Why does water foam and need to do something
Some distributors of ornamental fish and other water pets periodically encountered the problem of pollution and the formation of foam in the aquarium. There are several factors that affect water performance: some are related to the lifetime of the tank, others are related to the frequency of care and maintenance, and others are related to external factors. If water foams in the home aquarium - what are the causes of this phenomenon, and how to clean the liquid?
Water clarifiers with the effect of water purification
The first step in eliminating any water contamination is finding the best way to remove dirt. There are many chemicals that partially purify water, but they only hide the "symptoms" that are solved by proper care of the tank.
Chemical granules remove superficial contamination, while water can be cleaned on its own within a few hours, otherwise artificial purification will not affect the water indicators at all. Aquarists who have problems with frothy water use these preparations for water. As a result, the water foams even more, acquiring a milky white shade.
Why does water foaming and bubbling in new aquariums
When you first launched a new aquarium, it begins a new cycle, so the biological components of the filter are ready to eliminate fish waste. Clear or "milky" water may be the result of such a process, but usually it appears at the end of this cycle. If the fish tank is only a few weeks old, or it only works for a couple of days, the water can also foam and bubble.
Bubbles are formed both on the surface of the water and in the middle layers. It can bubble when the aquarium is just started, and ammonia, nitrates have not eroded from the water, or during the first aeration of water. Unfortunately, the only way to remove bubbles on the surface is to be patient. When the cycle is completed, the foaminess will disappear by itself, the water will again become crystal clear. Otherwise, additional measures will have to be taken.
See how to clean the aquarium filter.
If there is no fish in the aquarium, but water foams on the surface
- If the tank is new and the fish have not been settled in it (the new cycle has not started), then white or gray foam may arise due to the presence of untreated snags or other decorations in it that should be washed with cool running water before introducing it into the aquarium.
- When installing an unwashed filter, its contaminated mechanical elements may trash debris causing foam. The filter is recommended to disassemble, rinse.
- It is possible that some object that is used as decoration in the aquarium, dissolved in water, or otherwise it is not safe for the aquarium. It can produce any foam color, although gray or milky white is the most common. The item must be removed, it is also recommended to change the water.
- Buy aquarium decorations in proven pet stores. Carefully check the rocks, grottoes, caves and coconuts before installing in the tank. If, after treatment with running water, they change shape, melt, become soft - this is a bad signal. It means that there are weak spots in them, it is better not to place them in the water.
- Make sure that the decorations are not painted, that the paint does not peel off, or discolor. If there is salted water in the aquarium, or it is reefy (for African cichlids), it is recommended to remove coral skeletons or seashells from it, which can increase the level of pH and water hardness. After removing the harmful elements, the frothy water should go off, the water parameters will return to normal. Additional pond filtration will also help.
Watch a video on how to care for an aquarium.
What else provokes the formation of foam in the aquarium
- Chemicals (medicine for fish and fertilizer for plants) can react with organic substances, creating a frothy “cloud” on the surface of the water. To prevent this, minimize the use of chemicals and additives in water. Before adding drugs to the general aquarium, test it in a separate container with water to get an idea of the consequences. The problem will fix the change of water and filtering.
- Irregular renewal of water to fresh and clean provokes foaming of the surface. Garbage, waste in the form of under-fed food, scales accumulate and begin to either float or dissolve. Cyanobacteria can also bloom, causing cloudy water. Again, update 10-20% of the water weekly.
- Frequent water changes are also not always appropriate. Permanent procedures (2-3 times a week) cause turbidity of water, and the bacteria that provide biological filtration simply disappear before they can recover. Regular, portioned water changes will help keep the nursery clean, fresh and healthy.
- Abundant feeding of fish, amphibians and reptiles also leads to pollution of the aquatic environment. Feed portions. The stomachs of animals are not so big as to consume feed bags. They have enough feed for two minutes.
- Overcrowding in the nursery also adversely affects water quality. A large number of fish do not get along with each other, are under constant stress, which impairs their appearance and shortens their life. In addition, it provokes the growth of algae, additional maintenance, as a result - the formation of foam on the surface. It is possible to settle 1 small fish per 10 liters of water, 20-30 liters - one big fish, which will reduce the amount of foam in the water.
- If the aquarium is not sufficiently filtered, or a poor-quality filter is installed that is not properly maintained, the water will not be effectively treated. In addition, it will not be cleansed of impurities of organic matter, algae, cyanobacteria and foam may appear later. Regular testing of the filter and its design can detect the cause of the problem by preventing it.
See also: Why does the water grow turbid in the aquarium?
Causes of water turbidity and how to deal with it
Muddy water in an aquarium is a common phenomenon that almost every aquarist has encountered. Sometimes the causes of the problem are found quickly, and sometimes it takes a long time to figure out why the water has become cloudy. How to deal with the formation of turbidity, what is recommended to do and what is not?
When does water appear in the water?
The causes of muddy water in an aquarium can be varied, and it is not as easy to deal with them as it seems at first glance.
- Turbidity can occur due to swimming in the pond of small particles of algae, solid organics and cyanobacteria. There is another unobtrusive reason - poor washing of the aquarium soil and inaccurate pouring water from a clean tank. This type of turbidity does not threaten the water and the fish, you can do nothing with it. After some time, the muddy part of the water will settle, or seep into the filter, remaining there. The formation of turbidity can provoke fish who love to plow the ground, but these actions for the reservoir are completely harmless.
- Turbid water in an aquarium can be caused by cichlids, goldfish and tail finch fish - their active movement in a reservoir is the cause of the resulting turbidity. If a filter is not installed in the tank, it will be difficult to clean the water.
- Often, muddy water appears after the first start of the aquarium, after the fresh water inlet. Nothing to do, in a day or two the sediment will fall to the ground and disappear. The mistake of novice aquarists is a partial or complete renewal of water, which is considered a gross error. When adding new water to a newly launched aquarium, the bacteria will become even more! If the aquarium is small, you can install a sponge filter that quickly cleans the pond.
Watch the video about the device and the operation of the internal filter.
- Malicious bacteria in an aquarium can also be causes of turbidity. When the water becomes green, then it's time to draw conclusions - this is an unnatural color. Muddy and green water is formed due to overcrowding of the aquarium with fish or plants. That is, the aquarium fluid passes through the filter, but is not cleaned. The abundance of metabolic products provokes the formation of putrefactive microorganisms, ciliates and other unicellular. If ciliates are beneficial, the bacteria can harm the plants - they will start to rot. In order not to be surprised why fish and plants often get sick - watch the aquarium clean and tidy.
- Why still breed single-celled? Because you do not have time to clean the tank after heavy feeding. For aquarism it is better to underfeed than to feed. This rule will protect the fish from problems. After overfeeding again the water got cloudy - what to do? Arrange a pet unloading diet for a couple of days, the bacteria will die out, the water biobalance will be restored.
- Incorrectly installed decoration. Snags, plastic materials of poor quality dissolve in water, forming a muddy shade. If the scenery is new wooden, but untreated - they can be boiled or infused in salt solution. Plastic snags should be replaced with new ones.
- In the old, stagnant nursery with fish sediment is formed due to "whiteness after fish treatment", this is when drugs and purification chemistry for aquarium glass were used in the pond. Such substances have a number of side effects, they disrupt the biological equilibrium, neutralizing the favorable microflora.
How to overcome turbidity in water?
Now we know the reasons why the water grows cloudy in the aquarium, and what to do in each case. However, there are general rules, without which it is impossible to completely eliminate the problem.
- Siphonte the ground in the aquarium. Open the filter, rinse and clean. Then add activated carbon to it - this needs to be done to absorb harmful substances. It is forbidden to make a complete replacement of water and washing the aquarium soil, otherwise the beneficial bacteria will die out and will not be able to process rot and algae.
See how to siphon the soil in the aquarium.
- In some cases, it is necessary to do an intensive aeration of the aquarium - when there are a lot of fish feed residues and a fasting day is not enough. Oxygen will quickly remove excess organic matter.
- If an unpleasant smell disappears in an aquarium, it means that the struggle with mist is over successfully. Also for elimination of bacterial turbidity it is possible to use elodeya, having landed it superficially in a ground.
Dregs in the water: types
The color of cloudiness will tell about the sources of its formation:
- The water color is greenish - single-celled algae reproduce;
- Brown water - peat, humic and tannins, poorly processed snags;
- Milky white color - unicellular bacteria begin to multiply;
- The color of the water coincides with the color of the soil or of a stone recently laid on it, which means that the soil was plowed by fish, or the stone turned out to be fragile.
Drugs that prevent the appearance of a cloudy precipitate
- Aquarium coal is absorbent, which is added after cleaning the tank to the filter for a period of 2 weeks. After extraction, you can fill in a new batch there.
- Tetra Aqua CrystalWater is a tool that binds small particles of dirt into one, after which they can be removed or passed through a filter. After 8-12 hours the reservoir will be crystal clear. Dosage - 100 ml per 200 liters of water.
- Sera Aquaria Clear - also binds sediment particles, passing it through the filter. During the day, dirt can be removed from the cassette. The drug does not contain harmful substances.
- Before adding sorbents to water, it is better to move the fish to another container.
In order to avoid turbid water, it is necessary to control the level of nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. They stand out as a result of the vital activity of fish, plants and improper care of the water body. Therefore, fish should be settled in the tank, the size of which corresponds to its volume. Proper feeding of pets, timely cleaning of the products of their vital activity, removal of rotten plants will settle the water balance. If there is no mechanical or biological filter in the aquarium, replace 30% of the water weekly with fresh and sedimented. Do not add water from the pipeline with the smell of chlorine or boiled.
See also: What water to pour into the aquarium with fish?
If the water dimmed after running the aquarium
After the first start of the aquarium, sometimes the water becomes cloudy, thus acquiring an uncharacteristic color. In itself, turbidity is not a terrible phenomenon, it is a signal that something is wrong in the water and there is a need to do preventive procedures to eliminate the problem. Turbid water after launching appears due to a number of reasons, after studying which, the reservoir can be put in order.
What is the aquatic environment characteristic of new aquariums?
A few days after installation and start-up, the water in the aquarium dimmed dramatically. Why it happens?
- The fact is that in the "immature" reservoirs the biological environment has not yet formed, the beneficial bacteria have not spread enough, and are in a state of "stress." While they multiply massively, and after a few weeks, their colonies will adapt to the new reservoir. In old aquariums, bacteria do not multiply abundantly.
- The water in the new aquarium also becomes cloudy from the light particles of soil, which rises under the influence of frequent water changes. When pouring water directly on the ground, its pellets rise sharply, floating for a long time. This process creates a visual turbidity of water. To avoid this, it is necessary to make a careful and gradual injection of fluid into the tank. After this, the sediment will "calm down" and settle to the bottom. Purchased fish are unlikely to create a "hurricane" in a new home - they are shy and often hide in shelters. Water with sand sediment is harmless to fish and plants.
- Newbies in aquarism can overfeed the fish, because of what food remains to swim in the middle layers of water, or settle to the bottom, mixing with the ground. Later, putrefactive bacteria that produce toxins multiply in the water. Ammonia, nitrates and nitrites - their decay products, which can poison all the inhabitants of the aquarium. It is better to give pets less food than to overfeed.
- Why do small particles of white precipitate appear in water? To purify water from turbidity, some owners of home aquariums immediately add water purification chemicals to the water. Before being introduced into the tank, they must be diluted in a separate container until completely dissolved. These substances, in addition to filtration, change the parameters of water. White sediments appear on snags, decorations and in the water itself, and the fish are not feeling well. In this case, pets are better moved to another capacity.
Watch the video about why the water in the aquarium grows cloudy.
- New water may cloud due to reproduction of single-celled algae. After the launch of the reservoir, where the lighting is too bright and the aeration and filtration system is poorly adjusted, the algae actively multiply, causing dregs.
- It is necessary to remember about ciliates - microscopic orderlies of water. In the early days, they also multiply rapidly, giving the water a milky white color. At this time it is impossible to colonize the fish, for a start let the parameters of the reservoir stabilize.
- The gray color of the water after start-up indicates insufficient washing of the gravel before laying. It is necessary to do the washing until it becomes crystal clear in running water. If the sediment does not disappear, it means that the stone contains impurities of phosphates, silicates and heavy metals. For accurate problem detection, it is better to use litmus paper with an indicator of an alkaline environment. Perhaps, it is worth getting rid of such gravel, replacing it with quality.
- After the launch, the water became dull brown, what to do? The reason is obvious - wooden decorations can paint water, and the use of peat to soften water or filter the soil imposes its brownish color on it. Tannin and humus are safe for fish, but they change the pH level, which may not be suitable for some types of pets. The following actions - get the snags from the water, and soak them for several days in infused running water. Fish evict, and replace the soil.
- If the water is dimmed and painted in an unnatural color (pink, black, blue) - look at the color of the soil and stones. Activated charcoal will help to bring water into ordinary color - it discolors the paint.
Recommendations for the operation of recently launched aquariums
After a new life in the aquarium wakes up, you need to do the necessary procedures so that no turbidity appears in it.
- In a new aquarium, do not partially refresh the water for 2-3 weeks until the microflora has stabilized. A complete change of water is harmful for both fish and plants.
- In order to avoid organic sediment at the bottom of the aquarium, you need to do fasting days for the fish. Give the fish as much food as they eat in 1-2 minutes. Unfinished food residues can be collected personally using a special siphon.
See how to properly feed aquarium fish.
- Install a quality filter and aerator in the aquarium. Often, turbid water appears due to a poor cleaning system.
- Use heavy soil with a sinking fraction. Some types of sand or gravel are not able to sink to the bottom even a few days after the installation of the reservoir. Such a ground is deadly to all inhabitants of the reservoir. Either rinse it thoroughly or use coarser sand.
Causes of green sediment in the tank
Why did the water go turbid and turned green - what to do about it? This question is often asked by novice aquarium holders. It has a simple answer - strong growth of algae (cyanobacteria).Turning on the abundant lighting above the reservoir, they thrive. Turbid environment with microscopic algae does not harm the fish, but it causes an ugly aesthetic appearance.
Daphnia and shade do an excellent job with water blooming. Transfer the tank to a shaded area where the algae will be sensitive and stop growing. Then start daphnia, but only so that the fish did not eat them. A large amount of daphnia can eliminate green water. Also, algae are eaten by common snails, which in a couple of days will clear the pond to shine.
Why on the walls of the new tank are visible small bubbles with air? The answer is: this is all due to untreated tap water, from which chlorine has not eroded. Such water smells sharply and has a slightly white tint. If the water for the aquarium correctly insist and do not fill it early, then this effect will not.
It is not recommended to settle the fish in insufficiently infused water - excess air is harmful for them. The circulatory system of waterfowl processes this air into bubbles, blocking the walls of blood vessels. As a result of this process, the fish get gas embolism and die. The first symptoms of the disease: edema of the whole body, rich dark color. Later, the fish begin to swim on their sides, do not let anyone near them. If you do not evict the fish in time, they will get worse. Restore the normal gas balance in this water, then the animals will survive and regain a healthy, beautiful look.
How to make crystal clear water in an aquarium?
To make the water in the aquarium crystal clear, as in a public or store pond for fish, you must achieve a certain level of transparency in various ways. Very clean, almost blue water is a liquid without turbidity, dirt and harmful impurities. In such an environment, any decorative pet will feel safe, demonstrating health and beautiful appearance. New aquarium, or old - it does not matter, it is better to wash it thoroughly and clean the water. There are conditions, the maintenance of which will make the aquarium water crystal clear.
To get clear water, you need to clean the tank with table salt - it will neutralize bacteria, the glass walls will gain luster. After washing, rinse the container with tap water, using a hose.
Put in the aquarium a dark ground of a large size - it perfectly emphasizes the color of the fish, as opposed to light soil. Since poor-quality sand and stones can cause water pollution, the soil should be sorted out, removing organic impurities from it. Then rinse the sand until the water is clear. And the last step - boil it and rinse it again under running water. This applies to river sand, and not purchased in the store. Store sand is already cleared of pollution. It should be laid in a layer of 4-5 cm.
- Do not fertilize the soil with peat, clay, silt, chernozem and other fertilizers! It will pollute the pond.
How to plant plants correctly
For water transparency, it is desirable to plant simple-to-maintain plants that do not pollute the water space and take root in new soil. Among them:
- Fern ceratopteris;
See how to plant aquarium plants.
Plants are recommended to plant bushes of the same variety - so they grow better. Vallisneria can not be planted next to other species. In order to avoid water turbidity, first plant the plants, and then add water to the tank. Seedlings should be placed in the recess, dropping the roots into the ground, and filling them with sand.
About the scenery
The purity of the decorations in the aquarium also affects the quality of the water. The rules that are best to follow when installing jewelry in a container:
- All decorations (grottoes, caverns, coconuts, snags, castles, labyrinths) should be treated from dirt and parasites in infused water (leave them for 3-4 days).
- If you decorate the bottom with stones, let them be red or black. However, the stones must be washed carefully, it is desirable to boil them. Calcium and magnesium in the stone which increase the hardness of the water spoil the parameters of the reservoir.
- Put the stones in the poured water so that they "got accustomed" there.
- Cover the aquarium - as long as the fish do not live in it, it will be saved from dust and insects, and a film of cyanobacteria will not form on it.
- After installing the decorations, run the fish in 2-3 days until the water in the aquarium settles, establishing biological balance.
Read more: Coconut in an aquarium - what you can do with your own hands.
See how to prepare a snag for an aquarium.
The secret of the purity of "residential" water
Many novice aquarists make a mistake when, after the first days of launching the reservoir, they begin to worry about the formation of mud and foam in it. It appeared bacteria that got into the aquatic environment from the air. Then the owners of the aquarium begin to change the water and do other procedures with it. It is better to wait 5-6 days, and the clouding will disappear. Otherwise, there really is something wrong with water.
Having been patient and waiting for 6 days, you will find clear and slightly yellowish water in the tank, which in professional circles is called “living”: infusoria and organic matter appeared in it, but there are almost no bacteria, neutralized ciliate.
Such water is a guarantee of health in an aquarium; it can be completely not changed for several years. If this water is renewed by more than half, bacteria will appear in it, causing turbidity.
Water Purifying Filters
Known so-called "live" and "inanimate" filters that help clean the water from pollution and bring it into a beautiful view. For aquariums install mechanical filters with a cassette and a sponge. However, once in the store where the fish are sold, you noticed that they swim in an ordinary tank, where there is no filter. It turns out that it is possible to maintain perfect purity without mechanical devices, sometimes their constant use brings harm. If there is no such filter in the aquarium, it means that it has a biological filter.
Biological, that is, living filter - these are plants that are planted in a lighted place. Infusoria and microwells that feed on bacteria are well developed in them. Thickets also keep dirt and turbidity in the aquarium with their stems and leaves.
Excellent "filters" are bottom fish (catfish) and snails that eat carrion. Based on the observations, the cochlea is able to make the water absolutely clean in a matter of days. This is probably the most affordable "filter" for a tank of water. Just be careful - some species of fish and amphibians are not averse to eat it.
One more representatives of the underwater world who are able to clean the environment in an aquarium are clam clams. Pea and sharovka love warm water, and toothless and perlovitsa - cold. Unfortunately, like snails, these mollusks can be eaten, so before putting them into the tank for "cleaning", it is better to evict the rest of the pets from it. Also, the larvae of toothless and perlovitsy parasitize on fish. Most likely, after cleaning the reservoir, you will have to quarantine the aquarium.
Spur frog - vertebrate amphibian, which will bring the aquarium to transparency. She can constantly live in the nursery with small fish, in parallel helping the water to be updated. The frog always lives in the water, but if it brings in fry - and there are a lot of them, the aquarium "jungle" will not rest. Carefully monitor the parameters of the water in the aquarium: regularly update the water, plant the correct plants, settle the “orderlies” into it, then he will get a wonderful appearance and a healthy balance.
Choosing water for the aquarium
There is no absolutely pure water in the world, it is mined in laboratories using step-by-step distillation. Water from a water supply system or natural source always contains impurities of various substances that play an important role in the ecosystem. Considering that many modern people keep fish at home, everyone wants to use the highest quality water for them. But what should be the water so that it can fill the home aquarium?
What you need to know about spring water
For a long time it was believed that spring water, recruited from a crystal clear stream, is best suited for ornamental freshwater fish. Perfectly clean, transparent, odorless and dirt free - that's exactly the kind of tank you can fill! It turned out that typing this is not always safe. Its difference from tap water is high rigidity. Even the soap in it is difficult to dissolve, what can we say about fish food. Due to the high content of magnesium and calcium salts, it has a detrimental effect on the health of the fish and their offspring (eggs). Unfortunately, the water from the spring is not recommended to add to an artificial aquarium. Occasionally it is mixed with water to increase rigidity.
Distilled and rainwater
Since the springs have increased hardness, can it be better to pour soft water into the tank - rainwater or distilled water? Again, not always - just mixing it with the plumbing. There are fish that love the environment with softened water, but many freshwater species still prefer medium, neutral water. Such water flows in domestic rivers and lakes - you can pour it purified into the aquarium, filling it with not all the space.
Watch the video on how to change the water in the aquarium.
What habitat most love aquarium fish
What water is needed for an aquarium? Combining water from different sources, it is impossible to achieve the ideal parameters. How many fish, so many requests. Some fish can live in the melt water of mountain lakes, others - in the brown marsh. In the first case, the water is very hard, in the second - soft. Fish have to settle in a different environment. It turns out that some fish are orderlies who love rotten water, others do not tolerate such parameters. Rotten environment is detrimental due to humic acids. Many freshwater biotopes of our country have pH neutral water, medium acidity, low alkalinity. For most aquarium fish, it is suitable.
Aquarium water for unpretentious fish
Water that must be prepared for not very capricious ornamental fish requires preliminary preparation. In the general aquarium it is necessary to fill in soft (sometimes medium hard) pH-neutral water. This can be plain tap water. In it, live-off and viviparous fish, which perfectly adapt to different conditions, take root well.
See how to change the water and care for the aquarium.
The degree of hardness can be measured using litmus paper, the temperature of the water - with a thermometer. Water of high degree of hardness is recommended to be mixed with soft rainwater (filtered) or distilled. Also, water from clean, melting snow or ice. The listed types of water can be collected in a clean container only after prolonged precipitation; it is enough to pour 30% soft water into infused water from the tap.
Water from the tap can not be poured immediately. It is better to pour it into a glass, and see if the glass is covered with bubbles, whether a strong smell will emanate. Such water is saturated with compounds of gases that fell into it during filtration at the treatment plant. Having let the fish in such a liquid, the pet's body will instantly become covered with bubbles, which will penetrate into the gills and internal organs. As a result, the fish will die. In addition to gas, chlorine is added to water for disinfection, it will also poison living beings.
To get rid of gases, tap water can be poured into glass containers, and let it settle there for several days (2-3 days). There is another quick way: pour water into enameled ware, bring it to the stove to 60 or 80 degrees, set aside and cool. Boiled water is harmful - it leaves on the walls of dishes scale calcium carbonate and magnesium. Boiled water can be poured into spawning, but in extreme cases. To fill the entire area of the aquarium with boiled water will take a long time. Another nuance - boiled water kills all the useful microflora.
If you do not have water supply (this occurs in our time), you should go to a clean river or lake (where there are no signs "No swimming is prohibited!", Etc.), and take water from there. If it is clean, river fishes (perch, bream, roach) really live and flourish in it, there is a water grid plant, which is a good sign. To destroy parasites, such water is heated in an enamel pot to 80-90 degrees, but not to make boiled water out of it. The parameters it will be different from the liquid from the tap, so think about whether to take such a risk. You can go to another house, and get running water there.
In addition to thawed, spring, rain and distilled water, it is advisable to pour 30% of the water from the old aquarium to the infused liquid from the tap. If he was kept safely, the fish and plants did not hurt there, the water in him was not muddy - this is a find. In the old (residential) aquarium water, whether it has been poured from a tap for a long time, there are many useful microbacteria that will create in the new dwelling the natural biological environment. In a residential aquarium environment contains a number of organic impurities that are very useful for the aquatic environment. They make the water more acidic, do not allow putrefactive and pathogenic bacteria to multiply. If high-quality and proven water is poured into the tank, all its inhabitants can be healthy.
Why does the water quickly grow turbid?
Muddy water in an aquarium with fish is perhaps the most common problem that concerns both beginners and experienced aquarists. Through trial and error, we have to figure out why muddy water appeared so quickly. The causes of this phenomenon can be different, ranging from a bacterial outbreak, improper feeding and irregular water renewal. A number of factors may also be the source of this problem. When the elimination or elimination of the causative agent of water turbidity in an aquarium occurs quickly, then the biological balance in the water is fully restored.
Sometimes this trouble provokes the death of fish, plants and invisible microorganisms. The first thing to do is to find out why the water becomes cloudy quickly. The second is to gradually eliminate the shortcomings.
Causes of Aquarium Water Turbidity
Why is the aquarium water quickly dimmed if the tank is equipped with a filter? The main problem is that on the very first day of the launch of the aquarium there is no holistic and permanent biological environment. The so-called "bacterial explosion" is caused by an active increase in the number of unicellular microorganisms that are constantly multiplying. In this case, the fish should not be settled, it is better to do it on another day. When microflora equilibrates in the tank, then the water will become crystal clear. Nothing serious needs to be done - this sediment will pass by itself. If you decide to change the water - it will again become muddy and unfit for life.
For 4-7 days the aquatic environment is fully restored, you can run plants and fish into it. To speed up the process, you can add water after the old aquarium with "residential" water.
Another common problem with the rapid turbidity of water in an aquarium is poor filtration of the reservoir. It should be well thought out system of purification, and this should be done quickly, until the young fish and did not have time to get used to a new house. A bad filter does not allow bits of dirt, feces, food debris, provoking the formation of decomposition products. Such rotten water constantly stinks and can cause diseases.
Watch a video about filtering water in an aquarium.
Why still water quickly becomes cloudy? If it has become an unpleasant green color, dimmed in a short time - it means that microscopic blue-green algae develop in it, which lead to the flowering of the reservoir. With good development of organic and strong light, they make themselves felt on the fifth day. When the light is not enough, cyanobacteria will acquire a brown color and begin to rot. Green color of the liquid with muddy, unpleasant smell - signs of growth of blue-green algae.
Aquarium water turbidity: action
If frequent water changes, the growth of bacteria and algae provoked the appearance of muddy water in the aquarium, some steps should be taken to eliminate the problem.
- If your aquarium is overpopulated, place the fish in different tanks, where they would be comfortable and spacious.
- If there is an excess of light, shade the aquarium by setting it in a secluded corner where strong lighting does not go.
- If the water becomes cloudy the next day after the first feeding, make a bottom siphon and feed the fish in small portions.
- Settle snails and fish in an aquarium that eat leftover food, clean glass and water in a tank. After a few days, the water will become free of dirt, and will not require additional replacement.
Wrong settlement of fish as a cause of rapid turbidity of water
Why 2-3 days after the settlement of fish water became muddy? The fact is that for every one liter of water in the tank it is required to settle only one medium fish. If you run more pets, there will be problems with the pollution of the "house". Some fish plow the ground, and if there are many such individuals, it will turn into an underwater hurricane. Immediately move the fish in different aquariums, provide enough space for them. It is also important that they have enough oxygen, shelters and plants. In poor water oxygen to the fish can get sick.
In the aquarium with proper care and the right equipment, the water on the second day will not deteriorate. After running the fish, make sure that it adapts to the new environment. For 3 liters of water it is necessary to settle the fish size of 3-5 cm.
If the water is cloudy, you can use drugs that purify water from turbidity and dirt. After using them, water changes in the aquarium are not required for a few more days.They connect all the small particles that spoil the water until they fall into the filter. The next day, the entire bacterial cloud, small algae settle on the filter sponge, after which they can be removed.
These are the drugs: JBL Clearol, JBL Clynol, Seachem Clarity, Sera Aquaria Clear.
Watch a video about water changes.
How to change the aquarium water?
Full replacement of water is required only in the rarest cases, for example, with general quarantine or water poisoning. Why not do this procedure often? Because the day after the complete substitution, you will notice how the water turned cloudy again. A significant loss of its volume is stress for all inhabitants of the reservoir. Even during the death of some fish do not replace the water. But there are a number of recommendations, after studying which it is possible to understand why substitutions are necessary.
- Substitutions are necessary after the introduction of pathogenic microorganisms;
- Replacements are required after visible flowering of the reservoir;
- Urgent water changes are necessary when a fungal mucus is detected;
- Renew water is required due to severe soil contamination.
You can add water to the tank as it evaporates, but not more than 20-30% of the total volume. It is best to update 1/5 of the aquarium once a week. After the procedure, the biocenosis will recover in 2 days. With the replacement of water cleaned the glass from plaque, remove debris from the bottom, clean snags and decorations.
It is better to plan a water change for both small and large reservoirs in advance. Type in a glass tank water from the tap, and leave it for a few days, covered with gauze. Chlorine and gas will evaporate, the liquid will be safe for fish. And it should be remembered that in the first week of operation of the aquarium the water is not changed until an ecosystem is formed in it.
Good day. water foams in the aquarium.
The foam will immediately disappear if you put an active absorber in the filter, for example, activated carbon. Foam is an indicator of a large amount of organic matter. Reduce the diet of fish and leave the aquarium alone, balance will improve - there will be no foam.
water should be poured out of the settled water, there are still a lot of antiviral drops that drip before you let the fish. the filter can be turned on, let the water run out. somics nothing to do with. still so that the water does not bloom need good lighting
The reason for such questions is the wrong start of the aquarium ... it was not enough just to overdo the water for a week ... you did not enrich it, because the filter was turned off ... and boiling only made the situation worse ...
in order to get an intelligent answer to your question - you need to ask the question correctly ... the volume of the aquarium ?? ? his age ?? ? quantity and fraction of soil ?? ? number (by species separately) of fish, mollusks and other hydrobionts ?? ? quantity (and by types) of live plants ?? ? Or you only have plastic ?? What is the cost of lighting (the number and power of the lamps, the length of daylight hours) ?? ? mode of substitution of water and siphon bottom ?? ? mode of feeding fish and what feed ???. heh ... and you can still find out a lot before giving a comprehensive answer and correct recommendations ...
questions remained (or rather a bunch of new ones appeared)))) ??? contact the aquarium community "Aquarium at Home" //my.mail.ru/community/akva-xobbi here will always help and prompt
Why don't you turn on the filter? ! He must work necessarily. So that the water does not foam, it is necessary to siphon the soil, cleaning it from the remnants of food and decomposing plant residues. Try to salt the water at the rate of 1 gram per liter of water. Salt inhibits the growth of microorganisms. In the filter, as a filler, put activated carbon (tablets), in combination with other materials. Maybe you have strong lighting. Reduce lamp power. You may get direct sunlight in your watercolor - cut them off with a thick curtain or a screen made of dark paper or cloth. In a couple of weeks, everything should get better. Good luck.
The first reason is the wrong start of the aquarium.
He has to prepare for the launch for a month, turn on the filter, the water heater and let the equipment work for a week. After a week, plant the plants and leave the aquarium alone for another 2 weeks, during which time the plants will get sick and start living their lives, a colony of beneficial bacteria will settle on the filtering material and it will become biologically active, which is useful for plants and fish. The soil should be cleaned with live plants no more than 1 time per month. Feed the fish with high quality feed
(frozen daphnia, bloodworm), dry only as an additive. From dry food strongly spoil the water. Fish should be fed adults 1 time per day. adolescents 2 times a day, ensuring that food was eaten in 2-3 minutes. One day do not feed the fish.
Fish after the installation of a new aquarium run no earlier than one month.
Foam appeared in the aquarium
The appearance of foam on the surface of the water is usually not dangerous, and does not have any further consequences. Water after some time should come to normal.
Water can foam from lack of oxygen ... To correct this problem, it is enough to install an aerator or compressor in the aquarium that will constantly saturate the water with oxygen.
I can not get water from Friday to Monday, because the pipes in the pipes are used to clean the water and all the chemicals are coming from the tap.
Try to pour water into 2-3 5-liter flasks and let it stand for 2 days. Then clean the filter again. Try to collect any dirt from the bottom with a hose and change the water with these 15 liters, turn on the filter, let it work day and night without light and look.
If it does not help in pet stores sold liquid for water purification.
I use it when buying new fish.
Good luck :)
Foam in water is formed due to the presence of surfactants (surfactants). Often, surfactants occur as a result of the breakdown of proteins (overfeeding), but in your case, the presence of bacteria is due to the process of vital activity of bacteria at the initial stage. Just wait, everything will be "fixed" soon.
Why "foam" the water in a new aquarium It seems everything was done, as they explained to us in the store
- sand (pebbles and other prdmety, up to the compressor’s chillers) should be boiled
- water should be settled (three days in a neutral container - glass jars), at the same time there is water in the aquarium, which we then pour out
- Potm plant algae (if possible, although a liter of water from a normal aquarium, with friends, for example, but not from sellers)
- three snail days later
- only if after three or four days after the water snails behaves “incorrectly” we begin to think where did the “contagion” come from (aquarium, water, algae, snails). maybe it makes sense to buy drinking water at the grocery store or choose another pet shop.
if something and this list is missed in the store - IMHO, a great reason to follow the store
It seems that the necessary bacteria did not have time to start (you need to pour water from the old aquarium over time. It will pass with time.) To speed up the purification process, you can buy special cultures (Sera)
I have foam in the aquarium appeared in the aquarium, what to do?
Why does foam form in the aquarium and how to fight it?
The cause of the appearance of foam on the surface of the water in the aquarium is blue-green algae. In small quantities, they only lead to the appearance of islands of microscopic film thickness and invisible to the eye. With a large accumulation of their colonies already form a foamy mass.
Physically, they can be removed only by completely replacing the water in the aquarium, boiling the soil and disinfecting all the plants, which is unacceptable in most cases. It is better to use special filters based on activated carbon and maintain cleanliness in the aquarium, reducing the amount of fertilizer and cleaning the soil from time to time. Alas, herbivorous fish blue-green algae do not eat.
How to care for a cockerel fish and what to do if the water in the aquarium has become muddy
My mistresses have been living for several years now, as I liked them right away, and so remained. Now for them I have a 20-liter aquarium, it has one male and four females. The aquarium is equipped with a filter, with aeration, the flow created by the filter should not be powerful, because cockerels do not like currents, prefer more stagnant water, so the filter should work on such power just to clean the water. In addition to cockerels in the aquarium, it is desirable to have a catfish-sucker, which will clean the glass. Personally, I live there, a small pterigoplicht-nedorostok. for some reason he does not grow, all of his comrades have grown up long ago and live in large aquariums, and they all drove away, so he now found shelter in this quiet 20-liter aquarium. They clean the pterihi perfectly, the glass is perfectly clean, so you don’t need to clean them further. In the aquarium there are many living plants - cryptocoryne, lyudwigia, lemongrass, arrowhead. The males love thickets, and it is convenient for the females to hide from the courtship of the male rooster when it becomes too intrusive. There are a couple of small caves for shelter. They eat cockerels slowly, calmly, feed them with ice-cream moth, cilope and special food for the labyrinth firms Tetra. The fishes are bright, mobile. The food is strewed on a small pinch so that the cockerels eat it for 5-8 minutes. I feed twice a day. Water changes about once every 10 days 3 liters. The water is clean, clear.
Thus, the aquarium has existed by itself for a long time. My functions are reduced to the fact that I only occasionally change the water and feed all the fish.
prepare the water. at least 4 days should be allowed to stand (supplements usually do not help). then clean the aquarium completely, warm the water in the bath (do not forget to close the water container) and pour it into the aquarium ... but not quickly. otherwise dirt from the ground will rise. Then you can run the fish. and it is not necessary to wait for the complete filling of the aquarium. but you always need to have water prozapas, if you keep fish.
and do not use domestic feed. maximum - daphnia, etc. The rest of the crap only muddies the water
The cockerel is one of the most beautiful and most loved aquarists fish. A rounded, somewhat elongated body in aquariums reaches a length of 6 centimeters.
In the so-called veil fighting fishes common in Moscow, the dorsal, caudal, and especially anal fins are greatly expanded and elongated, reaching very large males. Pelvic fins elongated, filiform.
The color of the cockerels is different: blue, green, red or red and blue, red and green, blue and green, red and steel ...
Fight fish can be kept in a vessel with all the indoor fish described above. For a pair of cockerels enough aquarium of 4 - 6 liters. Densely planting it with plants, letting a little Riccia to the surface of the water, saying that it’s interesting to observe the interesting spawning of fighting fish
It can be kept in the general aquarium, but not with fish with veil fins, since cockerels can bite them off.
Males are very aggressive towards each other and a fight usually ends with the death of one of them. You can keep in a very large aquarium with dense thickets of plants of co-grown males, but even then dangling fins cannot be avoided as a result of skirmishes over the territory. It is better to have 1 male with several females, worse than a pair, since the male will constantly pursue a female not ready for spawning.
The aquarium should be closed from the top, because the male sometimes jumps out of the water. The male builds a nest of foam. Spawning is better to plant at the age of 6-12 months. Up to 600 eggs.
Sexual maturity at 3-5 months. Crossed with betta and black.
What to do if the water in the aquarium is cloudy or has an uncharacteristic color
My cock was 4 years old. At first there was a terrible bully, now he calmed down, stronger brothers appeared in the aquarium ...)
I feed dry food + microscopic pieces of stuffing.
If turbidity does not pass - restart the aquarium.