What to do if you find a dead fish?
Suddenly discovered that you have died in a fish tank and do not know what to do now? We have compiled five tips for you to cope with the death of the fish and what to do if this happened. But, remember that even in the most ideal conditions, they still die. Often, suddenly, for no apparent reason and very annoying for the owner. Especially if it is a large and beautiful fish, such as cichlids.
Often aquarium fish die due to the fact that the water parameters have changed. The most pernicious effect on them is the low oxygen content of the water. Characteristic behavior is that most fish stand in the surface of the water and swallow air from it. If the situation is not corrected, then after a while they begin to die. At the same time, such situations can occur even among experienced aquarists! The oxygen content in water depends on the temperature of the water (the higher it is, the less oxygen is dissolved), the chemical composition of the water, the bacterial film on the surface of the water, the outbreak of algae or ciliates. You can help partial water changes by turning on aeration or directing the flow from the filter close to the surface of the water. The fact is that during gas exchange, it is the fluctuations of the water surface that play the decisive role.
1. Look at
Check and recalculate your fish daily, while feeding. Are they all alive? Are everyone healthy? Does everyone have a good appetite? Six neons and three speckled, everything is in place?
If someone is missed, check the corners of the aquarium and lift the lid, maybe it is somewhere upstairs in the plants? But you can not find a fish, it is quite possible that she died. In this case, stop searching. As a rule, a dead fish becomes visible anyway, it either floats to the surface, or lies on the bottom, the floor is snagged, stoned, or even falls into the filter. Every day, inspect the aquarium, did the dead fish appear? If found, then ...
2. Remove the dead fish
Any dead fish, as well as large snails (such as ampoules or mariz) should be removed from the aquarium. They rot very quickly in warm water and create soil for the development of bacteria, the water is muddier and begins to stink. This all poisons other fish and leads to their death.
3. Look at the dead fish
If the fish is not too decomposed, do not hesitate to examine it. This is unpleasant, but necessary. Are her fins and scales full? Maybe her neighbors beat her to death? Are the eyes in place and are they dull? Strongly swollen belly like in the picture? Maybe she has an internal infection or she has poisoned herself with something.
4. Check water
Every time you find a dead fish in your tank, you need to check the quality of the water with the help of tests. Very often the cause of fish death is the increase in the content of harmful substances in the water - ammonia and nitrates. To test them, get in advance tests for water, better drip.
The test results will show two results, either everything is fine in your tank and you should look for the cause in another one, or the water is already rather polluted and you need to replace it. But, remember that it is better to change no more than 20-25% of the volume of the aquarium, so as not to change the maintenance conditions of the fish too dramatically.
If the water is all right, then you need to try to determine the cause of death of the fish. Of the most common: disease, hunger, overfeeding (especially dry food and bloodworms), long stress due to improper housing conditions, age, the attack of other fish. And a very frequent reason - and who knows why ... Believe me, any aquarist, even the one who has been keeping a complex fish for many years, has sudden deaths to watch his favorite fish.
If the incident is a single case, then do not worry - just watch out for new fish or die. If this happens all the time, then obviously something is wrong. Be sure to contact an experienced aquarist, it's easy to find now, since there are forums and the Internet.
Why die fish in an aquarium, what to do?
Why do fish die
or the story of the sad fate of Goldfish!
The motive for writing this article was the communication on the form Fanfishka.ru with a certain citizen who wrote in the section on helping to determine the disease of fish.
"Help, please, I have a telescope at the age of 6 months. I haven’t eaten anything for three days. It floats on the surface with difficulty, there is enough air. There is no external damage and no swelling. Help if you can still, it’s a pity to lose fish."
Being a conscientious and sensitive person, I gave her a plan of action and events according to the full scheme, advised the preparations. And then, when I wrote everything, I thought - why should I treat it so radically, maybe the reason for the poor health of the fish lies on the surface? :)
In this connection, I asked a citizen: "Tell me, what is your aquarium volume, who lives there besides the telescope, etc."
When I received the answer, I just went nuts! I’m trying to get along with treatment and help, but it turns out that ... read the answer: "Aquarium 80 liters. 1 gourami, 2 thorns, 2 gold, 2 telescopes (1 patient, another healthy, but for some reason does not grow), 2 danios, 2 small antsistrus, 2 speckled catfish, 1 angelfish, 2 ampoules ... ".
The reason that the telescope was bad - was revealed !!!
Imagine if 16 people planted in an eight-meter hut, how much would they stretch? ... Whatever the conditions in this hut, the sea would start a month later.
Vendors of pet shops are selling fish to beginner aquarists, using their insatiable desired “I want this fish, this one and that one and those catfish”. At the same time, neither of them think about the further fate of the fish.
Sad! But for some reason, this is exactly the fate of "cramming nevpihuemoe" comprehends only aquarium inhabitants. Imagine, mother and daughter come to the pet store and say: "Give us 15 cats, 3 Yorkshire terriers, 5 chinchillas and one sheep-dog and 2 more parrots do not forget." Unfortunately, with aquarium fish this is exactly what happens.
And then, after a while, a convulsive scripture begins and the search for an answer to the questions: why the fish die and die, why do the fish lie at the bottom, float or swim on the surface, do not grow and do not eat!HERE'S OWN, WHAT HAS BEEN AWARDED ME WRITE THIS ARTICLE!This is some kind of attempt to stop the mockery of fish! An article for future similar questions. An article that will somehow help newcomers and people who are going to buy an aquarium to understand that the fish are the same living things as we do - they grow, require certain conditions of detention, have their own characteristics, etc.
Very clearly, this problem is visible in Goldfish (pearls, comets, telescopes, veils, shubunkin, oranda, ranch, koi carps, etc.). People either do not know or do not understand that this family of fish belongs to large species. In fact, they need to be kept in ponds (as it was in Dr. China) or in large aquariums.
But it was not there! People for some reason have developed a Hollywood stereotype that Goldfish looks beautiful in a round small aquarium.
HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!! The minimum volume of an aquarium for a pair of goldfish should be from 100 liters. This is the minimum in which they can live normally, and it’s not a fact that they will grow "to their full height."
Therefore, recalling the above example with a citizen, which has an 80-liter aquarium, in which: 4th scrofula, scalar, gourami and others ... it is not surprising to hear "My golden fish does not eat anything, lies at the bottom or swims belly to the top." And it touches the question, why do they not grow?))) But how can you grow here, you wouldn’t die!
In addition, in this example, there is a relative compatibility of fish. We must not forget that Scalaria is a peaceful, but still South American cichlid, and somehow it’s not a friend with goldfish. The same goes for the gourami - they are peaceful, but snooty individuals come across.Summarizing what has been said, I earnestly ask everyone not to violate the norms and conditions of keeping the fish.
Do not be greedy!
And then your fish will grow beautiful and big.
Somewhere I read that for 1 cm. The body of a fish without a tail should have 2-3 liters of water in an aquarium. Who cares here is a link to the compilation - How much can the fish in an aquarium X liters (at the end of the article, select the aquarium of the desired volume).
Now I would like to talk about other reasons that lead to poor health of fish, without any visible reason (signs of the disease are not visually visible).
If the norms of the volume of the aquarium are not violated, the compatibility of the fish and their number are not violated, and the fish still float or vice versa lie at the bottom and swallow air, then the reason may be:
Poisoning fish with nitrogen, ammonia,
and more simply poop
We live in the air, and the fish in the water. Parameters of aquarium water directly affect the health of the fish.
In the process of life, aquarium fish and other inhabitants defecate, another organic matter dies, the remains of food decompose, which leads to excessive saturation of water with nitrogenous compounds that are detrimental to all living things.
Thus, the cause of poor health or a pestilence in fish may be:
- lack of care for the aquarium (cleaning, cleaning, siphon, no filter or replacement of aquarium water).
- overfeeding fish (the presence in the aquarium is not eaten feed).
- untimely disposal of dead fish, etc. (some novices watch snails burst dead fish, this is absolutely impossible).
What to do in this case? It is necessary to eliminate the sources of nitrogen excretion:
- urgently transplant fish into another aquarium with clean water;
- strengthen aeration and filtration;
- to clean the aquarium, and then replace it? aquarium water to fresh;
- fill in the filter aquarium coal;
It should always be remembered that Aquarium water needs to be replaced weekly. However, this is not always good - old water is better than fresh, especially for young aquariums, in which the biobalance is not yet tuned. So this should also be done with the mind and as needed. If you see that the water in your "young aquarium" is not green, not muddy, etc. Replace at the beginning of 1 / 5-1 / 10 of the volume of aquarium water. However, one should always keep in mind that clear water is not an indicator of its purity. With that said, it is necessary to develop your own “tactics” of water changes based on the volume of the aquarium, its age and fish preferences, etc.
Emergency fish transplant - This is a temporary measure, if the fish is very profitable. As a rule, when a fish is not feeling well (lying on the bottom, swallowing air, swimming on its side, etc.), such an action brings it to life and after 2-3 hours it is cheerful and cheerful.
It should be remembered that such a transplant should be done in the water at about the same temperature as in the aquarium, the water should be separated (preferably), do not forget to provide aeration. And yet, if there is no other aquarium, an emergency temporary transfer can be carried out in a basin or other vessel.
About coal. Aquarium coal is sold in any pet store. It is not very expensive, so I recommend to buy it in reserve. Coal - this is a great additional measure in the fight against "shit and other evil spirits." If it is not at hand, you can temporarily take human activated carbon, wrap it in gauze or bandage and put it in the filter.
There are also so-called ion-exchange resins, for example, zeolite, they also refer to absorbents as coal, but they work, if you can say so at a more subtle level — removing nitrites and nitrates from the aquarium — decomposition products of ammonia, which in turn is formed from dead organics and waste products of hydrobionts.
Water filtration. It's simple. The aquarium filter must be suitable for the volume of aquarium water. Additional helpers: aquarium plants, as well as snails, shrimps and crustaceans.
In the end, we can advise the drug for quick cleaning of the aquarium from sewage - TetraAqua Biocoryn.Another reason that the fish die can be the wrong adaptation of newly purchased fish.
Well, firstly, you should not release new fish immediately into the aquarium. Everyone knows that. Let them acclimatize: Therefore, see the article All about Purchasing Transplant Fish Shipping!
Secondly, the fish that lived in the pet store or grew up in another pond got used to certain water parameters (pH, hD, temperature) and if you transplant them into water with radically opposite parameters, this can lead to their death in a day or a week.
Actually therefore for the correct adaptation there are so-called quarantine aquariums. You kill two birds with one stone: check whether new fish are contagious and adapt them to new conditions. The quarantine principle is simple - it is a small aquarium (another reservoir) into which new aquarium inhabitants are launched and within a week they are checked for lice, as well as they gradually add aquarium water from the aquarium in which they will live.
You can do without quarantine, but it is a risk! As a rule, it carries in 80% of cases, but 20% still remain. To neutralize these 20% I recommend to transfer fish with the drug company Tetra AquaSave (Tetra AquaSafe), read here DRUGS AND TETRA AIR CONDITIONERS. This preparation "improves" aquarium water and reduces the stress of fish during transplantation.The third reason that the fish is bad is asphyxia, caused by the lack of sufficient aeration of aquarium water.
The obvious signs of asphyxiation (suffocation) in fish are: frequent opening of the mouth, heavy breathing, wide opening of the mouth - as if yawning, the fish swims near the surface and there is enough oxygen.
You should know that the fish breathe oxygen dissolved in aquarium water, which they pass through the gills with water and if it is not enough of the fish simply suffocate.
Enhanced aeration and bringing it back to normal will correct the situation!
Another - the fourth reason for the ascent of the fish with a belly to the top can be the use of tap water
Opinions on this are different. While talking and discussing this topic, some comrades say: "Yes, all this is fikhgnya, I fill in the unstable tap water in the aquarium and everything is fine - the fish will not die." However, it is worth noting that tap water in many regions of the CIS is simply terrible! It contains so much bleach and other impurities that it is scary to use it. Somewhere, of course, the water is better here and “carries” - the fish do not die. In the Czech Republic, for example, tap water is generally spring water from the Karlovy Vary sources, but alas, where is the Czech Republic, and where are we ?!
Therefore it is very important to use only separated water for the aquarium. In addition to the fact that chlorine will evaporate from the water and heavy impurities will settle, excess oxygen will also be released, which are no less destructive for fish.
What to do if you poured tap water and fish from this poplohelo? Ideally transplanted into separated water. However, if you originally poured water, then you probably do not have separated water. One way out is to add aquarium chemistry that stabilizes the aquarium water. For example, the aforementioned Tetra AquaSafe or TetraAqua CrystalWater.
The fifth reason for the death of fish - a violation of the temperature
The generally accepted temperature measure of aquarium water for many fish is 25 degrees Celsius. But too cold water or too warm leads to all the same symptoms: the ascent of the fish, lying on the bottom, etc.
With cold water, everything is clear - you need to buy a thermostat and bring the reduced temperature to the desired one. But with too warm water is much more complicated. Usually aquarists encounter this problem in the summer, when the water in the aquarium boils and rolls over 30 degrees, from which the fish become lethargic and "faint."There are three ways out of this situation:
- cool the aquarium water handicraft: using frozen 2n. bottles from the fridge. But - this is not very convenient, because frozen water quickly gives off cold and you need to constantly change the bottle. In addition, jumps and temperature fluctuations - there, no less harmful than just elevated water temperature.
- sold special installation cooling aquarium, but alas, they are expensive.
- buy an air conditioner and install it in a room with an aquarium, in addition to room stuffiness, the air conditioner will knock down the aquarium heat. The last option in my opinion the most acceptable.
The sixth and seventh reason
Sometimes the cause of bloating the fish and swimming a belly or side to the top is overfeeding. Again, this reason is largely related to goldfish, because they suffer from gluttony, overeating and begging. Do not enter them on occasion. Feed them exactly as much as it should be. Otherwise, your gluttons will earn inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract or, more simply, they will suffer from constipation!
Another reason for which the fish can lie down for no apparent reason is stress. Well, do not like her neighbors and that's it. Or it often happens that they take young fish, and all the boys and one female grow out of it, and as a result, the boys start a showdown - who is in charge. The weak begin to chase and tyrannize, with the result that they are hammered into a corner, lie on the bottom, well, and die. There is only one way out, to resettle everyone, give them to friends or back to the pet shop.
What else can affect the health of fish:
- избыток освещения или стресс от него;
- декорирование аквариума химически опасными украшениями (металлом, резиной, пластиком);
- передозировка препаратов;Подводя итоги, можно сделать однозначный вывод, что правильное содержание рыбок - это панацея от многих аквариумных бед. Если Вы будете внимательны к своим аквариумным обитателям, то и они отблагодарят Вас своей
красотой и долголетием!
We also recommend that you read the brochure Navigator 3: an interview with an ichthyopathologist. Below is a link to the pdf-version, which you can download, as well as its test version.
To read and / or download the Navigator
click on the picture below
If you do not have a PDF reader installed, we recommend that you use AdobeReader by downloading it from the official site.
Useful video about the treatment of fish, which will help solve the question of what to do with a dying fish?Video section of the site on the treatment of aqua fish
What to do if fish die in an aquarium
Aquarium fish can die for various reasons. The most common are drastic changes in water parameters, disease, and body wear. The detrimental level of oxygen in the water affects the health of the fish. In this case, the fish are at the surface of the water, and capture the air. If the problem is not solved in time, the pets will die. Unfortunately, there are a number of reasons why domestic fish can die.
The level of oxygen in an aquatic environment depends on the temperature of the water (in warm water, a low concentration of dissolved oxygen), chemical indicators, a bacterial film on the surface of the water, outbreaks of ciliates and algae. To solve the problem will help water renewal, intensive aeration. Fluctuations of the surface layer of water play a leading role in the gas exchange of a closed space.
Common causes of death of aquarium fish
- Water of inadequate quality (dirty, turbid, toxic). The likely cause of death is poisoning with nitrogenous compounds that are formed after the collapse of fish waste. Improper water purification leads to the fact that nitrites, nitrates and ammonium as toxic substances quickly spread in the water. The correct nitrogenous cycle is a guarantee of the health of all pets. But if the water is poisoned by nitrogenous compounds, it becomes turbid, the smell of rot will appear. The dissolved ammonia can be in a reservoir in high doses at a pH level of 7.5 and above. At lower pH levels, ammonium is not so toxic, but it can harm small fish. Fish die from poisoning with this substance.
- Wrong conditions of the settlement of fish, too fast adaptation. Water in a pet store and in a home tank can vary in many ways. If the fish instantly settle into the water of a different pH level, hardness, temperature, with a difference of one unit and more, then they die within 24 hours or one week. It is advisable to take water from the store aquarium in a portable package, and pour it into a separate container. It is necessary to add water from the main reservoir in portions, not more than 5% of the total volume, at intervals of 10 minutes. Fish can be transplanted into the aquarium after the part of the aquarium water in the tank becomes higher than 60-75% of the total volume.
See how to properly transplant aquarium fish.
- Gas embolism is a disease that can lead to the sudden death of a fish. On the eyes, the body can be seen capillaries, the body turns red, the fish swims from corner to corner, the body is covered with air bubbles, the scales are tousled. The disease is the result of a sharp replacement of water (more than 50%), or the settlement of the pet in the water, recruited directly from the tap.
- Illness is another reason why fish die. Often the symptoms of the disease are visible immediately by the behavior of the fish and its appearance. Diseases are the result of a weak immune system, stress, infection. Without solving problems with water, even drugs do not always eliminate the problem. Some treatments may not be suitable, and may lead to poor health. For example, salting water for medicinal purposes is impossible if the fish are poisoned by nitrates. Therefore, if you buy a new fish, leave it for a 2-4 week quarantine so that it probably does not bring the disease to the general aquarium. After quarantine, healthy fish can be launched to other fish.
What to do if you find a dead fish in the walls of the aquarium?
- Look at the number of fish in the tank. Recount them in the morning and in the hours of feeding. What is their condition, do they take food well? Are there fish that refuse food? Is it possible bloating in one of the fish? If you have not found any fish, check all the corners in the aquarium by lifting the lid. Inspect the plants, caverns and all the scenery. If after a few days the dead fish did not float to the surface, it may have suffered from a neighbor in the aquarium, and you can hardly find it. Sometimes the fish fall into an unprotected filter, and die there. In any case, keep searching until you find the visible reasons for the disappearance.
- Fish that have died in an aquarium should be removed from it. Tropical species of fish quickly rot because of high water temperature. Under conditions of such an environment, bacteria multiply rapidly, water grows turbid, and an unpleasant odor appears, which can cause infection of other pets.
- It is necessary to do an inspection of a dead fish. You must understand why she died in an aquarium. Wear medical gloves. If the body is not completely decomposed, look at the condition of the fins, scales, and condition of the abdominal cavity. Perhaps there are wounds on the body or signs that she has suffered from unproductive neighbors. If the stomach is strongly swollen, eyes bulging, the scales are covered with bloom or stains - it means that the pet has suffered from illness or poisoning. After inspection, gloves should be discarded.
- Check the water parameters. Water is often the main cause of poor health. Take tests with indicators, and make the necessary measurements. The increased content of ammonia and nitrates in water, heavy metals leads to the fact that pets die quickly. If the aquarium has a decorative element made of iron, zinc, copper - this is another pointer. Some fish do not tolerate metal, and suddenly die.
Watch a video on why water tests are needed and how to use them.
- After the test results, draw conclusions. The test will show two results - either you have everything in order in the aquarium, or the water is dirty and there is an overabundance of toxic substances in it. In the second case, you need to enable powerful filtering, and make a replacement of 25% of the aquarium water for clean and infused. Dramatically change the parameters of the water is not necessary, it can harm living fish.
- But if the water is in proper condition, there may be a number of other reasons why the fish died. Sometimes aquarium pets die of hunger, overeating, illness, severe stress, bruises after attacking other fish, age. If the fish die suddenly, you need to do everything necessary to keep others alive. Contact your veterinarian if you do not find obvious causes of death of the pet.
Why fish die in an aquarium :: why fish aquarium die :: Other pets
Why fish die in the aquarium
The causes of death of aquarium fish can be many. Ideally, the environment in the aquarium should be as close as possible to the natural habitat of the species of fish that you settled in it. If there are any deviations, it can lead to health problems and even the death of your pets.
The question "Plots turtles." - 3 replies
Aquarium fish should be provided with perfectly clean water, the aquarium itself should be well lit and filtered. And, of course, we must not forget about feeding and live plants. It would seem that to fulfill these requirements is quite simple, what can go wrong? Most often the fish die as a result of the following violations.
The first reason - poor-quality water. If you do not clean your aquarium often enough, then the waste products of the fish disintegrate and poison the water with nitrogen compounds. During the day, the fish accumulate a huge amount of feces - up to a third of its weight. In addition, do not overfeed your pets, otherwise the uneaten food will begin to decompose. Unfortunately, many novice aquarists are poorly oriented in such matters and completely forget about timely cleaning. Nitrogen compounds, such as ammonium, nitrate and nitrite, make themselves felt unpleasant smell and muddy
The second reason is the wrong adaptation of the purchased fish to new conditions. The problem is that the water in pet shops aquariums and the water in your home can vary dramatically in terms of pH, temperature, hardness. You can not just take and throw a newly acquired fish in your tank, it can experience shock. It is necessary to attach a bag with a new fish to the glass of the aquarium, install weak aeration and pour aquarium water into the bag every 10-15 minutes. After an hour and a half, the water from the package can be poured into the sink, and the fish run into the aquarium. In the aquarium for a better adaptation of new fish, it is desirable to add a special anti-stress drug
What does the wrong content lead to?
The third reason is quite common - various diseases. But It is worth noting that the disease option should be considered only when the possibility of contamination or maladjustment is excluded. And here it is necessary to make a reservation that the fish get sick because of the reduced immunity caused by adverse conditions. If one fish has died, or the sea has begun, you need to consult with a specialist who is not interested in selling expensive drugs. For the prevention of disease, take care of the fish, and place the diseased and recently acquired imported animals into quarantine.
Finally, you should list the adverse factors that may adversely affect the health of your fish, which can lead to death. These factors include tap water, a heater that broke down in winter, a lack of oxygen, and finally, aggression from other fish.
Please tell me the reason. Dying fish in the aquarium !!!!
Tails do not stick together?
Try to buy an antifungal drug at a pet store or a pet store (I don’t remember what is called blue), the sellers will tell you!
Here I found something sensible: if you feed it with live food, you better give it up.
Rinse the aquarium well, wash the filters under running hot water, and clean the algae. Pierce the primer in the oven. In the aquarium with clean water, release the fish, it is desirable that no old water gets there. And add methylene blue, temperature every day, raising by one degree, bring up to +30, hold it for a week, then lower it to +26. Do not feed fish during treatment! (without food they can live a month). Then you can once again add bluing.
There can be many reasons, from hydrochemistry to the simplest disease of fish. It is difficult to say from the photo except that the water is muddy, but for goldfish it is quite common. You did not say anything about the behavior and what the fish themselves look like.
In your aquas too many fish. Places - a maximum of a dozen (gold). It is also (possible) overfeeding and too high temperature (goldfish - cold water, the norm is + 18C, higher than very good. Bad). It may have been contaminated if something was recently added to an aquarium (plants, soil, snails, fish) or poisoned by a new plastic decoration. Still, maybe there was a sharp (1C or more) temperature jump.
The fish looks healthy, most likely with water. How often do you change? Urgently test the water, a lot of fish and a lot of nitrates.
I would say nitrite poisoning is not a balance of beneficial bacteria in aqua due to the terrible overcrowding of such powerful aquatic organisms as goldfish, with smaller instances such a freeze would not have occurred. And so above Natalya correctly noticed what is being done for the livelihood and activities of your water?
you have overpopulation, for one goldfish you need 50 liters. You can keep a maximum of 5 in your aqua. What do you feed? in goldfish, digestion is weak. on one dry food, they will not survive. What filter is worth? with scrofula porsyats need a good performance external. make tests for water quality, and make sure that nitrites in your aqua going through the roof.
12 fish died, and how much is left? 240 liters, for 5 scrofula, well, an edge for 7. Given that you do not have live plants and a lot of plastic, you should have put a very powerful external filter and make a water change mode about 10% per day. Otherwise, your fish will inevitably suffocate in the products of your own life activity.
Right now - the substitution of water up to 40%, with the addition of Tetra Aqua Safe, the introduction of Sera Nitrivec into the water according to the instructions. Stop feeding for 2-3 days, in the future, feed only with freezing.
Die guppies in the aquarium! Why?
It is necessary that the water was settled. They bought fish where the seashells disappeared, they began to clean the shells, and they saw the horror there was a fish with a belly full of holes (it turned out there were predators). Due to the fact that the water was hot, some fish jumped out of the aquarium.
Prince of Wales
nothing can boil ...
1. Remove all the shells, they make the water hard.
2. Do not do a spring-cleaning in the aquarium once a month. Better every week little by little.
The key to success in aquarism is the ability to grow plants. If you can not maintain a biobalance sufficient for plants, then you can not contain fish.
In fact, everything is simple. It is necessary to stop thinking in terms of sterility. There is no sterility in nature. Totally. And every time you step on the same rake.
Let's start with the fact that 8 liters is not the volume for a normal aquarium. More precisely, the volume, but for an experienced aquarist. In small volumes it is very difficult to maintain the biobalance. The literature advises beginners to begin (sorry for the tautology) with 100 liters. I start with 60, which also turned out to be not bad. Indeed, the more a bank, the less problems with it, the better everything works in it (if you have the necessary equipment). Here they have already said that it is not necessary to arrange a gene-cleaning every time. In one of the options, the water should be drained once a week, a third or a quarter with a simultaneous siphon of the soil. In a small aquas, this will also be a problem - thrust a siphon, here, in fact, a third has merged, if not more. The fish must be properly transplanted, and not immediately tossed into new water. Information on the forums of the sea, just do not be lazy to read. Here you have good sites - aqa.ru, vitawater.ru.
8l - not an aquarium, but a can of water. Balance can not be achieved and maintained in such a volume.
For beginners from 30-50l
8 l for a maximum of 2 male guppies.
Nothing to blame for the disease - die from poor care
Why does the water in the aquarium quickly grow cloudy, feed frozen food, the filter works around the clock and the fish are dying what to do?
There are a few rules that must be followed whatever the fish. watch what temperature, the sun should not shine in the aquarium, change the water separated once a month (see item 1), do not overfeed the fish (it is better to underfeed than overfeed), bring catfish and snails to clean the aquarium, and what kind of frozen food? Feed dry for fish. it is better if the light above the aquarium is lit at night.
maybe the food is of poor quality, filter the water outside the aquarium and change the food, don’t give a lot, see to eat in 5 minutes and look at the fish — how they behave, swallow water from the surface, if there are any ulcers and growths on the body, and put the aquarium away from the sun, in the shade, it would be good to add activated carbon for aquariums to the pump