ABC care for aquarium fish
All aquarists, both beginners and experienced, it is important to know how to care for aquarium fish correctly. In fact, their care begins with the purchase of an aquarium, because of its shape, size, material depends on how comfortable the life of pets will be. Aquascape, feeding, compatibility with other aquatic organisms are also important conditions for the harmonious life of the fish. To ensure proper care of the fish at home, you need to familiarize yourself with some rules.
To choose the right aquarium for fish, consider the following recommendations:
- In a spacious tank, fish care will be easier. The products of their vital activity in a close aquarium quickly decompose, poisoning the water. In a spacious tank more water that will be mixed. Cleaning can be done less frequently.
- The size of the tank depends on the type of fish and their size. Before buying an aquarium, you should know which pets will be settled there. Large and gregarious fish require a large amount of swimming space. At 5-centimeter fish need 10 liters of water.
- Attention should be paid to aquascape. This shelter in the form of caves, moles, clay pots, pipes, rocks, snags and plants. Fish with bulging eyes do not need a lot of scenery due to the threat of injury.
- The shape of the tank should be rectangular. This aquarium is easier to clean at home.
- Ground, plants, snags, rocks and stones must be selected correctly. They can provide the similarity of a natural biotope, but the main condition is its use. Stone sculptures, soil should not be toxic, or change the parameters of the aquatic environment (acidity, hardness). In addition, everything that will be placed in the tank must be treated with boiling water, special solutions. It is desirable to boil the soil, or chop in a furnace at a temperature of 200-300 ° C. Plants should be thoroughly rinsed under running water. The compact arrangement of the decorations in the aquarium will facilitate the care of them.
- Lay the soil in several layers, plant it in it. Place the snags, rocks. Install a water heating system, filter, compressor, water thermometer, lighting. Be careful when working with the equipment. The light should not heat the water too much so that the plants are not damaged and the fish do not become worse. To visually recreate the underwater world, a decorative film can be glued to the back wall of the aquarium.
See how to lay the soil in the aquarium.
Instructions for choosing aquarium fish:
- Choose pets according to your experience in the aquarium business. Of course, for beginners it is better to choose small and unpretentious in keeping fish, for which care is simple. Learn in advance about the lifestyle of the species, its taste habits.
- Find out at what parameters the water can contain a fish, what feed it should be fed and how many times a day.
- Choose your aquarium neighbors correctly. It is impossible to settle predatory and herbivorous fish together, especially large and small species. The disproportion becomes the cause of eating some fish by others.
Watch the video with the rules of compatibility of aquarium fish.
- There are schooling fish species, these are small hydrobionts that feel comfortable in the company of their relatives. A large school of non-aggressive fish does not show aggression towards neighbors.
- Some fish are suitable only for aquarists with experience. It is important that pet care does not bore you, because they take time.
- When buying fish, pay attention to their appearance and behavior. They should not be faded, disheveled scales, fins should be in place. The selected fish must actively swim, not be constantly at the bottom. Choose young fish if you want to breed them in the future. Check with the seller about the feeding regime.
Constant, varied feeding also makes up the right care for aquatic pets. It is advisable to give food 2 times a day, at the same time. Some species may eventually take food from the hands, but the hands must be clean, without blood and odors. Fish can see or hear a knock on the glass, swim out of shelters in anticipation of feeding. Pets can become so accustomed to the regime that they begin to prepare for the meal at the same time. Fish can not be overfed, it is fraught with health problems. Small portions that they eat in 3-5 minutes will be enough.
- The diet is varied. Herbivorous fish require constant obtaining of vegetable feed with fiber, omnivorous and predatory fish - in meat food, rich in proteins. It is advisable to combine all types of feed: live, frozen, dry, artificial. Live food is best frozen, so as not to infect the water infection. This applies to bloodworms, tubers, daphnia, corets and other feed. Some fish love so-called "cocktails" that can be prepared in the kitchen. Frozen seafood, vegetables pass through a meat grinder, are formed in the form of circles, and put in the freezer.
- Overeating shortens the life of fish, or provokes bloating. Once a week you should arrange a fasting day for your pets and not feed them at all. You can feed at 12 noon and 6 pm, or at another time during the day. At night, it is better not to feed. Pay attention to the behavior - if they do not eat, then portions can be reduced, or feed once a day.
Fish Care Basics
Care for water pets should be constant and quality. Cleanliness is a guarantee of health and carefree life, both for the owner and for the pet. Instructions for the care of an aquarium with fish:
- Regularly make water changes to fresh and clean. It is easy to get such water - dial the required amount from under the tap into the glass container, leave for 2-4 days, bring to the required parameters (check with indicators). Then pour into the tank. In an aquarium of 200 liters, you need to replace 20% of the water; in a 100-liter one, you can replace 30% of the water. The procedure should be repeated once a week.
- Constantly siphon the bottom of the reservoir funnel, removing the remnants of uneaten food. Do not turn off the compressor with aeration, filter, heating without special need.
- Every day, watch the pets - their appearance, behavior. If you notice a change - prepare a quarantine tank. Perhaps the fish is sick, and she needs special care.
- You should have a scraper for aquarium glass, which perfectly cleans hard surfaces from algal fouling. Stone rocks and snags can be cleaned with a brush. If the surfaces are not cleaned in time, the biological balance will be disturbed, which will affect the well-being of the fish.
General rules for keeping aquarium fish
Caring for fish in an aquarium is a must for every aquarist. Keeping fish requires a responsible approach, and with proper treatment of their pets, they will bring many benefits. It is believed that the aquarium is useful for the home, helps to cope with stress. Small fishes have a beneficial effect on the emotions of adults and children, cultivate a sense of responsibility in a person. How to properly maintain the fish, and care for them?
Place for an aquarium and a selection of fish
For a start, think carefully about where you put your home aquarium, where the fish will live. The choice of the shape and size of the tank depends on the location. It is considered that the maintenance of a spacious aquarium does not take long to clean. Caring for him is much easier than small. A large tank can contain a large number of different fish that are compatible with each other. Also do not forget about the devices, without which the functioning of a modern reservoir is impossible. Compressors, filters, lighting devices, decorations will provide the highest quality care.
Another issue that bothers aquarists - the choice of pets. For beginners, small and unpretentious fish are suitable that can survive the host’s small errors. Contrary to popular belief, goldfish and cockerels are not easy-to-keep fish. They will have to spend more time with them. Goldfish leave behind a lot of waste, and you have to clean up more often in the aquarium. Males are sensitive to changes in water parameters and infections.
Guppies - one of the most unpretentious fish, belong to the family Petsiliye. They have a bright tail, like the whole color of the body. The size of the females is 6 cm in length, the males are 3-4 cm. These are herbivorous aquarium fish, which need to be eaten more green. They love clean, oxygenated water. Another unpretentious fish - it's cichlids. There are African and South American species. For the beginner, omnivorous and herbivorous tsikhlovye fish are suitable. Predatory species are incompatible with other fish, and are quite dangerous. Other types are very friendly and quick-witted, they can live alone or in pairs.
See how to maintain and care for black-tipped cyclose.
Parameters of the aquatic environment
Full maintenance and care of fish is impossible without maintaining the parameters of the aquatic environment. Install a water thermometer to the aquarium to know about changes in water temperature. As is known, there are heat-loving and cold-loving fish species. Some may survive a temperature range above 22 degrees Celsius, for others this temperature is dangerous. You can turn on the aquarium heater, bringing the temperature to the optimum. If the water is overheated, turn off the device. Check the condition of the filter daily, and clean it if it is dirty. Check the compressor in time.
All aquarium fish prefer to live in a constant environment, where there is no temperature difference and water level. Prepare the separated water in advance to add it to the aquarium if necessary. Do not put in an aquarium foreign objects, especially metal. They may scare pets, or release toxic substances into the water. Fish do not tolerate tobacco smoke, so in a room where there is a tank with living creatures, you can not smoke.
If the water becomes turbid, do not sound the alarm. Water clouding can cause outbreaks of beneficial bacteria, release of foreign matter into the water, or decomposition of dry food. Excretions of fish in large quantities also propagate organic matter, which is favorable for the growth of bacteria. Timely provide care to pets - clean the bottom of the aquarium with a siphon, monitor the condition of the filter.
Feeding, lighting, water change
Feeding is an important aspect, without which fish care is impossible. Feed pets should be 1-2 times a day, and once a week arrange a fasting day without food. Malkov need to feed more often - 4-5 times a day. The amount of feed depends on the type. Big fish should get more feed, small - less. For 2-3 minutes, pets should eat all the amount of feed received. Overfeeding is harmful to the digestive system.
See how to properly feed dry fish aquarium fish.
What feeds do aquarium fish prefer? Freshwater species unpretentious. To provide them with timely care, do not give a lot of food, otherwise there will be a lot of waste too. Live food in frozen form, dry can be given in certain proportions. Dry feeds are made on the basis of daphnia crustaceans. Live food is usually caught in natural water bodies - it is a bloodworm, a tubule, a corret. Make sure that the fish living in the upper layers of the water, do not take all the food from those who swim at the bottom.
Lighting - another necessary detail, which provides full care for the fish. Many aquatic organisms do not need additional lighting, they need enough daylight and indoor light. However, some need and night lights from LB lamps. The optimal backlight power is 0.5 watts per liter of water. Also consider the depth of the tank, its area, the nature of fish and plants. Residents of the depths are not very fond of a large amount of diffused light.
When the water evaporates and becomes polluted, periodically it has to be refilled. Usually one third of the total volume of water is added. Water parameters should be similar to the water in the aquarium. Changes in the composition of the detrimental effect on the health of pets (it is important to know the water temperature, salt composition, gas composition).
Full replacement of water is made in extreme cases - if all the fish in the aquarium died from an outbreak of the disease, if fungal mucus appeared in the aquarium, water flourishes rapidly, the soil is heavily polluted. But the plants are quickly damaged by the complete replacement of water - they become discolored, the leaves fall off. If you maintain a constant biological balance within the mini-ecosystem, then all aquarium inhabitants will be healthy. Properly selected appliances and living conditions will ensure quality life and care.
How to care for fish in an aquarium :: aquarium fish and care for them :: aquarium fish
How to care for fish in an aquarium
The need for careful and systematic care of the aquarium and the fish living in it is obvious: feeding animals, periodically changing the water, cleaning the aquarium, inspecting it and checking the operation of the equipment necessary to keep the fish in the water. But that is not all!
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
One of the most popular aquarium fish are golden fish. At first glance it may seem that these fish are unpretentious in the care, but it is not. If the care of them is inadequate, then they will live only 3-4 days. Since goldfish grow in length up to 15 cm, then the aquarium should be selected appropriate: its capacity should be at least 50 liters per fish. For the proper maintenance of these animals, an appropriate soil is needed: the fact is that these fish simply love to rummage in the soil. Plants for such an aquarium need to pick up large-leaved, but you need to be prepared for the fact that exotic fish quickly spoil them with their feces. The aquarium itself should be spacious, bright. Do not forget about the appropriate coverage and filtering. Goldfish are gentle creatures, so you should avoid shells with sharp sides.
These fish will not cause much trouble in their content - they are not picky. Guppies live and breed at a water temperature of + 20-25 ° C, but they may feel fine even at + 18 ° C. In order for the fish not to lose their color, you need to put the aquarium so that in the daytime and in the evening direct sunlight falls on it. It should be borne in mind that guppies do not like polluted water, preferring that its replacement be partial. Guppies easily get along with other non-predatory fish, preferring the top layer of water space. These fishes swim in flocks one after another. The food for these cute creatures is dry daphnia, as they are not picky about food. For keeping guppies suitable aquarium in 50 liters.
These fish, if necessary, can breathe atmospheric air, so care for them will not cause any special problems. The cockerel can grow up to 7 cm. Males have magnificent fins, while females are not developed. For the maintenance of cockerels, you must purchase an aquarium from 60 liters. As the soil you need to use coarse sand, small and large pebbles. Soil must be decontaminated. The central part of the aquarium should be free from plants: the entire aquarium flora is located on the sides. It is recommended to add a little decorative snags and pebbles to the bottom. Everything is pre-processed. Food for cockerels plays a big role in the brightness of their color. For example, dry food, suitable for the same guppy, for males will be a real poison! Therefore, the diet of these fish should include only live food, egg yolk, small pieces of meat.
Proper care of the aquarium
Aquarian small fishes are a fine opportunity to create a small corner of wildlife in the house. The aquarium looks spectacular and beautiful. Fish do not require special care, but they bring great aesthetic pleasure.
How to choose an aquarium
Buying an aquarium is the very first step towards creating a living corner.
- The shape and size of the device is very important. A good aquarium does not interfere at home and guarantees comfort. In addition, he must ensure the normal existence of the fish.
- When buying it is necessary to take into account that in large tanks the water stays clean longer. Care for a large aquarium is required less frequently.
- Aquarium should be selected according to the size and number of fish. If you want to contemplate large fish, then you need to make a big house for them.
- Landscaping aquarium also requires a thoughtful approach. It is possible to decorate a house reservoir with soil, algae, stones and various figures.
- The shape of the aquarium should provide convenient cleaning.
Caring for fish in an aquarium includes the following regular activities:
- keeping the aquarium clean;
- timely partial renewal of water (in a small aquarium - once a week, in a large one - once a month);
- the inner surface of the aquarium should be cleaned with a special scraper;
- the ground must be in good condition.
These are the basic principles of fish care in an aquarium. Water quality is important. In the course of their life, the fish emit harmful substances. Some of them recycle plants. But a surplus of bad components still accumulates. Поэтому правила ухода за аквариумом надо соблюдать.
Свежая вода для рыб требует предварительной подготовки:
- она должна иметь такую же жесткость и температуру, что и вода в аквариуме;
- it must first be defended and filtered to remove chlorine from the water supply. Instead of settling, you can use special conditioners (for example, AQUAYER AntiToxin Vita);
- regular maintenance of water in the aquarium ensures the creation of a favorable environment for fish;
- water must be saturated with oxygen.
How else can you maintain the purity of the aquatic environment
Caring for the aquarium provide antsistrusy. These are bottom fishes - "attendants". It is equally important to place plants that purify water. They should be positioned so that they do not impede the free movement of fish. The same applies to snags, mini-rocks and decorations.
From plants it is better to choose simple and unpretentious plants. It can be perististostniki and krugolistniki, which perfectly purify water from turbidity. It is not recommended to plant rare plants in your first aquarium. The rules for caring for an aquarium include taking care of plants. Each of them needs special conditions. Failure to comply with certain requirements, they die.
Caring for a home aquarium should include cleaning artificial figurines. They form plaque that must be cleaned. This is done when replacing water.
Care of a new aquarium
The main requirement is to form the microclimate necessary for the fish. Experts recommend running fish into a new "home" only after a week. However, the process can be accelerated using special capsules with microflora (biokorin, biostarter).
If you have a working aquarium, soak a sponge in the water and squeeze it into a new aquarium. You can just pour a few liters of water. In this embodiment, the water must be defended in just 2 days. Caring for a new aquarium involves, above all, the preparation of water and the formation of the internal climate.
How to run animals in the aquarium? It is enough to pour water with the fish into a new container. The rules for caring for the aquarium do not allow a sharp temperature drop. You should warm the water with the fish to room temperature, and then run them into the home aquarium.
Daily care for aquarium fish
Fish do not need excessive care. Caring for them is very simple. That is why many parents prefer to buy their children fish. Enough to remember about feeding fish.
Remains of food floating on the surface of the water should be collected with a net. This is done 20 minutes after feeding. Fishes should be fed in the morning and evening. They are prone to overeating. This leads to their death. Therefore, do not feed them too much.
Peculiarities of fish species are important
If you are going to purchase aquarium fish, before you buy, be sure to learn the features of those or other species. Many here depend on the type of fish. Therefore, you need to know the features of the fish you are going to buy. Most fish need warm water. The temperature in the aquarium should be for some fish ranging from 19 to 22 degrees for others from 22 to 28 degrees. When caring for an aquarium, do not forget about the optimal conditions of the fish. Most of them do not tolerate sudden changes in temperature. However, there are exceptions. Do not place fish with different temperature requirements in the same container. For example, gold fishes need to maintain 21 degrees.
Proper care of the aquarium should take into account the peculiarities of behavior in the flock. Some fish require a high aquarium, such as an angelfish. In addition, these fish lodge in pairs. Choosing a fish, you should consider all these nuances. If you have aquarium fish at home, caring for them will not be a big hassle.
How to eliminate water turbidity
turbidity of water
Caring for an aquarium includes monitoring the ground. If the water is cloudy, this is a sign of careless handling of the ground. The opacities usually disappear after time.
Light turbidity can be caused by unicellular and bacteria. They can significantly spoil the look of a homely pond. In this case, they must get rid of. How to care for fish in an aquarium in this version? It is necessary to clean it. It is required to remove silt. Fish can not feed about 3 days. In addition, it is necessary to partially replace the water.
Also helps the aeration of water. It will be useful for breathing fish. If the water in the aquarium quickly becomes cloudy, you can put a piece of copper wire there. Sometimes the color change of the water is due to the colored feed.
How to care for the aquarium and for the fish. And what is needed for them
DEVICE AQUARIUM AND CARE
For the maintenance of a small flock of these fish is quite suitable for the smallest aquarium. For example, in the fifties, the author successfully arranged his fish in a 5 liter glass jar. At the bottom of such an improvised aquarium there was a well-digested peat crumb, emphasizing the bright color of the fish, and a bunch of peristristum or water moss was planted. No aeration or heating was not. Ordinary neons do not need large amounts of oxygen and live well at normal room temperature, even in winter. Water was replaced at the rate of 15 - 20 percent of the volume of the can once a week.
Amazing in their vibrant beauty, T. Amano’s aquariums, ranging in volume from one to several thousand liters, presented at international exhibitions, in books and magazines published by him (Aqua Jornal, Do! Aqua, Suikei), are populated primarily by neons and small characters, which the world is also called tetras. Thus, T. Amano gave, as they say, a second wind to the aquarium hobby.
When designing an aquarium for neons and small haracinids, it is necessary to ensure areas free from plants, where they are often gathered in flocks. At the bottom of the ground is laid dark tones of coarse sand or small pebbles. To enhance the color of the fish, it is possible to lay a thin layer of boiled peat crumb on the surface of the sand or treat the soil for 2 to 3 days with a kind of stain in the form of a dark red solution of potassium permanganate, and then rinse well. By the way, both of the last actions favorably affect the growth of plants. Snags, stones and background are selected in accordance with the aesthetic views of the amateur (see books - "Aquarium. Device, design and care" and "World of water plants").
An aquarium with a large collection of neons and other small characteristic shapes, as well as tasteful water plants, looks very decorative and pleasing to the eye. With regard to the composition of water, most species are not demanding, however, preference is still given to water of medium hardness with a neutral reaction (pH 6.8 - 7.2) and a temperature of 23 - 25 degrees. The unpretentiousness and peacefulness of neons makes it possible to keep them in a common aquarium in the company of calm non-aggressive fish, such as rasbor, small barbs and dwarf cichlids, without problems. Fish are omnivorous and feed on almost any kind of dry, live and cooked feed. Aquatic plants do not damage, moreover, some species, such as petsilobrikony, are considered to be a kind of orderlies in the aquarium, helping to keep it clean and tidy. Sample menu for haratsinids (including for neons) for the week: live daphnia, enkhitreus, live cyclo or daphnia, white bread, bloodworm, semolina porridge, dry food.
As mentioned above, the overwhelming majority of blue, black, green neons and small characters deliver to the international market razvodchiki Southeast Asia. Nevertheless, even divorced fish, not to mention wild red and turquoise neons from Brazil and Colombia, as well as other rarities caught in natural waters, need to be carefully quarantined. Fortunately, these fish easily and without any problems tolerate almost any kind of medicinal and prophylactic drugs.
How to care for aquarium fish?
At least once every 3 weeks to change the water, it is better to plant snails, or buy a filter to clean the water. Even better to buy a backlight for fish, they like the light, the scenery will only decorate your aquarium. Once a month, give vitamins, so that the fish live longer and feel great, feed once a day, preferably small ready-made food. You also need to buy a fish net for you to wash the aquarium easily. Well, in principle, and everything, you can still sketch pebbles there, it will only be a joy for them))) Good luck)
If you are recently engaged in aquarism, then surely these tips will be useful to you so that your hobby brings you some positive emotions, and new pets grow up healthy fun and bring joy.
In general, for the good life of the inhabitants of the aquarium you need quite a bit: food, clean water and a little attention. And all these "interior" delights in the form of fancy corals and shells are more necessary for a person to decorate his life, which, however, is also not bad.
The first and most important thing that makes care for aquarium fish is the timely replacement of water. The main cause of the disease of fish - poor quality water. If your pets have become bad to eat and keep near the bottom, then this is a signal that it is time to change the water.
Unfortunately, our tap water quality is not very good, so we cannot do without a filter. And the filter itself must also be periodically cleaned of dirt. Also, to improve the chemical composition and quality of water, there are special chemical additives and beneficial bacteria, which you will be advised about in more detail in the store.
The basic rule of feeding fish is not to overfeed. You will be warned about this in any store. The fish are cold-blooded and they need less food than us. Modern food has a well-balanced composition of nutrients and vitamins. Therefore, simply observe the regularity of feeding and do not throw excess food in the aquarium: the fish will not eat it, and the remnants of food will pollute the water. Growing fry should be fed twice a day, adult fish less often.
New fish hold some time separately, in quarantine, to make sure that it is healthy and does not pose a danger to other fish. Never catch fish with your hands, use a special net for this purpose. Firstly, it is very stressful for the fish, and secondly, it is possible to damage the mucous membrane.
For any aquarium you need a heater with a thermostat and a good light. For evening time it is recommended to choose a dim lighting, so that the transition to the dark is not sharp, so it will be more comfortable for the fish to “go to bed”.
To maintain the biological balance in the aquarium and for the fish itself (especially for digging rocks), the ground is simply necessary. It also breeds useful aquarium bacteria, grow plants.
Also remember that not all fish can coexist in the same aquarium, for example, predators can be kept only with predators.
Information on how to care for fish, on the compatibility of various types of fish and plants is in large quantities on the Internet and in specialized publications. There are clubs and amateur hobbyists.
Here are some rules for fish care:
1) Water change, every week.
2) Ground siphon every week.
3) Feed the fish twice a day with a variety of food.
4) Filter cleaning every week.
5) Cleaning the scenery every two weeks.
6) Medication according to instructions drip for the prevention of disease.
7) Plant fish only if they get along.
8) Must be lighting.
9) Good and comfortable temperature for certain fish.
10) There should also be a headset for the care of fish. These are nets of different sizes, medicines, ready-made feeds, spare bulbs, a spare compressor, a spare filter, another aquarium - a pit.
I hope that I helped you with my advice. I have an aquarium, so I know about it well.