Properly feed the fish - moderately and not often
One of the first questions that people ask sellers of aquarium fish - and how to feed them correctly? You may think that this is a simple question, but far from it. Of course, if you do not want to bother yourself, you can just throw a few flakes into the aquarium, but if you want your fish to be healthy, play with all the colors of the rainbow and delight you, then we will tell you how to properly feed the aquarium fish.
How much to feed the fish?
I would say that the majority of aquarists feed their fish correctly, but too often they have to see how over-feeding turns the jar into a foul-smelling swamp or fish that is so overwhelmed that they forget how to swim.
And it is easy to understand why this is happening. There is no specific standard, and feeding fish may not be an easy task for a beginner. The fact is that with the fish, we most interact during feeding. And so you want to feed them a little bit more.
And a novice aquarist feeds the fish, every time he sees that they are lonely asking for feed from the front glass. And most of the fish will ask for food even when they are about to burst (this applies especially to cichlids), and it is so hard to understand when it is already enough.
And yet - how often do you need and how many times to feed aquarium fish? Fish should be fed 1-2 times a day (for adult fish, fry and adolescents should be fed much more often), and with the amount of food that they eat in 2-3 minutes. Ideally, no food would get to the bottom (but do not forget to feed catfish separately). We will immediately agree that we are not talking about herbivores, for example, ancistrus or brocade catfish. These eat almost around the clock, scraping algae. And do not worry, it is not necessary to carefully monitor each time if they ate, just a couple of times a week look.
Why is it so important not to overfeed the fish? The fact is that overfeeding negatively affects the state of the aquarium. Food falls to the bottom, gets into the ground, rots and starts to spoil the water, while serving as a nutrient base for harmful algae.
At the same time in the water accumulate nitrates and ammonia, which poison the fish and plants.
Dirty, algae-covered aquariums with sick fish are often the result of overfeeding and dirty water.
What to feed?
So, how to feed, we figured out ... And what to feed aquarium fish?
All feed for aquarium fish can be divided into four groups - branded, frozen, live food and vegetable food.
If you want to keep a healthy fish with a beautiful color, it is better to feed all kinds of these feeds. Of course, some fish can eat only live food, others only vegetable. But for ordinary fish, the ideal diet consists of branded feeds, regular feeding with live feeds, and not regular plant foods.
Branded feed - provided that you buy real ones, and not fake, can be the basis of the diet for most fish. Modern branded food for fish, contain all the necessary substances, vitamins and minerals, so that the fish was healthy. To buy such food is no longer a problem, and the choice is huge.
Separately, I will note the so-called dry food - dried gammarus, cyclops and daphnia. Extremely bad feeding option for any fish. Does not contain nutrients, poorly digested, allergen for people.
But do not use dry food - dried daphnia, there are almost no nutrients in it, fish suffer from stomach diseases and grow poorly!
Branded food - flakes, granules, pellets
Live food - one of the best fish feeds that need to be fed fish regularly. It is not necessary to feed the same species all the time, alternate, because fish loves diversity. Of the most common live food - bloodworm, tubule, koretra. But it also has serious drawbacks - you can bring diseases, poison the fish with poor-quality food, and you can’t carry out the bloodworm too often, it doesn’t digest the fish well. The simplest disinfection of live food is freezing, which kills some of the nastiness in it.
Frozen feed - for some, live food can be unpleasant, and women do not welcome the swarming worms in the refrigerator ... Therefore, there is an excellent alternative - frozen live food for fish. I choose them for feeding, as they are easy to dose, they are easily stored, do not deteriorate, and contain all those substances that are alive. And often you can buy a mix of live food, which will contain several species - bloodworm, artemia and coretre together.
Vegetable feed - rarely find a fish that sometimes does not eat plants in nature. And for most types of fish, vegetable food is desirable. Of course, there are exceptions in every rule and predators will not eat grass. Be sure to read what kind of food prefers fish living in your aquarium.
Vegetable food can be bought as branded, in tablets or in the form of flakes, and added to the aquarium on their own. For example, antsistrusy eat zucchini, cucumbers and cabbage with pleasure.
If you follow these tips, you do not overfeed the fish, give it a nutritious diet full of nutrients, and as a result you will get a beautiful, healthy fish that will live for a long time. Feeding fish is the basis of their content, and you will not regret the time spent if you do everything right from the very beginning.
How and how much to feed the fish
HOW AND HOW MUCH TO FEED A FISH?
One of the most important question for any living thing on the Planet is the question of food. Alas, for some reason, in most cases, with respect to aquarium fish, people forget about it and believe that having filled them with a pinch of daphnia or other food, this will be quite enough for their normal existence. However, it is not!The diet of any pet should be varied and correct. For example, people buy kittens and dogs for dry food, meat, chicken and milk with sour cream. Moreover, they give vitamins and other supplements. The same should be the aquarium pets. Their diet should be balanced. A beginner aquarist should not be afraid of "scary words": live food, freezing, live dust. No need to think that all this needs to get, grind and cook. Everything is much easier than it seems! And in this I will try to convince you.
Various feeding fish - the key to successAll aquarium fish can be divided into: carnivorous, herbivorous and omnivorous. This gradation of fish can be further broken down into: phytophages, limnofagof, malakofagi, ichthyophages, parasitic ..., but the essence of the gradation remains the same, so we will not focus on this.
Most aquarium fish are omnivorous. That is, their diet should include both vegetable and "meat" - protein food. From this statement we can make a logical conclusion that feeding the fish with one type of food will not bring anything to good. Not getting enough of the necessary nutrients the fish become sluggish, their immunity decreases, the body becomes unable to resist the pathogenic flora, the fish get sick and die. A very good example is the research of ichthyologists, who have established that even unpretentious, viviparous guppies stop giving birth with regular and monotonous feeding them only with dry food.
Here is the table, the content of components in the feed for different groups of fish:
Group of fish
more than 45%
UNCLEAR LEARNINGS OF FEEDING FISHES First, you need to read and study the literature about your fish. Find out their taste preferences and behavioral characteristics.
Having repulsed from the received information, it is necessary to select the appropriate dry feed, which can be divided into groups:
Flakes, plates (for feeding fish floating on the surface and in the water column)
Pellets (for larger fish)
Tablets (sinking food for catfish and other bottom fish)
mixedThere are other specialized fish food that are sold to pet stores, for example, to improve the color of fish or special food for a certain type of fish, for example, "Discus menu".
Based on my own experience, I want to advise you to take several types of feed at once and mix them in one can. This is due to the fact that aquariums usually contain different types of fish that require different feeding. Mixing dry food of the same form, we get a kind of mix that is suitable for all fish.
When purchasing feed, you should also pay attention to the shelf life and packing density of the feed. This should be done due to the fact that over time, dry food loses its properties, and if packaging is violated (storage conditions), pathogenic flora will generally form in the food. Also, one should give preference to feeds of well-known trademarks, for example, TM Sera or Tetra.
SecondlyWhen feeding aquarium fish you should not forget about vitamins, which are used as an additive to feed.
Vitamin A - necessary for cell growth, especially for fry and juveniles. Lack of this vitamin leads to slow growth and curvature of the back and fins. Also, vitamin A reduces stress.
Vitamin D3 - participates in the development of the skeletal system.
Vitamin E - necessary for the reproductive system of fish. Vitamins A and E are used together because they are ineffective without each other.
Vitamins of group B (B1 - thiamine, B2 - riboflavin, B12) - normalize fish metabolism.
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - forms teeth and bones, is involved in metabolism.
Vitamin H (biotin) - needed for cell development.
Vitamin M - lack of folic acid is expressed in the darkening of the color of the fish, they become sluggish.
Vitamin K - needed for the circulatory system.
Choline - needed for normal growth, as well as regulates the sugar content in the blood.
As a recommendation, you can recommend the following products:
Sera fishtamin - emulsified multi-vitamin preparation for strengthening fish during and after diseases, after settling in a new aquarium, for breeding and for enriching the feed for fry with vitamins. sera fishtamin is also suitable for strengthening pond fish before and after hibernation.
It can be added directly to the aquarium water. However, it is better to add 6-7 drops to 1 fish in the feed a few minutes before feeding.
1. During the illness and after recovery of the fish, fishtamine should be added daily directly to the aquarium at the rate of: 6-7 drops per 50 liters of water. Aquarium lighting is desirable to turn off.
2. After possible stresses, such as transportation, placing fish in a crowded aquarium or in cases when incompatible types of fish are in the same aquarium, as well as with each water change, you need to add Fishtamin in the amount of 4-6 drops to feed. Fishtamine is added directly to the feed, which quickly absorbs the drug and after a short period of time can be used to feed your fish.
Fishtamine can be added directly to the aquarium at the rate of: 6-7 drops per 50 liters of water. It is advisable to turn off the aquarium lighting.
3. After relocating new fish to the aquarium, you need to quickly add Fishtamine directly to the aquarium from the calculation: 6-7 drops per 50 liters of water.
4. In order to breed, it is necessary to add Fishtamine before the spawning process begins and within ten days after the process starts directly to the fish feed at the rate of: 4-6 drops per 50 liters of water. It is necessary to wait some time until the drug is absorbed into the feed and then feed.
5. To improve the growth of fry, it is necessary to add Fishtamine directly to Micron, Micropan, Micrograin or Artemia solution once every two days, mix quickly and give enriched feed to the young fish. The daily dose of fishtamine can vary from one to five drops and depends on the amount of feed and the number of fry.
6. To enrich the frozen live feed with vitamins, immediately before feeding, add Fishtamine to feed at the rate of: three to four drops for each portion of feed after it is thawed. It is necessary to wait some time until the drug is absorbed into the feed and then feed.
7. To create optimal conditions for the existence of pond fish in late autumn, as long as the fish take food, and also in early spring, as soon as the fish begin to take food; for prophylaxis, as well as during the treatment of fish from viral diseases, fishtamine should be added daily for three weeks in a volume of 10-12 drops directly to the feed of pond fish. It is necessary to wait some time until the drug is absorbed into the feed and then feed.
Content of additives per 1 ml:
Vitamin A 500 I.E.
Vitamin B1 2.00 mg
Vitamin B2 2.00 mg
Vitamin B6 2.00 mg
Vitamin B12 2.00 mcg
Vitamin C 55.00 mg
Vitamin D3 100 I.E.
Vitamin E 5.00 mg
Vitamin K3 1.00 mg
Nicotinic acid 10.00 mg
Calcium Pantothenate 5.00 mg
Folic acid 0.50 mg
Tetra vital - provides the fish with vital energy and health, as well as a natural color.
Tetra Vital contains essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements characteristic of the natural habitat. Their content in the aquarium decreases with time, and tap water is not able to compensate for the loss. Thanks to Tetra Vital, you can create an almost identical natural habitat for fish, where they will be provided with comfortable conditions and a brighter color.
- Natural B vitamins are used to increase the vitality of fish and combat stress
- Magnesium provides good health and promotes healthy growth.
- Panthenol cares for fish mucous membranes
- Iodine contributes to the preparation of fish for spawning, as well as successful spawning.
- Vital trace elements help to avoid problems associated with their deficiency
- Promotes the growth of plants and microorganisms
- Suitable for any freshwater aquariums
To enhance the action of Tetra Vital, use Tetra AquaSafe.
Instructions for use. Shake well before use. Add 5 ml of Tetra Vital to 10 liters of aquarium water every 4 weeks. In case of severe stress, it is recommended to double the dose.
Thirdly, the most important trick! This use of live and frozen feed.
Live food is a variety of mosquito larvae, small crustaceans and all kinds of worms that are used in feeding fish. The most popular of them are: bloodworm, artemia, sap, daphnia, tubule, rotifers, gammarus.
Live food is the most useful and natural food for fish, providing them with all the necessary microelements. Such feed is recommended to be used in conjunction with other types of feed and given 2-3 times a week.
The composition of some organisms used as live food Nowadays, especially in megacities and large cities, it is difficult to find high-quality live food for fish. It is also worth noting that, along with live food, it is possible to bring "contagion" into the aquarium - pathogenic bacteria, fungi and viruses. Therefore, you should always be careful with live food, it is better to grow it yourself and rinse thoroughly before serving. Knowing that many aquarists, especially the fair sex, do not like and are even afraid to mess with worms and larvae, I can recommend an interesting and even fascinating way of extracting live food Sera artemia-mix - Ready mix for growing Nauplii Artemia. Nauplii (cubs) of brine shrimp (Artemia) is a great delicacy for fry of all species of fish. Adult fish and many invertebrates also greedily eat nauplii and adult shrimps. Artemia-mix is a ready-to-use product. All you have to do is pour the contents of the bag into 500 ml of water and air it. With this set, even people who have no experience in breeding live food can grow nauplii. The biological value of nauplii becomes even higher, due to the use of sea salt rich in minerals in sera Artemia-mix. Artemia eggs from the great salt lakes of the state of Utah (USA) are used in the sera Artemia-mix - especially high quality.
Here is a detailed video of how to grow nauplii
Well, for those who do not want to mess around with live food at all, there is a ready-made live food freeze. Frost for fishB - it is ready-to-use, frozen and packaged live food. The beauty of it lies in the fact that you do not need to "get", you only need to get a cube of frozen food and throw it into the fish feeder.
+ such feed, manufacturers process it and monitor its purity. The probability to bring "contagion" in the aquarium is small.
- as a result of processing, the beneficial properties of the feed are lost.
Note: Before serving, it is desirable to freeze it to thaw (10-15 min.)
And finally, the fourth trick - the food from our table. Here, look, please, the video posted by our moderator, Esta, about how her cichlids eat a leaf of lettuce.
Charming is not true! Many fish, especially cichlids, respect the greens: lettuce, spinach, scalded cabbage leaves, cucumber, and even carrots. Many people know that keeping African cichlids with live aquarium plants is almost impossible. Nevertheless, they need plant food. And such a leaf of lettuce, once or twice a week, is an excellent way out for tsikhlovykh.
Also, by the example of a user of our site Qper, it is worth highlighting the question of protein mixes made by yourself. For his precious and beloved cichlids, he cooks and gives the following mince once a week:
- BEEF HEART, CLEARED FROM FILM;
- FILET OF TILIP (PANGASIUS);
- SALMARA FILLET;
- SHEETS SALTA;
Here is such an appetizing pate! There are a lot of similar recipes and, if you wish, you can easily find them on the Internet. The main thing is that in this way you can and should feed the fish.
You can make only one important remark about feeding fish like mince - you should try to exclude (minimize) the meat of warm-blooded animals from them. The food system of fish is not able to digest such meat, because of which it can develop pathogenic flora and as a result of the disease. Minced meat containing warm-blooded animals should be given rarely as a delicacy.
How many times and how often to feed the fish?Based on the fact that feeding fish should be balanced and diverse, it is possible to derive an approximate component of the amount of feed needed for fish.
If we talk about one-time feeding, then any food (dry or live) should be eaten by fish in 3-5 minutes. After this time, the feed should not be in the aquarium, and the more he should not fall for hours at the bottom.
Per day you can feed the fish 1-2 times. I personally feed once, because I think that undernourishment is better than overfeeding. Feeding is desirable to carry out either in the morning, after 15 minutes. after turning on the aquarium lighting and in the evening for 3-4 hours before bedtime. If there are “night residents” in the aquarium, as a rule, these are bottom catfish (bag-tabernacles, agamixes, etc.), then for them the food is thrown “at dusk”, i.e. when the light is turned off and all the "day" fish have gone to bed.
How much to feed the fish a week? Here, too, everything is conditional and individual. I offer an example of my feeding scheme:
Monday - dry food 1, once a day;
Tuesday - dry food 2, once a day;
Wednesday - live food, or bloodworm or artemia;
Thursday - dry food 1, twice a day;
Friday - dry food 2, twice a day;
Saturday - live food + duckweed;
Sunday - fasting day;
As you can see, feeding fish is quite diverse. Firstly, various mixtures of dry feed are used, secondly, dry food alternates with live ones, and plant food is given once a week.
And necessarily, once a week, a fasting day is arranged, i.e. when fish are not fed at all. Such a day, you need to arrange necessarily, it is harmless and even very useful for the health of fish and the aquarium as a whole.
Hope the article was helpful for you! Of course, you will not immediately cover all the issues in one article, so we will be glad to talk with you on the forums.
❶ How to feed the fish :: Aquarium fish
Tip 1: How to feed the fish
If you want to buy an aquarium and start a fish, you should definitely know how to feed them correctly, because the wrong actions can lead to illness or death of your pets and cause trouble to the whole family.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. Decide what types of fish you will buy and find out in the store what food they like to eat. If you have very small fish, then you need to buy food that is intended for fry, otherwise they will not be able to eat regular food.
2. Buy at the pet store the right food.
3. Wash your hands, towel dry before drying and open the bag of food. If you use fresh frozen food, then defrost it beforehand and no longer freeze.
4. Lift the aquarium cover (if there is one).
5. Do not knock hard on the wall of the aquarium to cause the sound-food instinct in fish.
6. When the fish realized that you would feed them and swam to the top, take the feed (one pinch for 6 to 10 fish).
7. Pour the food into the water or pour it into the feeder if it is in the aquarium.
8. Feed the fish 1-2 times a day. If fed more frequently or given a lot of feed, they may die.
9. After feeding, be sure to check if the filter and the compressor are on. This is necessary to clean water from food debris, and so that fish can breathe freely.
10. Do not let your pets eat before changing the water in the aquarium, better feed them immediately after the replacement. So it will be easier for fish to transfer the change of living conditions.
11. Do not feed fish with bread, biscuits or anything other than special food.
12. Do not forget to feed them every day.
13. Do not fill the food in reserve. Fish do not feel satiety and will eat until quiet until the end of the feed.
14. Do not use feed after the expiry date, especially for fresh frozen feed.
15. Do not keep dry food in a wet place. If he gets wet, do not feed them your pets, and buy another.
By following this simple instruction, you will ensure a good and long life for your aquarium fish, and for yourself and your family - a great mood.
Tip 2: How to feed a rooster fish
Watching fish in an aquarium is a very exciting thing. The inhabitants of the underwater world are so diverse! Attractive for its bright color and shape of fins is the cockerel fish. If you decide to keep one in an aquarium, you should find out about its gastronomic preferences.
You will need
- - live bloodworm;
- - crustaceans;
- - frozen bloodworm;
- - pipemaker;
- - dry food from a pet store.
1. The betta betta fish is picky about food and can eat different foods: dry, live, frozen. The usual diet consists of moths, crustaceans, tubule and dry food, but the cock gives preference to live worms and crustaceans. Bloodworm - the most accessible and common feed. Use only fresh and live moths. Worms must stir, have no unpleasant smell and have a bright red (small) or red (large) color. To keep the live moth off the bottom when feeding, use a special floating feeder. Worms gradually crawl out of it into the water and the fish have time to eat them.
2. If you feed the rooster with crustaceans, first gently rinse the feed in a net with running water. Select several live specimens and place in a small jar of water. Lower the jar into the aquarium at an angle. The crustaceans will swim out and become a treat for your fish. The rooster has a good appetite and he eats everything readily. To keep the fish from overeating, limit the amount of food. Divide the daily portion by 2-3 times and offer food in small portions. For good nutrition alternate feed. Do not forget that frozen bloodworm and dry crustaceans should be only a minor supplement, the main part of the diet must be provided at the expense of live food.
3. If you need to change the diet, teach the rooster to a new feed gradually. The fish will be capricious at first, but then begins to eat it with great pleasure. Add a new treat in small portions to the main, and then make a replacement completely. Before feeding the fish, pay attention to the size of its abdomen. The rooster itself makes a variety of its menu. He successfully hunts for aquarium snails (nat, horn coils, melania).
Offer cocks of crustaceans in limited quantities. Excess feed rot and spoil the water in the aquarium.
Do not place large snails - ampoules in the aquarium with cocks. Fish eat their antennae, and the snails will die.
What and how many times a day to feed the goldfish
When you put up such wonderful pets like goldfish in your home aquarium, the question immediately arises: "How and what to feed these cute creatures?". In fact, feeding the fish in the aquarium is not difficult. First, it is an omnivorous species of fish, and secondly, when pets get used to the owner, they can be given food with their own hands.
Rules for feeding natural foods
Natural food is a food of natural origin (insect larvae, plankton, benthos, plants and algae, mollusks and crustaceans). All food submitted to the fish should be of small size so that it can be captured by mouth. Fry and juvenile fish should more often eat live and dry food to be able to grow beautiful and healthy. Before spawning, males and females are also given live food with protein, which serves as an additional stimulation to spawn.
Take a look at feeding goldfish with worms.
Adult goldfish love vegetable food more. Consider that it is better to feed young animals with daphnia, bloodworm, pipe worker, coretre, pieces of squid, dry sami. By the way, adult fish should also receive this food, but in smaller quantities. Food for adults is easy to cook with your own hands and at home. Take a kitchen grater, and rub cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, and pumpkin on a shallow surface. You can freeze it in the freezer, and defrost it later (only once!), And give it to pets.
Pet stores sell dried food with fiber, which is intended only for goldfish. This feed is very useful for digestion. They can also be fed with aquatic plants - duckweed, wolfia, and robeberry. They can be grown at home specifically as a feed for your pet. Or, plant these plants in an aquarium with goldfish, and if there is a shortage of food, they will feed on their juicy leaves. Ryaska need to feed the fish only once a day, so make sure that there is no overfeeding.
If you are going on vacation, and no one to leave the fish - then plants with soft leaves (including Lemna) will be an excellent food for starving pets. Gold fish will be enough for one week, they are unlikely to lose weight, but do not overdo it with a vacation. Consider the moment that they remember the owner, and the long absence of a person can also cause stress.
Now about the products from our fridge that are suitable for feeding. Cereals such as semolina, buckwheat, peas, millet are not alien to these fish. They must be salt free and boiled in water. All kinds of goldfish adore peas - peel them off, boil them, chop them in a blender and serve in small portions. It has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract. These types of dressings can be served if the home has run out of fish food, or for a more varied diet. Semolina must be washed, non-sticky texture, otherwise the fish will not be able to eat it.
As well as food for this fish fit spinach leaves, nettle, lettuce, dandelion, dill or parsley. Surprisingly, this pet is practically everything that people are used to, which is why it is so popular with novice aquarists! Do not forget that these fish - avid eaters are prone to overeating. Feed them 2 times a day, in small portions that they can master in 5 minutes. Give animal and live food once a day, and the rest of the time - vegetable food.
You can alternate types of feed, and make a menu: give several times a week live food (30% of the diet), and 70% - vegetable. After the meal, the fish leave behind a lot of waste in the form of feces. This means that the aquarium should be cleaned on time: the bottom siphon and water filtration. Once a week, update 25% of the water for fresh and clean, so that food remains do not decompose, polluting everything around.
See how goldfish eat a leaf of lettuce.
Branded fish food
In addition to natural food, goldfish can be fed and branded feed. Manufacturers offer a variety of supplements containing vitamins, minerals, fiber, larvae and other nutrients. Branded food helps to give the fish a brighter color scales, they are harmless in acceptable quantities. It is better to feed branded food 1-2 times a week, although some species are possible more often. All of them are presented in the form of chips, granules, sticks.
- Tetra Goldfish Gold Color is a premium feed for goldfish of all types and colors. Due to the content of carotenoids, spirulina and vitamins, helps the fish to become strong and healthy. It has a beneficial effect on the immune system, ensuring a long and happy life. Due to the special formula, this food is easily digested, and reduces the number of feces. Sold in granular form - one granule softens easily in water, so the pet can eat it quickly.
- Tetra Goldfish Holiday - Daphnia food. Suitable for all types of goldfish, especially if you are going on vacation. Leave the bag with additional feeding to the authorized person who can feed them fish. Due to the content of vitamins and trace elements, they will acquire a rich color scales and will be satisfied.
- Tetra Goldfish Energy - nourishing sticks that are easily dosed and do not spoil the quality of water. Due to the moderate fat content, they give the fish strength and energy. Strengthen the immune system, increase disease resistance. The sticks are easily digested, they can be given 1-2 times a week, without overfeeding the fish.
How to feed guppies :: feed guppies with semolina :: Feed
How to feed a guppy fish
Guppies are the most common type of aquarium fish. They have beautiful colors, are friendly and unpretentious. Therefore, many give birth to them.
Feed guppies need 3 times a day. If the aquarist has the opportunity to do it more often, then you can give them food every 3-4 hours. But you need to use a small amount of feed. Regular and fractional diet will favorably affect the offspring and life expectancy of the fish.
Food guppies should be balanced. Then the fish will not often hurt. Living organisms should form the basis of their diet: bloodworms, tubules, daphnias, Korets and arthmas. You can also give the fish a finely chopped squid fillet and river fish. They willingly eat such food, but during the cold season it can become inaccessible. Therefore, you need to take care of it in advance, freezing food in the required quantity or starting to grow it at home.
The guppy diet should include vegetable food. It should be given in small quantities every day. As it can be parsley, seaweed, spinach, lettuce. Before giving such a guppy feed, scald it with boiling water and chop it.
Feed the fish with lightly boiled cereals. Semolina and ground rolled oats are perfect. Guppies can be given 2-3 times a week for bread, liver sausage, cottage cheese. Suitable for feeding low-fat hard cheeses. They need to pre-grate.
Refuse to use dry feed as a basis for guppy feeding. Give them only in a small amount. Be sure to dry food must be of high quality and have a long shelf life, then they will not harm the health of guppies.
A balanced diet can not provide the fish with all the necessary vitamins. Therefore, they need to enter into the diet. To maintain the health of guppies, use oil solutions of vitamins E, A, D. They are added in a small amount (4-5 drops) to dry food and mixed thoroughly. The shelf life is 3 days. In addition, use fish oil. It must be added 2-3 drops in the cottage cheese or liver sausage.
Do not feed the fish every day the same food. They need a varied diet. Food must be fresh and chopped.
By organizing a balanced diet and introducing vitamins into the diet, guppies can provide comfortable living in an aquarium. For this they will delight you with their bright appearance and health, as well as beautiful and numerous offspring.
How many times a day do you need to feed the fish in an aquarium?
In aquariums novice fish lovers die more often from overfeeding than from lack of food. the most important: it is better to feed the fish than to feed them !! ! to meet all the needs of an adult fish, it is enough to eat 2-3% (maximum 5%) of its weight per day! Having eaten "a little extra" in nature, fish have the opportunity to "lose weight" through exercise. In an aquarium, however, their mobility is limited; they do not have to spend energy on rescuing from predators, searching for and obtaining food. It turns out that overfeeding quickly leads to obesity, metabolic disorders and the functioning of internal organs. Constantly overeating fish lose their ability to breed, more susceptible to disease. Rotting remnants of uneaten food can spoil water and cause illness or even fish death. To feed once a day in small portions, so that the fish eat all the food in about five minutes (and it is enough to feed adult gold fish every other day !!!) Once a week it is not bad to arrange a fasting day and not to feed the fish at all. Pisces, like other cold-blooded animals, do not need to constantly spend energy on heating their own body, so they are easier to withstand a hunger strike. Aquarium fish are much more likely to die from overfeeding than from lack of food. Most of them calmly endure even a two-week fast! food should be varied! Food types: dry food, flakes, granules, natural food (live, frozen, gelled). Well, once you have an aquarium, then buy some aquarist reference book. now almost all pet stores have all the necessary literature. with fish no less trouble than with other animals.
Better two times: in the morning and in the evening. Try to do it at the same time. They will get used and will gather at the trough. Feed a little so that the water does not lose transparency. And one day a week arrange the hungry. Do not feed the fish at all. Then they will pick up all the food left at the bottom of previous feedings, and clean the aquarium from the remnants. Good luck to you!!