How to cook fish delicious food
If you are serious about keeping fish, you should take care of their proper feeding. Ideally, water pets should be given live, protein and vegetable food. At home, you can do it yourself, if you know some rules for its preparation. Combining all types of food for aquarium fish, you will provide them with a full diet.
Protein feed for aquarium fish can be given as a substitute for dry and live feed. It has nutritional properties, and is much cheaper. You can cook it yourself at home.
- Heart beef. Grind on a kitchen grater in frozen form. Give for fish every few days in small portions. Flush before serving is not necessary.
- Chicken egg. This is a nutritious food, not only for fish, but also for their fry. Pour the raw egg in a bowl, stir it with a beating motion. Boil the water and pour it little by little into the resulting consistency. When infusing, stir. Cooked eggs need to catch with the help of a net, and feed them fish in small portions. You can serve hard-boiled yolk to the fish by grinding it on a grater or in a blender. Salt is not necessary.
- Fresh-frozen fish. It should be grated on or grated through a meat grinder. Put prepared mince in small bowls that can be stored for a long time in the freezer. Before serving the product, it must be thawed at room to, and feed the fish, giving small portions.
- Fish boiled. The recipe is the same as that of fresh frozen. It is better to give lean fish, cod will do.
- Shrimp meat and krill. It is necessary to boil, cool, chop finely and rinse.
- Boiled milk film. It should be given to small fish in small portions.
When cooking your own protein food, do not add salt or other types of spices. Serve such food should be in small portions, and the remnants should be immediately removed from the tank. Protein feeds have nutritional properties, but deteriorate quickly, decompose in water, and cause a bacterial outbreak in water, which can lead to negative consequences. Protein feed is very useful for predatory fish.
See how to make fish food.
Vegetable food for aquarium fish can be prepared from vegetables, herbs, bread or cereals, which have vegetable fiber. It is perfect for herbivorous species of fish. It is necessary to feed the fish in small portions, which they will master in 3-5 minutes. The uneaten leftover food must be promptly removed. Vegetable feed recipes:
- Semolina - Take 1 tbsp. semolina and fill it with boiling water, let it boil down for 20 minutes. Rinse the resulting mixture, and let the fish in small portions.
- Use stale white bread (no mildew). Crumble it, and give the fish a little.
- Cooked vegetables: carrots, broccoli, zucchini, zucchini. They should be boiled, chopped, washed. Give in small quantities.
- Grind oatmeal flakes in a blender, and brew in boiling water. Rinse the mixture.
Protein and vegetable food for aquarium fish can be served in the form of cocktails or mixtures, bringing in the "dish" protein and vegetable food in different quantities. You can prepare special recipes. For example, if you take dry nettle leaves in a chopped form, dried daphnia, mix them, and give as a nutritional supplement.
See how to make food from semolina.
How to breed live food at home
Live food needed predatory and omnivorous fish. They can be bought at pet stores in dried or frozen form. In a living form, they can carry the infection. But if you plant them at home with your own hands, then the risk of bringing the disease will be minimal. The process of obtaining live food is long, but it justifies the expectations. Homemade food is safe for fish.
How to grow live crops for fish:
- Do not overdo it with nutrients. If you strongly feed the culture, it will begin to multiply rapidly. This will lead to the death of its part due to oxygen deficiency and intoxication with its own waste products.
- Regularly make water changes in containers where live food is diluted.
- You can not keep all the culture in one container. If its part dies, the other can be restored in a backup hub.
Daphnia are microscopic crustaceans that are found in reservoirs with stagnant water. It is better to catch daphnids in ponds where there is no fish, so the probability of an infection in the aquarium will be low. Daphnia caught caught in infused water with good aeration. Every day, change the fifth part of the water to fresh. Lighting should be dim. Recommended temperature: 22-25 ° C.
You can feed the crustaceans with yeast, which is picked up in a pea batch, diluted in a spoonful of water, and introduced into the water. If the water becomes cloudy - not scary. Daphnia can also be fed cabbage juice, carrots, beets - a teaspoon per 5 liters of water. Crustaceans are very useful for aquariums - they quickly clear them from water blooming. In winter, they serve as food for fry.
Drosophila flies - are very easy to get divorced, as they are found in every home where there is a spoiled product. To dilute them, place in a closed razvodnik (glass jar) fruit puree, mixed with yeast and oatmeal. The first insects will crawl out in 3 days, and in a week they will be enough to feed the fish.
What and how many times a day to feed the goldfish
When you put up such wonderful pets like goldfish in your home aquarium, the question immediately arises: "How and what to feed these cute creatures?". In fact, feeding the fish in the aquarium is not difficult. First, it is an omnivorous species of fish, and secondly, when pets get used to the owner, they can be given food with their own hands.
Rules for feeding natural foods
Natural food is a food of natural origin (insect larvae, plankton, benthos, plants and algae, mollusks and crustaceans). All food submitted to the fish should be of small size so that it can be captured by mouth. Fry and juvenile fish should more often eat live and dry food to be able to grow beautiful and healthy. Before spawning, males and females are also given live food with protein, which serves as an additional stimulation to spawn.
Take a look at feeding goldfish with worms.
Adult goldfish love vegetable food more. Consider that it is better to feed young animals with daphnia, bloodworm, pipe worker, coretre, pieces of squid, dry sami. By the way, adult fish should also receive this food, but in smaller quantities. Food for adults is easy to cook with your own hands and at home. Take a kitchen grater, and rub cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, and pumpkin on a shallow surface. You can freeze it in the freezer, and defrost it later (only once!), And give it to pets.
Pet stores sell dried food with fiber, which is intended only for goldfish. This feed is very useful for digestion. They can also be fed with aquatic plants - duckweed, wolfia, and robeberry. They can be grown at home specifically as a feed for your pet. Or, plant these plants in an aquarium with goldfish, and if there is a shortage of food, they will feed on their juicy leaves. Ryaska need to feed the fish only once a day, so make sure that there is no overfeeding.
If you are going on vacation, and no one to leave the fish - then plants with soft leaves (including Lemna) will be an excellent food for starving pets. Gold fish will be enough for one week, they are unlikely to lose weight, but do not overdo it with a vacation. Consider the moment that they remember the owner, and the long absence of a person can also cause stress.
Now about the products from our fridge that are suitable for feeding. Cereals such as semolina, buckwheat, peas, millet are not alien to these fish. They must be salt free and boiled in water. All kinds of goldfish adore peas - peel them off, boil them, chop them in a blender and serve in small portions. It has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract. These types of dressings can be served if the home has run out of fish food, or for a more varied diet. Semolina must be washed, non-sticky texture, otherwise the fish will not be able to eat it.
As well as food for this fish fit spinach leaves, nettle, lettuce, dandelion, dill or parsley. Surprisingly, this pet is practically everything that people are used to, which is why it is so popular with novice aquarists! Do not forget that these fish - avid eaters are prone to overeating. Feed them 2 times a day, in small portions that they can master in 5 minutes. Give animal and live food once a day, and the rest of the time - vegetable food.
You can alternate types of feed, and make a menu: give several times a week live food (30% of the diet), and 70% - vegetable. After the meal, the fish leave behind a lot of waste in the form of feces. This means that the aquarium should be cleaned on time: the bottom siphon and water filtration. Once a week, update 25% of the water for fresh and clean, so that food remains do not decompose, polluting everything around.
See how goldfish eat a leaf of lettuce.
Branded fish food
In addition to natural food, goldfish can be fed and branded feed. Manufacturers offer a variety of supplements containing vitamins, minerals, fiber, larvae and other nutrients. Branded food helps to give the fish a brighter color scales, they are harmless in acceptable quantities. It is better to feed branded food 1-2 times a week, although some species are possible more often. All of them are presented in the form of chips, granules, sticks.
- Tetra Goldfish Gold Color is a premium feed for goldfish of all types and colors. Due to the content of carotenoids, spirulina and vitamins, helps the fish to become strong and healthy. It has a beneficial effect on the immune system, ensuring a long and happy life. Due to the special formula, this food is easily digested, and reduces the number of feces. Sold in granular form - one granule softens easily in water, so the pet can eat it quickly.
- Tetra Goldfish Holiday - Daphnia food. Suitable for all types of goldfish, especially if you are going on vacation. Leave the bag with additional feeding to the authorized person who can feed them fish. Due to the content of vitamins and trace elements, they will acquire a rich color scales and will be satisfied.
- Tetra Goldfish Energy - nourishing sticks that are easily dosed and do not spoil the quality of water. Due to the moderate fat content, they give the fish strength and energy. Strengthen the immune system, increase disease resistance. The sticks are easily digested, they can be given 1-2 times a week, without overfeeding the fish.