Why did the water bloom (turned green)?
Have you ever heard that the water in the aquarium bloomed or turned green, and very quickly. What to do in this case? First, you need to find out the reason, and second, learn how to deal with it.
The reasons for the appearance of green water in the aquarium
Why is the water in the aquarium green? The reason is as follows: when blue-green algae reproduce, or euglena, to wait for the landscaping of the water. You should know that these algae are single-celled and they float on the surface of the water in the form of an invisible film. Euglena is an important part of the food chain of the underwater world, and under the necessary conditions (reduction of nutrients, carbon dioxide and oxygen, a wide range of temperature conditions), it is rapidly multiplying. It is not so easy to get rid of the flowering of water, given its sudden flashes. With strong light (green algae love it), with frequent renewal of water using chemicals, the biological filtration system of aquarium water gets lost, as a result of which euglena multiplies and grows.
How green algae appear in water - additional reasons
Blue-green algae like long-lasting lighting, more than 10-12 hours a day. This is another reason why the reservoir blooms. When you start a new aquarium, you should light it gradually, starting from 4 hours a day, increasing the number of daylight hours to 10 hours. Also, do not forget that with an excess of fertilizers for plants, the amount of phosphorus decreases. Plants grow poorly, and the water begins to turn green. That is why it is necessary to eliminate all the errors that are allowed when maintaining the aquarium:
- When starting the aquarium, the illumination is set up incorrectly, a large number of plants are planted;
Watch the video story about aquarium lighting.
- Frequent tank maintenance (water renewal, cleaning, aeration);
- Enhanced feeding of fish;
- High water temperature in the tank;
- Reverse cases - a rare care for the aquarium - not enough aeration, fresh water, no compressor.
Green turbidity of water - not a sentence
Why is water blooming not a sentence? If you know the main thing that "green" causes ammonia emitted by algae, everything will quickly fall into place. New, recently launched aquariums are sometimes not serviced correctly, which causes an incorrect nitrogen cycle. The first outbreak of euglena can lead to the fact that it will be difficult to get rid of it forever. To regulate the nitrogen cycle when starting the aquarium, turn on the light for only a couple of hours for 30 days, use the “old” water from the old aquarium and the used filter cartridge. This normalizes the nitrogen cycle.
There are more ways to get rid of algae. What to do:
- Use an ultraviolet sterilizer to help neutralize euglen. Once turned on, it will destroy algae cells with ultraviolet light.
See how to choose the right UV sterilizer.
- Install a diatom filter - an effective way when dealing with green algae.
- Turn off the light in time. This method controls the appearance of "green" water, and will save time and money on additional equipment. Cover the aquarium on time. Feed the fish and other inhabitants of the aquarium for 7 hours of daylight. Healthy plants can live in water for about a week without using light. After the procedure, you can change 30% of the water to fresh.
- The use of coagulants - small particles in a mechanical filter that removes flowering from a water tank.
- Destroys the blue-green algae granular activated carbon added to the filter. In the process of "treatment" the filter can be cleaned 1-2 times a week.
- The use of micro cartridges also blocks outbreaks of flowering.
- In certain cases, combine these methods while simultaneously applying filters and ultraviolet (as an example).
How to deal with fish, if the water turned green?
The disturbed biological balance of the aquatic environment quickly deteriorates the health of living beings living in it. There are good recommendations that are suitable for aquariums with small fish, where the water is green, and the plants are not planted deep in the ground. To prevent the fish from getting sick, the following procedures should be performed:
- send pets to other aquariums or tanks with clean water and similar composition of water; make sure the fish do not get sick;
- transplant plants into other containers, adding methylene blue to them - the dose can be found on the package;
- clean the aquarium from the old soil, and buy a new one, treat it from parasites;
- dispose of green water (pour it into drains);
- empty container should be washed, filled with new water, adding to it 1-2 teaspoons of soda, which will create alkali;
- leave the aquarium with soda for 24 hours;
- re-boil the aquarium snags, the grottoes and artificial decorations can be transplanted into the aquarium with soda, after treatment, rinse everything in running water;
- After the procedure, you can start the aquarium again.
What caused the bloom of water in aquariums?
Almost all aquarium lovers ask the same question: why is the water in the aquarium turning green? And although this phenomenon does not harm the inhabitants of the small underwater world, from the point of view of aesthetics, the aquarium view is spoiled. In addition, the green water in the aquarium will be disastrous dangerous for fish running directly from a clean pond.
We will try to figure out why water is blooming, and what to do about it.
Water blooms for various reasons, and therefore you need to have a general idea of all of them. So:
- First of all, improper lighting can spoil the water in the aquarium. This is due to the fact that the aquarist simply does not know the simplest rules of lighting. Water may bloom due to excessive lighting in the aquarium or due to improperly selected light mode for the season;
- also, the water in the aquarium may bloom due to pollution;
- finally, another reason for the bloom of water is improper feeding.
Often, beginning aquarists, because of ignorance of the key feeding rules, themselves provoke the fact that the water is green. This may be caused by a large amount of feed. Since the fish do not eat much at once, the remains of food settle to the bottom of the aquarium and begin to rot.
That is why the flowering of water in the aquarium. Accordingly, in order to prevent this, it is necessary not to make the listed errors. But what if the water in the aquarium has already become green?
Elimination of provoking factors
It is clear that you will need to clean the aquarium and change the water. True, you should not just constantly change the water. The fact is that the algae will only multiply more actively. But you also need to eliminate the cause. Above, we examined the main factors that cause water blooming. If these factors are established correctly, the following measures can be taken.
If the cause is lighting
Objectively speaking, the issue of lighting is solved even during the installation of the aquarium. But if this has not been done before, you can do the following. First, try to darken the aquarium slightly. Secondly, try to ensure the appropriate light mode for the season. This means that in the winter the underwater world should receive coverage about 10 hours a day, while in the summer it will take 12 hours;
If it's pollution
In this case, you need to quickly and efficiently clean the water. In this issue you can take into account several useful recommendations.
- So, you can run more daphnids alive. A little more means as much as your fish cannot eat at a time. The fact is that daphnias effectively deal with algae that fill the space under water;
- You can also purchase special drugs that are designed specifically for cases with green water. Such drugs are sold in almost all pet stores;
- An effective way would be to settle into the aquarium of such creatures who love to eat algae and, therefore, help in matters of water clarification. Such creatures include mollies, snails, shrimps, catfish;
- If soil contamination is observed, it should be thoroughly cleaned. At this time, the inhabitants of the aquarium should be transplanted into a different container;
- It is possible that the pollution is due to equipment malfunction, so it is worth checking its condition;
- They also recommend using a chemical cleaning method. Its essence lies in the fact that streptomycin powder dissolves in water, and the resulting solution is added to the aquarium. Do not be afraid, because this method is absolutely safe for fish;
- In addition, there are specially designed filters to eliminate green water. For example, there is a sterilizer that destroys algae with ultraviolet rays.
If contamination is caused by improper feeding
Everything is very simple here. If you have accurately determined that water is polluted due to improper feeding, then you need to carefully study the relevant instructions. To properly feed the fish, you will need to strictly follow the instructions of such instructions.
Thus, to eliminate the flowering of water in the aquarium is quite simple. But for this it is important to determine why this is happening.
How to get rid of green algae in an aquarium :: how to deal with greens in an aquarium :: Care and nurture
How to get rid of green algae in the aquarium
Many aquarists at least once, but faced the problem of fouling the aquarium with green algae. They easily adapt to different conditions and grow quickly. The sooner you start fighting them, the sooner you get rid of them.
The question "HOW baby to retrain to go to the tray (she is 4 months)?" - 3 answers
You will need
- - snails;
1. The most effective means of combating green algae is to reduce daylight hours to 6-8 hours. Also should reduce the brightness of the illuminating lamps.
2. Seaweed they do not like being touched or moved. It is therefore necessary as education to collect them siphon or wound on a stick. Increase the filter capacity so that a strong stream of water prevents the algae from settling. On the contrary, aeration should be reduced. Seaweed do not like a small amount of oxygen in the water. Also launch the plants floating on the surface of the aquarium - they will shade the algae.
3. Once you notice the green algae, change the water change mode to aquarium. Try to change 10-20% of water daily. So you will not let algae get used to the aquarium environment.
4. Pet shops sell special products for the prevention and control of green algae. But carefully read the label - they are harmful to some types of aquarium plants. Chemicals do not eliminate the cause of algae. They eliminate only the visible greens, but disputes still remain. If you need an emergency method of dealing with green algae, then these drugs are just for you. After these funds, conduct the above methods for a week for prevention.
If you can’t get rid of green algae, then as a cardinal method you can re-launch the aquarium. To do this, prepare a new distilled water. Wash the aquarium and all accessories with chlorine.
Some species of fish (catfish, mollies) eat green algae. They will save you from the greenery in those places where you find it difficult to reach. Snails that feed on algae and food debris can be an alternative to fish.
Before planting new plants in the aquarium, be sure to wash them in a special solution. It is prepared using a 5% bleach solution, which must be diluted with water at a ratio of 1:20.
The big problem is green bloom in the aquarium
A well-kept aquarium is a true pride of the aquarist and an excellent addition to the interior solution of the room. However, it happens that the aquarium almost captures green plaque. How to clean the aquarium from this scourge?
The emergence of a similar problem signals an imbalance of the ecosystem. At the same time, plaque can occur in different shades, and have a diverse dislocation. Before you decide to fight it, it is important to determine the true causes of the settlement of the disease algae in the depths of an artificial reservoir.
Green algae aquarium cleaning
If you find a patina of green color in an aquarium, then first of all you should pay attention to caring for it. If you do not clean and change water in time, then sooner or later you will definitely encounter a green tint of water and walls. This state of affairs can be deadly for the inhabitants.
Measures to clean the aquarium from green algae:
- Reduce the light intensity. Green algae grow favorably with excessive light, so limit the backlight time to 10 hours per day. Avoid direct sunlight, from which the water becomes even greener.
- Daily replacement of 15% water. Of course, this process will take a lot of time, but it is necessary to do so in order to preserve the ecosystem in a neglected aquarium. Water suited for this purpose is suitable for this.
After the algae visually disappeared, it is necessary to take measures to eliminate the source of water infection. The presence of plants will help you protect your water from uninvited "guests." It has been proven that the presence of flora favorably affects the cleanliness of the aquarium and the algae do not settle on the walls, decor, plants and soil. From this it follows that it is necessary to settle as many plants as possible, which will protect aqua.
It happens that algae go into the active phase even with a large number of plants. This suggests that the flora is in a disgusting state. Most often this means that the plants do not receive the necessary trace elements. The first nutrient deficiency causes insufficient nutrition. That is why experienced aquarists know how important it is to apply fertilizer to the soil.
Be careful when choosing a fertilizer. Since in the struggle for the popularity of zoological fish, many manufacturers proudly declare the absence of nitrates and phosphates in their products. Thus, they are trying to convey that they have excluded those products that cause the growth of algae. But, on the other hand, these macronutrients are incredibly important for maintaining harmony in the ecosystem. Most novice breeders diligently choose phosphate-free products and only make things worse, without knowing it. In fact, nitrates and phosphates are the main food for plants.
If you believe the statistics, then more than 80% of the problems associated with the lack of these elements. Unfortunately, this can only be learned in a critical situation, when plants stop growing, and algae overwhelm all the space, walls, soil and scenery begin to sink in a green patina.
Varieties of popular algae
Of course, you should not equate all the algae. For each species there are different types of struggle. Sometimes it happens that the conditions optimal for eliminating one algae act with the opposite effect on another. You can often hear about the appearance of filamentous algae.
Types of nitchatka:
- Edogonium. At the very beginning it can be compared with the green fluff that appears on all horizontal surfaces. Appears mainly due to the lack of nutritional macronutrients. To eliminate it, it is necessary to introduce the missing nitrates and phosphates into the soil. With the emergency treatment of the aquarium in the initial stage, recovery occurs within a week. For a running case, use additionally AQUAYER Algo Shock. In order to prevent reappearance, hook up algae (shrimp or fish) to your pets.
- Kladofora. Algae is like a thread with branched structure. Kladofora appears even in those aquariums, where systematically apply fertilizer. The most common cause of its occurrence is poor circulation of water, the presence of zones of stagnation. Most often, they eliminate it physically, that is, by cleaning the aquarium with their hands. To kill the spores, add Algo Shock carefully following the instructions.
- Spirogyra. The main problem is that plants are not able to cope with it. For a couple of days, it can cover the entire aquarium, including the walls. If you touch the thread of spirogyra, it is very slippery and thin, easily pounded between the fingers. The only way to fight - making AQUAYER Algo Shock. It is important to mechanically clean the aquarium from the appearance of new threads. Try to scrape it from there as often as possible. It is important to limit the coverage, as this is the main reason for its appearance. It will not be superfluous to establish an algae fish for prevention.
- Rizoklonium. The main reason for the appearance - the wrong start of the aquarium. In it, as a rule, the nitrogen cycle does not have time to be established, which leads to an increase in the level of ammonium. Set the nitrogen cycle and algae disappear by themselves. Substitute ½ water every week. In extreme cases, you can use the drug AQUAYER Algicide + CO2, but this is not necessary.
Green coating on the walls
Green plaque that forms on the walls is called xenokakus. Because of it, the walls and decorations are covered with an unpleasant shade.Xenokocus multiplies under the influence of excess light, so most often this problem occurs in aquariums with excessive lighting. Limit light output to 5 watts per liter of water.
The second most important reason can be considered a lack of oxygen or more jumps in performance during the day. If this is not your first time encountering this problem, then consider buying an H type controller. However, it is hardly possible to protect oneself from this phenomenon forever, but it is quite realistic to slow down.
Prevention in the appearance of green plaque:
- Oxygen regulation;
- Lighting limit up to 8 hours;
- Decrease light intensity;
- Establishment of snails of theodox, fiz, coils, antsistrusov and ototsynklyusov.
To resort to chemical means to clean the aquarium is not recommended only if the situation becomes threatening to all inhabitants.
How to get rid of greenery in an aquarium :: how to remove green bloom in an aquarium :: Fish aquarium
How to get rid of greenery in the aquarium
Beautiful aquarium is a true decoration of any apartment. But if you do not take care of him or disturb biological balance with inept actions, all beauty disappears. Glass overgrown, water can turn green from the rapid development of single-celled algae. How in this case to restore the broken balance?
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. The rapid development of algae, which cause water to bloom, occurs when the aquarium has a bright light, high temperature and high nutrient content in the water. The reason for the latter is often the use of too much dry food - the inhabitants of the aquarium do not have time to eat everything and, as a result, the remains rot and decompose.
2. Faced with the bloom of water, do not try to clean it by partial substitution. When adding fresh water, you bring mineral substances into the aquarium and the algae you need; as a result, the flowering of the water only increases.
3. To restore disturbed biological balance, turn off the aquarium lighting. If it is located close to the window, hang the window, protecting the aquarium from direct sunlight. Stop feeding the fish - a week-long hunger strike will not only hurt them, but on the contrary, will benefit. Let the aeration work, the oxygen entering the water will accelerate the oxidation of the decay products of feed and purification of water. Remove trash from the bottom using the siphon. During the week you will be able to restore the normal mode of the aquarium.
4. One of the ways to combat blooming water is to use daphnia. Run into the aquarium a large number of crustaceans - enough that the fish did not have time to eat them immediately. Single-celled algae are food for daphnids; during the day, water in aquarium will become clean. This method requires a good aeration of the aquarium - otherwise daphnids may die, which will only increase flowering.
5. The indirect reason for the rapid development of algae is a small number of plants in aquarium. When there are many plants, they actively absorb minerals, as a result, algae for their rapid development are not enough.
6. Even in a normally functioning aquarium the walls are gradually covered with a thin green patina. Clean this coating with a razor blade scraper. If the patina is brown, this indicates a lack of coverage of the aquarium. The back wall of the aquarium can not be cleaned.
How to prepare aquarium water
Green water in the aquarium. Why is the water in the aquarium green? # Green water in the aquarium
How to make the aquarium not turn green ????
two goldfish and one angel in a 30 liter aquarium ?? ? you have poor
let's take a little look at your glass became green or water ?? ?
If the glass is blue-green algae. At its core, it is not algae, but bacteria. Most often appear in the water, rich in alkali, as well as when it contains a large amount of organic substances. Such algae look like slippery mucus, which is easily separated from the affected objects, is usually dark in color. From them, the water gets an unpleasant marsh smell. The blue-green algae themselves are very toxic for both plants and fish.
Ways of struggle: These algae harm the plants, shielding them from light. Solid dark blue-green film can be easily removed with a net or siphon. Unstressed algae decompose in partial dieback, causing an unpleasant smell and toxicity of water, which can be dangerous not only for plants, but also for fish. In addition, there is a chemical way to fight Aglitsyda, ask on the shelves of pet stores in your city. There are no biological ways to combat this infection. (((
If the water turns green, it is because of the excessively bright color in the aquarium and the presence of a large amount of nutrients in the aquarium water leads to the fact that the water turns green. This indicates the appearance in the water column of various algae, which can cover the surrounding objects with a rather thick layer if they are not dealt with. To get rid of green water, it is sometimes enough to clean the aquarium, change the water and reduce the degree of illumination, or turn off the light altogether not only at night, but for a few days. Living daphnids are very effectively fighting with green water. True, with the fish from the aquarium have to be deposited. Chemically, I’m not struggling with them at all, just brushing aquas. There is also an ultraviolet sterilizer that kills all small organisms in the water (it does not affect fish or other animals in an aquarium), but I have never seen such a volume.
And how do they survive in this punishment cell? For me, to change the fish for something smaller, such as gupi, neon, danios in the end, to plant plants, run snails. + To this, shorten the daylight hours, you can not even turn on the lights for a couple of days and put the fish on a diet.
If the aquas stands where direct sunlight hits it, then you need to rearrange it in the shade. Buy and plant live aquatic plants - they are competitors to algae. If you plant artificial, then the sense of them is zero, both green and green. Lighting 8-10 hours a day.
And for your set of fish such an aquarium is small, do not torment the animal. Elena Voronina advises you right here.
In my experience, snails and all somiki really do not clean off anything, only for the other fish they eat up.
How to get rid of the constant green plaque on the walls of the aquarium?
Cyanophyta blue-green algae are colonial or filamentous multicellular organisms. They have a characteristic color due to phycocyan pigment, which gives them a blackish, bluish or brownish color. Many species have a mucous coating. Blue-green algae usually settle on the bottom of an aquarium, then rise higher, covering the walls and plants with a thick mucous layer. An unpleasant smell appears in the aquarium. Sometimes they form a floating form of short hairs from 1 to 3 mm long. The reasons for the active reproduction of these algae are an excess of mineral and, above all, nitrogen-containing compounds, low redox potential, excess fertilizer. The development of these algae occurs under intense light. Often, blue-green algae infect new aquariums, which is associated with insufficient assimilation capacity of higher plants after transplantation.
Green algae deposits on glasses, instruments and plants are usually harmless if the algae have not multiplied too much. As a rule, simply clean the front glass of the aquarium with a scraper. To destroy the algae from the byproduct, you can put fish that eat them into the aquarium (for example, a certain number of live-bearing tooth-like ones). It also helps to temporarily dim the aquarium, protection from strong sunlight or (with too much artificial light) to install a weaker lamp.
But the appearance of brown algae is usually a sign that the aquarium is too weakly lit. Brown algae most often appear in the winter months with a lack of artificial lighting in the aquarium; in the spring they disappear. There are, however, other reasons for the mass reproduction of brown algae. The means of dealing with them is to remove the scraper and enhance the lighting of the aquarium.
It is necessary to have catfish Ancistrus, their main feed, bloom of algae on the walls, stones, etc.
Quote: "Absolutely unpretentious fish as to the conditions of detention, and to the conditions of breeding. Although in natural conditions antsistrusy live in soft, slightly acidic water, nevertheless, in aquariums, they easily adapt to life in hard and even very hard water. For example, Often contain in aquariums with African cichlids, which require highly hard and alkaline water for life. Peaceful fishes, being natural-born vegetarians, only deal with their internal relationships and completely ignore other aquariums of all types of food, they prefer soft and gentle green algae, which often overgrow with light from the glass of the aquarium.When moving around the glasses and plants in jerky movements, they are constantly looking for overgrown with algae stones, snags, wide leaves of aquatic plants and other decorative objects to which they immediately stick to the mouth and begin to scrape off their favorite delicacy. However, it should be noted that antsistrus still prefer a certain kind of algae and therefore are universal cleaners. Nevertheless, however, a pair of young Antsistrusov is able to clean even a five hundred-liter aquarium per day to a mirror shine. For the owner of the aquarium, this is doubly pleasant because the antsistrus not only cleans easily accessible glass, but also all sorts of poorly cleanable stones that would otherwise have to be removed from the aquarium and cleaned with a brush. They like various shelters, slots, ceramic tubes, etc. The greatest activity usually occurs with the onset of the evening or with a sharp decrease in atmospheric pressure. They like clean, oxygenated water, in the aquarium they try to keep on flowing. Very popular are various snags, the fact is that snags in an aquarium are gradually covered with a layer of organic mucus, all sorts of planktonic microorganisms, rotifers, bryozoans, and for ancistrus it is a real delicacy. Males usually occupy the most attractive cave, from their point of view, or the gap between the stones and try to keep close to it, driving away possible competitors. "
usually need snails and a good filter! so that it fits your tank (filter size per liter of tank) if it is, then it can be rinsed more often. Clean the aquarium more often. and by the way, do not take somics, then they are more waste than good-cleaner! and even if it is not possible to clean it often in time (in general, once every 2-3 weeks) - buy a scraper for an aquarium! There is in any store for animals! about 50-100 rubles =)