Drip aquarium - an unpleasant, but quite common situation. Most often it is caused by the fact that the sealant, which is used to process the joints between the walls (seams), loses its quality over time and begins to pass water.
Often in these cases it is recommended to replace the house for aquarium fish, however, what to do if the cost of such an acquisition is large enough (for example, a large displacement). To seal the damaged place is quite real. It is possible that the renovated aquarium will serve for a very long time, if done carefully and correctly.
Preparation for repair
Even if a noticeable leak is in the upper part of the tank, the inhabitants of the aquarium will have to be relocated from their home.
- First, repairs will bother them.
- Secondly, it will not work conveniently.
- Thirdly, materials suitable for repair (for example, silicone sealant) emit harmful substances.
It is also necessary to remove water, pebbles, sand and plants from the container, and then wash the container.
This preparatory work does not end there. It is necessary to reveal everything, even the smallest leaks in order to seal the aquarium as securely as possible, and not to decide what to do if after a short period of time a similar problem appears in another seam.
Any paper with high hygroscopicity can serve as an "indicator" of a leak. For example, corrugated, which is used for creativity. Even ordinary cheap gray toilet paper will do.
The washed aquarium is filled with water again and wipe dry the outer surface of the container. After that, each side in turn tightly pressed the paper and wait for some time. If the aquarium began to flow even in such a way that it was imperceptible during operation, a small leak would mark itself with a wet spot on the paper.
Before you seal the joint, it is necessary to clean it from the remnants of the sealant. What tools to use for this depends on the size of the gap.
- For a large gap fit a sharp knife.
- For a very narrow gap, experienced aquarists recommend a conventional Sputnik or Neva blade. For ease of operation, it is better to break it in half horizontally, and for your own safety, glue the part that you hold onto with tape, plaster or tape.
Before starting to fill the seam with silicone sealant, two more preparatory operations are required.
- The edges of the walls, cleaned from the old composition, most likely, will not be too dirty, however, they should be degreased for reliability.
- In order to make the seam neat, it is possible to glue the areas adjacent to the seam with any material suitable for this, in much the same way as it is done with glass when painting window frames.
What to do in the process of filling the seam with sealant: pay attention to the beauty of the seam or spend the gel or paste "with a margin"? Experts recommend not to regret the silicone sealant within reason - it will not be difficult to cut off the excess of the frozen mass with the same blade.
In the process of filling the seams, sealant is better to seal, "pushing" into the gap, for example, nail file.
Important: carefully read the annotation to the solution when choosing (the composition should be designed for constant contact with water) and follow its recommendations during operation.
After waiting for the necessary time for hardening and cutting off the protruding dried drops and drips, you should check the aquarium for tightness again. If the paper shows no leaks - the work is done qualitatively.
Aquarists recommend waiting for about a day to get rid of toxic sealant secretions, and only then settle the fish in their renovated house.
If the inhabitants had to be resettled urgently and in violation of comfort, you can return them back immediately. The degree of release of any substances frozen solution is not significant. Just in case, during the first day, increase the air supply rate.
How to repair an aquarium :: cracked an aquarium how and where to fix it :: Apartment and chalet :: Other
Tip 1: How to repair an aquarium
Aquarium is a colorful and lively picture in the house, its inhabitants are bizarre and unusual, and the care for them and their home is fascinating, but requires a lot of knowledge. Unfortunately, there are situations when it is impossible to do without serious interference in the life of fish and plants - repair of an aquarium is required.
The question "how to restore the certificate of registration of ownership of 1/4 apartments, the type of registered right is a common share ownership" - 1 answer
You will need
- Glass trimming, silicone glue, safety razor blade, container for temporary disembarkation of aquarium fish, plants, snails.
1. One of the most common problems associated with maintaining an aquarium is the flow of water. First, determine the cause of the puddle. Visually determine the place where water seeps from: it can be any of the seams, a crack in the bottom or side wall.
2. Sometimes novice aquarists sound the alarm for nothing. A small puddle can appear over and over again, do not rub much, just because the temperature of the water is noticeably higher than room temperature, and condensate that collects on the lamp or the lid of the aquarium drains over the rear window or the seam of the aquarium. In this case, you should simply eliminate the run-off of drops on the outside.
3. If, however, water flows through the seam, prepare a temporary shelter for all the inhabitants of your aquarium. This may be another tank or some kind of glass container, for example, a few cans. Calculate that for each fish at least the required minimum of water is obtained, or arrange a strong aeration so that they do not suffocate.
4. Depending on the size of your pet's temporary dwelling, place the aquarium plants with them or in a separate container with water. Soil, stones, snags and ornaments fold separately. Rinse and dry the aquarium under repair.
5. Carefully inspect the seam through which water flowed. If you find a small bubble in the layer of glue, squeeze out a little silicone glue, coat the bubble with a spatula to the maximum filling of the void. If the glue has lagged behind at a greater length of the seam, then it is worth separating this wall or bottom, cutting the glue with a safety razor blade and degreasing it, and gluing it again.
6. After the glue has completely dried, fill the aquarium with fresh water, after 3-5 days, change it, even after the same time, arrange the aquarium with soil, driftwood and plants, and in a day or two, run the fish and the rest of the inhabitants.
7. In the event that a leak appears as a result of a crack at the bottom, pour silicone in the form of a 5x5 cm grid over the entire area, put a piece of glass of the same thickness as the bottom, but slightly smaller. Fill the gaps with glue, after freezing, perform the same operations as in step # 3.
8. If a crack is found in one of the vertical glasses, it is better to replace it with a new one. This usually comes from bending too thin glass under water pressure, therefore stiffening ribs between the side planes and the screed between the front and rear glass at the top edge should be glued in, which will prevent deformation under load.
Tip 2: How to fix the aquarium
Breeding fish at home is an interesting occupation, contributing to the pacification of a person’s mental state and stabilization of his nervous activity. But, having an aquarium at home, we have to solve the problems that arise with it. If the water tank has drained and a puddle forms regularly under it, the tank should be immediately repaired without waiting for its irreversible damage.
You will need
- - silicone sealant and a gun to it;
- - acetone;
- - glass.
1. Carefully inspect aquarium and determine the location of the leak. Inspect the luminaire and cover glass, you may have picked up ordinary condensate flowing on the table for a leak, in which case repair aquarium not necessary.
2. Purchase a silicone sealant in the store, it is best to take a special seal, marked "for aquariums. "In the absence of this, you can take a universal glass, but make sure that it does not contain antifungal additives. It is advisable to use a gun to squeeze the sealant, because without it you will not be able to apply the glue evenly.
3. If water gradually seeps through the through-bubble in the seam (passage through the entire width of the adhesive joint), then try to drop the silicone into this place and press so that it passes inside. Do the same from the inside. aquariuma, smear the protruding part of the glue with a spatula or finger.
4. If the water flows along the entire seam and there are no bubbles visible, it is likely that the glue has departed due to poor degreasing. In this case, it does not cost anything to gloss over, the seam will in any case go further. Try one of the following options. Find a glass of the same full-length thickness. aquariuma and about 6-7 cm thick. Then degrease the surface with acetone. Apply a mesh of silicone sealant and tightly attach a strip of glass to the bottom, pressing it to the front glass (between the end of the adhesive strip and the glass should be a layer of glue of at least 1 mm). The other end of the strip is also well smeared with sealant so that there are no bubbles. A week aquarium must dry, then you can pour water and run the fish.
5. A more cardinal method for sealing aquariuma: remove all the glass and carefully clean the old silicone (cut off the main mass with a knife, and wash off the rest with soap and water, wipe it clean with paper). Wipe the glass where the seam will be made with a sponge moistened with acetone, then apply a layer of sealant and apply a wall aquariumbut. Spread the silicone over the seam with any tool, even with your finger.
6. If the bottom is cracked aquariuma, take a strip of glass overlapping the crack and degrease all with acetone. Spray the bottom with a silicone sealant and attach the strip. Once again, make a good coat of all the ends, ensuring tightness, there should not be a single bubble or gap. Leave aquarium dry for a week. Before you put it in place, make sure that the entire bottom surface will rest on the table top, otherwise repair will not help for long.
Silicone glue should never be sanitary, it will poison the inhabitants of the aquarium.
Newly purchased aquarium immediately carry to the store for an exchange, homemade - repair.
Glue for an aquarium. How to glue the aquarium?
Having a home aquarium is quite useful. According to psychologists, watching the fish, a person calms down, relaxes. Yes, and the kind of colorful, beautiful fish, quickly moving around the aquarium, always happy!
Today, the pet market is quite diverse. Therefore, beginner fish breeders most often acquire a ready-made aquarium. But aquarists with experience, as a rule, prefer to do them on their own. After all, this is the way to achieve the desired size and volume.
The choice of glass for the aquarium
In order to self-glue the aquarium, it is necessary, first of all, to prepare the necessary materials.
It is better to order glasses in the workshop, because the machine performs cutting there (cutting accuracy in this case is higher). When ordering, be sure to clarify that it is necessary glass for the aquarium. It should be silicate, only the highest grade and 8-10 mm thick, since the thinner may not be strong enough and can not withstand the pressure of water.
All glasses are divided into 2 groups - window and polished. The former have a more affordable price, but for the manufacture of aquariums can not be used. The characteristic waviness and greenish tint will have a negative impact on the appearance of the finished product. In polished glass there are no such disadvantages, it provides a perfectly flat surface.
Before you glue the aquarium, you should choose the method of assembly. There are two of them:
- Vertical sides set to the bottom. So glue small aquariums, but this method is rarely used.
- The walls are glued around the bottom. This method ensures the strength and reliability of the finished product.
Glue for aquarium
Self-bonding aquarium involves the correct choice of adhesive. Silicone must be present in its composition.
When choosing, you should carefully examine the packaging. Glue for the aquarium should be designed specifically for this product. Its composition should not include antibacterial substances that are detrimental to fish and plants.
Aquarium glass adhesive can be of several colors:
- black (looks great in large aquariums).
For those who glue the product for the first time, it is better to choose a transparent glue for aquariums (waterproof). For ease of use it is recommended to purchase a special gun that helps squeeze the tool.
Silicone sealants are considered the most universal remedy. Their advantages:
- long service life;
- means provides reliable coupling with any surface;
- silicone is easy to use;
- does not emit harmful substances.
In addition, the glue for the aquarium freezes quite quickly, in just 20 minutes, and after a day the polymerization is finally completed. The seams are very strong. At the same time, silicone retains its elasticity. Before starting to use a sealant, make sure that the surfaces to be treated are clean, dry and degreased.
In addition to silicone, you can use epoxides. However, they are more fluid, harden for a long time and require more thorough cleaning of the surface.
Convenient to use cold welding. This remedy is chemically inert, seizes in a few minutes.
Cyacrines are also good, only when gluing the aquarium between the parts should be small gaps.
If you can not find aquarium sealant, you can purchase a tool that is intended for plumbing or dishes. Only in its composition should not be antifungal additives.
Pasting of an aquarium
The work is carried out in several stages:
- To protect the glass from contamination, glue it over with masking tape. From each edge leave a distance equal to the thickness of the glass.
- All surfaces are degreased - rubbed with an acetone containing agent or alcohol.
- The glue joint should be made as smooth as possible. To do this, put on the end of a little silicone. After hardening, cut it off with a blade, leaving a small ledge above the glass. It will help to make a uniform seam.
- Gluing is carried out on a solid and flat surface, covered with polyethylene. First, the glass is glued, which will be located in front, then - the side and all the other parts. Excess glue for the aquarium from the glass should be removed with a cloth previously moistened with a solution of water and vinegar.
- After about an hour, the seams need to be smeared with silicone and leave the product to dry. Aquarium is ready to use.
Help! Burst aquarium at the junction, tell me what to stick? So washed the seams from the black.
sorry, but all the answers are wrong (((
Presumably, you have a glued frameless aquarium of silicate glass (because there are still alternatives).
And of course it is unclear what exactly happened:
1) really burst the glass near the seam
2) broke the glue line
3) began to leak glue seam
depending on paragraphs 1-3 actions will vary.
First: the aquarium can be glued ONLY with aquarium sealant !!!
Moreover, not all brands of akv. sealants are equally good. Yes, this question is more relevant for fairly large volumes (from 150-200l) and yet.
(In any case, the aquarium should be freed from the contents and dried. Glasses should be cleaned and wiped before applying glue and MUST be degreased. To do this, you can use alcohol, acetone or acetic essence, there are arguments that the latter is the best. Next: a glue tube (before work) be sure to warm up to t-ry 35-37 With otherwise it is disgusting, uneven and with traffic jams squeezed through the nose, remains thick and does not spread on the surface of contact
1) cracked glass - the most unreliable case. It is customary to change all the glass. If the volume is small or the crack is not at the bottom (the load is small) - a strip of glass is cut out and glued to the crack as a lining.
2) and 3) - similar problems.
2) the entire glue line is cut off with a knife and pulled out of its place. Glasses are thoroughly cleaned from residual glue, degreasing. and completely new glue joint is applied (dexterity is needed)
3) if the seam is insignificant. leaking you can try to do with "little blood": to clean the old seam from dirt, sand, dry and degrease. Then apply a new glue roller. Unaesthetic, if only reliably.
After applying the glue quickly forms a "crust", but the full drying lasts a long time. The label says: the rate of polymerization - 2 mm / day. No patience to wait so much (3 days on average)? Then sign up to the squad of extremes, depending on the number of floors under your apartment.
Successes in the fight with the leak !!!
PS: what did you do? from what blacks washed? really tried to cut the "unaesthetic" factory seam that as a result tore it off? So it should not be done.
ЗЫ2: you can remove the remnants of the old glue (for laying a new one), for example, with a construction knife with a blade being broken off, it should always be as sharp as possible (fresher)
ЗЫ3: after drying ac. fill it with water to check the leak and to wash out toxicants.
if it is possible, remove fish and plants, and add ordinary cement to the water, if the crack is not large, (for “tightening” you need from 3 to 10 days) and if not, you can try to glue with car glue for gluing glasses or auto sealant for seams APPU40 (a powerful thing but glued to everything including, and it is difficult to wash your hands), but this chemistry is a matter of toxicity for fish!? !!
Drip the aquarium over the side seam! What to do?
You clean the old sealant, degrease the edges of the gluing, apply a new layer of silicone sealant (necessarily marked aqua, people praise Chemlyuks), clamp and dry, 1mm of the layer dries for about a day, then check for leaks and voila, start the capacity ...
Completely drain the aquarium, dry, remove the old sealant, degrease the glass with a solvent and re-glue the special. aquarium sealant (rub 250 balloon). You allow to dry for 3 days (setting speed is 1 mm per day), pour water for a day, drain, process with whiteness or a solution of permanganate and can make a new launch
what size aquarium. if a little is easier to replace Advice about entrusting a specialist ... In the production of an aquarium, it is cheaper to glue a new one than to repair an old one.
so the seam is quite possible to glue itself if the bank is not a minor, up to 200 liters, we may well live. but in general, if the adhesion of silicone to glass is bad, makeshift adhesive, then after a few years the seams begin to creep, so it may continue ...
but in general there are aquariums with lids and thumbs in the shops ... and so the glass part of small aqriums up to 200 liters is the cheapest in them, the lid and thumbs are worth the money, so the glass part is sometimes easier to replace, better for a serial manufacturer so that it will not happen.
Is it possible to seal the crack in the aquarium or is it easier to buy a new one?
You can try the aquarium sealant, pre-scribing the glass all over the trash and degreasing, apply glue, stick some cloth on it, or gauze, or, best of all, fiberglass, and smear again. But if there is a crack, it will fall soon on. When - here, as lucky, it is better to miss the mark from 2 sides.
Generally they say: dry, seal and throw out! Try to dry, degrease, and there is such a paste in tubes 2 in 1 Poksipol (only written in English, I'm over). Sold in any order. the store. It goes -2 tubes, white and gray, mix and glue. But glass is glass ... The property of a paste becomes like a stone. Try, experiment! Good luck!
Yes, you can, in the bird market they will explain and teach you how to do it. There and buy a sealant. It used to be sold in a hardware store, sealant for aquariums. (if you buy the wrong one, then the fish will die). In general, cover up the dried aquarium so that there is no moisture.
Is it possible to glue a crack along the bottom of the aquarium?
even a crack from edge to edge can be normally stuck ... especially at the bottom ... if the aquarium is glass
choose a new piece of glass with a width of 15-20cm, so that it completely covers the length of the crack
buy ordinary silicone (but on the package should be drawn aquarium or it is written that is suitable for gluing the aquarium)
fill the crack with silicone and close with a piece of glass ... let stand for 4-6 days ... then soak a week (2 times a day, drain the water and refill the aquarium
In general, you can, a lot of ways.
For example: along the crack of plasticine you need to make a zholobok and pour liquid glass into it, after hardening plasticine remove.
Take a narrow strip of glass or plastic along the length of the crack, smear with superglue or any other strong glue and attach the strip to the crack. Naturally everything is done on dry and degreased glass.
I would replace !! and the crack can be sealed with silicone, but to sleep peacefully and not think about the crack buy a new aquas ... good luck ... and continue to lay a sheet of foam plastic under the bottom of the aquarium, it aligns the irregularities on the surface of the tabletop where the aquas are