How to calculate aquarium volume :: aquarium volume calculator :: Equipment and accessories
Tip 1: How to calculate the volume of the aquarium
Volume of your aquarium - This is the starting point for a dozen calculations. The type and quantity of fish and plants, the filter and heater characteristics, the dosage of medicines and fertilizers necessary for the successful functioning of your home ecosystem depend on the volume. How often beginner aquarists are guided by the figure indicated in the factory characteristics of the reservoir and are mistaken, sometimes irreparably for their pets. If you want to turn your aquarium into a real underwater kingdom, you will have to start with mathematics.
You will need
- - roulette
- - pencil and paper
- - calculator
1. If your tank is a parallelogram, you need to measure its width, depth and length from the outside and record these values.
2. Now you have to calculate the internal dimensions. To do this, measure the thickness of the tank wall, multiply by two and subtract the resulting figure from each measurement. For example, wall thickness aquarium 0.5 centimeters. You need to subtract a centimeter from the outer length to find the inner length.
3. Translate centimeters to meters and calculate the volume aquariumusing internal measurements. Multiply the length by the width and height, and you get the volume in cubic meters.
4. Now convert cubic meters to liters. In one cubic meter one thousand liters.
5. Take a standard 50 liter aquarium with a wall thickness of 0.5 centimeters and the following external dimensions of 54x27x35 centimeters. Its internal dimensions will be equal to 53x26x34 centimeters. We subtracted 1 centimeter from each measurement, the wall thickness aquariummultiplied by two. Its volume in cubic meters will be 0.54 x 0.26 x 0.35 = 0.0491 centimeters or 49 liters.
6. It would seem that the difference of 1 liter is not so significant, but this volume corresponds to the amount of water poured into the aquarium to the very edges and only if there is nothing else in the tank. If we do not add water to the edge aquarium at 3 centimeters, then it is still 0.5 liters less water. How do we know this? Multiplying the bottom area by the height from the water surface to the edge aquarium, that is, 0.54 x 0.29 x 0.03 and converting the resulting figure - 0.0042 - from cubic centimeters to liters.
7. Now you can take about a liter of water per volume occupied by the filter and heater. And somewhere in 0.5 liters of snags or other decorative ornaments. And do not forget the algae. But there is still ground! 2 centimeters of basalt crumb will take about 0.8 liters of the total volume. Thus, your 50-liter aquarium actually holds about 47 liters. And the larger the aquarium, the more noticeable the difference between the declared volume and the real one.
Tip 2: How to calculate the volume of the aquarium
An aquarium in a house is not only very beautiful. It has been proven that observing the underwater life calms the nerves, improves mood and puts thoughts in order. But in order that the underwater life not only looks harmonious, but also does not cause inconvenience to underwater inhabitants, it is necessary to create comfortable conditions for them, namely, to choose the right size. aquarium.
You will need
- calculator or the ability to count in the mind, aquarium scenery and soil, fish
1. First, think carefully about which fish you plan to place in the aquarium. It should not be very closely, otherwise internal wars are inevitable and, as a result, the death of tenants. And this is not what you want to put the aquarium. Therefore, it is necessary to know how much internal space this or that individual requires. As a rule, a peaceful small fish of medium size (5-8 cm) requires 10-15 liters. Accordingly, the larger the fish and the more aggressive it is, the more space it needs to get along peacefully with its neighbors.
2. Decide which interior decorations you want to place, which plants in which soil you plant.
We must not forget that the scenery, plants and soil occupy a certain amount of internal space of the aquarium. The thickness of the soil layer depends on the size of its particles and ranges from 3 to 8 centimeters. That is, the larger the particles, the thicker the soil should be in the aquarium. The background can also be voluminous (although more often it is not), so do not forget to take this into account.
3. Taking into account all the selected positions, calculate the volume of aquarium you need. As a rule, the volume is already indicated in the stores, and with the purchase you will know for sure whether this or that aquarium will suit you. But if you do not know exactly the volume of this particular aquarium, it can be calculated by the formula. To do this, multiply the length, depth and height of the aquarium in centimeters. We get the volume in centimeters cubic. This value must be multiplied by 0.001 to get liters. By choosing the right aquarium, you can create a beautiful corner in your own home and ensure a joyful happy life for its inhabitants.
If you want to achieve perfect accuracy in calculations, it is worth remembering that the proportion of basalt crumb, quartz, river sand is different.
In the network there are a large number of links to various aquarium calculators online. They allow you to calculate the volume of your aquarium and the weight of the soil necessary for its proper functioning.
❶ How to determine the volume of the aquarium :: Apartment and Cottage :: Other
How to determine the volume of the aquarium
The guidelines for breeding aquarium fish usually indicate how many liters of water are needed per pair. There are species of fish that will never grow to their normal size in a small vessel. For some guests too tight "house" can be disastrous. Therefore, the volume of the aquarium must be calculated in advance. You need to know it in the event that the fish are sick. Doses of drugs are also calculated on the volume.
The question "how to restore the certificate of registration of ownership of 1/4 apartments, the type of registered right is a common share ownership" - 1 answer
You will need
- - ruler, tape measure or measuring tape;
- - measuring vessel;
- - calculator.
1. Decide which volume you need - geometric or actual. The first is calculated in the same way as the volume of a geometric body of the corresponding form. Measure the length, width and height of the aquarium and multiply them. For measurements it is most convenient to use a tape measure or a measuring tape. This method has several drawbacks. Thus it is convenient to calculate the parameters of a rectangular or square vessel. But modern aquariums have the most bizarre form, and this method is not always suitable. In addition, water to the brim in the aquarium is never poured. And there are stones and shelters for some fish, and they also take volume.
2. Get measured dishes. You will need it in the future. This can be a vessel with tick marks or even an ordinary bucket or can, the volume of which you know. Measuring vessel allows you to determine the volume more accurately. Before settling the fish, you will still fill the aquarium with water. In many cases, this needs to be done several times. For example, when testing a homemade aquarium for tightness. But it is more convenient to calculate the volume immediately before settling the fish, when you have already processed the soil, stones and decorative elements.
3. Place the soil, shelter and bulk jewelry. You can put on one of the walls mark, to which you will pour water. Type water into the measuring dish and gently pour it into the aquarium. Fill your reservoir to the desired level, not forgetting to count how many times you have emptied the measuring vessel. Multiply its volume by the number of times. The advantage of this method is that it allows you to accurately calculate the volume of water in a vessel of any shape.
Usually the volume of the aquarium is determined in liters, so it may be necessary to convert the units of measurement, if suddenly there are other data on the measuring dish. In the international system, these are cubic meters or cubic centimeters. Use the table of units of measurement of physical quantities. Pints or cubic inches can stand on English or American dishes. Such measuring vessels are not found every day, but sometimes they come across. The very method of calculating the volume of this does not change. Calculate the number of units and translate it into the international system using a table and a calculator.
If the aquarium is very large, take a bucket as a measuring dish. You can pre-determine its exact volume using the same measuring utensils. Mark the height you poured
What is an aquarium calculator?
Sooner or later, many aquarists visit the idea of replacing their home pond with a more spacious one, or a more interesting and original one. There may be several options here: buy ready-made, order from a professional master or do it yourself. For those who like to experiment and "work with their hands," it is very important to think over everything in advance and calculate that the self-made aquarium will last a long time, and not fall apart in a day, creating a lot of problems for the owner. To help the craftsmen was created aquarium calculator. Let's understand what it is and why it is needed.
Calculator: what is, for what, what are
Calculators are called electronic computing devices, replacing mechanical and performing operations on numbers and algebraic formulas.
Among them are specialized, performing calculations in one very narrow sphere. This is also an aquarium calculator. What can be calculated with it:
- glass thickness;
- water volume;
- soil volume and mass;
- amount of fertilizer;
- lighting power;
- heater power;
- carbon dioxide content;
- fish landing density.
There are calculators for rectangular, cubic, angular, panoramic, cylinder aquariums.
Why glass thickness is important for aquarium
This indicator is in the first place for a reason. After determining the dimensions of the aquarium, the next step is to select the glass of the "correct" thickness.
- Too thin can not be: it will burst, the water will flood the neighbors, and all the fish will die.
- Too thick does not make sense either: it will make the structure heavier, reduce transparency and “hit the price”, because glass is about a third of the cost of an aquarium.
How to calculate the thickness of the glass for the aquarium
Usually for making
- 5-30-liter aquariums take 4mm glass;
- 30-80-liter - 5 mm;
- 80-150-liter - 6 mm;
- 150-220-liter - 8 mm;
- 220-300-liter - 1 cm.
However, if the aquarium is non-standard (high, narrow, irregular shape), then this rule needs to be amended.
The quality of the glass is also affected. For example, you cannot use old window or display windows. They have sags, blotches of bubbles, fatty film on the surface, and can also be damaged by welding and just age.
If you plan to make an aquarium that looks like a store, then you can simply measure the thickness of the glasses and add 1-2 mm. If there are no analogues in the store, then special formulas for calculating the strength of glasses will help. Required data on the height, width, depth of the aquarium and the strength of the glass.The disadvantages of these formulas are: any errors lead to strange results, and the tensile strength of the glass is often unknown.
Calculation of glass thickness for aquarium: a table that can help
It is not necessary to create difficulties for yourself from scratch. Experts have long calculated the thickness of the usual glass for the aquarium and tabulated the results in the table. Here is a well-reviewed table with many reviews, you can take note:
Stiffeners and screeds increase the strength of the aquarium. These are strips of glass about 2.5 cm wide, additionally glued from above flat to the front and rear walls, relieving tension and cleaning deflections from them. For long aquariums, they are simply necessary.
It is not necessary to use this particular plate, there are many others, both general and separate for the bottom and walls.
The most "advanced" option is to calculate the thickness of the glasses on an aquarium calculator. This is not only very convenient, but also correct! After all, not all ordinary aquarists can understand the accumulation of complex formulas that go beyond the average knowledge, and even calculate everything on paper, not to mention “in mind”.The developers note that the calculation is made with substantial reserves. And if suddenly as a result you get zero, then it is recommended to contact the experts with this question.
Aquarium calculator significantly simplifies life - entered the data, pressed the button, got the result! And in conclusion we say: no matter how you use it, do not be lazy to double-check the results, because it is better to spend more time on calculations and checking than on repairs and rework.
How to calculate the volume in liters :: how to calculate the number of liters in the tank :: Natural Sciences
How to calculate the volume in liters
Any liquid container, such as a can or water bottle, has a certain amount that is measured in liters. However, there are cases when the volume is known in cubic meters. In this case, you need to be able to translate meters into liters.
The question "And yet! What appeared first?" Egg or chicken? "" - 12 answers
1. There are several ways to calculate volume in liters. If you encounter a liquid that is packaged in a bottle, then there is always this volume indicated in liters. However, there are containers on which the volume is indicated in cubic meters. From primary school it is known that in 1 m ^ 3 = 1000 l. Accordingly, if you need to find the volume of any capacity in liters, you must multiply the specified value in cubic meters by 1/1000: a (l) = b (m ^ 3) * 0.001. Thus, you can calculate the volume in liters for a given volume, measured in m ^ 3. This is a simple translation from one SI unit of measurement to another. However, if you do not yet know the volume, you will need to first find it in meters, and then translate into liters.
2. Suppose you know only the mass of the liquid in the container. With the help of a simple formula, which is known from the school physics course, one can find the volume. The formula itself looks like this: p = m / V, where m is the mass of the liquid, p is the density of the liquid. You can find the density of the liquid based on the tabular data. In all physics textbooks, the densities of liquids are given, including water, oil, kerosene, mercury, etc. Accordingly, the volume is equal to: V = m / p (m ^ 3). Further, also according to the scheme, V (l) = V (m ^ 3) * 0.001.
3. If you know neither volume nor tare mass, but it is a clear stereometric figure, for example, a cylinder, the volume can be found in two stages: first you need to make experimental measurements, and then - algebraic calculations. To do this, you need to measure the radius of the base of the cylindrical container and its height. The volume of such a container will be equal to: V = πR ^ 2 * H, where R is the radius of the base of the container, H is the height (m ^ 3). Similarly, V (l) = V (m ^ 3) * 0.001.
How to calculate the volume in liters :: volume converted to liters :: Math
How to calculate the volume in liters
To calculate the volume of a body or substance in liters, you need to know its volume, expressed in other units. If the volume of the body is not known in advance, then it can be calculated in terms of mass and density. To measure the mass and density, there are special methods and tools.
The question "How to determine the volume of the pipe? If its length is 200m and the diameter is 65mm." - 3 replies
You will need
- calculator, scales, substance density tables
1. If the volume is specified in cubic decimeters (dm³), then the volume in liters expressed by the same number. Therefore, simply change the unit dm³ per liter (l).
Vl = Vdm³To convert to liters of volume specified in cubic meters (m³), multiply the specified numerical value by 1000.
Vl = Vm³ * 1000To convert to liters the volume specified in centimeters cubic (cm³) or milliliters (ml), divide the given numeric value by 1000.
Vl = Vcm³ / 1000 = Vml / 1000. To calculate the volume in litersif it is set to the deckliters (long) or buckets, multiply the number of decalitres by 10:
Vl = Vdl * 10
2. If the volume is given in non-metric units of measurement (national or household), use the following instruction: If the unit of measurement of a known volume is an American gallon, then to calculate the volume in liters, multiply it by 3,7854. Do the same with other units of volume: American Quart - multiply by 0.9464;
US gallon - 3.7854;
American dry barrel - 115.6270;
American Bushel - 35.2391;
American liquid barrel - 119,2400;
oil barrel - 158.9873;
imperial gallon - 4.5461;
Imperial Quart - 1.1365;
Imperial Pint - 0.5683;
Imperial ounce - 0.0284;
American pint - 0.4732;
US ounce - 0.0296;
imperial bushel - 36,3687;
teaspoon - 0.005;
tablespoon - 0.0148;
a mug - 1.23 (conditionally);
cup - 0,2;
cubic inch - 0,0164;
cubic feet - 28,3168.
3. If the volume of the body or fluid is unknown, then calculate it using the following formula:
V = m * p, where:
V is the desired volume
m is the mass of the body, fluid or substance
p is its density. If the body weight is unknown, then determine it by weighing. Find the density of the substance in the density tables.
The resulting volume will be in litersif the mass is given in grams (g) and the density is in grams per liter (g / l). In other cases, recalculate the volume in liters, using the above instructions.
Note that the density of water is 1000 g / l or 1 kg / l or 0.001 t / l. Therefore, to calculate the known mass of water in liters, simply:
weight in grams divided by 1000;
multiply the mass in tons by 1000;
массу воды в килограммах примите равной объему в литрах.
There is an aquarium, and how to determine how many liters it?
and you count :))))
V = S * h
S = a * b
in other words - multiply the length and width of the aquarium, and multiply by the height,
if you measure in centimeters - you will receive in cubic centimeters
1 liter = 1 cubic decimeter
simple ruler. or a similar measuring instrument:
length * width * height = cubic centimeters. see cubic / 1000 = liters
This, of course, if he parallelepiped. if round - then the bottle is easier
You can find out the exact displacement of the accident only after a primer, filter, heater, sprayer, caverns / grooves / grottoes, etc., are placed there. That's when you need to count liters, how much is really included. And already from this volume of water to make a start further at settling by small fishes and plants. For example, I have a volume of a small aquarium according to documents of 23 liters, but in reality I pour about 18 liters of water there. So I should be guided when settling it, not with the volume that goes according to the calculations of width and height, or which is written in the passport, but should assume that I have an 18-liter aquarium. And I have to rely on fish for 18 liters, and in no way will I choke on 23 ...
Help calculate the displacement of the aquarium
1 liter = 1cub. decimeter, i.e. length, width and height (that is, depth) are expressed in decimeters and multiply everything))) for example, you intended 57 cm = 5.7 dm, or 1m25 cm = 12.5 dm and well 40 cm = 4 dm and etc. we multiply 5.7 * 12.5 * 4 = 285l
Remember Archimedes method
Pour a full bath and shove the aquarium there, making sure that the water inside the aquarium does not flow until it stops.
How much of the bath will pour out,
then turn over and take water into the grooves where the air was held in and subtract it
as many liters will be (adjusted for the thickness of the walls of the aquarium, compression of air in the sinuses and the surface tension of the water - they can usually be neglected)
the sum of all "along * across * vertical" for each small section, taking into account all the coefficients of the form
Who knows how to: calculate the displacement of the aquarium, if you know the length, width and height?
Express the length, width and height in decimeters (1 decimeter = 10 centimeters), and multiply these three numbers. It turns out the volume in liters.
And if you multiply in centimeters, you get the answer in milliliters! In one liter there are a thousand!
Multiply the length by the width and by 0.95 in height (the aquarium is not filled to the brim). One liter of water is one cubic decimeter. A decimeter is 10 centimeters. So, if the dimensions are in centimeters, then after multiplication you need to divide the result by 1000. You will get liters. For example: 100 cm. X 100 cm. X 100 cm. = 1,000,000 cubic centimeters. Divide by 1000 and get 1000 cubic decimeters or 1000 liters. Thus, a cubic aquarium with a side of one meter holds a ton of water.
Build an aquarium. Help calculate the glass thickness.
Chart showing the calculation of the thickness of the vertical walls of the aquarium
* for glasses fixed on all four sides
For example, take 90 liters, as not too big and not very small. How many and whom can you settle there? Long and meticulously we select the population and .... Overshot! As in the aquarium with dimensions of 0.6x0.3x0.5h meters (standard pet-shop aquarium) the volume is not at all 90 liters. We count (the calculation scheme is given in meters):
Such an aquarium can be glued together from either 5mm glass or 6mm glass. Subtract from the length and width of 1 cm (for 5 mm glass) or 1.2 cm (for 6 mm glass), we get the bottom area - 0.59 x 0.29 = 0.1711 m2 or 0.588 x 0.288 = 0, 169344 m2. Scared so many numbers are not worth it, then shorten. The internal height of the aquarium will be 0.495 for 5 mm glass and 0.494 for 6 mm glass. We multiply the bottom area by the height: 0.1711х0.495 = 0.0846945 - with rounding - 0.85 m3, 0.169344х0.494 = 0.083655936 with rounding - 0.84 m3. Translate into liters (1m3 = 1000 liters). It turns out that the 90-liter aquarium of 5-mm glass holds 85 liters, and of 6-mm glass - 84 liters. This is if the water is poured to the eyeballs! In reality, water is not topped up to the edge by 1-2 cm. And a layer of soil 3-4 cm is also placed on the bottom. It turns out to be even less volume. That is (further calculations are only for an aquarium of 5 mm glass), - the bottom area is 0.1711x0.05 = 0.008555 m3 or 8.6 liters out of 85 left, 76.4 liters are left. The volume occupied by the filter on such an aquarium - a liter of a half, remains in the dry, or rather in the wet, residue 75 liters. This is without koryag, stones, etc. For these beauties, discard another from 1 to 5 liters, and possibly more. As you can see, from 70 liters there are only 70-73 liters. From this figure it is necessary to proceed by selecting the population in the aquarium. And when you start, be sure to count the really poured water.