How to wash the aquarium with fish
Taking care of the fish in the aquarium, from time to time you have to face the problem - how to clean the aquarium at home. Regardless of whether it is large or small, an accumulation of algae and organic matter accumulates on its walls, and the water becomes cloudy. To do the right cleaning, you must comply with a number of requirements so that the life of the fish at this time was safe.
Aquarium after the "launch"
The first months after the "launch" of the aquarium, it is necessary to monitor the state of its cleanliness, removing the remnants of rotten food and decorations. Once a week it is necessary to replace the water with pure and infused water, but not completely. If the aquarium lives correctly, then biological balance will be established in it, the water will become transparent with a yellowish tinge. When this happens, you can do the first cleaning.
What you need
The first thing to do is to collect materials for cleaning the aquarium. To make it shine clean, you should prepare:
- Clean bucket or large bowl;
- Algae scraper;
- Hose siphon and gravel vacuum unit.
Before starting work, you need to prepare a new water. Replacement will require removal of stagnant water from the tank (20-30% of the total volume). If you keep sea fish, prepare the correct proportions of sea salt for water. Make sure that the new water is free from chlorine, organic matter and other harmful impurities. An important rule is that water is considered infused if chlorine has eroded from it for several days. Other indicators of water (hardness, alkalinity, acidity) can be checked with a litmus indicator, the temperature of the water - with a specially designed thermometer. Usually, the water is infused for 48 hours, then it can be considered free from minerals contained in tap water. 2 hours before washing and 2 hours after it, it is undesirable to give fish food.
Use a new bucket or bowl to clean the aquarium, not the ones that were used for cleaning floors. On the used items remain chemicals that are part of the soap or household chemicals. They are detrimental to the life of the fish. Make sure your hands are clean and free from soap or lotion. Do not forget to turn off the filter and disconnect it from the aquarium, turn off other electrical devices before the cleaning process.
- Wash the tank walls
You can not use any detergent in order to wash the walls of the aquarium. Even cleaning in this way the outer side of it is detrimental to the health of fish. Traces of soil and algae can be cleaned with a special scraper, which easily cleans impurities. If it does not work with a scraper, try a blade. The outer part of the wall, including the cover, can be cleaned with a sponge or cloth moistened with water. There are special solutions for washing aquariums that are safe for pets. They are sold in pet stores.
See how to clean aquarium glass from overgrown dirt and algae.
- Siphon water part
You should leave some of the water in the aquarium, which is also useful to the fish. Sudden changes in water conditions at a time are too harmful. You can use the type of siphon that you have. Follow the instructions included with the instrument to achieve optimum results.
Drain the water in a bucket, bowl or sink with a siphon with a hose.
* Be careful when pumping water from the tank. Be careful that the fish, plants and the ground do not disappear along with the dirt.
- Sorting decorations, sand or gravel at the bottom of the tank
The material lining the bottom of your tank should be cleaned so that any food, garbage and other waste can be removed. Instead of removing this material from the aquarium, washing it or replacing it, simply place a gravel vacuum on it. As long as it stays at the bottom of the tank, use a siphon to suction any material that should not be there.
- Cleaning plants, wooden decorations
In most cases, you can clean all the accessories in the tank with an algae scraper, but if they are too dirty, it is best to take them out of the tank and wash them in a clean sink. Do not use soap or any other cleaner. In some cases, a solution of water and salt (for decoration) is used. Let the scenery dry before putting it back into the tank.
- Pour new water
Once you have done everything to clean the aquarium, you can pour clean water into it, or use a siphon hose to pump water from a bucket or bowl. Connect the heating and lighting.
What if you can't wash the filter while cleaning the rest of the aquarium? It is impossible to clean the filter with all the decorations and water at once, it can be to the detriment of all fish and plants due to a sharp change in the balance of the aquatic environment. Two or three times a month the filter can be disassembled independently and cleaned with a toothbrush. But properly clean the filter in this way, which is listed in the instructions for its use.
See how to clean the internal aquarium filter.
Keep the aquarium clean
In order to maintain the ability to see the fish through the glass, you should wash the tank about once every 1-2 weeks. So you can prevent the formation of large algae and organic matter, formed as a result of the vital activity of fish. Some algae and non-decaying organics are harvested with the help of the “orderlies” of the aquarium - catfish or snails. Of course, this will depend on the conditions of your aquarium and how much fish already lives in it.
Proper Aquarium Cleaning
How to clean your own aquarium?
Perhaps, any owner of the aquarium will agree that cleaning the aquarium is a very important, necessary and responsible event. The main objective of cleaning the aquarium is to maintain the natural habitat for fish, and, of course, the aesthetic beauty of the aquarium itself. If you are faced with this issue for the first time - do not worry, this is nothing complicated. Simple tips will tell you how to properly clean the aquarium without making the special costs of calling biologists and special tools. You will learn how to clean your artificial body of excess pollution and give it a healthy look.
Where to start?
First of all, you should clearly realize that any cleaning of the aquarium is a stress for its inhabitants. Therefore, try not to particularly disturb and not scare the fish with sharp movements.
If you were planning to make a permutation in the aquarium or the replacement of plants, it is best to combine this procedure with cleaning your aquarium. It is strictly forbidden to use any detergent chemicals. Before the procedure, you can buy equipment for cleaning the aquarium in specialized stores, for example, a special siphon. If the funds do not allow this, then you can use the materials at hand.
How to clean the walls of the aquarium
Any cleaning should be recited from cleaning aquarium glasses. From the purity of the glass depends on how we will see the aquarium itself. Small algae constantly appear on the glasses and microorganisms settle there, which makes visibility difficult and makes the aquarium untidy. You can clean the walls of the aquarium with the help of special scrapers, a nylon washcloth or an ordinary kitchen sponge.
You can cope with this task not only with the help of special tools. Some types of fish, such as ancistrus or snail, can simply simply eat light pollution. However, there is a drawback in this method: tracks of eaten algae may remain on the walls.
How to clean the bottom of the aquarium
At the second stage of cleaning the aquarium proceed to cleaning the soil. In this section, we will discuss how to clean the soil from the accumulated remnants of food and excreta, because it is at the bottom that all these impurities accumulate. Before you start work, make sure that it is really necessary. To do this, it is enough to twist the ground with something. If bubbles begin to rise from the bottom, then it is necessary to clean it.
cleaning the bottom of the aquarium
This procedure of cleaning the aquarium will make it easier and easier for the fish to clean the soil without any pain. It consists of a flexible hose with a diameter of 15 mm and a glass or metal tip that needs to be driven along the bottom, periodically pressing it inwards. Through the tip of the hose will drain water with all the pollution. It is very important to monitor the amount of drained water, its volume should not be more than one fifth of the total volume of the aquarium. This is the amount of water you have to add later.
When cleaning the soil, try not to damage the roots of plants, this can lead to their death. We should not forget that our goal is not only cleaning the aquarium, but also the preservation of all life in it.
We clean water
Water purification will help refresh the water and remove all accumulated harmful substances for fish. In order not to expose the inhabitants of the aquarium to abrupt water changes, it is necessary to partially replace the water 1-2 times a week, and after cleaning the soil 25% of the total volume of the aquarium. Water for substitution should be settled for 2-3 days.
If the aquarium is not covered, a film may form on the surface of the water. This is also an important process in cleaning. You can remove it using a sheet of paper, the size of the surface of the aquarium. Holding the sheet by the edges, it is necessary to dip it horizontally into the water, and then, slowly, lift it along with this film. If necessary, repeat the procedure several times.
It is very important not to forget about the aquarium filter during complex cleaning of the aquarium. As a rule, the filter elements of the filter are made of foam rubber, and in order to clean them, rinse them thoroughly under running warm water. And the mechanism itself during disassembly can be cleaned with a toothbrush or sponge.
Now you know the best way to clean an aquarium without harming its inhabitants. Needless to say how proper cleaning will prolong life and improve the health of the fish? After all, what could be more beautiful than the happy inhabitants and the happy, bewitched views of their owners.
How to clean the bottom of the aquarium :: aquarium cleaning fish :: aquarium fish
How to clean the bottom of the aquarium
Many lovers of aquarium fish wonder why they even need to clean bottom at aquarium, because in natural waters nobody bottom it does not clean specially, plants grow well and fish swim merrily. The fact is that aquariums have a small volume compared to natural reservoirs, fish emit feces, and the remnants of the food that is not eaten by them fall on bottom and begin to rot, spoiling the water and giving the green light for the development of pathogenic microbes that can have a detrimental effect on both the fish themselves and the aquarium plants.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. To clean the bottom there are special filters, however, they do not perform their duties well. Until now, the best and effective way to clean the bottom aquarium is siphon cleaning. ABOUTbottom of these devices you see in the picture on the left. Siphon consists of a flexible ribbed hose with abottomwhich side is a pear, and on the other hand a plastic expander with a bottom mesh at the end, so that during the cleaning process of the bottom aquarium in the siphon is not accidentally sucked some "gape" fish! Before cleaning bottomtake out carefully out aquarium large stones, as well as plants without roots, which pressed these stones to the bottom and did not allow them to float, then clean the wall with a special scraper aquarium. When the dirt, scraped from the walls, sinks to bottom, lower the siphon into the aquarium, not forgetting to put an empty bucket below the water level. Having pressed a pear several times, suck the water into the siphon. This creates a constant flow of water and now it remains only to drive a hose along the bottom aquarium and between the stones, draining all the dirt through the hose into the bucket. In this procedure, for better cleaning of the bottom, slightly move the soil pebbles with the end of the hose. When heavily contaminated, it is sometimes necessary to remove the siphon from aquarium, to clean the expander mesh, clogged with dirt.
2. If there is no special siphon for cleaning the aquarium bottom at hand, it can easily be replaced by a regular rubber hose. In this case, the water intake is done either with the help of an ordinary rubber pear, or, in the absence of such, the mouth is made in the mouth, much like motorists pour gasoline. However, in this case, it is necessary to do the suction very quickly, so as not to accidentally swallow the aquarium water. In addition, it is necessary to ensure that the fish, especially the smallest, do not suck in the bucket through the hose. This can not only scare the fish, but also injure them, especially those who are proud of their large and beautiful fins and tails! Especially often sucks slower fish, such as guppies.
3. And of course, every day after feeding the fish, remove the remnants of food that they have not eaten. Usually this is done by the simplest device, which is a glass tube with a rubber bulb at the end, extending along the length to the bottom. aquarium. If you use dry food for feeding fish, then remove their residues from aquarium as soon as the fish ate and moved away from the trough. Feed drops on bottomusually in aboutbottomm and the same place - under the aquarium feeder. Remove the feeder so that it does not bother you, lower the glass tube to the bottom, sucking the rest of the food with a pear. If you do not do it in time, then in an hour the aquarium water can become cloudy, as dry food is an excellent food for millions of bacteria that begin to multiply in geometric progress.
4. Clean the aquarium bottom thorough at least aboutbottomth times a month, while pouring no more than 30% of water. Merged water is replaced by fresh, separated and necessarily the same temperature as the main water in the aquarium. And remember that maintaining cleanliness in the aquarium is the key to the health of your pets!
How to clean the aquarium wall :: how to clean the plexiglas from the white residue :: Animals :: Other
How to clean the wall of the aquarium
Proper care of the fish living in your home in an aquarium implies not only food, lighting, providing flora, but also timely thorough cleaning of the walls of the aquarium. Follow the recommendations and you will always be satisfied with the state of the water corner of nature.
The question "Why are cats not a commodity when there are already reviews about them?" - 1 reply
1. On the walls of the aquarium, especially in its upper part, lime deposits are usually accumulated. And often there are so many of them that a simple brush and hot water will not help. Better take a razor blade or razor. This machine is very convenient to clean the plaque. It is clear that such cleaning should be carried out in the absence of the inhabitants of the aquarium.
2. Try this method. Take a small rag and table salt. Thanks to them, you clean the bloom from algae. Intense mechanical movements simply remove unwanted dirt.
3. Buy in the hardware store tough washcloth, better metal. Go through the washcloth on the walls of the aquarium, the deposits and deposits will quickly be cleaned. But there are some downsides. The glass may scratch and defects will ruin the look of the aquarium.
4. Get a special scraper (wiper) for the aquarium, it gently cleans the surface of the glass. The price is quite affordable.
5. Drain all the water from the aquarium. Dampen a sponge or cloth in vinegar and rub the inner surface. This method is effective, most importantly, after such a procedure, thoroughly rinse the aquarium.
6. The thinner the bloom, the less you will have to sweat when cleaning it. Do not run the aquarium so that later, unable to cope with strong pollution, throw it away. The most difficult to clean aquariums from plexiglass. Be very careful when cleaning, do not scratch the walls.
7. Wash the walls of the aquarium at least once a month and inside and out. Do not use household detergents and fine sand, harmful to the inhabitants of the aquarium. Pollution control regularly.
8. To keep the inner walls of the aquarium clean will help fish-suckers and snails.
Try to soften the water, and you do not have to very often clean the walls of the aquarium.