How to clean the aquarium - the secrets and tricks
How many articles have been written about this, how much has been said ... but still people are interested in this question. Our site also has a fairly comprehensive article that HOW TO WASH THE AQUARIUM.
In this article I would like to pay attention to the ways and means of cleaning the aquarium.
So, first of all the walls (glass) of the aquarium are cleaned. This action should be carried out in the event that the walls of the aquarium rummaged, for example, green dots or brown patina. To do this, you can use special magnetic scrubs or brushes for aquariums. Like these ones:
Such magnetic brushes for an aquarium, very well cope with their task -
in just a few seconds, all algal green and brown fouling are scrubbed off the aquarium glass
However, it is worth noting that they need to work very carefully. Alas, if even a small grain of sand gets under the magnetic scraper, they can seriously scratch the glass of the aquarium. If you do not notice it in time, then you can end up with the Aquarium Kruger Aquarium - all scratched and spattered.
Such a careless or inattentive cleaning can lead not only to a violation of the aesthetic appearance of the aquarium, but also to the overgrowth of scratches into cracks, and these are already serious things, threatening with flood!!!
Therefore, if your aquarium is not very deep and there is no need to rub it to insanity, I recommend using softer and more elastic materials. For example, here are such a sponge for washing dishes:
Such a sponge has a soft and hard side, which is very convenient - it is possible to carry out a general rubbing with the soft side, and more polluted places to rub hard. With this method of cleaning the aquarium the risk of making a scratch is minimal. Firstly, because you carry out all the manipulations with your hand and feel all your actions are tactile. Secondly, even if the grain of sand falls under the sponge, it is unlikely to scratch the glass.
After using the sponge in the aquarium, rinse it under the tap and let it dry until the next time.
There is another "miracle thing", invented by mankind and which is widely used to clean the aquarium, her name - TOOTHBRUSH!
Toothbrush, an indispensable thing for cleaning the walls and green aquarium decor. It is especially useful in nano (small) aquariums and Amanovsky herbalists, where you need to work with small objects and carefully.
IT SHOULD BE NOTEDthat all aquariums are different, and each have different aquatic organisms, but the excessive appearance of green and brown spots or plaque in the aquarium is a signal not very good condition of the aquariumnamely the poor water quality. Green and brown patches are algae, lower plant organisms that appear at the first opportunity: mud, overpopulation of the aquarium, high concentrations of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, lack of sufficient living plant biomass, lack of proper water changes ... these are just some common causes greening aquarium.
What to do in such cases? First, take advantage of algaecide preparations from algae, sold in all pet stores. For example, the widely used Tetra Aqua Algo Stop depot or, for example, Ermolaeva Algitsid + CO2 parole. Secondly, all the green decorations (stones, grottoes, plastic) can be removed from the aquarium and soaked in whiteness (bleach), then carefully rub them and after !!! very, very carefully !!! Rinse in clean, running water several times. Thirdly, it is necessary to eliminate the cause of the excessive appearance of algae: settle the fish, increase the frequency and volume of water changes, reduce the light day, and so on.
By cleaning the aquarium, you can also include cleaning the filter and siphon aquarium bottom.
It is not difficult to wash the filter - it is necessary to carry out this manipulation as necessary, i.e. when the filter starts to work poorly. At the same time, it is desirable to wash sponges or other filtering materials in a basin with aquarium water. Thereby, you will cause less damage to the beneficial colony of bacteria that has formed in the filter. For an example of filter cleaning, see this ARTICLE.
As for the siphon of the aquarium bottom, such a manipulation should also be carried out as far as the aquarium floor is contaminated, “silted”. It is performed using an aquarium siphon, which can also be purchased at any pet store. See - The best siphons for aquarium - Forum aquarists.
After you have cleaned the walls and aquarium decorations, siphoned off the soil, washed and installed the filter and other equipment, replace or refill fresh, separated water and even after, wipe the aquarium from the outside with a dry cloth, while you can use a glass cleaner. Aquarium cleaning is over !!!
How to clean aquarium video examples
How to clean the aquarium at home?
To become a decoration of your home or office, the aquarium must shine clean. And the fish in such an aquarium are better, they are more active, they get sick less and live longer. Keeping an artificial reservoir clean is not so difficult, but still there are some subtleties in this business that newcomers should be aware of. Consider the basic issues of cleaning the aquarium at home.
How often should this be done?
Planned cleaning of the aquarium with the replacement of part of the water is usually carried out once or twice a week, depending on its size, population density, the presence of vegetation.
In each case, the question of the frequency of cleaning and water changes should be decided on the basis of
- the health of the fish,
- aquarium test scores
- and, of course, the appearance of the aquarium.
And, conversely, in a crystal-clear aquarium, concentrations of nitrogen compounds can go off-scale and, accordingly, fish suffer. And this is also a reason for urgent cleaning.
What does aquarium cleaning include?
The cleaning algorithm is usually the following:
- we clean the walls from algal plaque;
- if necessary, we clean the scenery: stones, grottoes;
- if there are plants in the aquarium, we will weed and trim them;
- ground siphon (this procedure is not always performed);
- pour out of the aquarium of the water - this can be done during the siphon or on purpose;
- if necessary, wash the filter equipment;
- Pour clean water.
And now about everything in more detail.
Even in the most prosperous aquarium, an algal bloom forms on the walls, which makes the glass dull and untidy. Therefore, algae must be regularly removed. This can be done with:
- scraper with a metal blade (it can be replaced with a stationery knife blade);
- magnetic scraper;
- economic washcloths.
First option - long handle scraper or, to a lesser extent, the stationery knife is convenient and well removes algae and other contaminants, but is not suitable for Plexiglas aquariums, since it can leave scratches on their walls.
Magnetic scraper indispensable for deep tanks, as well as aquariums, which are restricted from above, or plexiglas tanks. It does not scratch the walls (with the exception of those cases when a grain of sand or a small fragment of soil falls between its parts) and makes it possible not to put your hands in the water. Minus - it is difficult for them to clean the corners of the aquarium and the lower edge of the glass near the ground.
The economic washcloth option is the most economical, but it is not suitable for plexiglass and is the least convenient, since you have to get it everywhere with your hand.The algal bloom taken off with a scraper or washcloth is not necessary to specifically catch and clean - that if you do not have time to eat fish, we will remove it when water is drained.
Cleaning the scenery
If you do not like the dark film of algae on the scenery, they can also be cleaned. This is done with a washcloth or a hard brush inside the aquarium or outside if you remove the jewelry. Detergents and cleaning products are not used.
In order for the algae on the walls and decorations to be less, you can get algae fish, they will help in the fight for cleanliness.
And if the algae grow too fast, they are brown in color or resemble tassels in shape, then the situation in the aquarium is not completely safe, and measures must be taken to combat these representatives of lower plants.
The task of this treatment is to remove the leaves damaged by fish and snails (as well as overgrown with algae), trim or remove too overgrown shoots. Plants should not block the light of each other and interfere with fish.When weeding out bushes with roots, one must act carefully to raise less dregs.
In shrimp aquariums, especially with capricious species, and in general in nano aquariums, pruning and weeding should be carried out as rarely as possible and as carefully as possible so that the minimum amount of sludge and plant sap falls into the water.
Ground siphon and water drain
Having cleaned the walls of the aquarium and weeding underwater plantations, we usually lift a lot of mud and dirt into the water. Now this dirty water needs to be drained. This is done with a hose or aquarium siphon.
With the end of the hose or a siphon tube we drive near the bottom, starting from the most polluted places, and pour the dirty water into a bucket or basin (it’s better that they are white, then we can notice a shrimp or fish accidentally tightened in the water).You can put the second end of the hose directly into the sewer hole, but this option is only possible for aquariums with large fish that do not exactly fall into the siphon or hose.
At one time, it usually changes from 15% to 50% of water, depending on the conditions of a particular aquarium. Matter
- filter power
- population density,
- demanding of animals to clean water
- the presence of live plants or phytofilter.
In order to find out how often and in what volume it is necessary to make replacements, it is best to use tests for nitrate - the content of this substance in the aquarium should not exceed 20-30 mg / l for undemanding fish and 5-10 mg / l for the fastidious and loving clean water. Such a concentration must be achieved with the help of substitutions.
No need to replace the water completely! This will no longer be cleaning, but restarting the aquarium. Such a procedure is carried out only in the most extreme cases, for example, after an epidemic. It is impossible to settle the fish in the aquarium immediately after the general cleaning. It will be necessary to give the system a few weeks to mature, as in the case of a new aquarium.
If necessary, during the routine cleaning, you can siphon the soil in order to remove excess organic contamination.
In aquariums with large fish and without live plants, it is recommended to do this at least weekly, but the more plants and the smaller the density of the fish population, the less often there is a need for this procedure.
Soil in herbalists and shrimp cooks, as a rule, do not siphon at all, so as not to damage the roots of plants, not to reduce the nutritional and biofiltration properties of the soil and not to injure small animals.
When cleaning the filter, it is important to remove mechanical impurities from it without damaging the colony of microorganisms that live in sponges or other porous fillers and participate in biofiltration.
Therefore, wash the filter filling gently, without excessive enthusiasm, using only the water drained from the aquarium. It is better, of course, to take relatively clean water without turbidity, and not the one that was leaked during the ground siphon.
Internal filters with sponges are washed every one to two weeks, depending on the rate of contamination (the fact that the filter is contaminated can be seen by weakening its jet). The sponges of internal filters having several compartments for different fillers and external canister prefilters are washed with approximately the same frequency.
The porous biofiltration material (ceramic rings, balls, etc.) is washed much less frequently, once every two or three months, if necessary, carrying out a partial replacement of this filler.
The rotary head of the filter can be washed with plain water without detergent, using a cotton swab.
Aquarium is poured over at least 24-hour water with the same temperature as the fusion. Water is poured with a hose, bucket or watering can, depending on the size of the aquarium. It is not poured on the ground, which can be washed with a stream, but on a saucer or, for example, a grotto.
After that, they turn on the filter and the rest of the equipment, check its operation and the health of the fish. After a while, when a small turbidity settles (and it almost inevitably arises), your aquarium will shine with purity.
Such a clean aquarium will please not only you, but also fish that will feel comfortable. And this is a guarantee of their health, longevity and lively, interesting behavior.
Video: Aquarium cleaning steps with examples.
How to clean and wash the aquarium: the rules, methods, video examples
HOW IS THE RIGHT TO WASH THE AQUARIUM?
In this topic I will try to briefly describe the process of general cleaning of the aquarium world. The point is not tricky !!! But before this event, I think, it would not be superfluous to find out: how to do it correctly, find out how often you need to wash the aquarium, what to wash, sequence of actions, etc.You need to start a conversation with the fact that there is a big difference between washing an aquarium when it is purchased and a planned cleaning of an already established aquarium or in case of emergency. Therefore, we divide the article into these three components.
Washing and cleaning a new - purchased aquarium
Before you install and populate a new aquarium, you must rinse it out or rinse it out. This is due to the fact that, like any product - the aquarium does not know where it was before the purchase, it is not known who touched it and what happened to it.
For this, we carry an aquarium in the bath. I recommend to prepare a place in advance: prepare clean rags or towels, prepare a surface where you can put a washed aquarium, sponge and soda. The fact is that even a small aquarium is a rather weighty, glass-clumsy thing, and when it becomes wet, then in addition to everything, it also becomes slippery. In this state, the aquarium is not very convenient to turn, raise, carry out other manipulations.
Having prepared everything, put the aquarium in the bath and rinse it, preferably with hot water. We take baking soda and kitchen sponge for washing dishes and carefully but gently wash the aquarium with soda (like jars before seaming).
Well, and then everything should be thoroughly washed several times. If the aquarium allows, then gently turn it over on its side and use a shower spray to flush everything.
VERY IMPORTANT!!! WASH ALL EVERYTHING AS POSSIBLE AND MORE CONFIRMED WITH NO SODA REMAINS
After we get the aquarium out of the bath and put it on a previously prepared surface, I recommend using sticks or towels in order to prevent the aquarium from slipping out of my hands. May need the help of a second person.
And now, the aquarium is ready for further installation, which you can read HERE.RECOMMENDATIONS AND TIPS:
- the aquarium can be washed and cleaned with any chemistry: soap, homeostos, comet. However, you should understand that the more "vigorous" the chemistry, the harder it is to wash it. Chemistry residues are not allowed. Since the new aquarium does not need to be thoroughly cleaned, it is not worth washing it in several times and washing it with a variety of cleaning products.
- simultaneously with the new aquarium, wash immediately bought soil and decor. Thus, you facilitate your work. Soil and decor is cleaned with hot water or boiling water. You can add a little liquid soap and rinse with it. At the same time the soaped soil is thoroughly washed !!! It is worth mentioning that in this article, under the ground, I understand quartz, gravel, sand other "colored chips". Special substrates should not be washed.
- if you are the owner of a new large aquarium, then all of the above manipulations are carried out at the installation site. In this case, flush pumped out with a hose, it is better not to use chemistry.
Planned cleaning and washing aquariumPlanned and global cleaning of the aquarium is carried out by experienced aquarists. Perhaps the most important question here is how often do you need to do it? I hasten to happily inform you that often you do not need to completely wash the aquarium. This cleaning is carried out about once every 5 years. This period is strictly individual and depends on the number of fish and plants in the aquarium.
Planned cleaning of the aquarium is carried out more carefully than washing a new aquarium. Such an aquarium is washed with chemistry several times, growths are mechanically removed and shaken off, the aquarium is subjected to heat treatment. After washing such an aquarium, it is advisable to dry for at least a day.
Wash and clean the aquarium in emergency situations - after illness and treatment of fish
Unfortunately, it happens that an infection gets into an aquarium. As a result, the fish get sick and need treatment, and the aquarium needs total disinfection.
In such cases, a simple sink will not do. Infectious aquariums are poured daily with disinfectants to the brim. The easiest way to fill the aquarium with bleach or other household disinfectants. Pay attention - DISINFECTING MEANS !!! Not all household chemicals have disinfectant properties, read the instructions for the tool.
Recommend to use: potassium permanganate solution, chloramine solution, formalin solution, bleach solution, hydrochloric or sulfuric acid solution.
When mycobacteriosis is recommended to fill the aquariums with washing powder at the rate of a pound of powder per 30 liters of water.
In addition, the entire aquarium inventory is subjected to heat treatment - boiling.
After disinfection, I also recommend putting the aquarium to dry for at least 24 hours.
Since some people in the "Aquarium Wash" put the concept of weekly cleaning of the aquarium, we will highlight this issue.
Weekly washing and cleaning of the aquarium
When cleaning the aquarium every week, the following procedure should be strictly followed:
1. Get the equipment: filter, aeration, thermostat. Everything is washed, put aside.
2. If necessary, the care and cutting of plants.
3. Clean the walls of the aquarium. Sponge or special scrapers wipers.
4. If necessary, siphon soil. It is not necessary to clean the soil weekly, especially if there are live plants in the aquarium.
5. Only after that the water is replaced: the old water is drained and freshly added is added.
6. Install the equipment back cleaned.
Do not forget to clean the aquarium cover and the lamps from the inside at least once a month.
After all the manipulations, the aquarium is wiped with a dry cloth, stains can be removed with a window cleaner.
Observing the above simple rules the process of washing an aquarium will not be difficult and tedious, and the result will be as efficient as possible.Useful video, how to clean and wash the aquarium
How to clean the bottom of the aquarium :: aquarium cleaning fish :: aquarium fish
How to clean the bottom of the aquarium
Many lovers of aquarium fish wonder why they even need to clean bottom at aquarium, because in natural waters nobody bottom it does not clean specially, plants grow well and fish swim merrily. The fact is that aquariums have a small volume compared to natural reservoirs, fish emit feces, and the remnants of the food that is not eaten by them fall on bottom and begin to rot, spoiling the water and giving the green light for the development of pathogenic microbes that can have a detrimental effect on both the fish themselves and the aquarium plants.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. To clean the bottom there are special filters, however, they do not perform their duties well. Until now, the best and effective way to clean the bottom aquarium is siphon cleaning. ABOUTbottom of these devices you see in the picture on the left. Siphon consists of a flexible ribbed hose with abottomwhich side is a pear, and on the other hand a plastic expander with a bottom mesh at the end, so that during the cleaning process of the bottom aquarium in the siphon is not accidentally sucked some "gape" fish! Before cleaning bottomtake out carefully out aquarium large stones, as well as plants without roots, which pressed these stones to the bottom and did not allow them to float, then clean the wall with a special scraper aquarium. When the dirt, scraped from the walls, sinks to bottom, lower the siphon into the aquarium, not forgetting to put an empty bucket below the water level. Having pressed a pear several times, suck the water into the siphon. This creates a constant flow of water and now it remains only to drive a hose along the bottom aquarium and between the stones, draining all the dirt through the hose into the bucket. In this procedure, for better cleaning of the bottom, slightly move the soil pebbles with the end of the hose. When heavily contaminated, it is sometimes necessary to remove the siphon from aquarium, to clean the expander mesh, clogged with dirt.
2. If there is no special siphon for cleaning the aquarium bottom at hand, it can easily be replaced by a regular rubber hose. In this case, the water intake is done either with the help of an ordinary rubber pear, or, in the absence of such, the mouth is made in the mouth, much like motorists pour gasoline. However, in this case, it is necessary to do the suction very quickly, so as not to accidentally swallow the aquarium water. In addition, it is necessary to ensure that the fish, especially the smallest, do not suck in the bucket through the hose. This can not only scare the fish, but also injure them, especially those who are proud of their large and beautiful fins and tails! Especially often sucks slower fish, such as guppies.
3. And of course, every day after feeding the fish, remove the remnants of food that they have not eaten. Usually this is done by the simplest device, which is a glass tube with a rubber bulb at the end, extending along the length to the bottom. aquarium. If you use dry food for feeding fish, then remove their residues from aquarium as soon as the fish ate and moved away from the trough. Feed drops on bottomusually in aboutbottomm and the same place - under the aquarium feeder. Remove the feeder so that it does not bother you, lower the glass tube to the bottom, sucking the rest of the food with a pear. If you do not do it in time, then in an hour the aquarium water can become cloudy, as dry food is an excellent food for millions of bacteria that begin to multiply in geometric progress.
4. Clean the aquarium bottom thorough at least aboutbottomth times a month, while pouring no more than 30% of water. Merged water is replaced by fresh, separated and necessarily the same temperature as the main water in the aquarium. And remember that maintaining cleanliness in the aquarium is the key to the health of your pets!
The big problem is green bloom in the aquarium
A well-kept aquarium is a true pride of the aquarist and an excellent addition to the interior solution of the room. However, it happens that the aquarium almost captures green plaque. How to clean the aquarium from this scourge?
The emergence of a similar problem signals an imbalance of the ecosystem. At the same time, plaque can occur in different shades, and have a diverse dislocation. Before you decide to fight it, it is important to determine the true causes of the settlement of the disease algae in the depths of an artificial reservoir.
Green algae aquarium cleaning
If you find a patina of green color in an aquarium, then first of all you should pay attention to caring for it. If you do not clean and change water in time, then sooner or later you will definitely encounter a green tint of water and walls. This state of affairs can be deadly for the inhabitants.
Measures to clean the aquarium from green algae:
- Reduce the light intensity. Green algae grow favorably with excessive light, so limit the backlight time to 10 hours per day. Avoid direct sunlight, from which the water becomes even greener.
- Daily replacement of 15% water. Of course, this process will take a lot of time, but it is necessary to do so in order to preserve the ecosystem in a neglected aquarium. Water suited for this purpose is suitable for this.
After the algae visually disappeared, it is necessary to take measures to eliminate the source of water infection. The presence of plants will help you protect your water from uninvited "guests." It has been proven that the presence of flora favorably affects the cleanliness of the aquarium and the algae do not settle on the walls, decor, plants and soil. From this it follows that it is necessary to settle as many plants as possible, which will protect aqua.
It happens that algae go into the active phase even with a large number of plants. This suggests that the flora is in a disgusting state. Most often this means that the plants do not receive the necessary trace elements. The first nutrient deficiency causes insufficient nutrition. That is why experienced aquarists know how important it is to apply fertilizer to the soil.
Be careful when choosing a fertilizer. Since in the struggle for the popularity of zoological fish, many manufacturers proudly declare the absence of nitrates and phosphates in their products. Thus, they are trying to convey that they have excluded those products that cause the growth of algae. But, on the other hand, these macronutrients are incredibly important for maintaining harmony in the ecosystem. Most novice breeders diligently choose phosphate-free products and only make things worse, without knowing it. In fact, nitrates and phosphates are the main food for plants.
If you believe the statistics, then more than 80% of the problems associated with the lack of these elements. Unfortunately, this can only be learned in a critical situation, when plants stop growing, and algae overwhelm all the space, walls, soil and scenery begin to sink in a green patina.
Varieties of popular algae
Of course, you should not equate all the algae. For each species there are different types of struggle. Sometimes it happens that the conditions optimal for eliminating one algae act with the opposite effect on another. You can often hear about the appearance of filamentous algae.
Types of nitchatka:
- Edogonium. At the very beginning it can be compared with the green fluff that appears on all horizontal surfaces. Appears mainly due to the lack of nutritional macronutrients. To eliminate it, it is necessary to introduce the missing nitrates and phosphates into the soil. With the emergency treatment of the aquarium in the initial stage, recovery occurs within a week. For a running case, use additionally AQUAYER Algo Shock. In order to prevent reappearance, hook up algae (shrimp or fish) to your pets.
- Kladofora. Algae is like a thread with branched structure. Kladofora appears even in those aquariums, where systematically apply fertilizer. The most common cause of its occurrence is poor circulation of water, the presence of zones of stagnation. Most often, they eliminate it physically, that is, by cleaning the aquarium with their hands. To kill the spores, add Algo Shock carefully following the instructions.
- Spirogyra. The main problem is that plants are not able to cope with it. For a couple of days, it can cover the entire aquarium, including the walls. If you touch the thread of spirogyra, it is very slippery and thin, easily pounded between the fingers. The only way to fight - making AQUAYER Algo Shock. It is important to mechanically clean the aquarium from the appearance of new threads. Try to scrape it from there as often as possible. It is important to limit the coverage, as this is the main reason for its appearance. It will not be superfluous to establish an algae fish for prevention.
- Rizoklonium. The main reason for the appearance - the wrong start of the aquarium. In it, as a rule, the nitrogen cycle does not have time to be established, which leads to an increase in the level of ammonium. Set the nitrogen cycle and algae disappear by themselves. Substitute ½ water every week. In extreme cases, you can use the drug AQUAYER Algicide + CO2, but this is not necessary.
Green coating on the walls
Green plaque that forms on the walls is called xenokakus. Because of it, the walls and decorations are covered with an unpleasant shade. Xenokocus multiplies under the influence of excess light, so most often this problem occurs in aquariums with excessive lighting. Limit light output to 5 watts per liter of water.
The second most important reason can be considered a lack of oxygen or more jumps in performance during the day. If this is not your first time encountering this problem, then consider buying an H type controller. However, it is hardly possible to protect oneself from this phenomenon forever, but it is quite realistic to slow down.
Prevention in the appearance of green plaque:
- Oxygen regulation;
- Lighting limit up to 8 hours;
- Decrease light intensity;
- Establishment of snails of theodox, fiz, coils, antsistrusov and ototsynklyusov.
To resort to chemical means to clean the aquarium is not recommended only if the situation becomes threatening to all inhabitants.
How to clean aquarium glass :: cleaning aquarium glasses :: Equipment and accessories
Tip 1: How to clean the glass aquarium
The aquarium is not only the magic world of ornamental fish, snails and algae, it is an integral part of most modern interiors. And in order for the aquarium to please its owner with beauty and refinement for a long time, it is necessary to maintain certain conditions in it with the help of various compressors and filters, special lighting and hydraulic supply systems. In addition, timely and proper cleaning of the aquarium is a prerequisite for its maintenance.
1. Over time, the glass walls of any aquarium become covered with a greenish or brownish bloom of microalgae and bacterial mucus. Naturally, because of this raid, the inhabitants of the aquarium become completely invisible. Brownish mucus on the glasses of the aquarium appears as a result of insufficient lighting, and greenish - due to excessive.
2. It is not necessary to clean all the walls of the aquarium, if the plaque on them does not interfere with the view. It is enough to confine thorough cleaning of the front sight glass.
3. If a bloom forms on the glass of the aquarium with fresh water, it is easy to wash it off with a clean foam sponge. Only this should be done very carefully to prevent the appearance of bacterial muti.
4. Leisurely, firmly pressing the sponge to the glass, you should lead it down to the ground. Also, slowly, without taking the sponge from the aquarium, you must lead it up. As a result of such actions on the glass should remain a clear transparent path.
5. Next, rinse the sponge in water and repeat all the steps until complete cleaning of the entire viewing glass of the aquarium.
6. Glasses in an aquarium with old water should be cleaned with a special scraper, which can be purchased at any pet store. There are magnetic and spongy scrapers.
7. Magnetic scraper for cleaning aquarium glass consists of two halves. One of them is placed in water. Another piece at this time pulls the scraper through the glass outside. Using such a device, you can leave the hands of the owner of the aquarium when cleaning dry.
8. Sponge scrubbers with a wooden handle are ideal for shallow aquariums. They perfectly clean the glass, without leaving scratches and streaks on it.
9. Clean the glass aquarium can not only with special tools. In nature, there are such fish and algae, which are no worse than various devices clean small dirt on the glass. You can learn more about such assistants from the sellers of specialty stores.
10. Every aquarist who cares about the beauty of his home interior and the health of the inhabitants of the underwater world, should regularly clean the glass of the aquarium, because the thinner the coating, the easier it is to get rid of it.
Tip 2: How to clean the wall of the aquarium
Proper care of the fish living in your home in an aquarium implies not only food, lighting, providing flora, but also timely thorough cleaning of the walls of the aquarium. Follow the recommendations and you will always be satisfied with the state of the water corner of nature.
1. On the walls of the aquarium, especially in its upper part, lime deposits are usually accumulated. And often there are so many of them that a simple brush and hot water will not help. Better take a razor blade or razor. This machine is very convenient to clean the plaque. It is clear that such cleaning should be carried out in the absence of the inhabitants of the aquarium.
2. Try this method. Take a small rag and table salt. Thanks to them, you clean the bloom from algae. Intense mechanical movements simply remove unwanted dirt.
3. Buy in the hardware store tough washcloth, better metal. Go through the washcloth on the walls of the aquarium, the deposits and deposits will quickly be cleaned. But there are some downsides. The glass may scratch and defects will ruin the look of the aquarium.
4. Get a special scraper (wiper) for the aquarium, it gently cleans the surface of the glass. The price is quite affordable.
5. Drain all the water from the aquarium. Dampen a sponge or cloth in vinegar and rub the inner surface. This method is effective, most importantly, after such a procedure, thoroughly rinse the aquarium.
6. The thinner the bloom, the less you will have to sweat when cleaning it. Do not run the aquarium so that later, unable to cope with strong pollution, throw it away. The most difficult to clean aquariums from plexiglass. Be very careful when cleaning, do not scratch the walls.
7. Wash the walls of the aquarium at least once a month and inside and out. Do not use household detergents and fine sand, harmful to the inhabitants of the aquarium. Pollution control regularly.
8. To keep the inner walls of the aquarium clean will help fish-suckers and snails.
Try to soften the water, and you do not have to very often clean the walls of the aquarium.