Aquarium decoration - how to stick a film on the aquarium
It happens that an aquarist carefully selects all the details of his reservoir, gets the best fish and plants interesting plants, but he still doesn’t look complete. The reason lies in the absence of the main background.
A non-idea element can transform an aquarium beyond recognition. Unlike most decorative elements, it is attached from the outside and helps to cover all the equipment and unattractive wires. The ideal is the background, which is in harmony with the decoration of the reservoir and forms a single ensemble. There are several types of decorative backgrounds, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Types of decorative backgrounds
- The first and most interesting way - painting the back wall. Thus, you will transform your aquarium, make it original and unique. If you have the skills or patience, you can transfer the necessary image on the glass. However, it is worth realistically assess their capabilities. The drawing that you will apply to the aquarium will be very problematic to wash, because stained glass paints firmly enough on the glass. You can entrust this business to the master, but you can get by in a more budgetary way, for example, glue the background film.
- The most expensive option are dioramas and panos. You can buy them, or you can create them yourself. In this case, you can make an authoring panel that will fully satisfy your needs. This will require stones, snags, shells and other decorations to your taste. All this is filled with foam. Beauty and originality are provided to you, provided that you do not need to glue anything.
- For lovers of flora a great idea would be to create a background of living plants. For the plants to look organic and grow properly, you will need a metal mesh, fishing line and moss. Between the two nets is placed a layer of moss, which will then grow and occupy the whole space. However, this background must be cut, because it can grow far beyond what is permitted. If the moss does not seem beautiful to you, or you do not want to use it for other reasons, you can plant bindweed or plants that form dense thickets.
- Scenery-background is located directly inside the aquarium. The truth takes a lot of space and is difficult to maintain. If it is made too prominent, then silt, dirt, and microbes can become clogged in the grooves. Take care of safely removing it from the aquarium, because it will often have to get to clean the algae.
- Background film is the most common option for decorating the back wall. It's all about the availability and ease of execution. It can be found in any pet store and choose the picture to your taste. Of course, it is better to follow the marine theme with aquatic plants, corals and fish. Such a picture is not expensive, so it can be changed quite often, updating the scenery of the fish. If the proposed pictures do not suit you, then contact your nearest photo studio, where you will print the background from your chosen picture from the Internet.
Choosing a background, it is worth thinking about its installation. The simplest and most understandable is the last option.
How to glue the film on the background of the aquarium
Today there are two types of films: the usual decorative and self-adhesive. In the first case, you will have to try to fix it on the wall of the aquarium, and buy the necessary adhesive elements (tape, glycerin or sealant).
The order of work:
- Thoroughly clean the surface of all dirt and polish it.
- If you choose to glue the film on the tape, then stop your choice on the picture, which is somewhat larger than the area of the back wall. First, attach the background to the aquarium from the top and secure with tape. Smooth the picture, and attach the side and bottom.
- Another way - gluing on glycerin, which is sold in all pharmacies. Mineral oil can be used instead. Attach one edge to the tape so that the film does not move, and gradually apply a sticky paste to the glass with a brush. Remove any air bubbles with a spatula, plastic card or ruler. For reliability, secure the edges with small strips of tape.
- For dense backgrounds, it is better to give preference to a transparent sealant. It ideally clings with glass and allows it to last longer for color.
Secrets of the work
First of all, pay attention to dust. Because of it, bubbles can form on the film, which can catch the eye and spoil the whole look of the aquarium. A big minus will be the shadow of this dust when you turn on the backlight. Therefore, care must be taken to keep the back wall clean. Before you glue the film, you must carefully spray the water around the place of work so that the dust does not fly around you.
Assistant in cleaning the glass will be a soap solution and a spray. Spray the soap solution onto the glass and wash the surface thoroughly. Some aquarists manage to glue the film on the soap solution, but to achieve a thorough fit and the absence of divorce is almost impossible.
Thus, it is easy to stick a film on the aquarium. It is easy to manipulate, so you can glue one today, and tomorrow a friend, changing the interior of the aquarium at your discretion.
How to stick an aquarium background :: a background for an aquarium pictures :: Equipment and accessories
Tip 1: How to stick the background of the aquarium
Decorate a home aquarium can be in different ways. One option is to glue a decorative plastic background on the back wall aquarium. If you purchased a background without a special adhesive layer, you can attach it using the following techniques.
You will need
- Decorative background;
- putty knife;
- silicone sealant.
1. Regardless of how you will fix the background decoration, you must first clean the glass surface aquarium. This can be done with the help of a sponge for washing dishes and means for cleaning glasses. Carefully wipe the glass, removing dust and stains.
2. The easiest option is to stick a flexible background to the back wall. aquarium pieces of scotch. The background image needs to be bought with a margin. It should be more from all sides by a few centimeters. At home, you can trim the background to the desired size with scissors. Attach the background to the aquarium and align it with the top edge. First secure with tape the upper part. background. And then, gently smoothing the background, glue on the sides and bottom. This method of attachment has a drawback. Accidentally water droplets may fall into the space between the background and the wall. aquarium. In humid places, the background will be stronger against the glass. This will degrade the visual perception. aquarium.
3. A more reliable way to secure a flexible background is to stick it with glycerin. You can buy it in a pharmacy. Instead of glycerin, you can take any mineral oil. Take the background and tape it over one edge. Apply glycerin to the back wall. aquarium. For these purposes, you can use a brush, but it is better to apply glycerin with your hands, as the brush can leave dust and lint. On the smeared wall, begin to gradually impose a background. Using a spatula, smooth out irregularities and expel air bubbles from under background. The spatula can be replaced with a plastic card. Wipe away excess glycerin at the edges with a dry cloth. At the end of the procedure, secure the remaining edges. background scotch tape
4. A background of a more dense material can be pasted on the inner surface. aquarium using silicone sealant. Such a background will for a long time preserve the richness of colors due to its inertness to water. For its connection with the glass sealant is ideal for sizing aquariums.
Tip 2: How to glue the background to the wall of the aquarium
Aquarium - a piece of wildlife in your home. The aesthetics of its design is of great importance. Nice background aquarium can advantageously complete the design of a living corner and successfully fit into the interior.
You will need
- photocomposition, sponges and cleaning products for glass, adhesive tape.
1. As a rule background determines the overall impression of the design of everything aquarium. To date, the use of photocompositions is considered the most popular and common method of design. They are made on a solid film with the image of various kinds of underwater landscapes - stones, algae, branched coals, etc.
2. After selecting and purchasing the photo composition you like, you can proceed to the design. backgroundand in the aquarium. First, thoroughly clean the rear window of dirt and dust. This can be done with a sponge and glass cleaner.
3. Then let the glass dry out and apply a special glue on it. A suitable brand of glue will help you find in any pet store. Apply the adhesive strictly over the entire surface of the glass. Do not forget to more thoroughly lubricate the corners so that during operation the film does not peel off or deform. Make it a special spatula, which is provided in a set with glue.
4. Take a pre-fitted size background, gently attach to the back wall aquariumSmooth it over the entire surface with precise and fast movements.
5. Do not worry if background I did not lay down exactly at the first attempt. You can repeat the whole procedure again, peeling it off and aligning it. After background it will be glued, expel air bubbles with a spatula and smooth out small folds. Do this slowly, moving from center to edge.
6. Glue, which appears on the edges, carefully remove with a sponge. After this seal background scotch tape around the perimeter. Everything. The procedure is over. Mount the aquarium and run there your favorite fish.
How to glue the background to the aquarium. Video instruction. Registration.
How to glue the background to the aquarium.
How to stick aquarium background on glycerin
Aquaria RB №28 (sticking background)
Aquarium 150 liters. prepare for launch by sticking glycerin background.Sticking background glycerin.
The background in the aquarium part2
sticking the aquarium, terason
3D Background for the aquarium for 1000 rubles with your own hands
Tell me who can. How to properly paste the background on the back wall of the aquarium? (well, this film with a picture)
If the film (background) is wetted with water and applied to glass, the background colors will be unnaturally bright - a sort of “spilled-raspberry”. It is better to do this: adjust the size of the background to the size of the rear window, and then cut strips of transparent tape, 6 inches in length, apply a half of the strip (3 cm) to the background, and the remaining part to the side glass. Then also done from the opposite side with the same six-centimeter strip, attaching it to the background and to the other side wall. Please note: the film must be tightly stretched with tape over all 4 corners so that it does not arch in the direction opposite to the aquarium.
Keep in mind that water entering between the background and the glass causes unnaturally bright spots on the rear window. The presence of the background requires care for the inner surface of the rear window of the aquarium. This care consists of systematically cleaning it with a special magnetic trowel or thin blade scraper. If there is no proper care for the rear window, then it is better to use black paper instead of the background, or choose a background depicting a piece of rock, etc.
Dark beer or water. Clean the surface of the aquarium and background film sprinkled with water (or beer) from a spray bottle. Pasting to level an accumulation of air with a towel or the rubber rubber roller. Method as when wallpapering.
On the perimeter of the pasted film background glue tape - this will not allow the liquid to dry and does not get air, respectively, the background will hold close to the glass.
Also, the background can be glued inside the aquarium, I have not tried it personally.
P.s. Forgot to add. B used a thick sheet of velvet paper of bright green color glued with scotch as a background. It looked great. It used to be on sale in the office for fakes and applications. Now I do not go. But there were film backgrounds. Personally, I was bundled with an aquarium. That took advantage ...