Aquarium fish. Description of types of aquarium fish
Aquarium fish - DESCRIPTION
For many, aquarium fish are very often the favorite pets. Their names are very diverse and amazing. Many of them speak for themselves, but the beginning amateur has not even heard about most types of aquarium fish. It is amazing to watch these bright multi-colored creatures. Psychologists say that after a short period of time observing aquarium fish, a person regains mental balance, stress passes, blood pressure returns to normal.
The carp fish family, among which such species of aquarium fish as the goldfish, barbus, danios, can rightly be considered the most common in modern aquarism. The next most popular family of fish - Persian. The sword-bearer, guppy, petilia
and mollies - these types of fish became the first experience for many aquarium lovers. Also, somiki success. A lot of interest are the types of fighting and antsistrusy. The popularity of such a family of fish as the Cichlids-Predators is constantly growing. Many species of fish of this family, such as discus, astronotus, tsikhlazomy and chromis, are now very widespread.
Do not forget about other families of fish, for example, Labyrinths with their beautiful representatives - liliusi and macropods. Fish are representatives of the class of vertebrate animals, their habitat are fresh and saline waters. This ancient group, according to some scientists, exists on the planet for more than 430 million years. There are practically no reservoirs on Earth in which certain species of fish would not live.
It affects not only their great diversity, but also the ability to adapt to different conditions. Exotic fish that are kept in aquariums often have a very interesting body shape, small size and beautiful color. As a rule, they are thermophilic and feel comfortable at a temperature of at least 19-21 degrees, however, some species withstand even lower temperature.
Look often for the general condition of the inhabitants of the aquarium world. Look, whether aquarium fish are sick, whether their behavior is normal, whether there are different types of growths, bruises, wounds on them. All unnecessary items immediately need to be removed from the aquarium, suspicious fish should be deposited in a separate aquarium, especially carefully monitor them, try to find out the reasons for their abnormality and, if possible, identify any symptoms of diseases
Under the aquarium fish, there are fish that can be maintained at home and for which there is a demand among aquarists. Aquarium fish in stores sell a huge variety and it is not surprising that many novice aquarists get confused and take the wrong aquarium fish. This leads to problems.
And so to say the advice on the track - trust only trusted aquarium shops, read more yourself and listen to less sellers. Before you buy anything, find out whether the store has specialized in aquarium fish for a long time, and whether complex types of fish are on sale. But if the place to buy fish is doubtful, just hold that purchased fish are 2-3 weeks in a separate aquarium to observe and clarify the issue of their health.
ALL ABOUT AQUARIUM FISH
Aquarium fish - ornamental fish, which are kept in aquariums. The first mention of the artificial breeding of fish in China is dated 1500 BC. e. For most of the aquarium fish is characterized by a bright decorative color, fancy body shape and small size. Goldfish are considered the most popular aquarium fish.
The popular aquarium fish also include: danios, anscistrus, barbs, angelfish, catfish, neons, nanostomuses, labo, discus, guppy, etc.
Maintenance and nutrition of aquarium fish.
Usually in aquariums may contain several species of fish. Here you need to very competently approach the combination of various species in the aquarium.
It is necessary to take into account the compatibility of the color of aquarium fish, the proximity of the conditions of detention, the similarity of behavior.
Pay attention to the presence of oxygen in the aquarium (with its lack of fish rise to the surface and swallow bubbles of water).
Very important is the temperature of the water (if the water is too cold the fish will be lethargic, if too high - they will be thrown vertically around the aquarium).
Lighting is also very important for fish - the light day for fish should last 10-12 hours, so do not forget to take care of purchasing a lamp that corresponds to the volume of your tank.
To eat aquarium fish should be diverse, full and correct. Usually, fish are fed 2 or 1 time per day, usually 1 hour before and after switching on the light.
It is also useful to arrange a so-called hungry day 1 time a week - then the probability of obesity in fish is reduced.
It is very important not to overfeed the fish, as food remains, not eaten and trapped in the soil, rot, which leads to turbidity of water, and therefore the disease of fish.
Aquarium fish - Species and subspecies
There is a huge variety of species and subspecies, families, genera, orders and sub-orders of aquarium fish.
This information is mainly used by experienced breeders and razvodchiki fish. We will consider the families and types of fish that are most common in home aquariums.
The carp family is considered to be the most popular aquarium fish, among them such species of fish as the barbus, goldfish, danios.
The second most famous is the family of kartozubyh fishes. This includes such species of fish as the swordtails, guppies, mollies, petilia.
Various catfish are very famous, among them antsistrusy, fighting are especially known. Next in popularity are the cichlids family, for example, such fish species as scalar, chromis, discus and tsikhlazomy.
Also, a significant part of aquarists prefer labyrinth families of fish, such as cockerels, lyalius and macropads.
The main types of aquarium fish
These are calving and viviparous fishes. Breeding aquarium fish are those fish that spawn in the ground or on plants, and then fry appear from it.
And viviparous aquarium fish are fish that immediately produce fry, which can do without the help of parents. It should also be noted that among the aquarium fish there are predatory fish that feed on smaller fish than themselves.
Aquarium Fish Decoration Aquarium
Stones, soil, plants, snags and other attributes - is a prerequisite for the normal maintenance of aquarium fish. For us, it is clear - this is an ordinary decoration. But do not forget, in this "bank" you should not swim, so take care of its inhabitants) Try to create conditions in your underwater garden that will maximally remind its inhabitants of natural conditions, so that no one will feel discomfort.
I’ll say right away that it will take a lot of effort and precious time, but believe me, this is worth it. You want the fish to live happily and happily? I think you want. Soil for the aquarium should be selected carefully. I will not cover this topic now, for this I will dedicate a whole post. You better subscribe to blog updates to not miss interesting articles.
In general, the aquariums are now decorated as they want: they put huge rocks, like rocks, on the bottom; strewn the bottom with moss; stones of various shapes are laid, a special decorative film with and without drawings is glued to the back wall of the aquarium. In general, the mass of options. However, this is not what I have to sculpt into my tank. Think what you like best, show imagination and you will succeed in everything, the main thing is desire.
But with all this, remember, no matter how you want to embellish your underwater garden, choose exactly those decorations that will be useful to the inhabitants. And for this you should already know who you should live and know their habitat conditions in nature.
Oh, here it is. Before you put something new in the aquarium, do not forget to sanitize it. If these are stones and driftwood, boil them, just rinse and clean thoroughly, as not all the filth is killed with boiling water. After that, some experienced aquarists advise disinfection in manganese, and some even dilute the solution using Levomycetin. We usually drink it, if we have cultural diarrhea, it is better to protect ourselves than to run an aquarium in a new way, in which you have threatened a lot of energy, money and time. So, with this decided, proceed to the next step.
If you decide to purchase fish for an aquarium, this information will help you, as a beginner aquarist, in caring for your pets and your hobby will only bring joy.
Aquarium fish CONTENT AND CARE
For aquarium fish to be healthy, they need clean water, food, and, of course, attention. A variety of decorative little things, such as corals, sunken ships or shells are just an ornament, but not a necessity.
The most important thing in care and maintenance is the replacement of water in due time. The main cause of diseases aquarium fish - dirty or substandard water. When your pets have a bad appetite or they are pressed to the bottom, these are clear signals that it’s time to change the water. The water that you will add must be at the same temperature as the aquarium one. It is also necessary that the hardness of the topped-up water be the same as the aquarium one. The same applies to acidity.
For better water use aquarium filter. But also do not forget that the filter itself needs timely purification from contamination. To improve the quality of water and its chemical components, you can purchase additives or beneficial bacteria. But be sure to consult before buying a seller in the store.
The most important thing in feeding aquarium fish is that they should not be overfed. This will advise you in any store. Since the fish are cold-blooded, they need a lot less food than we do. Consequently, it is simply necessary to feed them regularly and in no case should one throw any excess food into the water, since nobody will eat it, and the remnants of food will only pollute the water. Fry feed twice a day, adult aquarium fish less often.
Having bought the fish for the aquarium, first hold them apart from the others, as they say "quarantined", in order to find out that they do not get sick and, therefore, are not a danger to the rest of the inhabitants of the aquarium.
No need to catch aquarium fish with your hands, use the landing net designed for this. Since your pets will be under severe stress, it’s also easy for them to damage the mucosa.
It is also necessary to have a temperature-controlled heater and aquarium lighting. For night time, choose a dim light for a comfortable and not abrupt transition to darkness so that aquarium fish can “go to bed”.
Do not forget about the necessary thing - the ground, it maintains the biological balance and many inhabitants of the aquarium simply adore it. Also, the soil is used for the reproduction of beneficial bacteria and is necessary for aquarium plants.
One of the important rules - the fish for the aquarium should be grouped only so that they can get along with each other. That is, predatory fish must be strictly with the same predatory, schooling flocks contain, and pair - in pairs.
If you want to learn more about the fish for the aquarium, visit the fish heading.
I hope these tips will provide you with invaluable assistance in the care of these wonderful inhabitants, bringing us peace and tranquility.
How much to feed the fish?
I would say that the majority of aquarists feed their fish correctly, but too often they have to see how over-feeding turns the jar into a foul-smelling swamp or fish that is so overwhelmed that they forget how to swim.
And it is easy to understand why this is happening. There is no specific standard, and feeding fish may not be an easy task for a beginner. The fact is that with the fish, we most interact during feeding. And so you want to feed them a little bit more.
And a novice aquarist feeds the fish, every time he sees that they are lonely asking for feed from the front glass. And most of the fish will ask for food even when they are about to burst (this applies especially to cichlids), and it is so hard to understand when it is already enough.
And yet - how often do you need and how many times to feed aquarium fish? Fish should be fed 1-2 times a day (for adult fish, fry and adolescents should be fed much more often), and with the amount of food that they eat in 2-3 minutes. Ideally, no food would get to the bottom (but do not forget to feed catfish separately). We will immediately agree that we are not talking about herbivores, for example, ancistrus or brocade catfish. These eat almost around the clock, scraping algae. And do not worry, it is not necessary to carefully monitor each time if they ate, just a couple of times a week look.
Why is it so important not to overfeed the fish? The fact is that overfeeding negatively affects the state of the aquarium. Food falls to the bottom, gets into the ground, rots and starts to spoil the water, while serving as a nutrient base for harmful algae.
At the same time in the water accumulate nitrates and ammonia, which poison the fish and plants.
Dirty, algae-covered aquariums with sick fish are often the result of overfeeding and dirty water.
Aquarium fish What to feed?
So, how to feed, we figured out ... And what to feed aquarium fish?
All feed for aquarium fish can be divided into four groups - branded, frozen, live food and vegetable food.
If you want to keep a healthy fish with a beautiful color, it is better to feed all kinds of these feeds. Of course, some fish can eat only live food, others only vegetable. But for ordinary fish, the ideal diet consists of branded feeds, regular feeding with live feeds, and not regular plant foods.
Branded feed - provided that you buy real ones, and not fake, can be the basis of the diet for most fish. Modern branded food for fish, contain all the necessary substances, vitamins and minerals, so that the fish was healthy. To buy such food is no longer a problem, and the choice is huge.
Separately, I will note the so-called dry food - dried gammarus, cyclops and daphnia. Extremely bad feeding option for any fish. Does not contain nutrients, poorly digested, allergen for people.
But do not use dry food - dried daphnia, there are almost no nutrients in it, fish suffer from stomach diseases and grow poorly!
Aquarium fish Diseases
The most important step in the treatment of aquarium fish diseases is to establish the correct diagnosis.
Encyclopedic knowledge of diseases is not enough here, we need considerable experience for a long time already engaged in aquarium fish people.
When studying the history of the disease of fish, it is necessary to note the following factors:
- before the onset of the disease, whether new fish or plants appeared in the aquarium (infection is possible);
- there may have been a sharp drop in temperature or composition of the water (then colds can occur);
- what changes were in the behavior of aquarium fish (fish sluggish, move a little, or rub against stones, soil, refuse to eat, etc.).
After studying the history of the disease, changes in behavior, you should examine the body of the fish (whether the color has changed, the appearance of spots or tumors, the destruction of the fins, the blurred eyes).
And only after that the verdict of one or another disease is rendered. Beautiful you aquarium fish.
Aquarium fish. Description of types of aquarium fish
Section "Aquarium fish" includes a description of aquarium fish of various species and requirements for their maintenance. Here are the most popular families and types of aquarium fishto.
The carp family of fish, among which such species of fish as the goldfish, barbus, danios, can rightly be considered the most common in modern aquarism. The next most popular family of fish - Persian. The sword-bearer, guppy, petilia and mollies - these species of fish became the first experience for many aquarists. Catfish are also popular.
Deserved interest are the types of fighting and antsistrusy. The popularity of such a family of fish as the Cichlids is growing every year. Some species of fish of this family, such as the discus, scalaria, astronotus, tsikhlazomy and chromis are now quite widespread. Do not forget about the other families of fish, such as Labyrinth with their wonderful representatives - males, llyausami and macropods.
Aquarium fish VIDEO
MOLLINESIA CONTENTS FEEDING COMPATIBILITY SPREADS CARE DESCRIPTION
General rules for keeping aquarium fish
Caring for fish in an aquarium is a must for every aquarist. Keeping fish requires a responsible approach, and with proper treatment of their pets, they will bring many benefits.It is believed that the aquarium is useful for the home, helps to cope with stress. Small fishes have a beneficial effect on the emotions of adults and children, cultivate a sense of responsibility in a person. How to properly maintain the fish, and care for them?
Place for an aquarium and a selection of fish
For a start, think carefully about where you put your home aquarium, where the fish will live. The choice of the shape and size of the tank depends on the location. It is considered that the maintenance of a spacious aquarium does not take long to clean. Caring for him is much easier than small. A large tank can contain a large number of different fish that are compatible with each other. Also do not forget about the devices, without which the functioning of a modern reservoir is impossible. Compressors, filters, lighting devices, decorations will provide the highest quality care.
Another issue that bothers aquarists - the choice of pets. For beginners, small and unpretentious fish are suitable that can survive the host’s small errors. Contrary to popular belief, goldfish and cockerels are not easy-to-keep fish. They will have to spend more time with them. Goldfish leave behind a lot of waste, and you have to clean up more often in the aquarium. Males are sensitive to changes in water parameters and infections.
Guppies - one of the most unpretentious fish, belong to the family Petsiliye. They have a bright tail, like the whole color of the body. The size of the females is 6 cm in length, the males are 3-4 cm. These are herbivorous aquarium fish, which need to be eaten more green. They love clean, oxygenated water. Another unpretentious fish - it's cichlids. There are African and South American species. For the beginner, omnivorous and herbivorous tsikhlovye fish are suitable. Predatory species are incompatible with other fish, and are quite dangerous. Other types are very friendly and quick-witted, they can live alone or in pairs.
See how to maintain and care for black-tipped cyclose.
Parameters of the aquatic environment
Full maintenance and care of fish is impossible without maintaining the parameters of the aquatic environment. Install a water thermometer to the aquarium to know about changes in water temperature. As is known, there are heat-loving and cold-loving fish species. Some may survive a temperature range above 22 degrees Celsius, for others this temperature is dangerous. You can turn on the aquarium heater, bringing the temperature to the optimum. If the water is overheated, turn off the device. Check the condition of the filter daily, and clean it if it is dirty. Check the compressor in time.
All aquarium fish prefer to live in a constant environment, where there is no temperature difference and water level. Prepare the separated water in advance to add it to the aquarium if necessary. Do not put in an aquarium foreign objects, especially metal. They may scare pets, or release toxic substances into the water. Fish do not tolerate tobacco smoke, so in a room where there is a tank with living creatures, you can not smoke.
If the water becomes turbid, do not sound the alarm. Water clouding can cause outbreaks of beneficial bacteria, release of foreign matter into the water, or decomposition of dry food. Excretions of fish in large quantities also propagate organic matter, which is favorable for the growth of bacteria. Timely provide care to pets - clean the bottom of the aquarium with a siphon, monitor the condition of the filter.
Feeding, lighting, water change
Feeding is an important aspect, without which fish care is impossible. Feed pets should be 1-2 times a day, and once a week arrange a fasting day without food. Malkov need to feed more often - 4-5 times a day. The amount of feed depends on the type. Big fish should get more feed, small - less. For 2-3 minutes, pets should eat all the amount of feed received. Overfeeding is harmful to the digestive system.
See how to properly feed dry fish aquarium fish.
What feed aquarium fish prefer? Freshwater species unpretentious. To provide them with timely care, do not give a lot of food, otherwise there will be a lot of waste too. Live food in frozen form, dry can be given in certain proportions. Dry feeds are made on the basis of daphnia crustaceans. Live food is usually caught in natural water bodies - it is a bloodworm, a tubule, a corret. Make sure that the fish living in the upper layers of the water, do not take all the food from those who swim at the bottom.
Lighting - another necessary detail, which provides full care for the fish. Many aquatic organisms do not need additional lighting, they need enough daylight and indoor light. However, some need and night lights from LB lamps. The optimal backlight power is 0.5 watts per liter of water. Also consider the depth of the tank, its area, the nature of fish and plants. Residents of the depths are not very fond of a large amount of diffused light.
When the water evaporates and becomes polluted, periodically it has to be refilled. Usually one third of the total volume of water is added. Water parameters should be similar to the water in the aquarium. Changes in the composition of the detrimental effect on the health of pets (it is important to know the water temperature, salt composition, gas composition).
Full replacement of water is made in extreme cases - if all the fish in the aquarium died from an outbreak of the disease, if fungal mucus appeared in the aquarium, water flourishes rapidly, the soil is heavily polluted. But the plants are quickly damaged by the complete replacement of water - they become discolored, the leaves fall off. If you maintain a constant biological balance within the mini-ecosystem, then all aquarium inhabitants will be healthy. Properly selected appliances and living conditions will ensure quality life and care.
Ternesia content dilution compatibility description feeding.
The ternation has a high and flat body. They grow up to 5.5 cm, and they start spawning already at a size of 4 cm. Life expectancy under good conditions is about 3-5 years.
The ternation is distinguished by two vertical black stripes running along its body and large dorsal and anal fins. Her anal card is a business card, as it resembles a skirt and very much highlights the termination among other fish. Adults become somewhat paler and turn grayish instead of black.
Other fashionable options are:
- Veil thorns, which was first bred in Europe. It is very often found on sale, it is no different in content from the classical form, but it is somewhat more difficult to breed because of intragenital crossing.
- Albino, is less common, but again, no different except for coloring.
- Ternetsii Caramels are artificially colored colored fish, a fashionable trend in modern aquarism. They need to be kept with caution, as the chemistry in the blood has not made anyone healthier. Plus, they are massively imported from farms in Vietnam, and this is a long road and the risk of catching a particularly strong type of fish disease.
Care requirements and ternation conditions
Fish do not need supernatural conditions of detention. Observance of optimal parameters of aquarium water is the key to their well-being. However, it is worth remembering that:
- necessarily need aeration and filtration, weekly substitution of up to 1/4 of the volume of aquarium water. If you change the water to them less often than once a week, nothing terrible will happen, the fish are hardy and adapt to any conditions. And if you have a large aquarium, then the water for terntion can be changed once a month.
- the fish need free space for swimming, if you have a small aquarium, it is better not to densely populate it with plants and select swimming areas.
- Aquarium decoration, can be anything: snags, stones, grottoes and other decorations. But since the fishes have a dark color, it is better to decorate the back wall of the aquarium with a lighter background, the ground is also not black. Shelters (grottoes, caves) are absolutely unnecessary for ternations, sometimes they hide only in the thickets of plants.
In nature, live:
Area - Brazil, Bolivia: the river Mato Grosso, Rio Paraguay, Rio Negro. They live in ponds with dense vegetation, which is why, if the home aquarium allows, it is better to decorate it with live aquarium plants, and in the center to provide an area for free swimming.
Ternetsii very active and can be semi-aggressive, cutting off fins to fish. This behavior can be reduced by keeping them in a flock, then they focus more on their fellow tribesmen. But everything, with fish like cockerel or angelfish, is better not to hold them. Good neighbors will be viviparous, danios, cardinals, mollies, black neons and other small and active small fish.
Breeding and reproduction
Breeding It starts with the choice of a couple aged and active. Younger couples may also spawn, but efficacy is higher in mature individuals. Selected couple are seated and richly fed with live food. Spawning from 30 liters, with very soft and sour water (4 dGH and less), dark soil and small-leaved plants. Light is necessarily dim, very diffused or twilight. If the aquarium is heavily lit, cover the front glass with a sheet of paper. Spawning begins in the early morning. The female lays several hundred sticky eggs on the plants and decor. As soon as spawning is over, the pair needs to be transplanted, as they can eat caviar and fry. It is easy to feed fry, for this purpose any small feeds for fry will be suitable.
Temperament terration peaceful, which is not a hindrance to arrange attacks on each other, on smaller fish or with large fins. Hold on ternation at a medium depth free of plants. This is an indicator fish, the color changes depending on the environment or possible stress - from
almost transparent to intensely black. Because of the top location of the mouth, the fish feed on the surface of the water.
What to feed terniy Food can be given to almost anyone. Live and frozen food, flakes, meat, bread crumbs will suit them. Eat mainly from the surface of the water, sometimes they catch food, slowly going to the bottom.
TERNACE OF THE DISEASE
Terrestitii are quite resistant to various diseases. In any aquarium, as a rule, various parasitic organisms are still present, but if good conditions are maintained, they are not capable of causing harm to the mourning tetra.
In case of any deterioration of the living conditions, the ternation instantly reacts by changing the color and behavior. Good conditions of detention for terntions are a kind of basis for immunity, and constitute a complex of measures.
The size of the aquarium should correspond to the number of ternine pairs, if there are several pairs, they will be comfortable in the aquarium at least 40 liters, densely planted with plants. Water temperature within 23 ° C - 26 ° C, water hardness from 5 ° to 17 °, pH 6.0 - 7.5.
If these requirements are met, all that remains is to take measures to ensure that outsiders do not enter the aquarium into the aquarium. In this direction, the most effective way to protect is quarantine for new fish and plants for at least 3 weeks.
You also need to be careful in purchasing live food, it is better to do it in certified stores. In this case, the termination of the disease can be avoided.
- A shift in the pH of the water in the aquarium to 10-11 in bright sunlight and dense vegetation can cause the development of alkolosis (alkaline disease), a decrease in pH to 4-5 can provoke acidosis (acid disease).
- In case of untimely removal of the waste products of fish from an aquarium, the concentration of ammonia in the water may increase, which in turn may cause the development of acetamia (ammonia poisoning).
- In the case of overpopulation of the aquarium in the water may be reduced oxygen content, which will lead to the development of hypoxia (asphyxiation).
- Regular overfeeding of terntions, the use of monotonous and low-quality food will lead to obesity and inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Use for replacement of poorly separated tap water with chlorine will affect the development of fish chlorosis (chlorine poisoning).
With the improvement of conditions of maintenance, terntions can quickly restore their health. But it was during this period, when the defenses of the ternation were exhausted due to a violation of the normal conditions of detention, various parasites could be activated.
This can cause the development of often incurable diseases: saprolegniosis, ichthyophonus, fin rot, ichthyophthiriosis, pellularis, plistophora, gluea, nodular disease, chylodonellosis, gyrodactylus, dactylogirus.
Diseases and their causes
Changes in water can also cause other diseases. Thus, for example, alkalosis occurs in Ternéti when the level of acidity shifts towards an alkaline medium. This can contribute to bright sunlight and excessive use of vegetation. But acidosis occurs when lowering the minimum threshold value in the range of comfort.
If the content of Ternetium occurs irregularly, then there is a high risk of poisoning the fish with ammonia, the concentration of which becomes significantly higher from the waste products in the water.
Ternations react very quickly to improved conditions. As soon as they are normalized, the pets' health is immediately restored.
ABC care for aquarium fish
All aquarists, both beginners and experienced, it is important to know how to care for aquarium fish correctly. In fact, their care begins with the purchase of an aquarium, because of its shape, size, material depends on how comfortable the life of pets will be. Aquascape, feeding, compatibility with other aquatic organisms are also important conditions for the harmonious life of the fish. To ensure proper care of the fish at home, you need to familiarize yourself with some rules.
To choose the right aquarium for fish, consider the following recommendations:
- In a spacious tank, fish care will be easier. The products of their vital activity in a close aquarium quickly decompose, poisoning the water. In a spacious tank more water that will be mixed. Cleaning can be done less frequently.
- The size of the tank depends on the type of fish and their size. Before buying an aquarium, you should know which pets will be settled there. Large and gregarious fish require a large amount of swimming space. At 5-centimeter fish need 10 liters of water.
- Attention should be paid to aquascape. This shelter in the form of caves, moles, clay pots, pipes, rocks, snags and plants. Fish with bulging eyes do not need a lot of scenery due to the threat of injury.
- The shape of the tank should be rectangular. This aquarium is easier to clean at home.
- Ground, plants, snags, rocks and stones must be selected correctly. They can provide the similarity of a natural biotope, but the main condition is its use. Stone sculptures, soil should not be toxic, or change the parameters of the aquatic environment (acidity, hardness). In addition, everything that will be placed in the tank must be treated with boiling water, special solutions. It is desirable to boil the soil, or chop in a furnace at a temperature of 200-300 ° C. Plants should be thoroughly rinsed under running water. The compact arrangement of the decorations in the aquarium will facilitate the care of them.
- Lay the soil in several layers, plant it in it. Place the snags, rocks. Install a water heating system, filter, compressor, water thermometer, lighting. Be careful when working with the equipment. The light should not heat the water too much so that the plants are not damaged and the fish do not become worse. To visually recreate the underwater world, a decorative film can be glued to the back wall of the aquarium.
See how to lay the soil in the aquarium.
Instructions for choosing aquarium fish:
- Choose pets according to your experience in the aquarium business. Of course, for beginners it is better to choose small and unpretentious in keeping fish, for which care is simple. Learn in advance about the lifestyle of the species, its taste habits.
- Find out at what parameters the water can contain a fish, what feed it should be fed and how many times a day.
- Choose your aquarium neighbors correctly. It is impossible to settle predatory and herbivorous fish together, especially large and small species. The disproportion becomes the cause of eating some fish by others.
Watch the video with the rules of compatibility of aquarium fish.
- There are schooling fish species, these are small hydrobionts that feel comfortable in the company of their relatives. A large school of non-aggressive fish does not show aggression towards neighbors.
- Some fish are suitable only for aquarists with experience. It is important that pet care does not bore you, because they take time.
- When buying fish, pay attention to their appearance and behavior. They should not be faded, disheveled scales, fins should be in place. The selected fish must actively swim, not be constantly at the bottom. Choose young fish if you want to breed them in the future. Check with the seller about the feeding regime.
Constant, varied feeding also makes up the right care for aquatic pets. It is advisable to give food 2 times a day, at the same time. Some species may eventually take food from the hands, but the hands must be clean, without blood and odors. Fish can see or hear a knock on the glass, swim out of shelters in anticipation of feeding.Pets can become so accustomed to the regime that they begin to prepare for the meal at the same time. Fish can not be overfed, it is fraught with health problems. Small portions that they eat in 3-5 minutes will be enough.
- The diet is varied. Herbivorous fish require constant obtaining of vegetable feed with fiber, omnivorous and predatory fish - in meat food, rich in proteins. It is advisable to combine all types of feed: live, frozen, dry, artificial. Live food is best frozen, so as not to infect the water infection. This applies to bloodworms, tubers, daphnia, corets and other feed. Some fish love so-called "cocktails" that can be prepared in the kitchen. Frozen seafood, vegetables pass through a meat grinder, are formed in the form of circles, and put in the freezer.
- Overeating shortens the life of fish, or provokes bloating. Once a week you should arrange a fasting day for your pets and not feed them at all. You can feed at 12 noon and 6 pm, or at another time during the day. At night, it is better not to feed. Pay attention to the behavior - if they do not eat, then portions can be reduced, or feed once a day.
Fish Care Basics
Care for water pets should be constant and quality. Cleanliness is a guarantee of health and carefree life, both for the owner and for the pet. Instructions for the care of an aquarium with fish:
- Regularly make water changes to fresh and clean. It is easy to get such water - dial the required amount from under the tap into the glass container, leave for 2-4 days, bring to the required parameters (check with indicators). Then pour into the tank. In an aquarium of 200 liters, you need to replace 20% of the water; in a 100-liter one, you can replace 30% of the water. The procedure should be repeated once a week.
- Constantly siphon the bottom of the reservoir funnel, removing the remnants of uneaten food. Do not turn off the compressor with aeration, filter, heating without special need.
- Every day, watch the pets - their appearance, behavior. If you notice a change - prepare a quarantine tank. Perhaps the fish is sick, and she needs special care.
- You should have a scraper for aquarium glass, which perfectly cleans hard surfaces from algal fouling. Stone rocks and snags can be cleaned with a brush. If the surfaces are not cleaned in a timely manner, the biological balance will be disturbed, which will affect the well-being of the fish.
Why die fish in an aquarium and what to do.
It is very unpleasant when the fish begin to die in the aquarium. It would seem that everything was done correctly: clean water was poured, aquarium equipment was working, the fish received timely feed. Despite this, the animals die. Unfortunately, this situation occurs in newcomers of the aquarium business quite often, which is why it is necessary to arm yourself with knowledge of the causes of this phenomenon.Each novice aquarist should understand the following in advance: if conditions are created in the water house for its inhabitants that are as close as possible to their natural habitat, then they will not get sick, much less die.
At the very least, the risk of death will be minimized.
Practice shows that in the overwhelming majority of cases, the death of fish is caused not by any external diseases, but by errors in content, illiteracy and carelessness of their owners. There are various reasons for this unfortunate phenomenon or a whole combination of causes and factors that should be considered in detail.
Nitrogen poisoning is the most common problem. It often concerns beginners who have no experience in dealing with aquarium animals. The fact is that they are trying to feed their pets to the dump, forgetting that with this increases the amount of waste. By the simplest calculations, each fish per day leaves feces equal to 1/3 of its weight. However, not everyone knows that in the process of oxidation and decomposition nitrogen compounds appear, consisting of:
All these substances are united by their toxicity. The most dangerous of them is ammonium, the excess of which will be the main cause of death for all inhabitants of the reservoir. This happens most often in newly launched aquariums. The first week after the start becomes critical. There are two options for increasing the amount of these substances in aqua:
- Increase in the number of inhabitants;
- Breakage of the filter;
- Excessive feed.
It is possible to determine the surplus by the state of water, more precisely by smell and color. If you noted the darkening of the water and the smell of rot, then the process of increasing ammonium in the water is started. It happens that when visually inspected, the water is crystal clear in the house for fish, but the smell makes you wonder.
To confirm your suspicions, ask special chemical tests at pet stores. With their help, you can easily measure the level of ammonium. True, it is worth noting the high cost of tests, but for a novice aquarist they are very necessary if you do not want to lose all your pets for a couple of days. If time corrects the situation, then the death will be avoided.
How to lower the level of ammonia:
- Daily water change ¼
- Water should stand at least a day;
- Check the filter and filter element for serviceability.
The death of fish can also occur due to a decrease or increase in temperature of the aquatic environment. The opinion that a deviation from a certain temperature mode by 2-3 degrees in one direction or another will not affect the health of aquarium pets is deeply mistaken.If the temperature drops, there is a danger of dying from a cold, and as it rises, the fish may die from lack of oxygen.
Lack of oxygen as a negative factor
A fish is known to breathe air dissolved in water, and it can suffocate if it is too little in aqua. Although such cases are very rare, they do happen.
As a rule, even beginners pre-acquire all the equipment necessary for the operation of the home aquatic system.
And very often, buying a powerful enough filter, they trust him not only with water purification, but also with its aeration and mixing.
Still, experts recommend to separate these two functions and ensure the continuous operation of the air compressor
No one wants to blame himself, so beginner breeders blame the disease. Unscrupulous sellers only reinforce their doubts, because they have a goal to sell expensive medicine and cash in on. However, do not rush for a panacea, carefully examine all possible causes of death.
Blame the disease is possible only if the symptoms have been noted for a long time. The fish died away gradually, and not just died in an instant, for no apparent reason. Most often, the disease is brought to the aquarium with new residents or plants. Death may occur due to malfunction of the heating element in cold weather.
Going to pet stores, you should be aware of what exactly you need medicine. Each of the drugs directed to a specific disease. Universal drugs do not exist! If possible, consult an experienced aquarist or ask a question on the forum, knowledgeable people will tell you what to do in this situation.
Of course, the disease can not kill a healthy fish. Why die fish in an aquarium? If the death occurred, then the immunity has already been undermined. Most likely, the first two errors occurred. Do not rush to launch new residents, no matter how beautiful they are.
What to do to protect the aquarium:
- Organize quarantine for new inhabitants;
- Sanitize fish or plants.
What to do if the disease started up in the aquarium:
- Change one tenth of the water daily;
- Increase the temperature;
- Strengthen aeration;
- Remove the carriers of the disease and those who are clearly infected.
Remember which fish you ran at home last. Individuals brought from other countries can be carriers of rare diseases, and it is sometimes impossible to detect and classify on their own.
This option is the rarest of all. Oxygenation of a fish house is always adequately assessed even by beginners. The first thing they do is buy a compressor. With him, not terrible choking fish.
The only possible option is to increase the temperature and, as a result, lower oxygen in the water. This can happen at night, when the plants are rearranged from the production of oxygen, to its absorption. To avoid this, do not turn off the compressor at night.
Before you go to the store for pets, think over to the smallest detail, can there be several species in one fish house? You should not rely on the competence of the seller, since the main goal for him is to realize as much of the goods as possible.
A few fundamental rules:
- Big fish always tend to eat small ones (even in the case of herbivorous species);
- Many succumb to intraspecific aggression;
- Some are able to stick to small neighbors, which ultimately leads to death;
- The strong always eat the weak;
- Buy only those fish whose peace-loving nature you are sure of.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to establish why fish die. The death of a pet can happen even to experienced breeders. Be attentive to the fish, and you will definitely notice a change in behavior and in time eliminate the cause of anxiety. More often, fish die in an aquarium because of an oversight, and not according to other criteria.
What to do if you find a dead fish in the walls of the aquarium?
- Look at the number of fish in the tank. Recount them in the morning and in the hours of feeding. What is their condition, do they take food well? Are there fish that refuse food? Is bloating in one of the fish possible? If you have not found any fish, check all the corners in the aquarium by lifting the lid. Inspect the plants, caverns and all the scenery. If after a few days the dead fish did not float to the surface, it may have suffered from a neighbor in the aquarium, and you can hardly find it. Sometimes the fish fall into an unprotected filter, and die there. In any case, keep searching until you find the visible reasons for the disappearance.
- Fish that have died in an aquarium should be removed from it. Tropical species of fish quickly rot because of high water temperature. Under conditions of such an environment, bacteria multiply rapidly, water grows turbid, and an unpleasant odor appears, which can cause infection of other pets.
- It is necessary to do inspection of the dead fish. You must understand why she died in an aquarium. Wear medical gloves. If the body is not completely decomposed, look at the condition of the fins, scales, and condition of the abdominal cavity. Perhaps there are wounds on the body or signs that she has suffered from unproductive neighbors. If the stomach is strongly swollen, eyes bulging, the scales are covered with bloom or stains - it means that the pet has suffered from illness or poisoning. After inspection, gloves should be discarded.
- Check the water parameters. Water is often the main cause of poor health. Take tests with indicators, and make the necessary measurements. The increased content of ammonia and nitrates in water, heavy metals leads to the fact that pets die quickly. If the aquarium has a decorative element made of iron, zinc, copper - this is another pointer. Some fish do not tolerate metal, and suddenly die.
- After the test results, draw conclusions. The test will show two results - either you have everything in order in the aquarium, or the water is dirty and there is an overabundance of toxic substances in it. In the second case, you need to enable powerful filtering, and make a replacement of 25% of the aquarium water for clean and infused. Dramatically change the parameters of the water is not necessary, it can harm living fish.
- But if the water is in proper condition, there may be a number of other reasons why the fish died. Sometimes aquarium pets die of hunger, overeating, illness, severe stress, bruises after attacking other fish, age. If the fish die suddenly, you need to do everything necessary to keep others alive. Contact your veterinarian if you do not find obvious causes of death of the pet.
DURATION OF LIFE AQUARIUM FISH.
PH IN AQUARIUM - PHOTO VIDEO DESCRIPTION REVIEW.
MUTT WATER IN THE AQUARIUM: WHAT TO DO - DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEMS OF PHOTO VIDEO.
HOW, WHAT AND HOW MUCH TO FEED GOLD FISHES? DESCRIPTION PHOTO VIDEO.
AQUARIUM FISHES WHICH CAN BE WITHOUT OXYGEN AND AIR
HOW TO TRANSPORT AND EXTEND AQUARIUM FISHES INTO THE AQUARIUM?
Aquarium catfish maintenance care compatibility feeding description of the photo video.
Care and maintenance
Maintenance and care of catfish is not a difficult process. They are contained in normal aquarium conditions at a temperature 22-28 ° C . Hardness of water 6-12. Acidity is neutral. If you have the acidity will deviate a little in one direction or another, there is nothing terrible. But it is very important that the water was not salty. To the oxygen regime, most species are not whimsical because the catfish has skin breathing or the ability to breathe atmospheric air.
The process of breathing consists in ascent of catfish to the surface, intake of air and submersion to the bottom until the air is completely exhausted. Soil does not matter. In order for your catfish to be comfortable you need to equip an aquarium for him. Since the catfish is the bottom inhabitant of the aquarium, you need to make some kind of shelter for it.
It can be made of stone, different types of snags, it can be artificial houses, castles and plants. As for living plants, it is necessary to look at a specific species of catfish, since many of them are herbivorous and the plant can live with you for a very short time. But still, if you want to plant plants in an aquarium, and you have herbivorous catfish, you need to choose plants that are large and have a well-developed root system. It is very important to make a territory for catfish and put snag. Without such a shelter, the catfish will not be comfortable and the ego will shorten life significantly, and thanks to the coarse, the catfish will receive an important pulp of life.
Preparing for the purchase of aquarium catfish
When deciding whether to purchase a pet, you should conduct the necessary training. Qualitatively examining the peculiarities of a pet's lifestyle and hobbies, one can guarantee the acquisition of necessary things.
Additionally, catfish are called "sanitary orderlies" for their love of eating soil. Fishes destroy scales and food waste from the bottom of the aquarium, thus maintaining the purity of the reservoir.
High-quality cleaning of the aquarium is carried out by catfish, which is why the owner of the reservoir can forget about cleaning the aquarium. However, it does not hurt to get a quality filter, because the fish get their food in an original way. They raise the settled debris from the bottom surface, moving the body, after the food begins to emerge, catfish eat it.
When organizing the settling in an aquarium, it is important to pay attention to the inhabitants of the reservoir that have already taken root. Not all fish get along with new neighbors and can eat them. Guppies and neons are a favorite delicacy of catfish, therefore, to avoid deaths, the fish should be divided.
To create optimal conditions for catfish, it is necessary to fill the aquarium with stones or thick vegetation. These fish prefer to be in the shelter before the onset of the night time. In the daytime, they love to clean the bottom of the aquarium. However, somics are not easy to see, because they have a special protective coloration and almost merge with the stones.
Basically, somas are peaceful, do not climb into a fight with other aquarium fish, sometimes there are conflicts among themselves.
It happens that even a stronger catfish starts to drive the weak, and, alas, kills him.
But this is extremely rare. Compatibility of catfish with other fish depends on the type of catfish.
By peace-loving, herbivorous need to pick up non-aggressive neighbors. And to predators - larger fish that can stand up for themselves.
Breeding and breeding
The process of breeding in catfish is quite simple, and if you only live in the aquarium of the fish of this species, you can not even put them in a separate aquarium. Otherwise, for spawning somikov better to allocate a container of clean water with a capacity of 30 to 50 liters. Usually 3-4 males are left for one female. It is very desirable that in the place where the spawning takes place, there is a lot of algae and soft soil.
If you want to push your pets to breeding, you need to change the water temperature within 17-25 ° C for several days and aerate the aquarium. Spawning usually occurs early in the morning. When caviar is already set aside, you can leave the natural light or darken a little. One week after spawning, the female will be ready for a new spawning. The fry develop quite quickly and almost immediately they can be fed with finely chopped bloodworms or “dust”.
Feeding catfish is very easy. They eat fish food, which lies at the bottom, thereby cleaning the bottom of the aquarium. They eat almost everything: fish pieces, shrimp, pills, frozen food, flakes Well, since most catfishes are predators, they can eat small fish in the aquarium and take them as food.
Making a conclusion, we can say that catfish in an aquarium is a necessary fish. Unpretentious and does not require additional care, resistant to various diseases, and, well, very original and beautiful.Having a catfish, your aquarium will always look unique, and you can always enjoy and enjoy the beauty of your pet.
In subsequent articles you can find the most necessary information about the maintenance of aquarium catfish, the types that interest you, a variety of aquarium catfish, feeding, care, as well as tables of compatibility of catfish with other inhabitants of the aquarium.
One can often hear from sellers of pet stores that small and large catfish purify the water in the aquarium and this is not necessary for the owner to do. Som-like, combing the soil at the bottom, really pick up all edible, partially cleaning the pollution. By the way, this does not mean that the power of your pet should be allowed to drift.
It is also important to note that silted water is the habitat of these fish. But this also does not mean that it is possible not to clean the aquarium at all and only occasionally change the water. Reinforced aeration of water is really not needed, and clean water and an aquarium are a guarantee of the health of your fish. If other fish also live in your house, they simply need cleanliness, and catfish will quickly get used to it and will not experience any inconvenience.
General information about catfish
All types of aquarium catfish, of which there are a huge number in nature, are surprisingly similar to each other in appearance. In aquariums alone, more than 1,200 thousand different waterfowl variations of this species live. Otherwise, these fish are called sweepers, because they eat the remnants of half-eaten rotting food lying on the bottom.
And many lovers acquire such "orderlies" precisely because of their accuracy. You can buy such curious items at any pet store. These aquarium fish instead of scales have a plate cover consisting of bone tissue. This feature distinguishes them from other waterfowl. Somics mostly live at the bottom of glass reservoirs and actively behave only at night. They feed on vegetable food, but sometimes they do not disdain to feast on the remnants of "from the master's bottom table."
Catfish are very popular among aquarists, so the demand for them is very large. They buy shellflies for the reason that they: are peaceful enough; Feel great in water at a temperature of 18 ° + 25 ° C; adapted to hard water; feel confident with its average acidity with plus / minus deviations in different directions.
Nature has somik intestinal breathing. Looking out of the aquarium, they swallow air with their mouths, which are then processed into pure oxygen. If the catfish often lingers at the surface of the water, then it is difficult for him to breathe. Sanitary Aquariums