Installation of the aquarium: instructions and useful video
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS AQUARIUM INSTALLATIONBy purchasing the first aquarium and creating your underwater kingdom, you unwittingly touched by the mistakes made, incidents and incidents.
What I lacked at that stage was step-by-step brief instructions. After all, I simply did not want to read a whole book or a bunch of Internet articles about the first launch of an aquarium, because there was one “zombie thought” in my head - tomorrow the aquarium should earn!
I HOPE THIS INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE USEFUL FOR YOU, UNDERSTANDING SPEED AND GIVE STEP-BY-STEP ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS: HOW TO BUY AN AQUARIUM? I WANT AQUARIUM WITH WHAT TO BEGIN? HOW TO RUN THE AQUARIUM?
OK, GET ON ...
1. Determine where the aquarium will stand?
- it is better to place the aquarium in a dark corner, so that direct sunlight does not fall on it (from them in the aquarium, algae may start up uncontrollably, sunlight creates glare on the glass).
- think about how the power supply will be suitable for the aquarium (for connecting: lighting, filter, aeration, heater).
- If you decide to put the aquarium is not special. stand, but on the furniture you already have, or you want to build an aquarium in a furniture niche - be sure to consider the weight of the aquarium with water so that it does not fall under its weight. The surface must be durable. CHECK !!!
- if you have small children, think about their safety and the safety of aquarium inhabitants from children. Children's access to the aquarium and its equipment should be limited (the principle - "look, but do not touch").
2. Pre-dial tap water for sludge.
- this should be done at least a day before landing the fish. The presence of dissolved oxygen in tap water can kill fish. Although in practice everything can do, especially if you use special tools to improve the composition of the water (for example, Aquaceave from the Tetra series). But it is better not to risk, especially for the first time. Remember, an aquarium for beginners - the first launch of an aquarium should be carried out “according to a template”, later being experienced you can experiment, for example, if the volume of the aquarium is large and there is no place to defend the water, you can fill the installed aquarium with tap water and defend it, at least 1 day. With this method, need / desirable "Aquaseiv."
3. Now we run to the pet store and:
- we buy a pre-looked aquarium (corresponding to the chosen place).
- filter and aeration (must correspond to the volume of the aquarium).
- choose the soil and decor (artificial plants, stones, castles, snags, etc.).
- If it is winter in the yard, you still need an aqua heater.
4. We proceed to the step-by-step installation of the aquarium:
- level the surface special furniture or furniture on which there will be an aquarium. To do this, buy the simplest water building level ($ 3 - then it will still come in handy on the farm). The fact is that aquarium water creates pressure on the walls of the aquarium. And any even a small angle of inclination creates a very tangible pressure on a separate wall (the pressure will not be uniform). What aquarium can "burst." Level the surface as carefully as possible. Only small deviations are allowed. For small aquariums - up to 35 litas, leveling the surface is not necessary.
- set the aquarium to the surface. A polyethylene bubble pad (usually sold with an aquarium) is laid between the aquarium and the surface. Ensure that the edges of the aquarium do not hang from the pedestal or furniture.
- now pour out and distribute the soil in the aquarium. It is advisable to wash it in advance after the pet store, thereby getting rid of excess dust and dirt.
- set the decor.
5. Fill the aquarium with separated water.
Not an easy job I can tell you, especially if the volume of the aquarium from 100l. (10 buckets).
Water is poured gently / slowly.
In order not to wash away the soil and not to scatter the scenery, I recommend to put some dishes or a can on the bottom. Directing a stream of water on the can, the water will spray and your decor and the soil will remain intact.
Fill the aquarium up to the top leaving, approximately, 5-7 cm from the edge.
6. Install filtering and aeration, run.
7. Now we run to the pet store again and buy long-awaited fish, snails, live plants ... don't forget to buy food (preferably wait at least seven days with this, the water should at least "infuse", aquarium chemistry accelerates this process: AquaSafe, Baktozy , Tetra NitratMinus Perls other).
8. Release the fish in your tank. The package with the fish is lowered first into the aquarium water, a little scooped into the package of water and kept in the aquarium for about 15 minutes (for adaptation). Then turn the bag over and release the fish.
In the future, all you need is attention and care for your pets.
And with them will gradually come experience!
Useful video about installing and running an aquarium
I hope my article was useful for you and your desire "I want to start an aquarium" has only increased. In parting, I want to say - do not be afraid and do not hesitate! Get an aquarium! Aquarium is great, and caring for it is much easier than for cats and especially for dogs)))
Dear newcomer of the aquarium world and a young aquarist, I recommend that you also read the following articles:
LAUNCH OF AQUARIUM
Aquarium for beginners
Buying, purchasing and transplanting fish
Compatibility of aquarium fish selection and selection rules
AQUARIUM WATER: Part 1
List of all aquarium fish (A ...)
List of all aquarium plants (AO)
I WANT TO GO TO FISH: how to equip the first beautiful aquarium.
WHAT IS NECESSARY TO THE AQUARIUM: what to consider when choosing an aquarium and which fish to buy?
The most unpretentious aquarium fish, the smallest aquarium fish. Top 10 is not difficult fish! Category: Aquarium Articles / EQUIPMENT AND FACILITY AQUARIUM | Views: 28 725 | Date: 03/05/2013, 13:46 | Comments (2) We also recommend reading:
- - Aquarium and fish for children: tips for parents!
- - Hilodonellosis treatment
- - Aquarium at work and in the office
- - Compatibility of aquarium fish with other fish
- - Inventory and accessories for aquarium
What kind of fish to have a novice aquarist?
In order for the fish to please their owners and to reveal the amazing underwater world to the aquarist, they need to provide comfortable conditions of detention. At the same time, they should feel safe and not be constrained in their movements.
Preliminary preparation before the acquisition of small fish
If you have never had an aquarium and no experience of keeping fish, then it is best to start fish that need minimal care and are not very demanding to the conditions of existence. This will avoid the death of your fish, as well as gain experience and knowledge in the content of the aquarium.
Many tropical fish require the maintenance of a certain water quality (hardness, acidity, temperature, etc.), the presence or absence of plants, a certain brightness of the light or its absence.
For unpretentious fish, the range of comfortable conditions is much wider, which allows them to be kept in a lower-quality environment. They are also less susceptible to negative factors (improper feeding, delayed water changes, etc.).
There are several determining factors when choosing a fish:
- aquarium size;
- selection and compatibility of different types of fish;
- the size and temperament of the fish.
If you already have an aquarium, you need to determine what and how many fish you can fit into it. This will avoid overpopulation, which leads to unnecessary fights, oxygen starvation, eating predators of peace-loving fish.
If you have enough space and money to install an aquarium of any acceptable size, as well as the necessary equipment to ensure the life of the fish, you can proceed to the next heading of this article.
If you are cramped in something, then you need to define your desires, given that small aquariums are much more difficult to maintain than large ones, but the latter require more time for maintenance. For example, a 100-liter aquarium will suit a novice aquarist better than a 50-liter aquarium.
A large aquarium is simpler and better kept for several reasons:
1. Water temperature and quality are more stable.
2. The impact of adverse factors on the fish takes longer, which gives the novice aquarist the opportunity to influence them in a timely manner. For example, in winter time, the water heater broke, the cooling process is slower and you can manage to get off and buy a new one before the fish get cold. Or ampularia died from old age in the thickets of a small aquarium, the water became dull, the smell appeared, fish began to die. In a large aquarium, this process will occur many times slower and you can remove the dead snail from the can without harming the fish.
3. In small aquariums there is little space for free swimming, and, accordingly, not every favorite decor can be placed in it.
4. Ample opportunities for design and decoration.
5. A large aquarium can hold a lot of large fish or a large number of small ones, it allows you to contain various types of fish.
With all the advantages of large aquariums, it is sometimes not possible to install it. Small aquariums are great for apartments, country houses or hostels, as well as for the second floors of private houses. Large aquariums weigh a lot, they are difficult to transport, take up more space, and in unforeseen circumstances cause more damage.The biggest advantage of a small aquarium is a financial issue. Aquarium, equipment, scenery, soil, plants, the cost of electricity, the treatment of fish cost much less.
Before acquiring you need to properly assess the benefits of both large and small aquariums. Answer yourself the question: "How much aquarium would you like and is there a possibility to contain such a volume?" If finances are not important, and you do not often move, then the choice is obvious. And if you do not want or can not afford a large aquarium, then a small aquarium is what you need for you. In any case, the main thing - comfortable conditions for the maintenance of fish.
Selection and compatibility of different types of fish
In order to determine which fish you like, just read the literature, watch videos, go to a pet shop or to the bird market. Make a list of the types you like most.
This list should be a little more than you will purchase. Subsequently, it turns out that not all fish are suitable for your aquarium, some are incompatible with each other, parameters or temperature conditions will not work for others. But the abundance of species in the fish market will allow you to finally form a list of the inhabitants of your aquarium.
To understand how roomy a settled aquarium is, you need to carry out simple calculations. In various information sources they vary. Some are based on the oxygen demand of adult fish, given the surface area of the water. Some cold-loving freshwater fish require 192 cm2 and tropical ones 64 cm2.Other calculations averaged justify - one liter of water is needed per cm of body length of an adult individual (for example, you can run five fish of 4 cm each in a 20 l aquarium)
For a marine aquarium, for each fish 2.5 cm long at least six months old, 18 liters of water are needed, and for later age 9 liters.
Some fish species share the size of the aquarium geographically and protect their habitat from other representatives. This leads to a decrease in the number of inhabitants in it.
At the simultaneous maintenance of different species need to pay attention to even the acquisition of fish. The key to a good selection of pets for an aquarium is the following conditions:
- similarity of climatic conditions (it is impossible to combine freshwater and saltwater fish, freshwater and brackish water bodies);
- about the same hardness and acidity of water;
- the same temperature;
- similar conditions on the speed of flow, soil quality, the presence of thickets and shelters, lighting.
When settling an aquarium, it is necessary to take into account the preferences of the species in relation to their location in the layers of the water column, and try to evenly distribute them.
The size and temperament of the fish matter
Important parameters for species compatibility are their size and temperament. Of course, it is impossible to contain predators and herbivores in one aquarium, otherwise the latter will become food. In the wild, larger fish eat smaller ones.
Even if you only have herbivorous fish, you need to check that the size of the smallest fish is larger than the largest mouth opening of the fish in the aquarium. This will avoid unnecessary casualties.
Certain fish are territorial and do not let other species close to their habitat. There can be many reasons:
- suitable food supply,
- the spawning ground arrangement (the couple who carry out the treasure jealously guard the nest),
- the presence of water turbulence with optimal temperature parameters, etc.
Differences in species manifested in modes and methods of feeding. For example, somobraznye eat food from the bottom, petsliiliformnye - from the surface. Some kind of fast and agile, and some - slow and unhurried. Fish require different food, and if you do not like it, it is better to choose pets with the same way of feeding. If you do not follow the feeding regime, then some species will be hungry and others will be overfed, which will lead to a reduction in the life span of all inhabitants.
Often, fish are acquired that have not reached puberty, which leads to incorrect judgments about their temperament. Therefore, in order to fully determine whether this fish suits you, it must grow and be in comfortable conditions. Of course, if any representative is unnaturally pugnacious, cuts off fins or clogs other fish, it should be isolated.
Fish, the most suitable for beginners
This topic is hot and is discussed in many forums. There are many types of fish that require minimal maintenance. This allows you to choose the most suitable pets for each novice aquarist both in a variety of colors and in size. The aquarium can be equipped with beautiful relief and plants, and originality will give a contrast to the color of the fish.
Very often, beginners choose viviparous fish such as swordtails, plazii, guppies, mollies, etc. And this is an excellent choice. They have a good survival rate, are easy to maintain, are active, have a long lifespan and do not require strict conditions of detention.
There are some types that are ideal for beginners.
Guppy - fishes of the Petsiliev family, with a peace-loving character, calm and unhurried in behavior. Coloring is very diverse and beautiful. To the composition of the water does not impose requirements. Periodically you need to change the water. Viviparous Easily distinguished by sex. Males are much smaller, more beautiful and brighter. Omnivores. Overfeeding is not recommended. Easily tolerate a decrease in water temperature to 15 ° C.
Swordtails - Family Peziliye. Have more than 25 decorative varieties. In the male, the tail fin has the shape of a sword. Very beautiful fish that does not require special conditions and specific size of the aquarium. Viviparous, easily reproduce. When the fry appear, the parents should be moved to a free container to avoid eating the children.
Gourami - mobile fish, differing in an interesting spotty color, are curious. To other species of fish and inhabitants are tolerant. They can breathe not only air dissolved in water, but also oxygen directly on the surface. Black out.
Somics different external originality. Unpretentious, peaceful, eat any food from the bottom. Clean up the remnants of food uneaten by other inhabitants. Orderlies aquarium. Prefer bottom-living and easy to get along with other species.
Neon - Representatives of the Kharatsin, there are more than 150 species of fish. The most common among beginners are red and blue. The content is simple, undemanding to water. They love the space, the length of the aquarium should be at least 50 cm. Excellent jumpers, so you need to cover the surface of the water with glass or a lid.
Danio - schooling, bright, beautiful fish. Aquarium is needed with a length of at least 55 cm. Very mobile and like space. Requires regular water changes and good aeration. Great jumpers, so you need an aquarium with a lid or glass. Prefer good lighting and clear, clean water.
Barbusses - schooling fish. There is a huge variety of species (more than 200). In the schooling content of peace. Very active. It is not recommended to keep them with fish, the tail of which has thread-like or voile forms. They love floating plants.
gold fish - representative of the carp family. It is very popular, but it requires a large volume of aquarium (per adult of at least 35 liters of water). Prefers clear, clean water and requires its regular substitution. Very voracious, so you need to be careful with feeding. Prone to overeating.
Antsitrus - somobrazny, herbivore. Very good orderly, nibbles small shoots from the glasses of the aquarium. The oral opening resembles a suction cup. Males are distinguished by a large number of whiskers. Peaceful. It is recommended to feed tabletized plant spirulina.
Presents the most common, unpretentious, do not require special care fish that are suitable for beginners.But this does not mean that they do not need to be watched, to know their preferences, the temperature of the water, etc.
Tips from personal experience
- When buying, it is better to purchase young and healthy fish (active, without external signs of disease).
- Before launching into the aquarium, it is better to stand for 3-5 days in a separate container.
- Buy better for 5-10 pieces, it will avoid same-sex.
- You need to choose 2-3 kinds of fish. 1-2 basic, third extra. For example, mollies and gourami as the main species, and ancytrus as an additional. The first two types are active, mobile, well contrasted, and ancytrusians will be orderlies.
- It is best to buy aquarium, equipment and fish in a bird market from one seller. He will remember you, and you can take his phone number without any problems and consult on unclear questions.
What you need to get a fish? And how difficult is it to take care of them?
It is better to immediately buy an aquarium of at least 100 liters - the larger the volume, the easier and faster it will establish biological balance, which in the future will be easier to maintain. Soil needed. You need to boil it before pouring it into a washed aquarium (the stench will be terrible, but what to do!) Or bake it in the oven (I don’t know about the stench, did not try it myself), cool it and pour it into the aquarium. Plants are needed - real or artificial. This is up to you. Won in pet stores everywhere artificial - and normal. Just then the fish will have nothing to devour. Be sure to filter the water, air pump (especially if the plants claim.), A thermometer for water, water heater to the desired temperature, lighting. You can buy all sorts of jewelry for an aquarium such as the ruins of a castle or a sunken ship, where the fish can hide. Water can be poured directly from the tap, just let it stand for a day. We must put a sheet of paper, so as not to raise turbidity. We plant plants. These still recommend to plant not in the ground, but in pots - it is easier to care for and change the interior. And leave the aquarium for several days - until the water becomes ABSOLUTELY transparent. This means that biological balance has been established there. Now you can run the fish. This is a separate song, about the intricacies you can talk specifically. Yes, the aquarium should be covered with glass so that the water does not evaporate quickly and the dust does not settle. Everything, the main thing is done. Now you just have to top up the settled water when the water in the aquarium evaporates by a third - that is, we add a third. Feed the fish - dry food or live. This is also up to you. From living there is less dirt, but it is disgusting (in my opinion) and it is difficult to keep it for a long time, and you should often buy new fresh ones. From dry, some are allergic. By the way, many cores aquarium in the room where they sleep, is contraindicated - the pressure rises and also goes like an allergy. Yes, feed also needs a feeder. Sometimes you have to clean the front glass, it is overgrown with algae, but this is rarely, with a cotton swab or a bandage. In general, the aquarium is a thrill, no TV is needed! Highly recommend! Have questions, please contact.
First of all, a fully equipped aquarium (the aquarium itself, light, filter, etc.)
The fish themselves are chosen in such a way that they do not eat each other.
And patience every week to wash the aquarium.
Care must be sure otherwise this thing stinks so, and with care it stinks anyway. The most important thing is that there were no allergies!
It all depends on what kind of fish and how much you want. You buy an aquarium. Film with a landscape. stocking up on pebbles. Desirable multi-colored. Right to buy a lock or chest. They need to swim somewhere. Feed them specials. feed.
Desire + money. Aquarium in liters = cost in dollars. Plus fish.
Another tip. If you do not want problems with the aquarium - do not take a small amount. Consider from 150 liters. Care less - the greater the volume.
Good luck! If that - write. Itself once began only with desire and without knowledge absolutely.
First of all, a fully equipped aquarium (aquarium, light, filter). If you do not want problems with the aquarium - do not take a small volume (from 100 liters). Care is less - the greater the volume, the fish chosen for the beginning can be guppies, gurammas, swordtails (not whimsical, viviparous, easy to care for).
Food for fish.
Well, in general, everything, the main thing is not to be afraid to start, after a while you can move on to more complex types. But the main thing is to look through the literature ...
it is not true that the aquarium wags. if only a crocodile lives there and there is fresh meat. wash the aquarium is not necessary. the fish die quickly. it should only be cleaned with a special brush and filter for cleaning. buy a small aquarium, fill the ground with a little algae and buy gupeys, they themselves are not picky and viviparous fish. if the aquarium does not require much care. just do not take the multi-faceted fish there more often get sick! feed don't forget
The topic is quite extensive, and not a single answer will contain the necessary basic knowledge. Read a couple of books on aquaristics, and you will reduce the number of problems that you may encounter. Don't be afraid, everything is not so scary. If you are interested, everything will turn out. Care is not difficult if in aqua everything is normal. And the norm depends largely on you. Plant Aqua Good luck.
What you need to have an aquarium with fish?
Little information about the aquarium. You need to run live bacteria into aquas (buy at a pet store or add water from running aquas), and in 3-4 days you can run a test pair of fish. If everything is okay after a week, then it is possible to start the rest in batches.
I hope you have equipped first akvas (soil, plants) before you poured water? . It usually takes from two to four weeks for the aquarium and its biological filter to "mature", that is, for a sufficient population to develop there.
participating in the nitrogen cycle.
if you have a lot of fish, well, a big aquarium. if small, then small. no water drops ... first wash the aquarium, then pour water from the tap, let it infuse for about 3 hours. then run the fish. Immediately feed them, do not throw, wait, let them get used to it. wait for about a day, then throw. if you take good care of them, they will soon get used to it.
I want to make fish, what do you need for this? what are the reasons, etc.? plizz
Read the forums ... It would help me a lot ... many would have remained alive = (
From presendal: bank, cover, lamp, filter, compressor, soil, plants (I advise you are alive, but this is a personal matter), thermostat, thermometer, siphon come in handy, a net (many people forget about it =))), scenery, water and fish snails, crabs, crabs ... what do you want there))
The first day:
1. Clean the surfaces of the aquarium with soda or other non-toxic detergent. Do not wash the aquarium with household detergents, since even the smallest residues can greatly harm the aquarium population in the future.
2. Install the aquarium on the stand, install the cover and turn on the aquarium lamps to ensure that they work. You only need lighting after 10 days, but you need to make sure in the work of electrical equipment in advance. In addition, you need the light for laying the ground and forming the design of the aquarium.
3. Check the thermostat, the compressor and the rest of the equipment for operability as advised by the manufacturers of these devices.
4. If you are using a bottom heater - place it on the bottom of the aquarium as required by the manufacturer of the heater. Most often, such a heater is placed in a spiral so that the input and output of the wire is in one corner of the aquarium.
5. Cover the ground evenly. If you want to use live plants in an aquarium, the ground level should not be less than 3-4 cm. (1.5 inches)
6. Install the stones and snags. If the weight of the decorations is substantial and / or the edges of the decorations are sharp, then thin foam pads should be placed under them, otherwise they may damage the glass of the aquariums.
7. Install the thermostat. But if you use a bottom heater, you should take care of a spare thermostat.
8. Install and decorate the filters and tubes of the air compressor.
9. Install a thermometer.
10. Fill the aquarium with cold water. To prevent soil erosion, put a saucer on the bottom of the aquarium and pour water on it with a not too strong stream. If you use the flank to fill the water, the shower nozzle will not be superfluous. Experience shows that for a faster start of the aquarium, you can use aquarium water, and the best accelerator here will be the filler of the “old” filter placed in a new one. If you are familiar with the favorable conditions in the aquarium, then ask him for water from the aquarium and / or filter media. The more it is, the better. But if you doubt the goodness of the water, it is better to use 100% tap water. You can add special conditioners to improve water quality, but do not think that they will quickly prepare the water. Air conditioners will bind harmful substances and heavy metals, but they will not populate your aquarium with the necessary bacteria in the required quantity.
11. Turn on the filter at medium power, turn on the compressor and thermostat. Set the thermostat to the temperature at which your pets should live. In most cases, it is 24C - 26C (75F -78F).
12. Do not turn on the light!
13. Do not plant plants, mollusks and fish in any case!
1. Perhaps the water in the aquarium will be muddy. Do not take any action.
2. Plant simple, unpretentious plants (Rogovits, nayas, ambulia, valisneria, riccia, hygrophilous, floating plants).
1. Turn on half the bulbs for 9-10 hours a day
2. If the filter capacity has dropped significantly - wash it with aquarium water (but not in the aquarium!).
3. Let go some unpretentious fish. (Viviparous, except mollies, danios-rerio, cardinal, blue gourami, macropods, catfish corridors).
4. Watch the fish carefully and do not feed it.
1. You can start feeding the fish.
look through that forum, but don't be scared ... there really exaggerates a lot in fact ... especially in the business with the name "new aquarium", but the advice is good! =)
Good luck to you and your fish to grow big and healthy !; -)
1. It is better to start with a medium-sized aquarium at 30 liters.
2. Soil to your taste (boil required),
3. water purchased (regular purchase) or from the tap. Water must necessarily settle at least a day.
4. Filter for water. (must be installed immediately after the water inlet.)
5. "oxygen air"
7. Well, now the first fishes are undoubtedly guppies. (well then it is possible and to add others, most unpretentious)
Buy specials literature. I speak from experience on the Internet half of the information is complete nonsense.
Good luck in keeping the fish))))
here's another reference to a similar question - //otvet.mail.ru/question/21505798/
I can say better Guppy. They do not require special care. I can still tell from my experience if it is for fish to buy all sorts of expensive algae of various colors, then for them it is very harmful, while still in no way buying them all artificial food, shells, pebbles, and especially food is not necessary for them buy too branded food, all thermometers are checked by me, because once I have them from these personal belongings, they died, I was sorry because everything was very expensive for them
Ek @ terin @
not true. The larger the aquarium, the simpler it is. Fish can be loved, if only not sea, but decorative. Thermometer, filter, compressor, thermostat-NEED! the filter and compressor cleans the water and gives the fish oxygen, the temometer is a clear stump, shows the water temperature, and on the thermostat you need to select a temperature that is beneficial for the fish. And the food is more expensive, since it is better, but of course it is sometimes desirable to give live food, such as bloodworms. And now I buy dry fodder exclusively TETRA, since my small fish get sick from cheap food and sometimes even die and are not fed up with it, as a result of which they eat algae, and then their relatives.
Aquarium in the house - where to start?
Before we talk about the rules of care for an aquarium, it is useful to understand what it is for. Most people keep it for beauty. Many have a rest, admiring the change of pictures behind the glass bank. Someone keeps him in the apartment to humidify the air. Just listed is enough for the aquarium to take place in our home.
The main thing, probably, lies in the fact that caring for an aquarium opens up for many children the path to knowledge in science, where fish faithfully serve medicine, biology, and fisheries. An experienced aquarist will always find application in this industry. It is also very important that the aquarium is a model of the terrestrial biosphere. So, in your house decided to start fish. Where to start? With a choice of aquarium, of course. They are glass, prefabricated (metal frame, glass walls) and plastic. The first are good because they are always at hand: any jar can be turned into an aquarium. It is better to take rectangular cans. Round and spherical distort the shape of its inhabitants. In addition, glass aquariums have a small volume. They can not show all the variety of colors of the water world because of the relatively small number of inhabitants, which is provided by larger prefabricated aquariums.
But do not strive to acquire a very large aquarium - more than 10 buckets. In the event of a leak, you can flood your own and neighboring housing. It is accepted to divide prefab aquariums into very thin - “pictures”, a little thicker - “screens” and usual ones with a ratio of width to depth approximately one to one, and two to one lengths to them. Plastic aquariums for the constant maintenance of fish are uncomfortable: plastic quickly loses its transparency. They are only good for transporting fish.
Choosing an aquarium, do not forget to get the necessary equipment: nets, a rubber hose for making siphons, a water thermometer, a basin, a bucket, banks of different sizes for storing feed and temporary keeping of fish, a reflector for lighting and heating water with a lamp not exceeding 10 watts for every 10 liters of volume. To hurry with the acquisition of more complex equipment: thermostats, filters, aerators - novice aquarist should not. Over time, having gained experience and knowledge, everyone will decide how much, when and what new devices and automatons should be installed.
At home, you need to choose a place for an aquarium, then proceed to the preparatory work on its settlement with plants, clams and fish. First of all, check whether the acquired or made aquarium is flowing. Fill it with tap water to the brim. If everything is in order, you can do the washing of the aquarium. Putty and glass in a new fish house may contain harmful substances. They are removed during the week, daily replacing tap water. Water from local water bodies can only be used after pasteurization: two to three times heating to 80–90 degrees, in order not to introduce pathogens or parasites into the aquarium. Last time, wash it with soap and rinse well.
The next stage is laying the ground. It is made of well-washed sand or pebbles. The soil should be 4 to 5 centimeters thick. Pebbles can be put on its surface, better dark, to create a resemblance to a natural bottom. Now you can purchase plants. They are bottom and floating on the surface or in the water column. First landing is best done before filling the aquarium with water. Large dark green plants should be planted in the corners and along the back wall, light - in its center, and along the front glass - plants with beautiful patterned leaves. When planting it is important to ensure that the roots in the ground are properly located. After planting is completed, the aquarium is filled with settling tap water. She is defended for five days to get rid of chlorine. A few days later, when the bottom plants take root, you can put floating species into the aquarium and start up clams.
By this time, the aquarium comes to life. It forms the complex world of bacteria, the smallest algae, fungi and protozoa. Plants, releasing oxygen into the water, created favorable conditions for them. Such an aquarium is ready to meet fish or other large aquatic animals. Aquarists contain not only fish, they have shrimps, turtles and other exotic inhabitants of the waters.
Those who take the first steps in the creation of an aquarium should begin with the most undemanding inhabitants: with cold-water goldfish or some viviparous, such as guppies.
Novice aquarists often do not know the rules for selecting fish for living together. Remember that you should not keep together cold-water and warm-water fish, predatory and peaceful, large and very small. The density of the inhabitants of the aquarium should be optimal. When determining it, we recommend focusing on the following indicators. When keeping cold-water fish and very large heat-loving ones, take two liters of water for every centimeter of body length. The rest of the fish need to allocate at least a liter.
What is a healthy aquarium? This is clear water, bright greens, joyful behavior of the fish. He over the years does not need a complete change of water. In cold-water fish (they are big muddy) need to be cleaned once a week. In warm-water - once or twice a month. Cleaning begins with cleaning the glass of bacterial algal plaque. Then remove dead and excess plant sprigs (in the event that there are too many). In a well-lit aquarium, they can take up to half the volume of water. After completing these operations, siphon is removed from the bottom of the sludge, dirt, remnants of food. Purify water is added to a clean aquarium to the level of the previous level.
For warm-water fish, the constancy of the temperature regime is very important: temperature fluctuations during the day should not be allowed more than one degree. Although, of course, you can gradually accustom these fish to life at unusual temperatures (16 - 18 degrees), but it is still better to maintain 23 - 26 degrees in an aquarium - their living conditions in their native waters.
Very important for the normal health of pets has them proper feeding. Feed the fish should be once or twice a day. Leftovers after 10 - 15 minutes must be removed. They pollute the environment and contribute to the appearance of putrefactive bacteria in the aquarium. If there are signs of deterioration of water, it is necessary to make a thorough cleaning, replacing up to half the volume of water in the aquarium. If this does not help, catch fish, take out plants, rinse both them and the ground. In short, start over.
For feeding use dry, live, granulated factory feed. Try to feed the fish last, gradually adding live food. Best of all, he was homemade.
I want to get the fish where to start. What kind of water to fill in the aquarium
"first you need to buy an aquarium and wash it for a week", but why :)? To extend the fun launch of the aquarium :)
ANDREY ANDREYEV, as I understand the most banks yet, then I will begin:
1. Better to buy an aquarium of at least 50 liters
2. Next, you will need to buy a filter (but better, of course, a pump with a sponge): so that the water in the water mixes, and it is necessary so that the temperature in all water layers is the same, as well as to saturate the water with oxygen, also on the pump sponge beneficial bacteria accumulate (so now you understand that this equipment is mandatory for an aquarium !!)
3. Thermometer: so that you always know what the temperature of the water in the aquarium
4. Thermo heater: necessary to raise the temperature of the water in the aquarium (but you can not buy it if you have a temperature in the room where the aquarium will stand, the temperature does not fall below 24 degrees)
5.lamps (I have energy saving with a temperature range of 4200K (this spectrum is well suited for living plants)), lamps are necessary for living plants, if artificial plants are planned, then you can take with a temperature spectrum of 6400K (under this spectrum, the fish look beautiful)
6.Grunt: it is best to buy the soil with a fraction of 2-3 mm. A layer of soil is better so that there is at least 3-4 cm, then let's talk about launching the aquarium:
1. Place the substrate under the aquarium at the place where the aquas will stand (you can make the substrate of foam)
2. wash the aquarium with warm water and a sponge
3. wash the purchased soil in the bucket (so that there is no dirt left in the soil), you can boil it (but I did not do it)
4. we fill in water from the tap to half akvas
5.Fill soil (washed in a bucket) in the aquarium
6. install the equipment (pump with a sponge, thermometer, thermal heater (if necessary)), turn on all this equipment after you have completed step 8
7. Set the scenery
8. fill the water to the end
9. The next day we plant live plants in the ground.
10. Turn on the lamps (the lamps must be switched on at least 9 hours a day, but for the first time no more than 4-5 hours, otherwise we can’t avoid algae)
11.day after 4 you can run 2 somics (preferably corridors, resistant somiki ... checked by me :))
12. A few days after launch, the water will cloud, so do not worry, after a while the water will become clear.
13. 2 weeks later you can run any fish you want (well, of course those that are suitable for your volume)
Attention!! ! Immediately start a lot of fish should not be (fraught with a bacterial outbreak, and therefore the death of your population in aquas)
Then talk about the care of aquas:
1. We do not change the water in the first month after the launch of the aquarium at all (do not change the month !!!)
2. After that, it will be necessary to change the water once a week at 20-30%
3.After you run the fish in the aquarium they should not be fed for 2 days (this is due to the fact that the fish must adapt to your aquas)
4. further it is best to feed the fish (young 2 times a day, adults once a day), and arrange a discharge day once a week (i.e., not feed at all once a week)
5. Also, as long as you still have not grown plants, it is necessary to siphon the soil (once a week) in places where the plants are not planted.
6. clean the glass as needed (you can clean it with a scraper, or you can do it yourself as described on the site //www.aqa.ru/forum/vt171728)
"2. After this, it will be necessary to change the water once a week at 20-30%" - at this point I forgot to write that the water must be defended for at least 9 hours (it is necessary for chlorine to disappear from the water), (I do so : I pour water into a bucket (10 liters) and leave the water to stand overnight, then pour water from the aqua (hose) into another (empty) water bucket, then pour (with a bucket :)) waste water into the aquas)
Well, for the care of aquas I kinda wrote everything :)
Good luck in the aquarium!
Buy an aquarium, filter or compressor, thermometer - to measure the temperature in the aquarium, the water heater - to maintain a certain temperature in the aquarium - from 20-26 degrees, each fish needs its own temperature, the optimum is 24.Water defended. Then buy soil, plants and fish compatible between by myself.
11 quick tips for a novice aquarist
If you have recently taken a great interest in aquariums and decided to create a small piece of wildlife in your home and put your first aquarium - this article is for you. In it, I tried to give a few basic tips that you will need when starting your first aquarium.
1) Do not immediately buy a small aquarium, take at least 60-80 liter, if, of course, at home there is a place for it. Larger aquariums are more resistant to temperature and chemical changes. Recently, the trend is for nano aquariums (aquariums up to 20 liters), but it is better to start with a larger aquarium.
2) Wash the filtering elements of your filter only in aquarium water (not in the aquarium itself), for example, in a bucket or basin, this will allow you to save those bacterial colonies that in turn help you in the fight against ammonia and nitrite. Tap water can kill them, which for some time will disrupt the biological work of your filter.
3) Do not forget and do not be lazy to replace every week 20-25% of water, this will allow you to fight with nitrates in your aquarium. And remember that you should not, as 80% of people in our country thought, pour out all the water once a year and boil the soil, it’s enough to replace 20-25% of the water with fresh water, which will ensure a long and happy life of your aquarium.
4) Do not overfeed fish, it is very important. Firstly, overfeeding harms the fish itself (here you can look at people, overeating was not good for anyone), and secondly, the food that was not eaten starts to rot in the aquarium (the smell of the swamp), which significantly spoils the water quality.
5) Always check the compatibility of the purchased fish. You must admit that nobody saw an open-air cage with wolves, penguins and rabbits living together in a zoo. In the aquarium just as well.
6) Do not release a new fish from the bag or bottle directly into the aquarium, first place this bag in the water to even out the temperature, then add 50-100 ml of water from the aquarium into the bag, the bottle - this is done in order to level the parameters water. It is better to do this alignment within 20-30 minutes, no less.
7) Before buying fish, inspect it very carefully for damage, cloudiness, sores and other abnormal condition.
8) Use the quarantine aquarium for newly arrived fish, this will help to keep the fish that you already have. The question is especially acute when the fish is not cheap, and in any case, the fish after some time become full members of the family and we, aquarists, need to take care of their health. So just in case keep a quarantine aquarium where you can watch a new fish for a couple of weeks for its health.
9) Run the aquarium consistently, so as not to overload the filtration system. The filtration system as a human body, if it is trained gradually, it will give a greater result than if you immediately give a greater load. Colonies of bacteria develop gradually with increasing load, so do not immediately run all the fish that you have identified yourself.
10) Do not believe the rule of 1 cm fish = 1 liter of water, who invented it and when, but this rule is not entirely correct.
11) Do not get carried away using chemicals, especially if you do not fully understand their effects and the consequences of their use.
It is worth remembering that the path to success in aquarism is through scooping up new and new information through books, magazines, forums and aquarium portals that help us to succeed in our hobby.
Modern aquariums are assembled on silicone, so that they are fully ready for work and do not need to be washed. Install an aquarium with the necessary equipment, fill it with water, turn on the aerator, heater, filter. When the water warms up, you can land the plants. Let the aquarium work without fish for two weeks. And only then you can run the fish.