Why does the water in the aquarium smell like a swamp?
With the help of an aquarium your home will be filled with beauty, comfort and warmth of exotic reservoirs. Aquarium is a great place to observe beautiful fish and calm meditation. However, a damaged tank can ruin both your mood and the health of its inhabitants. Sometimes the water goes out and it stinks like a swamp. Muddy water spoils the impression, and makes the nursery unfit for further use. The problem requires an immediate solution, which involves finding out the cause and its immediate elimination.
If the water in the aquarium began to spawn - the reasons
The main reasons why the water from the aquarium smells unpleasant, are indicated below:
- Irregular cleaning of the tank or poor cleaning (filtration);
- Improper aeration, due to which the water is not saturated with sufficient oxygen;
- Unsuitable aquarium plants;
- Nursery overpopulation - little water is allocated to one adult animal;
- Overfeeding fish, reptiles or amphibians;
- Feeding pets low-quality food;
- The sudden death of the inhabitants of the reservoir, the body goes dead and decomposes;
- The appearance of sludge in the soil and water.
Muddy water that smells like a swamp - what to do?
If the aquarium fluid has become rotten, which has strongly started to smell, and even smells like a swamp, it is possible to establish the causes of the imbalance of the aquatic environment through practice and observation. In the course of the research, it will be possible to determine the method by which turbid water, which goes dead and smells unpleasant, will be neutralized. To solve the problem should be phased actions.
- Decide whether you chose the right fish food. To do this, change the water, buy another, better food and test it in a few days. After a day, a turbid liquid that smells like a swamp has disappeared and is clean, odorless, which means the cause of the problem was unsuitable food. In the case where the action did not lead to a result, other reasons should be sought.
- It so happens that you feed the fish and other animals with high-quality feed, but the aquatic environment is still muddy and "gives" the swamp. Probably, you overfeed the inhabitants of the nursery, and they do not have time to eat all the granules. Not all fish eat a lot, so arrange unloading diets for them and add less feed to the water. After a few days, smell the tank - if the unpleasant smell has disappeared. If yes, then you have found the reason. The uneaten food is mixed with the soil, decomposing.
Watch a video on how to feed the fish properly.
- If you are a beginner aquarist and for the first time launched an aquarium, due to lack of experience you could create the wrong neighborhood in the nursery. It turns out that not all types of fish, snails, amphibians and reptiles get along together. Some will disturb others, and because of close space, someone will fall ill and die, quietly sinking to the bottom. Due to severe stress, insufficient shelters and swimming places, the inhabitants of the reservoir excrete feces with a characteristic aroma. After a day or two, muddy water will appear with a stench. What to do - get a spacious tank, pour water into it with suitable parameters, and populate compatible pets there. Or buy two aquariums at once, if many species are incompatible within the same space. Also carefully inspect the bottom - maybe one of the fish died, and the body is still not removed.
- Wrong decorations can "decorate" the aquarium with an unpleasant smell. This is not a perfume, but a living growth, it has its own life. In this case, contact a specialist (a seller in a store or a botanist), and ask whether the purchased plant is able to secrete flavored vapors. Specify the size of the tank capacity, type of soil and water parameters. Replant the plant in the right environment - it may need a larger or smaller aquarium.
- When the fish behave excessively actively, they try to lie to the bottom - the reason for the incorrect supply of oxygen, impaired work of aeration. To fix the equipment, you must:
- install a compressor with high power;
- replace the filter with a new one, with a forced circulation system;
- Ask a specialist how to adjust the oxygen supply to an acceptable level.
See how to replace the water and clean the soil in the aquarium.
In the aquarium, the liquid is rotting and the marsh stinks - how to clean the water?
Did you find out why the aquarium stinks, but you are not exactly sure what to do? Proper cleaning of the fish nursery is your main assistant! When all the above tips have not led to the expected result, you will have to make a new plan to save the reservoir and its inhabitants. It consists in the correct cleaning of the container from harmful impurities and parasites, which are the main causes of an unpleasant smell. Before capital cleaning prepare such tools:
- at least 5-10 liter jars with infused water of appropriate parameters for the temporary settlement of fish;
- net, scraper and sponge;
- big bucket;
- special liquid to remove contamination from aquarium glass (available in stores);
- aquarium pump;
- pH adjuster.
Remove all animals from the nursery with a net by placing them in a jar of water. Disconnect the tank from the supply of current, light, turn off the filter and aerator. Rinse and clean the sponge. Use a scraper and a sponge to clean the windows, removing plaque, algae and other droppings from them. Take the pump, lower one end into the bucket, the second into the tank with dirty water, then pump out from 20 to 50% of all the water, depending on when it was last changed. Put gauze on the pump, and run it along the bottom of the ground, the air will make the bottom siphon. After cleaning, remove all decorations.
The scenery should be pulled out and processed, leaving them in a separate container with a little salted water (1 teaspoon per 20 liters) or scalding them with boiling water. If plaque forms on them, scrape it with an unnecessary toothbrush or gauze. After processing, place the decorations on a clean cloth to dry, then reinstall in the aquarium.
Pour into the aquarium a new, clean water of the same parameters that fish and plants used to (temperature, pH, hardness). Infused water should be three days for chlorine to evaporate from it. Polish the outer glass of the tank (liquid for aquarium glass), and then reconnect all the devices. After the procedure, gradually run the fish. Cleaning can be done in a few hours, the main thing - to adhere to accuracy.
Experienced breeders strongly advise settling in the nursery of the “orderlies” of the reservoir - freshwater snails, speckled catfish, mollies, antsistrusov, gyrinoheyls, labo, Japanese pond shrimps. The fishes living in the lower layers do an excellent job with the uneaten food that fell to the bottom, the snails eat carrion, and the shrimps and other fish mentioned above do an excellent job with algae. When settling, you should consider compatibility with each other, then your aquarium will resemble a natural biotope, with crystal clear water and beautiful living creatures.
Why does water smell in an aquarium?
Unpleasant smell from the aquarium - the problem of many fish owners. Basically, beginner aquarists suffer from this. As a result, the fish get sick and die, the aquarium deteriorates, and in the apartment there is a disgusting smell of rotten water.
In order to avoid these sad consequences, you need to monitor the condition of the water, and in case of an unpleasant smell, find the cause and eliminate it.
The first cause of smell is water spoilage from time to time. Aquarium should be periodically cleaned, change the water, wash the soil and plants. The smaller the volume, the more frequently the water should be renewed.
The second reason why the water in the aquarium smells is food. Poor quality food leads to the deterioration of water. Therefore, when a rapid odor is detected, you should try to buy food elsewhere or purchase other types of food for fish.
If, after changing the feed, the water still continues to quickly grow turbid and smell, then it is worth reducing the amount of food. After all, as you know, it is better not to feed, than to feed the aquatic inhabitants. Excess feed settles to the bottom and causes microorganisms to appear, which spread the smell.
The next reason is overpopulation of the aquarium. This is a problem for beginners who want to place various kinds of fish in a small container, and then begin to wonder why the aquarium smells. Each fish needs its own space, which it loses with the appearance of new inhabitants. In addition, every living thing releases feces, which leads to water pollution.
The reason for the smell of water can be some types of plants. This point should be clarified when buying in the store. Certain herbs are able to release a certain amount of a substance that causes water to rot. It happens in small aquariums. In containers, however, large volumes of grass exposure are not noticeable.
The lack of oxygen in the water also leads to odor. Therefore it is worth buying a special compressor or filter with air circulation function. A sufficient amount of oxygen in the water will keep it clean for a long time.
Why is there an unpleasant smell coming from the aquarium?
Let's talk about the unpleasant smell from the aquarium
In general, a light rotten smell from the aquarium is acceptable. The aquarium is not sterile, millions of organisms live in it - this is a whole microcosm, so the reservoir a priori cannot smell "alpine freshness."
But sometimes it happens that the aquarium and really begins to emit a stench. The reasons for this are different:
- Excess residue of food, PJ and dead organic matter;
- Incorrect or insufficient filtration and aeration of water;
- Rotting dead fish;
- Prokisanie soil;
Measures to combat unpleasant aquatic odor obvious
- Check the aquarium for the presence of corpses. Count the fish, if someone is missing, carefully inspect the bottom of the aquarium, lift all the scenery, look at the intake of the filter. Found the poor guy remove the net.
- Rarely, but due to improper installation and lack of oxygen zones, the soil sours (rots). This primer is carefully siphoned or completely removed, replacing it with a new one.
- Further, some water is replaced. Aeration and filtration are intensified.
Additionally, to reduce the concentration of harmful substances, you can:
- Pour into the filter aquarium absorbent - aquarium coal;
- Apply hydrogen peroxide to saturate the water with oxygen and increase oxidation. Read more - aquarium aeration;
- Apply Tetra biocoryn - contains highly active enzymes and bacterial concentrates that disinfect water and accelerate the decomposition of organic substances, such as residues of food, plants, and waste products of fish. The special formula, which provides an immediate and durable result, contributes to the safe decomposition of waste and prevents further sedimentation. Unpleasant odors are removed from the water, the water becomes clear and clean.
Causes of water turbidity and how to deal with it
Muddy water in an aquarium is a common phenomenon that almost every aquarist has encountered. Sometimes the causes of the problem are found quickly, and sometimes it takes a long time to figure out why the water has become cloudy. How to deal with the formation of turbidity, what is recommended to do and what is not?
When does water appear in the water?
The causes of muddy water in an aquarium can be varied, and it is not as easy to deal with them as it seems at first glance.
- Turbidity can occur due to swimming in the pond of small particles of algae, solid organics and cyanobacteria. There is another unobtrusive reason - poor washing of the aquarium soil and inaccurate pouring water from a clean tank. This type of turbidity does not threaten the water and the fish, you can do nothing with it. After some time, the muddy part of the water will settle, or seep into the filter, remaining there. The formation of turbidity can provoke fish who love to plow the ground, but these actions for the reservoir are completely harmless.
- Turbid water in an aquarium can be caused by cichlids, goldfish and tail finch fish - their active movement in a reservoir is the cause of the resulting turbidity. If a filter is not installed in the tank, it will be difficult to clean the water.
- Often, muddy water appears after the first start of the aquarium, after the fresh water inlet. Nothing to do, in a day or two the sediment will fall to the ground and disappear. The mistake of novice aquarists is a partial or complete renewal of water, which is considered a gross error. When adding new water to a newly launched aquarium, the bacteria will become even more! If the aquarium is small, you can install a sponge filter that quickly cleans the pond.
Watch the video about the device and the operation of the internal filter.
- Malicious bacteria in an aquarium can also be causes of turbidity. When the water becomes green, then it's time to draw conclusions - this is an unnatural color. Muddy and green water is formed due to overcrowding of the aquarium with fish or plants. That is, the aquarium fluid passes through the filter, but is not cleaned. The abundance of metabolic products provokes the formation of putrefactive microorganisms, ciliates and other unicellular. If ciliates are beneficial, the bacteria can harm the plants - they will start to rot. In order not to be surprised why fish and plants often get sick - watch the aquarium clean and tidy.
- Why still breed single-celled? Because you do not have time to clean the tank after heavy feeding. For aquarism it is better to underfeed than to feed. This rule will protect the fish from problems. After overfeeding again the water got cloudy - what to do? Arrange a pet unloading diet for a couple of days, the bacteria will die out, the water biobalance will be restored.
- Incorrectly installed decoration. Snags, plastic materials of poor quality dissolve in water, forming a muddy shade. If the scenery is new wooden, but untreated - they can be boiled or infused in salt solution. Plastic snags should be replaced by new ones.
- In the old, stagnant nursery with fish sediment is formed due to "whiteness after fish treatment", this is when drugs and purification chemistry for aquarium glass were used in the pond. Such substances have a number of side effects, they disrupt the biological equilibrium, neutralizing the favorable microflora.
How to overcome turbidity in water?
Now we know the reasons why the water grows cloudy in the aquarium, and what to do in each case. However, there are general rules, without which it is impossible to completely eliminate the problem.
- Siphonte the soil in the aquarium. Open the filter, rinse and clean. Then add activated carbon to it - this needs to be done to absorb harmful substances. It is forbidden to make a complete replacement of water and washing the aquarium soil, otherwise the beneficial bacteria will die out and will not be able to process rot and algae.
See how to siphon the soil in the aquarium.
- In some cases, it is necessary to do an intensive aeration of the aquarium - when there are a lot of fish feed residues and a fasting day is not enough. Oxygen will quickly remove excess organics.
- If an unpleasant smell disappears in an aquarium, it means that the struggle with mist is over successfully. Also for elimination of bacterial turbidity it is possible to use elodeya, having landed it superficially in a ground.
Dregs in the water: types
The color of turbidity will tell about the sources of its formation:
- The water color is greenish - single-celled algae reproduce;
- Brown water - peat, humic and tannins, poorly processed snags;
- Milky white color - unicellular bacteria begin to multiply;
- The color of the water coincides with the color of the soil or of a stone recently laid on it, which means that the soil was plowed by fish, or the stone turned out to be weak.
Drugs that prevent the appearance of turbid sediment
- Aquarium coal is absorbent, which is added after cleaning the tank to the filter for a period of 2 weeks. After extraction, you can fill in a new batch there.
- Tetra Aqua CrystalWater is a tool that binds small particles of dirt into one, after which they can be removed or passed through a filter. After 8-12 hours the reservoir will be crystal clear. Dosage - 100 ml per 200 liters of water.
- Sera Aquaria Clear - also binds sediment particles, passing it through the filter. During the day, dirt can be removed from the cassette. The drug does not contain harmful substances.
- Before adding sorbents to water, it is better to move the fish to another container.
In order to avoid turbid water, it is necessary to control the level of nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. They stand out as a result of the vital activity of fish, plants and improper care of the water body. Therefore, fish should be settled in the tank, the size of which corresponds to its volume. Proper feeding of pets, timely cleaning of the products of their vital activity, removal of rotten plants will settle the water balance. If there is no mechanical or biological filter in the aquarium, replace 30% of the water weekly with fresh and sedimented. Не добавляйте воду из водопровода с запахом хлора или кипяченую.
Посмотрите также: Какую воду наливать в аквариум с рыбками?
Почему пенится вода и нужно ли что-то делать
Некоторые разводчики декоративных рыбок и других водных питомцев периодически сталкивались с проблемой загрязнения и образования пены в аквариуме. Существует несколько факторов, которые влияют на показатели воды: одни связаны со сроком эксплуатации резервуара, другие - с частотой ухода и обслуживания, третьи - с внешними факторами. If water foams in the home aquarium - what are the causes of this phenomenon, and how to clean the liquid?
Water clarifiers with the effect of water purification
The first step in eliminating any water contamination is finding the best way to remove dirt. There are many chemicals that partially purify water, but they only hide the "symptoms" that are solved by proper care of the tank.
Chemical granules remove superficial contamination, while water can be cleaned on its own within a few hours, otherwise artificial purification will not affect the water indicators at all. Aquarists who have problems with frothy water use these preparations for water. As a result, the water foams even more, acquiring a milky white shade.
Why does water foaming and bubbling in new aquariums
When you first launched a new aquarium, it begins a new cycle, so the biological components of the filter are ready to eliminate fish waste. Clear or "milky" water may be the result of such a process, but usually it appears at the end of this cycle. If the fish tank is only a few weeks old, or it only works for a couple of days, the water can also foam and bubble.
Bubbles are formed both on the surface of the water and in the middle layers. It can bubble when the aquarium is just started, and ammonia, nitrates have not eroded from the water, or during the first aeration of water. Unfortunately, the only way to remove bubbles on the surface is to be patient. When the cycle is completed, the foaminess will disappear by itself, the water will again become crystal clear. Otherwise, additional measures will have to be taken.
See how to clean the aquarium filter.
If there is no fish in the aquarium, but water foams on the surface
- If the tank is new and the fish have not been settled in it (the new cycle has not started), then white or gray foam may arise due to the presence of untreated snags or other decorations in it that should be washed with cool running water before introducing it into the aquarium.
- When installing an unwashed filter, its contaminated mechanical elements may trash debris causing foam. The filter is recommended to disassemble, rinse.
- It is possible that some object that is used as decoration in the aquarium, dissolved in water, or otherwise it is not safe for the aquarium. It can produce any foam color, although gray or milky white is the most common. The item must be removed, it is also recommended to change the water.
- Buy aquarium decorations in proven pet stores. Carefully check the rocks, grottoes, caves and coconuts before installing in the tank. If, after treatment with running water, they change shape, melt, become soft - this is a bad signal. It means that there are weak spots in them, it is better not to place them in the water.
- Make sure that the decorations are not painted, that the paint does not peel off, or discolor. If there is salted water in the aquarium, or it is reefy (for African cichlids), it is recommended to remove coral skeletons or seashells from it, which can increase the level of pH and water hardness. After removing the harmful elements, the frothy water should go off, the water parameters will return to normal. Additional pond filtration will also help.
Watch a video on how to care for an aquarium.
What else provokes the formation of foam in the aquarium
- Chemicals (medicine for fish and fertilizer for plants) can react with organic substances, creating a frothy “cloud” on the surface of the water. To prevent this, minimize the use of chemicals and additives in water. Before adding drugs to the general aquarium, test it in a separate container with water to get an idea of the consequences. The problem will fix the change of water and filtering.
- Irregular renewal of water to fresh and clean provokes foaming of the surface. Garbage, waste in the form of under-fed food, scales accumulate and begin to either float or dissolve. Cyanobacteria can also bloom, causing cloudy water. Again, update 10-20% of the water weekly.
- Frequent water changes are also not always appropriate. Permanent procedures (2-3 times a week) cause turbidity of water, and the bacteria that provide biological filtration simply disappear before they can recover. Regular, portioned water changes will help keep the nursery clean, fresh and healthy.
- Abundant feeding of fish, amphibians and reptiles also leads to pollution of the aquatic environment. Feed portions. The stomachs of animals are not so big as to consume feed bags. They have enough feed for two minutes.
- Overcrowding in the nursery also adversely affects water quality. A large number of fish do not get along with each other, are under constant stress, which impairs their appearance and shortens their life. In addition, it provokes the growth of algae, additional maintenance, as a result - the formation of foam on the surface. It is possible to settle 1 small fish per 10 liters of water, 20-30 liters - one big fish, which will reduce the amount of foam in the water.
- If the aquarium is not sufficiently filtered, or a poor-quality filter is installed that is not properly maintained, the water will not be effectively treated. In addition, it will not be cleansed of impurities of organic matter, algae, cyanobacteria and foam may appear later. Regular testing of the filter and its design can detect the cause of the problem by preventing it.
See also: Why does the water grow turbid in the aquarium?
The water in the aquarium smells, changed, anyway. what to do
Formed stagnant zones in aqua, in them as a result of rotting hydrogen sulfide is formed. This is a consequence, and the reasons may be as follows: the filter does not work correctly (it could clog, either shut off, or in an aquarium there is such a zone where the filter flow simply cannot get into); excess of organic matter with which the filter is not corrected (banal overfeeding, large overpopulation); lack of oxygen in the water with overcrowding. Siphonify the bottom, add 10 parts of fresh water, rinse the filter after 3 hours. Not until not after this fish do not feed. At the same time, aeration of water in the aquarium is necessary. On the next day, replace 1/3 of the water in the water, do not feed the fish. On the third day, do not feed the fish, conduct a gentle washing of the filter element in the aquarium water, do not feed the fish. If we carry out all these procedures consistently, then by the end of the week the situation will stabilize;
Try to wash the inside of the aquarium. Look on the Internet how to properly care for the aquarium.
Personally, I read this article here, look can help.
Throw out dead fish from the aquarium ... then populate the new ones, alive and the smell will disappear on the 3rd day ... Joke! ))))))))))) The stronger the illumination of the aquarium, the faster the microorganisms multiply in it and, accordingly, the mold appears faster on the walls of the aquarium, which can cause odor. for a good wall cleaning, filter, and change the water. where is one third, no longer necessary, can adversely affect the fish. Best of all, the water would stand and stand for a couple of days, for 2 days at the bottom of the dishes where the water stood there will be a thin layer of sediment from water - harmful impurities and metals will remain on the dishes, not in the aquarium ... not least, Successes in this difficult and interesting business!
You cannot completely change the water in the aquarium; you can only replace part of the water with a thorough bottom siphon with fresh water that is not less than 2 to 3 days old. Now it is necessary to carefully siphon the soil of the aquarium with a special siphon and take it as a rule to carry out such an operation 1 time in 7–10 days. It is necessary to feed the fish once a day with 1 day of a mandatory hunger strike,. their feed should be completely eaten in 2 to 5 minutes without residue. Eaten food decomposing in the ground gives turbidity and unpleasant odor.
Why is the water in the aquarium muddy and stinks?
In general, there are a lot of reasons why water will deteriorate ... Improper lighting too much food is thrown into the water by the absence of filters in an aquarium, bacteria, etc.
For the night, the aquarium should be well treated first, then cleaned with boiled salted boiling water, the whole grund is boiled well in salt water, the algae should be examined if they are not bright green, not damaged, see if they are black dots if there is easier to throw out and buy New to heal, knowledge is needed, and you, I assume, are new to this, fish should be fed no more than once every 3 days and the food that you feed should be eaten in a minute and not set on the bottom of the aquarium and rot ...
after treatment, water must be poured at least 24 hours in the distance ... at least ...
Go to the pet store buy AKUTAN, this is a blue liquid, add it to the water at the rate of a cap of 10 liters ... and then run the fish for 3 days, the water will have a slightly white turbid but within 3 days it will change ... and the aquarium should stand in a dark place but have a good daylight lamp ... and do not forget about the number of fish at the rate of 1 fish 3-5 liters of water Ie per 10 liters of water no more than 2-3 fish of average size ... if possible, there should be a filter pump water should circulate and clean constantly good Other filters have cells for adding coal to ceramics. Well, they will tell you about this at the pet store, and so good luck, and if you ask anything ...
Apparently, either pour water not previously defended, or algae are bred there.
With algae can fight. There are water snails that devour them.
And be sure to plant a water in the water - a crochet - sold in the market. A plant that protects water from "dirt."
Perhaps the filter does not work well or something got started there that it is difficult to remove it just by changing the water. It can be algae (small ones at all) and then you need to buy in the pet store a means to combat such algae. Or just try again not just to change the water, but even boil the soil and boil over everything that you have installed in the aquarium
damn, well, what are you ?? ? Why change the water then ?? ? it is so necessary! You see, you probably planted the plants there, so from the plants of day 2, the water must grow cloudy, and then everything will pass !! ! and do not change the water so often !!!! it is generally very rarely changed, and the fish will die then ... everything is fine with your aquarium
maybe you have a lot of fish and the aquarium is small. 1 liter of water 1 fish about. Try boiling pebbles all, maybe there are bacteria that bred and multiply very good. quickly, water poured into the aquarium. but in general, the smaller the aquarium, the more worries with it !! ! It very often needs to be washed. but if it becomes cloudy in one day, then you need to look for the cause, and the fish do not die ???
* N *
In the aquarium, fish need oxygen, a water filter, and even the water does not like a lot of light (it starts to bloom).
If there are pebbles and shells, they should be boiled, water should be boiled and water should be poured and boiled again for 2 hours, the aquarium should be washed with soda, the plants should be washed thoroughly. Before you pour water into the aquarium, you need to defend the water for 3 days, then pour it into the aquarium, then put oxygen into the water and after 20 minutes you can let the fish.
The tank should be at least 25 liters. Otherwise, it will not be an aquarium, but crap! There necessarily need a filter and pump (bubbles). Sunlight should not be on the aquarium. Fish should be fed 2-3 times a day in small portions. Water changes no more than 30% at a time. Immediately start the fish can not be! It is necessary to first establish a biobalance. (about 4-5 days). Generally dig a good internet! You probably first have fish, then an aquarium, then plants, and then food. all the way around!
Why does the water in the aquarium stink?
If you wash on a regular basis, then there will probably be something with an aquarium, it will be different, maybe an aquarium for a very long time, or maybe something else ... I also have an aquarium, but although it is not regular, the water does not stink, ,
if the water becomes cloudy and begins to smell bad, then there is a lot of organic matter in the water, or rather an blood-sucking infusoria. you are apparently overfeeding fish. Do not completely change the water in the aquarium. This is a very strong blow to the health of the fish. You completely destroy the eco system. If you are interested in my message, write in a personal detail of how to deal with this.
Water is not changed, but is replaced, combining with the ground siphon, then pour fresh water. Do not need to boil the primer ... Balance the nutrition of fish, do not pour it without measure. The golden rule, it is better not to feed than to feed! Looks like busting food. The remains of it decompose and rot. It is necessary to get an ampoule, they will eat up food. But with food more careful.
The aquarium smells rotten — why ??
1. For algae, first of all you need good lighting (you can buy a special lamp, or you can put 2 lamps with white and yellow light), you can buy a special liquid top dressing + for them, as for living organisms in poor lighting you need oxygen
2. Change the water in parts - 1/5 part per week
3. From the tap, of course, you can, but depending on how much volume - in my 300-liter straight I fill it with a hose and defend it in a small one
4. It is better to clean shallow soil, if it is laid out unevenly at the bottom, a bjaka will be collected in the “pits” and you can easily remove all dirt with a siphon
Water is desirable to defend. You need a water filter, it is not expensive and you can find it in any store with pet products. Water is desirable to change 2 times a week. A fine soil can be simply rinsed in a bucket and preferably dried. When the algae starts to die it will become noticeable due to their changes. Good luck!