Why does the water quickly grow turbid?
Muddy water in an aquarium with fish is perhaps the most common problem that concerns both beginners and experienced aquarists. Through trial and error, we have to figure out why muddy water appeared so quickly. The causes of this phenomenon can be different, ranging from a bacterial outbreak, improper feeding and irregular water renewal. A number of factors may also be the source of this problem. When the elimination or elimination of the causative agent of water turbidity in an aquarium occurs quickly, then the biological balance in the water is fully restored.
Sometimes this trouble provokes the death of fish, plants and invisible microorganisms. The first thing to do is to find out why the water becomes cloudy quickly. The second is to gradually eliminate the shortcomings.
Causes of Aquarium Water Turbidity
Why is the aquarium water quickly dimmed if the tank is equipped with a filter? The main problem is that on the very first day of the launch of the aquarium there is no holistic and permanent biological environment. The so-called "bacterial explosion" is caused by an active increase in the number of unicellular microorganisms that are constantly multiplying. In this case, the fish should not be settled, it is better to do it on another day. When microflora equilibrates in the tank, then the water will become crystal clear. Nothing serious needs to be done - this sediment will pass by itself. If you decide to change the water - it will again become muddy and unfit for life.
For 4-7 days the aquatic environment is fully restored, you can run plants and fish into it. To speed up the process, you can add water after the old aquarium with "residential" water.
Another common problem with the rapid turbidity of water in an aquarium is poor filtration of the reservoir. It should be well thought out system of purification, and this should be done quickly, until the young fish and did not have time to get used to a new house. A bad filter does not allow bits of dirt, feces, food debris, provoking the formation of decomposition products. Such rotten water constantly stinks and can cause diseases.
Watch a video about filtering water in an aquarium.
Why still water quickly becomes cloudy? If it has become an unpleasant green color, dimmed in a short time - it means that microscopic blue-green algae develop in it, which lead to the flowering of the reservoir. With good development of organic and strong light, they make themselves felt on the fifth day. When the light is not enough, cyanobacteria will acquire a brown color and begin to rot. Green color of the liquid with muddy, unpleasant smell - signs of growth of blue-green algae.
Aquarium water turbidity: action
If frequent water changes, the growth of bacteria and algae provoked the appearance of muddy water in the aquarium, some steps should be taken to eliminate the problem.
- If your aquarium is overpopulated, place the fish in different tanks, where they would be comfortable and spacious.
- If there is an excess of light, shade the aquarium by setting it in a secluded corner where strong lighting does not go.
- If the water becomes cloudy the next day after the first feeding, make a bottom siphon and feed the fish in small portions.
- Settle snails and fish in an aquarium that eat leftover food, clean glass and water in a tank. After a few days, the water will become free of dirt, and will not require additional replacement.
Wrong settlement of fish as a reason for the rapid turbidity of water
Why 2-3 days after the settlement of fish water became muddy? The fact is that for every one liter of water in the tank it is required to settle only one medium fish. If you run more pets, there will be problems with the pollution of the "house". Some fish plow the ground, and if there are many such individuals, it will turn into an underwater hurricane. Immediately move the fish in different aquariums, provide enough space for them. It is also important that they have enough oxygen, shelters and plants. In poor water oxygen to the fish can get sick.
In the aquarium with proper care and the right equipment, the water on the second day will not deteriorate. After running the fish, make sure that it adapts to the new environment. For 3 liters of water it is necessary to settle the fish size of 3-5 cm.
If the water is cloudy, you can use drugs that purify water from turbidity and dirt. After using them, water changes in the aquarium are not required for a few more days. They connect all the small particles that spoil the water until they fall into the filter. The next day, the entire bacterial cloud, small algae settle on the filter sponge, after which they can be removed.
These are the drugs: JBL Clearol, JBL Clynol, Seachem Clarity, Sera Aquaria Clear.
Watch a video about water changes.
How to change the aquarium water?
Full replacement of water is required only in the rarest cases, for example, with general quarantine or water poisoning. Why not do this procedure often? Because the day after the complete substitution, you will notice how the water turned cloudy again. A significant loss of its volume is stress for all inhabitants of the reservoir. Even during the death of some fish do not replace the water. But there are a number of recommendations, after studying which it is possible to understand why substitutions are necessary.
- Substitutions are necessary after the introduction of pathogenic microorganisms;
- Replacements are required after visible flowering of the reservoir;
- Urgent water changes are necessary when a fungal mucus is detected;
- Refresh water is required due to severe soil contamination.
You can add water to the tank as it evaporates, but not more than 20-30% of the total volume. It is best to update 1/5 of the aquarium once a week. After the procedure, the biocenosis will recover in 2 days. With the replacement of water cleaned the glass from plaque, remove debris from the bottom, clean snags and decorations.
It is better to plan a water change for both small and large reservoirs in advance. Type in a glass tank water from the tap, and leave it for a few days, covered with gauze. Chlorine and gas will evaporate, the liquid will be safe for fish. And it should be remembered that in the first week of operation of the aquarium the water is not changed until an ecosystem is formed in it.
Why does the water grow turbid in the aquarium?
Turbid water in the aquarium This is one of the most common problems that even experienced aquarists face. The reason for the violation of biological equilibrium can be a bacterial outbreak, improper feeding of fish, replacement of water in the aquarium and other factors. In some cases, it is enough to eliminate the cause, and after a few days the balance will be restored. But sometimes the turbidity of the water in the aquarium can lead to the death of fish and plants. In any case, first of all it is necessary to establish why water grows turbid or blooms in the aquarium. And, only on the basis of the causes of violations, will it be possible to take any action.
Why does the water grow turbid in the aquarium?
When starting the aquarium for several days, there is a bacterial outbreak caused by excessive multiplication of single-celled organisms. Therefore, it is not recommended to colonize the fish immediately after launch. It is necessary to wait until the balance is established and the water becomes transparent. At the same time, changing water is also not worth it. A change of water will only cause it to become cloudy again. Usually, fish are settled in 5-7 days, and in order to speed up the process of restoring biological balance, it is recommended to add water from an old aquarium.
Turbid water in the aquarium can be the result of overfeeding the fish. If the food is not eaten completely, and settles at the bottom, the water will quickly deteriorate.
Also, muddy water in the aquarium may indicate poor filtration. With a large number of fish, you need to think very well about the water purification system, otherwise very soon the fish will start poisoning with decay products, which can cause the death of the inhabitants of the aquarium.
Why is the water in the aquarium green?
The flowering of water is due to the rapid growth of microscopic algae. This may be caused by an excess of light or accumulation of organic matter at the bottom. With a lack of lighting algae begin to rot and turn brown. If the water in the aquarium is clouded and smells, then the cause may be the reproduction of blue-green algae.
What to do if in the aquarium muddy water?
First of all, of course, you need to eliminate the cause of turbidity. If the problem lies in overpopulation of the aquarium, then you need to either increase water filtration or reduce the number of fish. If at the bottom of accumulated remnants of food, you need to reduce portions, and you can also settle the bottom fish that eat food settled on the ground. When flowering you need to darken the aquarium, if there is an excess of lighting, or vice versa - to establish a more powerful lighting system with a lack of light. To prevent excessive algae growth, it is recommended to make fish or snails that eat excess vegetation. Also pay attention to the filtering system. The presence of good filters is a prerequisite for the maintenance of the aquarium and the preservation of biological equilibrium. Sometimes it is recommended to add special additives to the water, but most aquarists do not support this method of restoring balance. In any case, it is necessary to understand that the living water in an aquarium is the result of the interaction of many living beings, therefore, time and certain conditions are necessary to restore balance. Incorrect actions can lead to even greater disruption, so the main task is to create conditions for stabilizing the balance.
How often do I need to change the water in the aquarium?
Proper replacement of water in an aquarium plays an important role in maintaining balance. A common mistake is to replace too often or replace large amounts of water. With a small litrazh such errors can result in the death of the fish. Before you change the water in the aquarium, you need to check the water quality, acidity and temperature. With a large volume, it will take about 2 days to restore balance; with a small volume, water needs change very carefully. After the launch of the aquarium water can not be changed for 2-3 months, until equilibrium is established. Subsequently, every 15-30 days replace up to 1/5 of the total volume. With a good filtration system and a small amount of fish, water is changed less frequently and to a lesser extent. If you replace more than half of the water in the aquarium, then the whole formed environment, including fish, may die.
In order to avoid problems, it is worth taking care of the proper equipment, starting and settling the aquarium from the very beginning. If you follow all the rules, it will not be difficult to achieve and maintain biological balance, and caring for an aquarium will not cause problems.
Causes of water turbidity and how to deal with it
Muddy water in an aquarium is a common phenomenon that almost every aquarist has encountered. Sometimes the causes of the problem are found quickly, and sometimes it takes a long time to figure out why the water has become cloudy. How to deal with the formation of turbidity, what is recommended to do and what is not?
When does water appear in the water?
The causes of muddy water in an aquarium can be varied, and it is not as easy to deal with them as it seems at first glance.
- Turbidity can occur due to swimming in the pond of small particles of algae, solid organics and cyanobacteria. There is another unobtrusive reason - poor washing of the aquarium soil and inaccurate pouring water from a clean tank. This type of turbidity does not threaten the water and the fish, you can do nothing with it. After some time, the muddy part of the water will settle, or seep into the filter, remaining there. The formation of turbidity can provoke fish who love to plow the ground, but these actions for the reservoir are completely harmless.
- Turbid water in an aquarium can be caused by cichlids, goldfish and tail finch fish - their active movement in a reservoir is the cause of the resulting turbidity. If a filter is not installed in the tank, it will be difficult to clean the water.
- Often, muddy water appears after the first start of the aquarium, after the fresh water inlet. Nothing to do, in a day or two the sediment will fall to the ground and disappear. The mistake of novice aquarists is a partial or complete renewal of water, which is considered a gross error. When adding new water to a newly launched aquarium, the bacteria will become even more! If the aquarium is small, you can install a sponge filter that quickly cleans the pond.
Watch the video about the device and the operation of the internal filter.
- Malicious bacteria in an aquarium can also be causes of turbidity. When the water becomes green, then it's time to draw conclusions - this is an unnatural color. Muddy and green water is formed due to overcrowding of the aquarium with fish or plants. That is, the aquarium fluid passes through the filter, but is not cleaned. The abundance of metabolic products provokes the formation of putrefactive microorganisms, ciliates and other unicellular. If ciliates are beneficial, the bacteria can harm the plants - they will start to rot. In order not to be surprised why fish and plants often get sick - watch the aquarium clean and tidy.
- Why still breed single-celled? Because you do not have time to clean the tank after heavy feeding. For aquarism it is better to underfeed than to feed. This rule will protect the fish from problems. After overfeeding again the water got cloudy - what to do? Arrange a pet unloading diet for a couple of days, the bacteria will die out, the water biobalance will be restored.
- Incorrectly installed decoration. Snags, plastic materials of poor quality dissolve in water, forming a muddy shade. If the scenery is new wooden, but untreated - they can be boiled or infused in salt solution. Plastic snags should be replaced by new ones.
- In the old, stagnant nursery with fish sediment is formed due to "whiteness after fish treatment", this is when drugs and purification chemistry for aquarium glass were used in the pond. Such substances have a number of side effects, they disrupt the biological equilibrium, neutralizing the favorable microflora.
How to overcome turbidity in water?
Now we know the reasons why the water grows cloudy in the aquarium, and what to do in each case. However, there are general rules, without which it is impossible to completely eliminate the problem.
- Siphonte the soil in the aquarium. Open the filter, rinse and clean. Then add activated carbon to it - this needs to be done to absorb harmful substances. It is forbidden to make a complete replacement of water and washing the aquarium soil, otherwise the beneficial bacteria will die out and will not be able to process rot and algae.
See how to siphon the soil in the aquarium.
- In some cases, it is necessary to do an intensive aeration of the aquarium - when there are a lot of fish feed residues and a fasting day is not enough. Oxygen will quickly remove excess organics.
- If an unpleasant smell disappears in an aquarium, it means that the struggle with mist is over successfully. Also for elimination of bacterial turbidity it is possible to use elodeya, having landed it superficially in a ground.
Dregs in the water: types
The color of turbidity will tell about the sources of its formation:
- The water color is greenish - single-celled algae reproduce;
- Brown water - peat, humic and tannins, poorly processed snags;
- Milky white color - unicellular bacteria begin to multiply;
- The color of the water coincides with the color of the soil or of a stone recently laid on it, which means that the soil was plowed by fish, or the stone turned out to be fragile.
Drugs that prevent the appearance of turbid sediment
- Aquarium coal is absorbent, which is added after cleaning the tank to the filter for a period of 2 weeks. After extraction, you can fill in a new batch there.
- Tetra Aqua CrystalWater is a tool that binds small particles of dirt into one, after which they can be removed or passed through a filter. After 8-12 hours the reservoir will be crystal clear. Dosage - 100 ml per 200 liters of water.
- Sera Aquaria Clear - also binds sediment particles, passing it through the filter. During the day, dirt can be removed from the cassette. The drug does not contain harmful substances.
- Before adding sorbents to water, it is better to move the fish to another container.
In order to avoid turbid water, it is necessary to control the level of nitrates, nitrites and ammonia. They stand out as a result of the vital activity of fish, plants and improper care of the water body. Therefore, fish should be settled in the tank, the size of which corresponds to its volume. Proper feeding of pets, timely cleaning of the products of their vital activity, removal of rotten plants will settle the water balance. If there is no mechanical or biological filter in the aquarium, replace 30% of the water weekly with fresh and sedimented. Do not add water from the pipeline with the smell of chlorine or boiled.
See also: What water to pour into the aquarium with fish?
Muddy water in the aquarium: what to do?
Many newcomers to breeding aquarium fish, when confronted for the first time with a problem, are puzzled: what to do if there is muddy water in the aquarium. In fact, the causes of clouding can be several and need to act consistently, eliminating them one by one.
Why does the water in a fish tank grow cloudy?
If you have just changed the water in the aquarium, but it does not hit you with transparency, then, most likely, it will be very easy to decide from what the whiten water grows white or muddy in the aquarium.It will be enough to wait a couple of hours. Most likely, the reason is very simple: you either washed the ground poorly before pouring water, or, filling the aquarium, did it too hastily and raised sediment from the bottom. This is a particularly common problem for those aquariums in which sand is used as a primer. Another safe reason is the fish themselves, some species of which would like to delve into the sediment. Goldfish, veils and cichlids most often do this. Another reason for the turbidity of the water can be excessive feeding and overcrowding of the aquarium. Finally, the most dangerous is bacterial turbidity of water.
What to do if the water in the aquarium quickly becomes cloudy?
So, if the water does not become cloudy immediately after the shift, and you are sure that this is not connected with raising the sediment from the ground, then you need to check further whether you are overfeeding the fish. In this case, you need not to feed them for two days, the fish will not be harmed by this, and the remains of uneaten food during this time will be able to dispose of snails or catfish, and the water should become transparent again. If your aquarium is very overpopulated, then you should think about selling a certain number of fish or transferring them to another container.
The most difficult to deal with is the turbidity of water from bacteria that have multiplied and microscopic algae. It is necessary to carefully siphon the soil. At the same time, it is impossible to change a part of water to fresh one, as this will give them additional nutrients. In this case, only boiled water can be used to replace water. If this does not help, then apply Bicillin-5 solution. It is worth processing according to the instructions for three days. But if the water remains turbid and after that, nothing remains but to completely replace the water, thoroughly washing the soil and plants. After this treatment, the aquarium must be kept for several days, so that the water will acquire the necessary composition and temperature, and only then run the fish into it.
❶ Why the water becomes cloudy :: Natural sciences
Why does the water grow cloudy
A properly equipped and properly maintained aquarium in which biological balance is maintained may not require changing water for a long time. The problem of water turbidity often occurs in novice aquarists, who believe that caring for fish is only in abundant and timely feeding.
The question "And yet! What appeared first?" Egg or chicken? "" - 12 answers
1. The water becomes turbid due to small particles of soil that have been washed out of it, which are washed out during the careless filling of the aquarium with water. After they settle to the bottom, the water will again become clear. Do not replace water completely when it is not required. Using a rubber or glass tube, periodically remove dirt accumulating on the bottom and add the required amount of fresh water, ensuring that its temperature coincides with the water in the aquarium.
2. Water may also become turbid in a new, newly equipped aquarium, due to the reproduction of single-celled organisms. This phenomenon is called "infusorial turbidity". Do not rush to settle an aquarium prepared and filled with water, wait a few days. Another harmless cause of turbidity - loosening of the soil by fish digging in it - is easily eliminated by placing a layer of thoroughly washed sand on the bottom.
3. The turbidity of the water can be caused by the appearance of a large number of putrefactive bacteria that are very harmful to fish and plants due to too high a concentration of fish in the aquarium or improper feeding. Follow one of the basic rules of aquarism: "It is better to underfeed than overfeed."
4. If you forget to clean up the remnants of food and rotting plants in time, this can also provoke a rapid reproduction of bacteria. In addition, turbidity can be caused by poor filtration and blowing of water, as a result of which accumulation of metabolic products occurs in the aquarium, which serve as an ideal medium for mass reproduction and feeding of bacteria. To avoid such consequences, squander excess fish and improve the filtration system.
Refuse dry feeds or give them a little and watch them to be eaten as soon as possible. Place in the aquarium snails, which are willing to clean up edible remains.
Why does the water in the aquarium with fish quickly grow cloudy? How often should it be changed?
I do not change the water, but replace 10–15% every week, combining it with a ground siphon and topping up with fresh water. It gets cloudy, you need to understand why. Do not get carried away with dry food, alternate with natural-frozen moth. And even better not to feed than to feed.
Usually, the water becomes cloudy due to the huge number of rotting bacteria that eat excess food. When feeding fish, it is important that they eat all the food in 10-15 minutes - everything that is not eaten should be removed from the aquarium. Once a week, siphon the soil with the help of a special siphon device (sold in the pet store and it is easy to do it yourself), at the same time about 1/5 of the water is drained and the fresh water is added.
It is not necessary to change the water entirely in the aquarium, it causes biological balance and leads to disease and death of fish and plants.
And, perhaps, you have an excess of fish with a lack of aquarium volume.
For the first time, flooded water always becomes cloudy at first, and then becomes transparent. Thus, the aquarium flora and fauna adapts its space. Disorder only when muddy water begins to stink. Water is poured only once. And then add as evaporation.
Well, the reasons for the many-problem start-up, overfeeding, overcrowding and estesSSno wrong care. For the exact answer, pliz in the section to fortunetellers. Without details it is impossible to answer. Defendants Mlyn, you will add water as you evaporate on the advice of Natalia Pusher-pick the fish, not immediately ... with time, as the concentration of ammonia increases.
Turbid water in an aquarium can be for various reasons, but it is not always easy to deal with the clouding of the aquarium. Turbidity in aquarium water may be due to suspended small particles of soil, which may appear after careless pouring water into your tank.
This is an innocuous clouding, and it does not cause significant harm to the aquarium inhabitants, after a certain time the turbidity will disappear by itself, due to its subsidence to the bottom. The aquarium will be cloudy from the appearance of a large putrefactive bacteria in it, and they are harmful both to the fish and to the plants in the aquarium. The appearance of such harmful bacteria in consequence, improper feeding of fish and excessive density of settlement of aquarium fish. For high-quality filtration of water in the aquarium, you should pour washed, coarse sand, a layer of 4 -5 cm, preferably a dark color. You do not need to completely change the water in the aquarium, periodically siphon the soil with a special siphon for cleaning the aquarium soil, removing all the dirt from the bottom of the aquarium, while adding 20% of fresh water, preferably the same temperature. In a properly equipped aquarium, biological balance is established and it stands for years without changing water. Muddy aquarium can be from improper feeding. Improper feeding leads to the most basic problems. From dry feed water in the aquarium very quickly deteriorates. Therefore, you should abandon the dry feed. If you still feed the fish with dry food, then you should feed them a little and make sure that all food is eaten immediately. The diet of fish should be varied, and in its composition should include live food. One of the best choices of live food is a bloodworm. It should be fed at the rate of 3 5 worms per day (small adult fish).
If none of the above mentioned things helped, try not to feed your fish for 2-3 days, this will not cause any harm to the fish, and the bacteria will die during this time. Remember the important rule: it is better to underfeed than to feed. Subject to these conditions, the water in the aquarium will be transparent. Chemical and biological processes in the aquarium occur constantly, as a result of all this, some plant organisms and animals are born, while others die. In the water column of the aquarium, there are many bacteria that are regularly processed by the remnants of food, decay products and plant activity and fish excrement. In turn, the beneficial bacteria are food for ciliates and other microorganisms. Water turbidity can occur in an aquarium where there are a lot of fish and few aquarium plants, and the water is not blown or filtered. An aquarium with such data is a good breeding ground for the mass reproduction of bacteria and unicellulars. In this case, you need to quickly precipitate extra fish into another aquarium. The reason for the turbidity of the water can also be fish, digging in the ground. This turbidity is harmless, and it is easy to eliminate by increasing the top layer of cleanly washed soil at the bottom of the aquarium. Such turbidity is harmless, and it is easy to eliminate, increasing the top layer of purely washed sand at the bottom of the aquarium. If you comply with all of these conditions, the water in your tank will be clear, clean and healthy. Water is replaced depending on the number of living plants and the density of fish planting according to the rules 1 time in 7–10 days (if the water is clean and the fish feel good then this procedure can be carried out 1 time per month and nothing bad will happen). There is a rule - the less you will climb into the aquarium, the longer the fish lives.
Aquarium - water quickly becomes cloudy
Why does the water grow cloudy quickly in the aquarium (it becomes cloudy within 2 weeks)? What to do?
1. volume of aquarium?
3. Does the water stink?
4. When the aquarium is running?
5. Chemie pour?
Without these answers, you can only guess!
"Pour" green blue "into the water at the rate of 1 ml per 10 liters of water" - WHY ??? do you even know what it's done for?
Methods of dealing with the turbidity of the water in the aquarium
A slight turbidity in the aquarium may well be of inorganic origin, that is, to be the result of inaccurate handling of a dirt surface. Such negligence can occur during the catch of fish or when hastily topping up the water. With the above operations, turbidity, as a rule, passes by itself.
But turbidity with a bacterial origin is very stable. In this case, it is necessary to immediately start an immediate fight with him, otherwise it will quickly move from the easy stage of turbidity to the significant stage. Serious turbidity in turn complicates its eradication.
Fresh water in the aquarium can not be added, because along with it in the water of the aquarium comes additional food for bacteria, thereby aggravating the condition of the water. It is necessary to start combating cloudiness from the surface of the aquarium soil, which should be thoroughly cleaned of sludge, and the fish should be stopped for two or three days, giving them a reason to clean the plants themselves, that is, in search of food, fish will inevitably begin pecking organic remains.
A guarantee of success with turbidity is the replacement of one-third or one-fourth of the volume of cloudy water with “old” or boiled water, and then cooled to room temperature.
Intensive, and best of all, round-the-clock, aeration helps not only to facilitate the respiration of fish, but also contributes to the very rapid oxidation of rotting organic substances that are a breeding ground for bacteria. Because in such conditions, the bacteria do not have additional food, they begin to starve, and all this ends in a fatal outcome for the bacteria.
One of the most effective ways to combat the turbidity of water in an aquarium due to water pollution with organic substances is the introduction of daphnia into an aquarium.
"Blooming" of water, initially having a greenish dull hue. It can be easily confused with the turbidity, which is formed due to the action of bacteria. Quite often, this phenomenon can be observed in aquariums during the spring and summer months, but only when the aquariums are illuminated with natural, natural light.
Methods of dealing with the so-called "bloom" of water are similar to methods of dealing with bacterial turbidity. Also, a thorough cleaning of the dirt surface is made. Feeding of fish is temporarily stopped, partial replacement of water with the “old” one is carried out, filtration and aeration are carried out, and the aquarium illumination is also reduced.
It is necessary to find out the reason, often it is overfeeding, or microscopic algae, which also multiply for various reasons, you need to feed once a day, one day hungry - this is useful for the condition of the fish and the aquarium too.
Combating water turbidity in an aquarium
Minor haze may be of inorganic origin: as a result of careless handling of the ground surface during the capture of fish or the hasty topping of water, it passes by itself.
Bacterial turbidity is stable, it is necessary to immediately start a serious struggle with it, otherwise a slight turbidity will quickly turn into significant, complicating the struggle with it.
You can not add fresh water to the aquarium, it brings with it food for bacteria. The surface of the aquarium soil is thoroughly cleaned of sludge, feeding of fish is stopped for 2-3 days, let them take care of cleaning the plants, that is, snapping algae.
The guarantee of success is the replacement of one-third or one-fourth of the volume of turbid water with “old” or at least boiled and then cooled water.
Enhanced, better round-the-clock, aeration not only facilitates the respiration of fish, but also contributes to the faster oxidation of decomposing organic substances - the nutrient medium of bacteria. Without receiving additional food, the bacteria starve and die.
One of the ways to combat the turbidity of water from organic substances is to put daphnia in an aquarium.
The "bloom" of water, which initially has a dull greenish tint, is easily confused with bacterial mist. Most often this phenomenon is observed in spring and summer in aquariums illuminated by natural light.
The fight against "blooming" of water is almost the same as with bacterial cloud: cleaning the surface of the soil, temporarily stopping feeding fish, partially replacing water with the "old" one, aerating and filtering, reducing the illumination of the aquarium. To combat the "bloom" and the aquarium is sometimes enough to put a piece of copper wire. //www.kvarum.kiev.ua/aquarium/borpomut.php