the most important symptom is when the fish eats well, but begins to lose weight. Of course, prevention is better than cure. Live food should be thoroughly rinsed for a week, and frozen to buy only from trusted vendors. If you notice signs of internal lesions, then the fish should be immediately transplanted into the aquarium with clean, warm water and begin treatment. For treatment, use these drugs: Antibak-250, Sera Baktopur Direct, Furan-2. After treatment, the entire inventory is sanitized by Ecocide or Chlorhexedine. Gill flukes. It is very easy to notice that the fish is infected with gill flukes. Gills become inflamed and become faded, swollen, hemorrhages appear, they become covered with mucus, appetite disappears and soon the fish die from asphyxiation. Infected fish becomes restless, breathing hard, trying to itch the gills of plants and various decorations. Sometimes flukes can be seen hanging from the gills. For the treatment of using such drugs: Azinoks Plus, Formed, Sera Tremazole. Fungal Saprolegnosis This disease is provoked by a number of mushrooms Saprolegnia, Aphanomyces, Achilla. The disease develops when keeping fish in too cold and dirty water. The skin, fins, gills and calves are damaged.
Hmm, I do not even know. Try google.
My cock died yesterday. From dropsy. Recently I didn’t swim, the tail has lost all beauty, the scales are bristling. If you are wrong, then not a dropsy.
Motyle feed is not desirable. Different sores tolerate. Dry food daily too! Immunity falls!
Change the food! Switch to other feed. Before you start, you need to read the information.
It was also necessary to ask whether it was imported or not. Those brought in are ill and live a little.
This is not an aquarium, but a plastic bottle that releases carcinogens into water. Only snails can live in such a jar, and not like not fish. Aquarium heater for cockerel should always be. no temperature drops are allowed for them, cockerels are very thermophilic. and once again I repeat the plastic bottle and artificial algae spoils the water.
Now I will write as it was necessary to do initially so that the fish did not get sick.
the aquarium has only glass, a filter and a heater in it (the aerator for males is not needed, but it is better to install a filter with aeration). Aquarium soil should be washed properly and it would be good to boil it. The temperature on the heating set 27-28 degrees. This is especially important when buying fish, because they perceive the road and the change of water with stress. water before running the fish should stand for about 10 days. then water plants are planted in such water. and after 3 days of fish. Neither the filter nor the heating is turned off at all, even if you leave for a long time.
you can feed the fish with live food, but only frozen. before serving, it is better to thaw a cube of feed on a napkin. Frozen feed sold in pet stores. Your task is to bring such food to the house, without letting it unfreeze. if it defrosts, you can throw it away. or freeze live moths themselves in small piles in some convenient container. raw fresh bloodworm is not recommended; diseases are transmitted. You can feed it with flakes or chips for tropical fish, but this kind of food should be bought in branded jars, and not by weight.
in general it seems to me that it is not possible to cure the fish. You look on the Internet. Maybe something and find. You can even ask the vet. He does not hit in the forehead. The fish is probably not saved. But you know all the same.
Methylenku why? In inexperienced hands, poison is for fish, moreover, it is toxic. And what does the new water mean? Every time you pour-pour new? So it will not work, especially with the labyrinth, preferring the "old" and soft water. Teach materiel on launch and do not torment the fish in the tank of the toilet.
All fish die in the aquarium (Read description)
Maybe some kind of infection got into the aquarium. I also bought a cockerel, and on day 3 he died. Then I launched 3 guppies in the same aquarium in 15 days, and everything is fine, they have been living for half a year, and by the way, without a filter and a compressor.
Read carefully - if you do everything, everything will be OK. First, drain the water and take out everything that is there. Ask anyone for water from a good long-established aquas. At least a third of the aquarium. If it is not possible to take water, then you need to defend 3 days. Then pour the sediment into the aquarium. Stones and soil boil. After you need to plant some algae. And you can plant small snails. So he should melt a week better. The water should first turn cloudy, and then brighten. After that, you can colonize the fish. At such a displacement of not more than 6 guppies. Temperature is very important. It must correspond to the one from which you will replant fish. On average, it is 24-28 degrees. Aeration - should not create a current that blows everything in its path. For such a water enough compressor outside with a sponge.
Very important things - under no circumstances should direct sunlight fall on the aquarium. You can not overfeed. Duration of daylight should also be balanced. Water change should be done with settled water and do not need to do this more than 1-2 times a month. Well, in principle, all the basics. Everything else will come with experience.
Of course, it is necessary to say about the compatibility of fish. I think this is already clear to you :).
If you follow these simple rules - everything will be fine always.
Fishermen are most likely to be thrown back from osmotic shock, google, how the aquarium starts up correctly, without air conditioners, in a natural way — there’s a lot of information in Tyrnet, Sergei Pavlov’s algae aren’t planted; , the rodenthead and vallisneria is the most for the beginner.