Starting the aquarium from scratch: step-by-step instructions for creating a new aquarium
LAUNCH OF AQUARIUMThe launch of the aquarium is the most important starting point in the life of the aquarium world! That is why, this issue should be given maximum attention. Due to the fact that Forum FanFishka.ru users regularly ask questions about the proper start of the aquarium, about the first month of its life, it became necessary to supplement this article with this preface, the goal of which is to expand the aquarium novice everything in a simple and understandable way and give a basis for understanding the essence of the aquarium. The first thing you should pay attention to is that we all have different aquariums: in terms of parameters, in aquatic organisms, etc. In this connection, it is simply not possible to display the standard of launch and further care of the aquarium. Each "bank" has its own specifics, its own nuances. From this, it is possible to make an important conclusion - before doing something, a novice aquarist should independently read, study information on the specificity of the content of certain aquatic organisms, a beginner should thirstyly absorb information about the nuances of the content of his aquarium. Without this, nowhere! As they say, you will not help yourself, no one will help you! A common misconception of people is their understanding of the essence of the aquarium - as a kind of can of water and fish. Far from it! An aquarium is not only water, fish and aquarium plants. This is a whole microcosm - an almost closed biological system, in which, as in nature, everything is interconnected. It should be understood that the aquarium is a collection of hydrobiotic, i.e. of all living aquarium organisms and these are not only fish and plants, they are also mollusks, crustaceans, algae, protozoa, bacteria and fungi. Can say that The aquarium as such is a compound organism consisting of a chain of "living links"!
From this we can draw another important conclusion that the primary task of an aquarist is to establish a well-coordinated work of all links in the chain. You can often hear the expressions: "aquarium balance", "biological balance", "healthy aquarium", "right aquarium", etc. - in essence, this means that the aquarium works like a clockwork, where all the gears are in place and perform their function.
Also, it should be understood that the aquarium is a complex mechanism. The processes that take place in it are complex and diverse. A frequent delusion of a newbie is the thought that: “Here I’ll throw a pill right now, which I’m recommended and everything will pass,” no ... no ... no and no! There are no magic pills. All aquarium hydrochemistry only makes life easier for an aquarist, but is not the key to success. For a deeper understanding, here are some examples of some processes (chains) that take place in an aquarium.
Example number 1. The so-called "Nitrogen cycle"
Fish waste and dead organics (hereinafter referred to as "PJ") are regularly released into the water.
Under the action of beneficial bacteria - nitrifying, PJ breaks up into poisons:
first ammonia / ammonium (NH3 / NH4),
then nitrites (NO2),
then to nitrates (NO3),
and then, by bacteria denitrifiers, nitrates decompose to a gaseous state and are removed from the aquarium.
Example number 2 "Nitrogen cycle with plants"
PJ, regularly fall into the water.
Under the action of beneficial bacteria - nitrifying, PJ breaks up into poisons:
NO3 nitrates (or more precisely nitrogen N) are fertilizer for aquarium plants and are used by them in the process of photosynthesis.
If the process of photosynthesis is adjusted (there is a proper amount of refreshment, CO2 and other fertilizers in the aquarium), the plants “pull out nitrates” take nitrogen (N) and release water H2O and oxygen (О2), which is very useful for aquatic organisms and in general for oxidation processes.
Example number 3 "Negative"
PJ, regularly fall into the water. And in the aquarium there are not enough good bacteria, no plants.
The concentration of poisons accumulates, deadly for all living things.
Aquarium, as a holistic organism "Sits and thinks what should I do? How can I reduce the concentration of poisons ... and here I am reminded of algae disputes that are always in a state of depression in aquarium water"
There is an "algal flash" - the aquarium is covered with the lower plant world: green, brown, black algae.
Due to the algae, the aquarium is trying to get rid of harmful substances.
Well, then, if you don’t remember it in time ... the aquarium is overgrown with "greenery", goes dead, turns sour and dies!
You can continue to continue to give examples of the relationship of individual elements of the aquarium chain. A lot of them! But I think the essence is clear. Additionally, see the material: MUTT AQUARIUM, Nitrates and nitrites in an aquarium. And here we come to the main task of this article - to the question, how can an aquarist help his family aquarium, at the start and the first month of life?
The most important thing that a happy owner of a new aquarium should understand is that in a young aquarium there is no bioblans at all - that is, in fact, nothing works: there is no proper amount of bacteria, fungi, freshly planted plants have not yet been strengthened, etc. ... and the fish already give out PJ, some leaves of the plants die, the remnants of under-fed food decompose ....
In this connection, below I will cite a set of rules for the care of an aquarium in the first month:
1. As a general rule, in the first month of fish in the aquarium, for obvious reasons, should not be. Often, newbies ask ... well, you can, well, you can already plant a fish))) By myself I know, this is a heel-burning desire to have the first fish! Therefore, I will answer this way - it is possible, but carefully))) ... it is desirable to at least wait two weeks ... well, at least a week))) At the same time, it is necessary to start populating the aquarium with fish gradually, starting with the most stoic and unpretentious. Which often are catfish like fish (for example, Corridors, Ancistrus). Well, then, if everything is normal, you can already look at and sit down "the main characters of your aquarium theater."
Often in the vast Runet can be found opinions and statements, such content: "Ty you think, I immediately put the fish in the aquarium and everyone is alive!" I note that this attitude to the question is not valid. Why? The answer will be given by this visual table about the growing concentration of poisons in the first month of aquarium life.
From this table it is clear that poisonous substances simply "climb up" and go off scale, because there are no bacteria, no balance. And now imagine, you bring the first cabin from the pet store! I note that in most pet stores fish are in poor conditions, and therefore, the health of most of them is not the best. So, from transplantation and transportation of your fish, in addition, stress, here it is also planted in a new aquarium with other parameters of water, and besides, the concentration of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates is too high in the water !!! What happens to a fish? ... A fish with a strong immunity will "tolerate" and everything can cost, a fish with weak immunity will get sick and will need to be treated, the treatment will negatively affect the condition of the aquarium as a whole and complicate the life of the aquarist several times, well, and the fish without Immunity just a day, two "stick together flippers."
2. In the first month of the life of the aquarium they try not to bother! What does it mean? This means: you do not need to constantly climb into it, you do not need to do the cleaning, change the water, or siphon the aquarium floor! Yes Yes Yes!!! Exactly!!! It would seem that if we clean everything thoroughly, siphon and rub everything, then there will be no PJ, and therefore no problems! But, unfortunately, with these actions we only prevent useful microorganisms from developing.
For example, only in water, only a colony of beneficial bacteria has formed, only a favorable environment has been formed, and we have to change the water again and fill in fresh “empty” water! Or, for example, the bottom of an aquarium ... after all, in essence, this is a biological filter - “a house where 90% of our beneficial bacteria live” ... for the first, second week they just started to “occupy a new place”, and we siphon them suck out of the house !!!
Of course, the above is not a dogma, but as a general rule, it is recommended not to clean the aquarium (and all its equipment) during the first month. Thus, we give the opportunity to the aquarium, which is called "insist".
3. Since water is not sterile, sooner or later the aquarium will independently “fill” with invisible to the human eye organisms. Nevertheless, it is possible and even necessary to use aquarium hydrochemistry, which helps the aquarium to gain bio-balance. it Tera safestart and Tetra aquasafeand Tetra bactozymand Tetra NitratMinus, Tetra NitrateMinus Pearls, Sulfur nitrivek, zeolite and many, many other analogues, about which you can read the full information on the pages of our site. The essence of their action is simple:
- some preparations “ennoble water”, i.e. they make water suitable for habitat of aquatic organisms (AquaSafe) and contribute to their reproduction of beneficial bacteria (Bacozyme).
- others are ready concentrate, those most useful bacteria that fight poisons (Tetra SafeStart, Sera Nitrivek).
- either at a biological or chemical level, the concentration of poisons is reduced (Zeolite, Sulfur Toksivek, Tetra Nitrate Minus).
All these drugs can be used both individually and together. THE NOTE: In a pet shop or with friends of aquarists, you can ask for a squeeze from a filter that worked in a healthy aquarium. This squeeze - brown slurry contains a huge number of beneficial bacteria, i.e. essentially replaces starter drugs. You just need to pour it into your aquarium for three hours after squeezing.
1. It is important not only to install the aquarium correctly and connect everything, this is only half the battle.
2. It is necessary, as thoroughly as possible, to understand and understand that an aquarium is a complete organism, a closed corner of nature in your home, and not just a vessel with fish.
3. Aquarium is not a picture, set and forgotten. It requires attention, patience and perseverance. It is necessary to read, learn and try to improve your aquarium - this is the beauty of aquarism. You need to learn to see "aquarium by eye", you need to learn how to "feel it."
4. At the same time, you should always follow the golden rule - the aquarium does not like sudden movements. Everything needs to be done with the mind, gradually and not from the bay-floundering!
Below are links to forum branches, guys who have already launched an aquarium and have passed the test of the "first, aquarium month at FanFishka", from which you can additionally gather information:
Launch and arrangement of the aquarium of 132 liters - Forum
New one hundred liter aquarium, start from scratch. - Forum
Run a 200 liter aquarium with scalaris - Forum
Launching a new aquarium - Fish are dying - Forum
My first aquarium is 100 liters - Aquarium forum
Equipment and running aquarium 200 liters - Forum
My first aquarium is 180 liters, help with the launch - Forum
Launch of shrimp on 70 liters - Aquarists Forum
Below is a link to the material of our "forum bee" and moderator Yanina, in which she shares her impressions and experiences when launching her 600l. aquarium with goldfish.
STARTING A GREAT AQUARIUM
step-by-step example of arrangement of the aquarium world
And also, the curious story of our forum member Iren2321, about his impressions when launching the first aquarium
My first aquarium is a novice pathFrom admin: About ten months ago, Irene appeared on the site FanFishka.ru Iren2321 - a girl with a kind and sympathetic heart, dreaming with all her soul about her first aquarium ... It was communication with her that finally formed my opinion then that the key to success of any site is: kindness, love for everything you do and selfless help to your neighbor ...
Now, FF is a huge circle of friends, it is a lively, interesting communication, it is an exchange of experience and emotions, AND THIS MEANS THAT THE STRATEGY OF RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT IS TRUE!
The following article is a report of Irina, the result of the help of all members of the forum of FF set out in this forum thread - / forum / 4-243-1.
* * * The last 5 years, one of my most cherished wishes was to acquire an aquarium! I really wanted to see - this is a “bubbling gurgling” miracle, with bright inhabitants and beautiful design inside. Sit in the kitchen, drink tea and admire ... And so! Dreams Come True! Thanks to the forum users of our beloved FF, I decided to purchase an aquarium. At once I will say that pleasure is not cheap, therefore, having a fairly limited budget, I tried to balance my “want” and “I can” as much as possible.
The aquarium itself can be bought cheaply, but everything, even the most necessary, equipment and accessories "will fly into a pretty penny."
The first thing that I pushed off when choosing the shape and size of the aquarium is the place where it will stand. Based on the recommendations of Feng Shui equipment, personal preferences and maximum efficiency of space use, the only place in our small apartment that was suitable for an aquarium was only the kitchen. It is quite large and spacious, moreover, there was a free space between two windows with a width of 70 cm.
In my opinion, quite a good option:
1. Kitchen - it is always convenient to maintain the aquarium.
2. The flow of the filter does not interfere with sleep (as a result, it turned out to be noiseless).
3. A great place to properly admire the aquarium - just opposite the dining table. The center of the aquarium is at eye level.
It turns out that you need an aquarium that would fit in the width between the windows, but was not too small to be in harmony with the interior of the kitchen.
The second thing I was thinking about for a very long time was how much I could properly equip the aquarium without having the slightest experience in aquarism.
After much deliberation, consultations with experienced aquarists, I stopped at an aquarium of an average volume of 100 liters. This is not much, but not enough. A larger aquarium will be of unacceptable size for me, and a smaller one will cause a lot of difficulties in setting up a biosystem.
The next question is the shape of the aquarium.
I liked the traditional rectangular shape of the aquarium and the lens (with a convex front glass). The decisive factor in determining the shape of the aquarium was the financial aspect. To save money, I decided to order the manufacture of an aquarium, so the choice fell on a rectangle. He glued him not a professional (as I understood later), but simply a man who had already pasted several aquariums and had succeeded.
The size of the aquarium is 70 * 35 * 40 cm, i.e. in fact, not even 100 liters, but 90 liters.
Yes, it came out cheaper than buying an aquarium in a store, but there are still some flaws. Stiffeners were glued at the top of the aquarium with a height of 7 cm, which visually and functionally reduced its height. Self-adhesive was glued poorly and during transportation scratches were made on the glass. All this, of course, made me very upset, but this is my FIRST aquarium !!!! After 3 months, no problems with the quality of glued seams have arisen, which means that everything is not so bad! :)
Installation of an aquarium For the time being, she adapted an old Soviet book table as a pedestal for the aquarium: they removed the castors and extendable supports, put pieces of linoleum under the legs, checked both sides of the table with a level. A piece of polystyrene 5 cm high was put under the aquarium (which house they found). Later disguised him with MDF sheets. Already 3 months is so aquarium, the table cover is not bent.
Preparing the aquarium for launch Aquarium washed without diligence, i.e. without washing and cleaning, filled with water for a day to check the quality of the seams. All is well! Water leaked.
Lighting The issue of lighting dealt with my husband. He took out a Soviet lamp from the bins and glued it to the glass, the dimensions of which corresponded to the width of the aquarium, but less than its depth, so that there would be a gap for the wires and the possibility of feeding the fish. To the inside of the lamp pasted mirror as reflector. The luminaire has built-in 2 LD fluorescent lamps of 20 W each (which were also available).
Equipment While I was waiting for the aquarium, I ordered the most necessary equipment in the online store:
1. Internal filter, Aquael FAN 3 Plus.
2. Thermostat Xilong AT-700, 200 watts.
3. Timer Feron TM12 - timer daily electro-mechanical compact.
4. The background is two-sided.
The filter, in my humble experience of a novice aquarist, copes well with cleaning 100 liters of water.
The timer is a necessary thing, you can buy it at an electrical appliance store, it costs 5 cu very helpful. Set the lighting time and the light turns on and off when needed.
With gluing the background did not work out. The background was pasted together with her husband in a hurry, they hurried to launch the aquarium. Husband insisted glue on the soap, he just knew how to do it. Glued from the outside of the aquarium.
- the background never stuck.
- there were terrible soap patterns, which were perfectly visible in the foreground of the aquarium.
In the end, I watched this unpleasant picture for another month, and then spat - peeled off the background, rubbed the back wall dry and glued it on the sides with adhesive tape, temporarily. It became easier for me, even if the terrible white divorces are not visible.
Conclusion: you need to glue the background correctly and from inside the aquarium. See the article on FF - here.
The choice of soil and its preparation. Errors made. Soil I chose the black basalt fines. I needed 20 kg of soil for my volume of aquarium, which is, of course, right next to it, and a little more.
Soil I washed 3 times. Tired and decided that would be enough. Was wrong. После того, как залила воду в аквариум, поднялась страшная муть и осела на его стенки. Грязь пришлось с усилием отдирать по всему периметру аквариума, которая, в свою очередь, оседала на оборудование и растения. Зрелище не из приятных!
!!! The soil must be washed until the water is completely clean !!!
In addition, for good plant growth, you need to fill the top dressing layer in the ground. I did not do this, which I later regretted.
Decor Though I am a novice, I did not imagine artificial decorations in my aquarium. I dream of a chic herbalist, created by hand. Therefore, a beautiful snag, entwined with moss - the most it!
One snag, I ordered via the Internet, already ready for placement in the aquarium, and the second my husband and I decided to do it ourselves.
Since I was just delighted with somics (and later it turned out that all the other family members, too) chose a vine for this purpose. Her husband cleaned and brought me for further processing. I boiled a snag in a solution of salt for half a day, and after two days I soaked it in water.
Selection and planting plants For me, an aquarium without live plants is not an aquarium, so I read information about plants for beginners, which were not particularly demanding in terms of water parameters and lighting, I had seen photos and descriptions of aqua design and acquired the following plants:
1.Parthorn Thailand - 2pcs.
2. Cryptocoryne (I don’t know which one) - 10 pieces (I don’t remember exactly).
3. Moh javanese - 1 sp. Box (attached to the snag)
4. Anubias -nana - 3 pcs. (attached to snags)
5. Indian Indian - 2 pcs. (while floating on the surface)
6. Limnobium - 5pcs.
7.Pissures - 3pcs.
I filled the ground in the aquarium, as it should be - to the back wall the ground level is higher than in the foreground (to enhance the effect of depth and volume of the aquarium). Filled the aquarium up to half defended water, with the addition of Tetra AquaSafe. She weaved a snag with a fishing line, securing Yavan moss on it and planted plants. Completely filled the aquarium with water.
A week later, I became the happy owner of a whole bucket of plants that our beloved admin Oleg sent me.
There were the following plants:
1. Cryptocoryne - 8 pcs.
2. Vallisneria - a lot.
3. Echinodorius - 1 pc.
4. Ludwig red.
All gladly landed.
Basic aquarium accessories After the launch of the aquarium in the next few days in the store of my city, I bought the following accessories for the aquarium, without which one can not do:
1. Thermometer - JERO sticker (the most expensive one that was in the store).
4. Magnetic brush.
The only thing I am pleased with is a net, but, strictly speaking, there are no serious technical requirements for it.
Due to my inexperience, I did the stupid thermometer - I stuck it inside the aquarium, not outside. I learned about that much later after I threw such an expensive purchase in my product category into the urn. Placed in the water, he showed it is not clear that, one could only guess, at the same time several temperature indicators were glowing at once. Behind him was going to the dirt, which terribly annoyed me. As a result, I peeled it off, but he did not stick back ... threw it out. At the moment there is no thermometer in the aquarium. I repent, I forget to buy, I hope for the excellent work of the thermostat.
Siphon bought the only one that was in the store - the cheapest for 35 UAH., There was no choice. I am not happy with it. I plan to buy this:
From the magnetic brush, I was at first simply delighted with a calf. After she quickly cleaned all the dirt that had accumulated from the start of the aquarium, I considered it one of the most successful inventions of mankind. Then I noticed that all this mud settled on plants, soil and decor. This sight resembled the terrain near a metallurgical plant. Fortunately, the filter did not let us down and in a few days cleared everything up. After a while, I made this brush scratches on the inside of the glass. If even the slightest little cave, even the most imperceptible will fall between the teeth of the brush - all terrible scratches on the glass are inevitable. And to my utter disillusionment with this device, I noticed that as it was used, its cleansing abilities fade away. As a conclusion, you need to look for an alternative to it.
Aquarium dwellers The following inhabitants live in my aquarium:
1) Som Antsitrus - the very first resident, settled on the launch day, despite all the prohibitions and warnings. Moved great! My little son's favorite fish!
2) Angelfish - the main in the aquarium, periodically chasing everyone, fish with character.
3) Swordsmen - 5 pcs.
4) Algae - just a wonderful fish, bringing a lot of benefits to the aquarium.
5) Apistogram ramiresi - a beautiful and unusual little innocent Tsykhlida.
6) Chery shrimps - I don’t know exactly how many pieces there are at the moment, because they are rarely even seen one by one. There is a fear that the scalar is hunting for shrimp.
7) Ampularia - 2 pcs., Got into my tank in a very neglected state - the greenest! Their husband brought from the kindergarten aquarium where he works. I even scared to imagine what kind of water there is! A month later, both snails are almost completely pretty orange!
There were 2 Gourami - Honey and Marble. Marble did not grow at all and died before my eyes, and Medovaya lived for a long time behind the filter, her other aquarium inhabitants somehow didn’t complain much, and then suddenly and completely disappeared (she didn’t know that this was the case).
Difficulties after starting the aquarium During the first two days after the launch of the aquarium, a part of the floating plants turned yellow and Cryptocorynes began to actively stratify. I did not place any fertilizer for plants in the aquarium, so I immediately ran to the store and bought Aqua Bio Start and PlantaMin. The first, opening 1 capsule, I sprinkled into the water, and the second poured as indicated in the instructions 5 ml per 100 liters.
I do not know how effective these actions were, but a month later half of Kryptocoryn died (apparently, they started Kryptocorynous disease).
Today, 3.5 months after the launch of the aquarium, the state of the plants is as follows:
- Cryptocoryne narrow-leaved hilinkie and especially do not multiply.
- Piste disappeared, apparently Limnobium squeezed it out.
- Thai fern on the last breath.
- There are almost no red plants.
- Javanese moss is hardly holding on.
- Indian fern multiplies and grows.
- Growing Limnobium.
“Slowly but surely Anubia Nano is growing.”
Aquarium care problems. My observations.
The problem of lighting and alga Blackbeard
The worst news in the second month, after the launch of my aquarium, was the appearance of one of the nastiest algae - Black beard. After reading the recommendations on FF and other resources, I took action. After 2 weeks, only short, whitish hairs remained from the terrible long hairs of the Blackbeard, barely visible on a couple of plants. I hope there will be no relapse. I analyzed and realized my mistakes, I mean the reasons for the appearance of such an unpleasant aquarium guest.
As I guess, as a result of poor lighting, the plants in my tank felt bad. Therefore, 2.5 months after launch, I replaced one ordinary one with a special Sval Aquastar F18W / T8 / G13 special aqualamp. At first, for joy, I left the lighting for 10 hours with a break of 2 hours. After 3 days, all plants turned brown - reduced daylight hours to 6 hours. Honestly, I did not see any positive changes. The plant grows poorly (in my opinion it is even worse than before), the red ones did not turn red, and besides, the pleasure of observing the aquarium is much less, because the illumination is only 6 hours. What to do? I don't know yet. But, I will definitely follow the instructions of this article. Aquarium lighting and choice of lamps.
Pleasant surprises and impressions from the new hobby At the end of the second month of my aquarium life, my husband and I made an installation for supplying CO2, using the instruction. The result is very pleased - the plants are significantly accelerated in growth.
For a long time I did not dare to acquire an aquarium, not only due to financial reasons, but also as a result of doubts: “Can I?”, “Do I have enough time for that, because I have a small child?”, “Is it enough patience? "... I could! Enough of everything! Care of the aquarium takes a little time. I have about 1 hour a week. Of course, it is possible to replace water faster and siphon a primer, but I get tremendous pleasure when picking up plants, replanting them, so I do everything slowly. At the same time, I do the cleaning of the aquarium not when the child sleeps, but with it. He likes to click on the siphon's pump so that some water begins to flow, sit and wash his hands in a bucket or touch the remains of plants. Time can always be found. After all, it’s still better to care for the fish with your child than to sit in front of the TV.
Sometimes the aquarium helps me a lot when I need to distract my son for a while, I start asking: “Where's the catfish?”, “Show me a new fish that we bought yesterday?”, “What do snails now do?”. The child instantly runs to the aquarium and can get stuck near it even for a few minutes! And for a young mother with a huge pile of cases every minute counts!
My child is not yet two years old, until she speaks, but she is perfectly distinguished by the names of the fish - why doesn’t she develop a child?
The aquarium fell in love with our whole family, even the husband who bukhtel, that it is expensive, where to put it, when you take care of it, that you fall into childhood, sometimes it puts a chair in the aquarium and sits watching television.
The aquarium has become part of the life of our entire family! I would like to thank Oleg once again - adminaff and all concerned forum members who gave me the opportunity to enter such a mysterious and magical world of aquarism!
Installation of the aquarium: instructions and useful video
BRIEF INSTRUCTIONS AQUARIUM INSTALLATIONBy purchasing the first aquarium and creating your underwater kingdom, you unwittingly touched by the mistakes made, incidents and incidents.
What I lacked at that stage was step-by-step brief instructions. After all, I simply did not want to read a whole book or a bunch of Internet articles about the first launch of an aquarium, because there was one “zombie thought” in my head - tomorrow the aquarium should earn!
I HOPE THIS INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE USEFUL FOR YOU, UNDERSTANDING SPEED AND GIVE STEP-BY-STEP ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS: HOW TO BUY AN AQUARIUM? I WANT AQUARIUM WITH WHAT TO BEGIN? HOW TO RUN THE AQUARIUM?
OK, GET ON ...
1. Determine where the aquarium will stand?
- it is better to place the aquarium in a dark corner, so that direct sunlight does not fall on it (from them in the aquarium, algae may start up uncontrollably, sunlight creates glare on the glass).
- think about how the power supply will be suitable for the aquarium (for connecting: lighting, filter, aeration, heater).
- If you decide to put the aquarium is not special. stand, but on the furniture you already have, or you want to build an aquarium in a furniture niche - be sure to consider the weight of the aquarium with water so that it does not fall under its weight. The surface must be durable. CHECK !!!
- if you have small children, think about their safety and the safety of aquarium inhabitants from children. Children's access to the aquarium and its equipment should be limited (the principle - "look, but do not touch").
2. Pre-dial tap water for sludge.
- this should be done at least a day before landing the fish. The presence of dissolved oxygen in tap water can kill fish. Although in practice everything can do, especially if you use special tools to improve the composition of the water (for example, Aquaceave from the Tetra series). But it is better not to risk, especially for the first time. Remember, an aquarium for beginners - the first launch of an aquarium should be carried out “according to a template”, later being experienced you can experiment, for example, if the volume of the aquarium is large and there is no place to defend the water, you can fill the installed aquarium with tap water and defend it, at least 1 day. With this method, need / desirable "Aquaseiv."
3. Now we run to the pet store and:
- we buy a pre-looked aquarium (corresponding to the chosen place).
- filter and aeration (must correspond to the volume of the aquarium).
- choose the soil and decor (artificial plants, stones, castles, snags, etc.).
- If it is winter in the yard, you still need an aqua heater.
4. We proceed to the step-by-step installation of the aquarium:
- level the surface special furniture or furniture on which there will be an aquarium. To do this, buy the simplest water building level ($ 3 - then it will still come in handy on the farm). The fact is that aquarium water creates pressure on the walls of the aquarium. And any even a small angle of inclination creates a very tangible pressure on a separate wall (the pressure will not be uniform). What aquarium can "burst." Level the surface as carefully as possible. Only small deviations are allowed. For small aquariums - up to 35 litas, leveling the surface is not necessary.
- set the aquarium to the surface. A polyethylene bubble pad (usually sold with an aquarium) is laid between the aquarium and the surface. Ensure that the edges of the aquarium do not hang from the pedestal or furniture.
- now pour out and distribute the soil in the aquarium. It is advisable to wash it in advance after the pet store, thereby getting rid of excess dust and dirt.
- set the decor.
5. Fill the aquarium with separated water.
Not an easy job I can tell you, especially if the volume of the aquarium from 100l. (10 buckets).
Water is poured gently / slowly.
In order not to wash away the soil and not to scatter the scenery, I recommend to put some dishes or a can on the bottom. Directing a stream of water on the can, the water will spray and your decor and the soil will remain intact.
Fill the aquarium up to the top leaving, approximately, 5-7 cm from the edge.
6. Install filtering and aeration, run.
7. Now we run to the pet store again and buy long-awaited fish, snails, live plants ... don't forget to buy food (preferably wait at least seven days with this, the water should at least "infuse", aquarium chemistry accelerates this process: AquaSafe, Baktozim , Tetra NitratMinus Perls other).
8. Release the fish in your tank. The package with the fish is lowered first into the aquarium water, a little scooped into the package of water and kept in the aquarium for about 15 minutes (for adaptation). Then turn the bag over and release the fish.
In the future, all you need is attention and care for your pets.
And with them will gradually come experience!
Useful video about installing and running an aquarium
I hope my article was useful for you and your desire "I want to start an aquarium" has only increased. In parting, I want to say - do not be afraid and do not hesitate! Get an aquarium! Aquarium is great, and caring for it is much easier than for cats and especially for dogs)))
Dear newcomer of the aquarium world and a young aquarist, I recommend that you also read the following articles:
LAUNCH OF AQUARIUM
Aquarium for beginners
Buying, purchasing and transplanting fish
Compatibility of aquarium fish selection and selection rules
AQUARIUM WATER: Part 1
List of all aquarium fish (A ...)
List of all aquarium plants (AO)
I WANT TO GO TO FISH: how to equip the first beautiful aquarium.
WHAT IS NECESSARY TO THE AQUARIUM: what to consider when choosing an aquarium and which fish to buy?
The most unpretentious aquarium fish, the smallest aquarium fish. Top 10 is not difficult fish! Category: Aquarium Articles / EQUIPMENT AND FACILITY AQUARIUM | Views: 28 720 | Date: 03/05/2013, 13:46 | Comments (2) We also recommend reading:
- - Aquarium and fish for children: tips for parents!
- - Hilodonellosis treatment
- - Aquarium at work and in the office
- - Compatibility of aquarium fish with other fish
- - Inventory and accessories for aquarium
❶ How to start aquarium fish :: how fast aquarium fish grow :: Aquarium fish
How to get aquarium fish
Aquarium with ornamental fish is a great decoration for your interior. However, we must not forget that there are living creatures that need care and feeding. Aquarium can also be a good lesson in responsibility for your children.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. First you need to choose the aquarium itself. You can purchase ready-made option in the pet store. And you can order an individual project that fits perfectly into your interior. When buying, pay attention to tightness. The best option is a one-piece aquarium, as you can not be afraid of water leaks. If the future home for fish is a few glued sheets of glass, in any case, you will need a pallet. Also inspect the aquarium for defects: cracks, scratches or any other flaws that can cause sudden damage.
2. At the pet store, purchase special river sand to fill the aquariums. The amount of sand depends on the volume of the tank, here you can help the sales assistant. To decorate the aquarium, you can buy seashells and pebbles, stylized jugs and other decorative items. If you want to plant live plants in an aquarium, you should not do it right on the river sand. First, fertilize the soil with well-boiled peat, add river clay and then plant algae. Many plants are not required, as they grow quickly and can fill an entire aquarium.
3. Vessel for fish it is necessary to fill with filtered water (ordinary water from a tap that passes through a household filter) or raw distilled water (fish do not take out chlorine). It is necessary to pour water very carefully so as not to lift the river sand. Usually use a rubber medical tube, one end of which is inserted into the aquarium, the other - into a vessel with cooked water. With a large volume of aquarium water purification is a special filter. Также понадобится аппарат для обогащения воды воздухом.
four.The next step is the purchase of the inhabitants themselves. You can bring them home in a regular bank. Rinse it with pre-boiled water without detergent, fill it with half aquarium water. You can also use a plastic bag, after making sure that it does not pass air. For confidence, it is better to place one package in another.
5. Do not forget to buy food for your fish. The most common species: bloodworm, cyclop, daphnia, tubule and dry food - all this can be purchased at any pet store. Store it in a dry, dark and cool place, so as not to blinded and spoiled.
6. The choice of a particular type fish depends entirely on you. The most unpretentious aquarium inhabitants are guppies - small colorful fish. They do not need a lot of food and get along with other inhabitants. You can also make fish-beretus They have a nice black and red color, very calm, not aggressive. Good neighbors for fish snails and a small catfish will become - in addition to the decorative function, they will clean the aquarium from contamination. When choosing more exotic species, find out if they need special conditions, and what neighbors can you share with them.
Aquaria for beginners: important tips
A beautiful aquarium in the house brings joy to our lives during the contemplation of fish and perfectly affects the psychological component. Each novice aquarist unwittingly wonders where to start, to get everything right for the aquarium, run it right the first time and prevent the fish from dying.
Choosing a home aquarium
Before acquiring a tank for fish, it is necessary to carefully consider its design and shape so that it fits into the interior of the room as naturally as possible, does not interfere with its basic purpose and is located in a place convenient for viewing.
By design, aquariums are on a stand, on legs, suspended, angled, frame and frameless. In form, they are represented by more than a wide choice, the main of which are:
- spherical (round);
- cubic (square);
- parallelepipedal (rectangular);
- parallelepipedal with convex viewing glass (panoramic);
- prismoidal (with a regular polygon of the bottom, as a rule, high, for a floor installation);
- pyromidoidal (triangular, for closed-type aquariums).
The main parameters for choosing a tank for keeping fish in a novice aquarist are the following factors:
- correct installation, which should allow various manipulations during operation (removal or installation of the cover and backlight, feeding fish, planting plants, cleaning the filter, bottom siphon, etc.);
- the exclusion of direct sunlight on its surface;
- the number and size of the aquarium population (the required volume of the aquarium depends on this. If there is no certainty for specific fish, then take at least 1 liter of water per 1 cm of adult fish, i.e. if you want to contain 10 fish 8 cm long, you need an aquarium more than 80 liters, it will avoid overcrowding and allow it to develop well and feel comfortable for its inhabitants).
Together with the aquarium offer covers with integrated lighting and cabinets for them. If there is no specific place to install the aquarium, then you can use this offer. A lid for a backlit aquarium will prevent many species of fish from jumping out, reduce evaporation of water into the atmosphere of the room, and also provide artificial lighting for the plant and allow you to control the length of the day in a pond. The cabinet is suitable for storing all sorts of accessories (a net, tubes, suckers, feeders, literature, etc.), feed and other things related to the aquarium.
There is a standard set of equipment for aquariums:
- Illumination (the choice of lamp power and the duration of illumination during the day depends on the inhabitants and plants);
- water heater (it is better to choose with automatic temperature control);
- Aerator and water filter can be both combined and separate (power depends on the volume of the aquarium).
The selection of soil and scenery depends on the inhabitants, but small fractional rounded gravel without sharp edges is considered universal. The thickness of the soil at the bottom should be from 5 to 7 cm, this will allow plants to root well and grow. You can use locks, sunken ships, etc. to decorate and create a unique interior.
The choice of inhabitants and vegetation
Practically all viviparous fishes are suitable for beginner aquarists: mollies, swordtails, petilles and gupias. They are beautiful, elegant, not difficult to maintain and hardy. The content and reproduction of these species will allow you to learn the basics of aquarism while investing minimal financial and time costs.
You can run a few small catfish to the viviparous fish. They differ in coloring, body shape and behavior. Somiki will add refinement to the aquarium and will eat the remnants of food and clean the plants. Antsitrus catfish suckers are perfect.
From low-priced low-priced plants, you can use elodea, valisneria, cryptocarin, and from superficial plants, ichie or duckweed. You can also add lumps of moss to a kladofor or javanese moss.
Before releasing beautiful fish in the aquarium, it takes about two weeks. One day can be done:
- laying soil, planting plants, installation of lighting decorations, heating, filter aerator;
- filling the aquarium with tap water;
- turning on the heater and filter aerator.
After that, you need to wait a week for chlorine to evaporate from the water during this time. It is allowed to add various normalizers to the water, which improve the water parameters. Before using them, you should consult with competent aquarists or sellers who know the parameters of tap water in your area.
After a week, you can run the first, most enduring inhabitants - snails ampoules, tritons, frogs or shrimp. Often the first are ampulyarii. They have a positive effect on the formation of an ecosystem in an aquarium. Water in a room pond is gaining stability in the order of a month and may become cloudy. Over time, it will clear and be transparent. And only depending on the state of water and the state of health of the ampoule, after about a week you can run inexpensive fish. More information about the first launch of the aquarium can be found here.
From practical experience
There are some general tips on keeping and breeding fish, but it all depends on the specific inhabitants of your aquarium.
- It is better to buy a rectangular aquarium without panoramic glass, while its length should be greater than the height and width less than the height.
- The volume of the aquarium of about 100 liters will allow you to contain a closed ecosystem (the state of water in the temperature, chemical and biological ranges will be less subject to drastic changes, which will affect the health of the fish), and will also require lower maintenance costs.
- Maintaining a constant temperature will save the fish from many diseases.
- Overfeeding fish can not be, and better to feed once a day. Food should be varied - live, frozen, dry (if you feed constantly alive, the fish begin to get fat and it becomes difficult for them to multiply).
- Change the water in the aquarium weekly with the replacement of up to 30% of the total. Cleaning and siphon bottom in the first month after launch do not need. Depending on the number of fish, pollution of the bottom or chemical indicators of water, these activities should be carried out approximately once every two to four weeks.
- The water filter and aerator in the aquarium should work around the clock.
- Lighting needs to be controlled, otherwise excessive growth of algae or plants will begin. The duration of coverage per day is in the range from 8 to 12 hours.
How to choose an aquarium will tell experts of the program "Cheap and Angry" (Channel One):
I want to get aquarium fish - where to start?
11 quick tips for a novice aquarist
If you have recently taken a great interest in aquariums and decided to create a small piece of wildlife in your home and put your first aquarium - this article is for you. In it, I tried to give a few basic tips that you will need when starting your first aquarium.
1) Do not immediately buy a small aquarium, take at least 60-80 liter, if, of course, at home there is a place for it. Larger aquariums are more resistant to temperature and chemical changes. Recently, the trend is for nano aquariums (aquariums up to 20 liters), but it is better to start with a larger aquarium.
2) Wash the filtering elements of your filter only in aquarium water (not in the aquarium itself), for example, in a bucket or basin, this will allow you to save those bacterial colonies that in turn help you in the fight against ammonia and nitrite. Tap water can kill them, which for some time will disrupt the biological work of your filter.
3) Do not forget and do not be lazy to replace every week 20-25% of water, this will allow you to fight with nitrates in your aquarium. And remember that you should not, as 80% of people in our country thought, pour out all the water once a year and boil the soil, it’s enough to replace 20-25% of the water with fresh water, which will ensure a long and happy life of your aquarium.
4) Do not overfeed fish, it is very important. Firstly, overfeeding harms the fish itself (here you can look at people, overeating was not good for anyone), and secondly, the food that was not eaten starts to rot in the aquarium (the smell of the swamp), which significantly spoils the water quality.
5) Always check the compatibility of the fish you buy. You must admit that nobody saw an open-air cage with wolves, penguins and rabbits living together in a zoo. In the aquarium just as well.
6) Do not release a new fish from the bag or bottle directly into the aquarium, first place this bag in the water to even out the temperature, then add 50-100 ml of water from the aquarium into the bag, the bottle - this is done in order to level the parameters water. It is better to do this alignment within 20-30 minutes, no less.
7) Before buying fish, inspect it very carefully for damage, cloudiness, sores and other abnormal condition.
8) Use the quarantine aquarium for newly arrived fish, this will help to keep the fish that you already have. The question is especially acute when the fish is not cheap, and in any case, the fish after some time become full members of the family and we, aquarists, need to take care of their health. So just in case keep a quarantine aquarium where you can watch a new fish for a couple of weeks for its health.
9) Run the aquarium consistently, so as not to overload the filtration system. The filtration system as a human body, if it is trained gradually, it will give a greater result than if you immediately give a greater load. Colonies of bacteria develop gradually with increasing load, so do not immediately run all the fish that you have identified yourself.
10) Do not believe the rule of 1 cm fish = 1 liter of water, who invented it and when, but this rule is not entirely correct.
11) Do not get carried away using chemicals, especially if you do not fully understand their effects and the consequences of their use.
It is worth remembering that the path to success in aquariums lies in drawing new and new information through books, magazines, forums and aquarium portals,
which help to go to success in our with you hobby.
Aquarium in the house - where to start?
Before we talk about the rules of care for an aquarium, it is useful to understand what it is for. Most people keep it for beauty. Many have a rest, admiring the change of pictures behind the glass bank. Someone keeps him in the apartment to humidify the air. Just listed is enough for the aquarium to take place in our home.
The main thing, probably, lies in the fact that caring for an aquarium opens up for many children the path to knowledge in science, where fish faithfully serve medicine, biology, and fisheries. An experienced aquarist will always find application in this industry. It is also very important that the aquarium is a model of the terrestrial biosphere. So, in your house decided to start fish. Where to start? With a choice of aquarium, of course. They are glass, prefabricated (metal frame, glass walls) and plastic. The first are good because they are always at hand: any jar can be turned into an aquarium. It is better to take rectangular cans. Round and spherical distort the shape of its inhabitants. In addition, glass aquariums have a small volume. They can not show all the variety of colors of the water world because of the relatively small number of inhabitants, which is provided by larger prefabricated aquariums.
But do not strive to acquire a very large aquarium - more than 10 buckets. In the event of a leak, you can flood your own and neighboring housing. It is accepted to divide prefab aquariums into very thin - “pictures”, a little thicker - “screens” and usual ones with a ratio of width to depth approximately one to one, and two to one lengths to them. Plastic aquariums for the constant maintenance of fish are uncomfortable: plastic quickly loses its transparency. They are only good for transporting fish.
Choosing an aquarium, do not forget to get the necessary equipment: nets, a rubber hose for making siphons, a water thermometer, a basin, a bucket, banks of different sizes for storing feed and temporary keeping of fish, a reflector for lighting and heating water with a lamp not exceeding 10 watts for every 10 liters of volume. To hurry with the acquisition of more complex equipment: thermostats, filters, aerators - novice aquarist should not. Over time, having gained experience and knowledge, everyone will decide how much, when and what new devices and automatons should be installed.
At home, you need to choose a place for an aquarium, then proceed to the preparatory work on its settlement with plants, clams and fish. First of all, check whether the acquired or made aquarium is flowing. Fill it with tap water to the brim. If everything is in order, you can do the washing of the aquarium. Putty and glass in a new fish house may contain harmful substances. They are removed during the week, daily replacing tap water. Water from local water bodies can only be used after pasteurization: two to three times heating to 80–90 degrees, in order not to introduce pathogens or parasites into the aquarium. Last time, wash it with soap and rinse well.
The next stage is laying the ground. It is made of well-washed sand or pebbles. The soil should be 4 to 5 centimeters thick. Pebbles can be put on its surface, better dark, to create a resemblance to a natural bottom. Now you can purchase plants. They are bottom and floating on the surface or in the water column. First landing is best done before filling the aquarium with water. Large dark green plants should be planted in the corners and along the back wall, light - in its center, and along the front glass - plants with beautiful patterned leaves. When planting it is important to ensure that the roots in the ground are properly located. After planting is completed, the aquarium is filled with settling tap water. She is defended for five days to get rid of chlorine. A few days later, when the bottom plants take root, you can put floating species into the aquarium and start up clams.
By this time, the aquarium comes to life. It forms the complex world of bacteria, the smallest algae, fungi and protozoa. Plants, releasing oxygen into the water, created favorable conditions for them. Such an aquarium is ready to meet fish or other large aquatic animals. Aquarists contain not only fish, they have shrimps, turtles and other exotic inhabitants of the waters.
Those who take the first steps in the creation of an aquarium should begin with the most undemanding inhabitants: with cold-water goldfish or some viviparous, such as guppies.
Novice aquarists often do not know the rules for selecting fish for living together. Remember that you should not keep together cold-water and warm-water fish, predatory and peaceful, large and very small. The density of the inhabitants of the aquarium should be optimal. When determining it, we recommend focusing on the following indicators. When keeping cold-water fish and very large heat-loving ones, take two liters of water for every centimeter of body length. The rest of the fish need to allocate at least a liter.
What is a healthy aquarium? This is clear water, bright greens, joyful behavior of the fish. He over the years does not need a complete change of water. In cold-water fish (they are big muddy) need to be cleaned once a week. In warm-water - once or twice a month. Cleaning begins with cleaning the glass of bacterial algal plaque. Then remove dead and excess plant sprigs (in the event that there are too many). In a well-lit aquarium, they can take up to half the volume of water. After completing these operations, siphon is removed from the bottom of the sludge, dirt, remnants of food. Purify water is added to a clean aquarium to the level of the previous level.
Для тепловодных рыб очень важное значение имеет постоянство температурного режима: нельзя допускать колебания температуры в течение суток более одного градуса. Хотя, конечно, постепенно можно приучать этих рыб к жизни при непривычных температурах (16 - 18 градусов), но все же лучше поддерживать в аквариуме 23 - 26 градусов - условия их жизни в родных водах.
Very important for the normal health of pets has them proper feeding. Feed the fish should be once or twice a day. Leftovers after 10 - 15 minutes must be removed. They pollute the environment and contribute to the appearance of putrefactive bacteria in the aquarium. If there are signs of deterioration of water, it is necessary to make a thorough cleaning, replacing up to half the volume of water in the aquarium. If this does not help, catch fish, take out plants, rinse both them and the ground. In short, start over.
For feeding use dry, live, granulated factory feed. Try to feed the fish last, gradually adding live food. Best of all, he was homemade.