Why does the water in the aquarium grow muddy?: Start the aquarium; muddy water :: Aquarium fish.
Tip 1: Why the water becomes cloudy in the aquarium
Muddy water in an aquarium is a common problem that even experienced aquarists sometimes face. It can be fatal for your fish. To avoid this, you need to understand the causes of this trouble and eliminate them.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
From what the water in the aquarium muddy
An aquarium is a microworld where organisms appear and die. It consists of a fine interconnection of fish, plants and bacteria.
When you create a new aquarium in a few days there is a huge number of bacteria, excessively breeding in water. This leads to its turbidity. This process is quite normal and natural. Before you run the fish in the aquarium with new water, you just need to wait a few days until it clears itself. Due to lack of food, most bacteria will become extinct, and the biological balance of water will normalize. To change the water in this case is strictly prohibited, because it also becomes cloudy. It is best to add some water from the old aquarium, where the balance has long been established. If this is not available, nothing terrible, the balance in the water itself is settled, it just takes more time for this.
Another cause of muddy water can be overfeeding fish. Excess feed, which your pets do not have time to eat, sink to the bottom and begin to rot. As a result, the water begins to deteriorate. In such an environment, the inhabitants of the aquarium can not feel good, and their long stay in bad water will destroy.
When a large number of fish in the aquarium and, at the same time, poor filtration of water, there is its turbidity. The inhabitants of such an environment will certainly begin to poison the body with decay products, which will lead to their death.
The cause of muddy water can be algae. There is a certain species that, if overproduced, leads to a turbid environment in the aquarium and at the same time emits an unpleasant odor. Another problem may be excessive light or accumulation of excess organic matter at the bottom, which stimulates the rapid growth of microscopic algae, and as a result water will bloom. It becomes opaque with a greenish tinge. With a lack of light, the plants in the aquarium will turn brown and begin to rot, which will ruin the habitat of the fish and harm their health.
What to do with muddy water in the aquarium
To deal with muddy water is not difficult, the main thing is to understand the causes of turbidity and follow certain rules in the future.
First you need to determine the cause of the turbidity of the water. If it consists in overpopulation of the aquarium, then it is necessary to strengthen the filtering or move some fish to another place. If the reason is the accumulation of excess feed on the bottom, then you need to reduce the dose of food or purchase bottom fish that will eat up the settled food. If there is a problem with lighting, you need to darken the aquarium or enhance the light. To prevent the rapid growth of algae, it is recommended to start fish or snails that eat plants. In order to maintain biological balance in an aquarium, it is imperative to have a good filter that matches the size of the water tank. You need to understand that in the aquarium the water is alive, and to maintain balance you need to maintain certain conditions. It does not recommend the use of chemicals, they can lead to even greater environmental disturbance and will require a longer recovery.
In maintaining balance in water, its change plays an important role. After launching a new aquarium, it is not necessary to change the water for 2-3 months until the balance is improved. In the future, the water should be replaced 1-2 times a month. At the same time merging only 1/5 of the total volume of the aquarium and adding as many new ones. If you change more than half, then the habitat is disturbed, which will lead to the death of the fish. In small aquariums, water can be replaced less frequently, provided there is a good filter.
Tip 2: Why the water becomes cloudy
A properly equipped and properly maintained aquarium in which biological balance is maintained may not require changing water for a long time. The problem of water turbidity often occurs in novice aquarists, who believe that caring for fish is only in abundant and timely feeding.
1. The water becomes turbid due to small particles of soil that have been washed out of it, which are washed out during the careless filling of the aquarium with water. After they settle to the bottom, the water will again become clear. Do not replace water completely when it is not required. Using a rubber or glass tube, periodically remove dirt accumulating on the bottom and add the required amount of fresh water, ensuring that its temperature coincides with the water in the aquarium.
2. Water may also become turbid in a new, newly equipped aquarium, due to the reproduction of single-celled organisms. This phenomenon is called "infusorial turbidity". Do not rush to settle an aquarium prepared and filled with water, wait a few days. Another harmless cause of turbidity - loosening of the soil by fish digging in it - is easily eliminated by placing a layer of thoroughly washed sand on the bottom.
3. The turbidity of the water can be caused by the appearance of a large number of putrefactive bacteria that are very harmful to fish and plants due to too high a concentration of fish in the aquarium or improper feeding. Follow one of the basic rules of aquarism: "It is better to underfeed than overfeed."
4. If you forget to clean up the remnants of food and rotting plants in time, this can also provoke a rapid reproduction of bacteria. In addition, turbidity can be caused by poor filtration and blowing of water, as a result of which accumulation of metabolic products occurs in the aquarium, which serve as an ideal medium for mass reproduction and feeding of bacteria. To avoid such consequences, squander excess fish and improve the filtration system.
Refuse dry feeds or give them a little and watch them to be eaten as soon as possible. Place in the aquarium snails, which are willing to clean up edible remains.
Why does the water in the aquarium muddy
The clouding of an aquarium is one of the most common problems that even the most avid and experienced aquarists face. Only a few know why the water in the aquarium becomes cloudy. The reasons for such trouble can be several. This is a bacterial outbreak, and a rare replacement of water, and improper feeding of the inhabitants of this home "reservoir." There may be other causes.
In some cases, it is enough to eliminate or eliminate the causes of turbidity in the aquarium so that the balance is fully restored. However, often this phenomenon leads to the fact that fish and plants are dying in muddy water. First of all, the "decorative fish farmer" needs to find out the cause of flowering or turbidity of water. Any action should be taken only after this.
Water in an aquarium quickly becomes turbid: what reasons can?
Turbid water in an aquarium is not uncommon when starting a home pond. This is due to the fact that a bacterial outbreak occurs, which is caused by the active reproduction of single-celled organisms in water. That is why the settlement of fish is better to postpone for a while. You need to wait some time to establish a balance in the water, and it will become transparent. If you change the water, then again there will be a blurred water in the aquarium.
If the water in the new aquarium dims, it should take at least 5-7 days. Only after that you can safely run the fish. During this time, biological balance will be restored. To speed up this process, you can add some water from the old aquarium.
Often, the aquarium becomes turbid due to overfeeding the fish. Water spoils quite quickly if food is not completely eaten by the inhabitants of the mini-reservoir. It settles at the bottom of the tank and can spoil the life-giving moisture. This is another common cause of this problem.
Water turbidity in the aquarium can be expected as a result of poor filtration of water. The cleaning system must be well thought out. This is especially important when there are many inhabitants in an aquarium. If the problem is not resolved in time, it can cause the fish to become poisoned with decay products. "Residents of the reservoir" of this relationship may not survive.
The problem of green and muddy water in an aquarium can be hidden in a microscopic alga, or more precisely in its rapid growth. If organic matter accumulates at the bottom or too much light is directed to the reservoir, then microscopic algae can actively grow. But when the lighting is not enough, the algae will turn brown and begin to rot. If the water in the aquarium quickly becomes cloudy and smells unpleasant, the root of the problem may lie in the growth of blue-green algae.
Aquarium dimmed: what to do?
If this trouble still happened, you need to determine why the water in the aquarium dimmed. Only the exact answer to this question will set the course for further action. If the root of the problem is hidden in the overpopulation of the aquarium, you need to reduce the number of its inhabitants or to increase filtration. If at the bottom the remnants of the uneaten food are deposited, the number of servings needs to be reduced or satted down with the bottom fish, which will eat up the remains.
If you can figure out why the water in the aquarium becomes cloudy, and the reason was an excess of light, you need to darken the aquarium. If the lighting is not enough, it should be added. It is possible to halt the excessive growth of algae. To do this, snails or fish that feed on algae and excess vegetation will settle in the pond.
What else makes the water in the aquarium muddy? Due to low-power filtering system. A prerequisite for the preservation of biological balance and decent maintenance of the aquarium is the presence and normal operation of high-quality filters. If the aquarium is dimmed after all, you can add a special additive, which is sold in specialized stores. However, in most cases it is not possible to restore the balance in water.
To understand why the water in the aquariums becomes cloudy, you need to understand the reason for this process. However, it should be remembered that the water in the "pond" is always alive. Her condition is a consequence and the result of the interaction of a whole series of tiny creatures, therefore, certain conditions and time are needed for restoration. But hasty and incorrect decisions can lead to even greater destruction, so you need to act carefully.
Causes of water turbidity and how to deal with it
Muddy water in an aquarium is a common phenomenon that almost every aquarist has encountered. Sometimes the causes of the problem are found quickly, and sometimes it takes a long time to figure out why the water has become cloudy. How to deal with the formation of turbidity, what is recommended to do and what is not?
When does water appear in the water?
The causes of muddy water in an aquarium can be varied, and it is not as easy to deal with them as it seems at first glance.
- Turbidity can occur due to swimming in the pond of small particles of algae, solid organics and cyanobacteria. There is another unobtrusive reason - poor washing of the aquarium soil and inaccurate pouring water from a clean tank. This type of turbidity does not threaten the water and the fish, you can do nothing with it. After some time, the muddy part of the water will settle, or seep into the filter, remaining there. The formation of turbidity can provoke fish who love to plow the ground, but these actions for the reservoir are completely harmless.
- Turbid water in an aquarium can be caused by cichlids, goldfish and tail finch fish - their active movement in a reservoir is the cause of the resulting turbidity. If a filter is not installed in the tank, it will be difficult to clean the water.
- Often, muddy water appears after the first start of the aquarium, after the fresh water inlet. Nothing to do, in a day or two the sediment will fall to the ground and disappear. The mistake of novice aquarists is a partial or complete renewal of water, which is considered a gross error. When adding new water to a newly launched aquarium, the bacteria will become even more! If the aquarium is small, you can install a sponge filter that quickly cleans the pond.
Watch the video about the device and the operation of the internal filter.
- Malicious bacteria in an aquarium can also be causes of turbidity. When the water becomes green, then it's time to draw conclusions - this is an unnatural color. Muddy and green water is formed due to overcrowding of the aquarium with fish or plants. That is, the aquarium fluid passes through the filter, but is not cleaned. The abundance of metabolic products provokes the formation of putrefactive microorganisms, ciliates and other unicellular. If ciliates are beneficial, the bacteria can harm the plants - they will start to rot. In order not to be surprised why fish and plants often get sick - watch the aquarium clean and tidy.
- Why still breed single-celled? Because you do not have time to clean the tank after heavy feeding. For aquarism it is better to underfeed than to feed. This rule will protect the fish from problems. After overfeeding again the water got cloudy - what to do? Arrange a pet unloading diet for a couple of days, the bacteria will die out, the water biobalance will be restored.
- Incorrectly installed decoration. Snags, plastic materials of poor quality dissolve in water, forming a muddy shade. If the scenery is new wooden, but untreated - they can be boiled or infused in salt solution. Plastic snags should be replaced by new ones.
- In the old, stagnant nursery with fish sediment is formed due to "whiteness after fish treatment", this is when drugs and purification chemistry for aquarium glass were used in the pond. Such substances have a number of side effects, they disrupt the biological equilibrium, neutralizing the favorable microflora.
How to overcome turbidity in water?
Now we know the reasons why the water grows cloudy in the aquarium, and what to do in each case. However, there are general rules, without which it is impossible to completely eliminate the problem.
- Siphonte the soil in the aquarium. Open the filter, rinse and clean. Then add activated carbon to it - this needs to be done to absorb harmful substances. It is forbidden to make a complete replacement of water and washing the aquarium soil, otherwise the beneficial bacteria will die out and will not be able to process rot and algae.
See how to siphon the soil in the aquarium.
- In some cases, it is necessary to do an intensive aeration of the aquarium - when there are a lot of fish feed residues and a fasting day is not enough. Oxygen will quickly remove excess organics.
- If an unpleasant smell disappears in an aquarium, it means that the struggle with mist is over successfully. Also for elimination of bacterial turbidity it is possible to use elodeya, having landed it superficially in a ground.
Dregs in the water: types
The color of turbidity will tell about the sources of its formation:
- The water color is greenish - single-celled algae reproduce;
- Brown water - peat, humic and tannins, poorly processed snags;
- Milky white color - unicellular bacteria begin to multiply;
- The color of the water coincides with the color of the soil or of a stone recently laid on it, which means that the soil was plowed by fish, or the stone turned out to be weak.
Drugs that prevent the appearance of turbid sediment
- Aquarium coal is absorbent, which is added after cleaning the tank to the filter for a period of 2 weeks. After extraction, you can fill in a new batch there.
- Tetra Aqua CrystalWater is a tool that binds small particles of dirt into one, after which they can be removed or passed through a filter. After 8-12 hours the reservoir will be crystal clear. Dosage - 100 ml per 200 liters of water.
- Sera Aquaria Clear - also binds sediment particles, passing it through the filter. During the day, dirt can be removed from the cassette. The drug does not contain harmful substances.
- Before adding sorbents to water, it is better to move the fish to another container.
In order to avoid turbid water, it is necessary to control the level of nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. They stand out as a result of the vital activity of fish, plants and improper care of the water body. Therefore, fish should be settled in the tank, the size of which corresponds to its volume. Proper feeding of pets, timely cleaning of the products of their vital activity, removal of rotten plants will settle the water balance. If there is no mechanical or biological filter in the aquarium, replace 30% of the water weekly with fresh and sedimented. Do not add water from the pipeline with the smell of chlorine or boiled.
See also: What water to pour into the aquarium with fish?
What to do if the water in the aquarium dimmed :: The water in the aquarium dimmed what to do :: Care and education
What to do if the water in the aquarium dims
Novice aquarists often encounter the phenomenon of clouding the water in an aquarium. Это может произойти по разным причинам и важно знать, как быстро решить эту проблему, чтобы не нанести вреда его обитателям.
Вопрос "КАК малышку переучить ходить в лоток (ей 4 месяца)? " - 3 ответа
Некоторые новички торопятся обустроить свой первый аквариум и заселить его рыбками. Поэтому через несколько часов вода становится мутной с беловатым оттенком. This is due to the violation of the biological balance - the number of bacteria increases dramatically. Water must first go through a period of "ripening". To do this, you first need to plant aquarium plants, pour the water that has settled for two days and leave the aquarium for several days. During this time, the water will become transparent, sometimes slightly greenish. Biological balance will be restored and now you can run the fish.
In some cases, and in a long-functioning aquarium, the mass reproduction of bacteria begins, this happens when there are a lot of fish and the aquarium is not cared for. In this case, you should do a general cleaning. Sow the fish in another container, clean the soil, remove excess plants, replace the water and wait a few days until the water is clear - the balance will not return to normal.
Sometimes water can become cloudy if you give a lot of dry food. Fish eat it poorly, the remnants begin to rot, which contributes to the proliferation of bacteria. Therefore, it is recommended to switch to the use of live food, for example, bloodworms. It should be given at the rate of up to 5 pieces per medium fish. Also great help in the destruction of uneaten remnants of food provide snails, but their numbers also need to be controlled.
Under the wrong light, the water may turn green, become muddy, and a raid appears on the glasses, plants and decorations. This is due to the rapid increase in the amount of algae. In such cases, make the replacement of the third part of the water 1 time per week, run the fish that eat algae, strengthen or, conversely, reduce the lighting. Be sure to turn on water filtration. Remove plaque from windows with a special scraper.
The problem of turbidity is easier to prevent than to eliminate. Therefore, follow a few rules:
- do not change the water in the aquarium completely, except for emergency measures;
- adjust the amount of feed, normally it should be eaten by fish for 10-15 minutes;
- Watch the number of fish in the tank, do not allow overcrowding;
- regularly replace water;
- Do not forget to remove overgrown plants, clean the soil and filter the water.
Why does the water in the aquarium with fish quickly grow cloudy? How often should it be changed?
I do not change the water, but replace 10–15% every week, combining it with a ground siphon and topping up with fresh water. It gets cloudy, you need to understand why. Do not get carried away with dry food, alternate with natural-frozen moth. And even better not to feed than to feed.
Usually, the water becomes cloudy due to the huge number of rotting bacteria that eat excess food. When feeding fish, it is important that they eat all the food in 10-15 minutes - everything that is not eaten should be removed from the aquarium. Once a week, siphon the soil with the help of a special siphon device (sold in the pet store and it is easy to do it yourself), at the same time about 1/5 of the water is drained and the fresh water is added.
It is not necessary to change the water entirely in the aquarium, it causes biological balance and leads to disease and death of fish and plants.
And, perhaps, you have an excess of fish with a lack of aquarium volume.
For the first time, flooded water always becomes cloudy at first, and then becomes transparent. Thus, the aquarium flora and fauna adapts its space. Disorder only when muddy water begins to stink. Water is poured only once. And then add as evaporation.
Well, the reasons for the many-problem start-up, overfeeding, overcrowding and estesSSno wrong care. For the exact answer, pliz in the section to fortunetellers. Without details it is impossible to answer. Defendants Mlyn, you will add water as you evaporate on the advice of Natalia Pusher-pick the fish, not immediately ... with time, as the concentration of ammonia increases.
Turbid water in an aquarium can be for various reasons, but it is not always easy to deal with the clouding of the aquarium. Turbidity in aquarium water may be due to suspended small particles of soil, which may appear after careless pouring water into your tank.
This is an innocuous clouding, and it does not cause significant harm to the aquarium inhabitants, after a certain time the turbidity will disappear by itself, due to its subsidence to the bottom. The aquarium will be cloudy from the appearance of a large putrefactive bacteria in it, and they are harmful both to the fish and to the plants in the aquarium. The appearance of such harmful bacteria in consequence, improper feeding of fish and excessive density of settlement of aquarium fish. For high-quality filtration of water in the aquarium, you should pour washed, coarse sand, a layer of 4 -5 cm, preferably a dark color. You do not need to completely change the water in the aquarium, periodically siphon the soil with a special siphon for cleaning the aquarium soil, removing all the dirt from the bottom of the aquarium, while adding 20% of fresh water, preferably the same temperature. In a properly equipped aquarium, biological balance is established and it stands for years without changing water. Muddy aquarium can be from improper feeding. Improper feeding leads to the most basic problems. From dry feed water in the aquarium very quickly deteriorates. Therefore, you should abandon the dry feed. If you still feed the fish with dry food, then you should feed them a little and make sure that all food is eaten immediately. The diet of fish should be varied, and in its composition should include live food. One of the best choices of live food is a bloodworm. It should be fed at the rate of 3 5 worms per day (small adult fish).
If none of the above mentioned things helped, try not to feed your fish for 2-3 days, this will not cause any harm to the fish, and the bacteria will die during this time. Remember the important rule: it is better to underfeed than to feed. Subject to these conditions, the water in the aquarium will be transparent. Chemical and biological processes in the aquarium occur constantly, as a result of all this, some plant organisms and animals are born, while others die. In the water column of the aquarium, there are many bacteria that are regularly processed by the remnants of food, decay products and plant activity and fish excrement. In turn, the beneficial bacteria are food for ciliates and other microorganisms. Water turbidity can occur in an aquarium where there are a lot of fish and few aquarium plants, and the water is not blown or filtered. An aquarium with such data is a good breeding ground for the mass reproduction of bacteria and unicellulars. In this case, you need to quickly precipitate extra fish into another aquarium. The reason for the turbidity of the water can also be fish, digging in the ground. This turbidity is harmless, and it is easy to eliminate by increasing the top layer of cleanly washed soil at the bottom of the aquarium. Such turbidity is harmless, and it is easy to eliminate, increasing the top layer of purely washed sand at the bottom of the aquarium. If you comply with all of these conditions, the water in your tank will be clear, clean and healthy. Water is replaced depending on the number of living plants and the density of fish planting according to the rules 1 time in 7–10 days (if the water is clean and the fish feel good then this procedure can be carried out 1 time per month and nothing bad will happen). There is a rule - the less you will climb into the aquarium, the longer the fish lives.
Aquarium - water quickly becomes cloudy
Why does the water grow cloudy quickly in the aquarium (it becomes cloudy within 2 weeks)? What to do?
1. volume of aquarium?
3. Does the water stink?
4. When the aquarium is running?
5. Chemie pour?
Without these answers, you can only guess!
"Pour" green blue "into the water at the rate of 1 ml per 10 liters of water" - WHY ??? do you even know what it's done for?
Methods of dealing with the turbidity of the water in the aquarium
A slight turbidity in the aquarium may well be of inorganic origin, that is, to be the result of inaccurate handling of a dirt surface. Such negligence can occur during the catch of fish or when hastily topping up the water. With the above operations, turbidity, as a rule, passes by itself.
But turbidity with a bacterial origin is very stable. In this case, it is necessary to immediately start an immediate fight with him, otherwise it will quickly move from the easy stage of turbidity to the significant stage. Serious turbidity in turn complicates its eradication.
Fresh water in the aquarium can not be added, because along with it in the water of the aquarium comes additional food for bacteria, thereby aggravating the condition of the water. It is necessary to start combating cloudiness from the surface of the aquarium soil, which should be thoroughly cleaned of sludge, and the fish should be stopped for two or three days, giving them a reason to clean the plants themselves, that is, in search of food, fish will inevitably begin pecking organic remains.
A guarantee of success with turbidity is the replacement of one-third or one-fourth of the volume of cloudy water with “old” or boiled water, and then cooled to room temperature.
Intensive, and best of all, round-the-clock, aeration helps not only to facilitate the respiration of fish, but also contributes to the very rapid oxidation of rotting organic substances that are a breeding ground for bacteria. Because in such conditions, the bacteria do not have additional food, they begin to starve, and all this ends in a fatal outcome for the bacteria.
One of the most effective ways to combat the turbidity of water in an aquarium due to water pollution with organic substances is the introduction of daphnia into an aquarium.
"Blooming" of water, initially having a greenish dull hue. It can be easily confused with the turbidity, which is formed due to the action of bacteria. Quite often, this phenomenon can be observed in aquariums during the spring and summer months, but only when the aquariums are illuminated with natural, natural light.
Methods of dealing with the so-called "bloom" of water are similar to methods of dealing with bacterial turbidity. Also, a thorough cleaning of the dirt surface is made. Feeding of fish is stopped for a while, partial replacement of water with the “old” one is carried out, filtration and aeration are carried out, and the illumination of the aquarium is also reduced.
It is necessary to find out the reason, often it is overfeeding, or microscopic algae, which also multiply for various reasons, you need to feed once a day, one day hungry - this is useful for the condition of the fish and the aquarium too.
Combating water turbidity in an aquarium
Minor haze may be of inorganic origin: as a result of careless handling of the ground surface during the capture of fish or the hasty topping of water, it passes by itself.
Bacterial turbidity is stable, it is necessary to immediately start a serious struggle with it, otherwise a slight turbidity will quickly turn into significant, complicating the struggle with it.
You can not add fresh water to the aquarium, it brings with it food for bacteria. The surface of the aquarium soil is thoroughly cleaned of sludge, feeding of fish is stopped for 2-3 days, let them take care of cleaning the plants, that is, snapping algae.
The guarantee of success is the replacement of one-third or one-fourth of the volume of turbid water with “old” or at least boiled and then cooled water.
Enhanced, better round-the-clock, aeration not only facilitates the respiration of fish, but also contributes to the faster oxidation of decomposing organic substances - the nutrient medium of bacteria. Without receiving additional food, the bacteria starve and die.
One of the ways to combat the turbidity of water from organic substances is to put daphnia in an aquarium.
The "flowering" of water, which initially has a dull greenish tint, is easily confused with bacterial cloud. Most often this phenomenon is observed in spring and summer in aquariums illuminated by natural light.
The fight against "blooming" of water is almost the same as with bacterial cloud: cleaning the surface of the soil, temporarily stopping feeding fish, partially replacing water with the "old", aerating and filtering, reducing the illumination of the aquarium. To combat the "bloom" and the aquarium is sometimes enough to put a piece of copper wire. //www.kvarum.kiev.ua/aquarium/borpomut.php