How to run a new aquarium?
In this article we will continue the discussion about the installation of the aquarium, which began with the article: Aquarium for beginners. Now let's consider how to properly install and run the aquarium, without harming yourself and the fish. After all, the launch of an aquarium is at least half of a successful business. Errors made at this time, can still interfere with the normal balance for a long time.
Installation of an aquarium
When the aquarium is already installed, it is filled with water and fish are running into it, it is very difficult and problematic to rearrange it. Therefore, it must be properly installed from the start. Make sure that the place and stand where you are going to put it - will hold the weight of the aquarium, do not forget, the mass can reach large values. Be sure to check the distortions using the level, even if you think that everything is smooth. Do not place the aquarium so that the edges hang from the stand. It is fraught with the fact that it just crumbles. The aquarium should stand on a stand all the bottom surface.
Glue the background before installing the aquarium; the easiest way to do this is to put a thin layer of glycerin on the background. Glycerin is sold in a pharmacy.
Do not forget that the aquarium should be free space for maintenance and pipe filter. Finally, when the place is chosen and it is reliable, do not forget the substrate under the aquarium, which will smooth out the irregularities and help to more evenly distribute the load on the bottom of the aquarium. As a rule, it comes complete with an aquarium, do not forget to check with the seller.
Running aquarium - a detailed video in several parts:
Ground laying and filling
All soils, except the original in the package, must be thoroughly cleaned before they sleep in the aquarium. A large amount of fine dirt and debris is present in all soils, and if you do not rinse it, you will seriously clog the water. The process of washing the soil is long and dirty, but extremely necessary. The easiest method is to wash a small amount of soil under running water. Strong water pressure will wash all the light elements and leave the ground almost intact. You can also just pour a small amount of soil into a bucket and put it under the tap, while forgetting about it for a while. When you return it will be clean.
Laying the soil can be uneven, it is best to place the soil at an angle. The front window has a smaller layer, the rear one has a larger one. This creates a better look at the review and makes it easier to clean up the garbage that accumulates near the front glass.
Soil thickness is important if you are going to plant live plants, and should be at least 5-8 cm.
Before pouring water in, check if the aquarium is level. This can be done with a building level. Distortion can increase the wrong load on the walls, and it just does not look aesthetically pleasing.
The second part of the launch:
Then it's time to fill the jar, usually with tap water. Just let it drip slightly to avoid debris and stagnant water. If possible, fill slowly, trying not to blur the soil, it is better to use a hose for this. Even well washed soil will give dregs the first time. You can simply put a plate on the bottom and direct the flow of water to it, the water will not erode the soil and the turbidity will be minimal. Filling the aquarium should be to the top, but leave a few centimeters underfilling. Do not forget, the plants and scenery will take the same place. After the aquarium is filled, add a special conditioner to the water, it will help to quickly remove chlorine and other elements from the water.
You can add water from the old aquarium (if you already have one), but only after the fresh water in the aquarium warms up. You can also put a filter from the old aquarium.
The third video about the launch:
After the aquarium is full, you can proceed to the installation and testing of equipment. The heater should be installed in a place with a good flow, for example, near the filter. So the water will warm up more evenly. Do not forget that the heater must be completely submerged under water! Modern heaters are sealed, they work completely under water. Do not try to bury it in the ground, or the heater will break or the bottom of the aquarium will crack! Set the temperature to about 24-25 ° C, as it warms up, check with a thermometer. Unfortunately, heaters can give a difference of 2-3 degrees. Most of them have a light bulb that lights up in the process of work, you can understand from it when it is on.
Internal filter - if the filter does not need aeration (for example, there is a compressor), then it should be placed on the very bottom, since all the dirt accumulates there. If you sculpt it in 10-20 cm above the ground, then there will be no sense from it, and the whole bottom will be littered with garbage. The closer to the surface, the better the aeration, if needed. So the filter mounting is the choice of the optimal depth - it is necessary that it be as low as possible, but at the same time, aeration works ... And this is already determined by experience. But it is better to read the instructions for the model that you purchased. When you turn on the filter for the first time, air will come out of it, perhaps even more than once. Do not worry, it will take several hours before all the air is cleaned with water.
External filter is a little more difficult to connect, but again - read the instructions. Be sure to place the pipes for intake and discharge of water in different ends of the aquarium. This will eliminate dead spots, places where the water in the aquarium stagnates. It is better to place water intake near the bottom, and do not forget to put a protection on it - a prefilter, so that fish or large debris do not accidentally suck in. External filter must be filled before work. That is, before being included in the network, it is filled with water using a manual pump. I'll tell you that on some models it is not so easy, I had to suffer. As in the internal filter, in the external one there is air that will be released with time. But at first, the filter can work quite loudly, do not be afraid. If you want to speed up the process, gently tilt the filter at different angles or shake slightly.
Driftwood must be thoroughly rinsed and then boiled. This applies to both branded and those that you have found or bought on the market. Sometimes snags are dry and float, in which case they need to be soaked in water. The process is not fast, so do not forget to change the water in the tank with the wet rod. How, where and how many elements to put this business of your taste and not for me to advise. The only thing - make sure that everything is firmly installed, and the glass will not break if you break it. In the case of installation in the aquarium of large stones - 5 or more kg, does not interfere with the ground, put foam under it. This will ensure that such a large cobblestone does not break the bottom.
Running fish and planting plants
When can I run the fish in a new aquarium? After the water is filled, the décor is installed, and the equipment is connected, wait 2-3 days (4-5 is even better) before planting the fish. During this time, the water warms up, cleared. You make sure that the equipment works as it should, the temperature is stable and what you need, the dangerous elements (chlorine) have evaporated.
AquaSafe for water.
At this time, it is good to add special preparations to facilitate the establishment of balance in the aquarium. These are liquids or powders that contain beneficial bacteria that live in the soil and filter, and purify water from harmful substances. Plants can be planted a little faster, before planting the fish, but not before the water warms up to 24 C. Plant the plants, wait a couple of days until the raised dregs settle and launch your new pets.
Running aquarium with fish
Launching a new aquarium is a complex process that requires careful preparation. In order to properly organize the launch of a new aquarium for fish, you need to prepare the aquarium itself, plants for it, decorations, a filtration system, a backlight, and a compressor with a spray. After purchasing all the equipment, it is installed, then water is poured. But that is not all. In the aquarium should be formed favorable biological environment of beneficial bacteria.
Choose the size of the aquarium depending on what types of plants and fish you are preparing to launch. For large fish, it is better to prepare a spacious tank of 300-500 liters or more, for a flock of small fish - up to 250 liters. For one fish, a capacity of 50-60 liters is enough, but in the way of life, not all fish are lonely, so consider this feature. In a close aquarium, it is difficult to maintain a biological balance, and if you plan to buy new fish, its volume will not be enough.
See how to choose an aquarium.
Before starting a new aquarium, you need to wash it properly. Do not use soap or other detergents. Baking soda is not toxic; it washes away all germs and alkali. Rinse the tank walls with running water 4 times. Frame aquariums can be left under water for several days, during which time toxic substances will be washed off. The water in which he was located must be drained. Check if the walls of the aquarium are leaking.
Put a clean tank in a specially prepared place. You can not put it on the window sill, in places of draft and direct sunlight. Bright lighting will trigger algae reproduction and water bloom. The place for the aquarium should be permanent. Try to put it where there will be less noise, evaporation from the room battery.
Choose a table or cabinet for an aquarium of such height and surface area that could support the weight of the structure. The surface must be smooth and clean. The water pressure at the bottom of the tank is high and the bottom may crack on an uneven surface. You can use a rubber mat as a lining.
Water and scenery in an aquarium
Now you need to prepare equipment for the aquarium. Determine where it is better to put the compressor with air ducts, how to connect the lighting and the water heater. Consider where you can leave the net for transportation, the siphon with the hose, the scraper and the water collection tank. If you have thought about where you will install the equipment, you can lay the soil substrate.
Decide in advance on the type of soil - it can be gravel, pebbles or sand. Soil needs to be processed, wash out all suspended particles and remnants of large fragments. Some types of soil need to be treated with boiling water, in any case detergent. After preparing the ground, the next day you can plant unpretentious aquarium plants in it, such as valisneria, anubias, hornolistnik, elodeya and others.
Watch the video with recommendations for choosing aquarium soil.
Next you need to pour prepared water into the tank. You can not pour the water recruited from the tap, it is harmful and toxic. Let her stand for 3-4 days to get chlorine fumes out of it. It will heat to room temperature. Take measurements of water parameters using indicators. When all indicators meet the standards, you can pour water.
Later, place stones, rocks, caves, earthenware pots and treated wood snags in the tank. Attach the filtration system (external or internal filter), aerator, heating system, thermometer. If the equipment manual allows, you can install mechanisms after the water inlet. For a decorative aquascape, all parts must be as hidden as possible. With the help of large stones, driftwood and bushes of plants you can cover the installation.
After all the preparations, the water can be poured in little by little, so that the soil does not become washed out and the water does not become cloudy. On a layer of soil you can put a ceramic plate, and pour water directly on it. Then turn on all devices and check their performance. Inspect the tank for damage.
To properly prepare the aquarium to run the fish, you need to wait a few days, when it will establish biological balance. After 2 days in the new aquarium, the water becomes turbid - this means that ciliates and useful bacteria actively proliferate in it. This is a signal that the preparation of the aquarium was successful. After 2-3 days the water will be clean, it may turn yellow. If you add water from the old aquarium to the reservoir, the beneficial microorganisms will quickly establish biological balance. You can buy a special leaven with good bacteria in the pet store, and add it in the required proportions to the water.
After 7-8 days after adding water to the aquarium, you can run the first hardy and undemanding fish. It is correct to start schooling fish at once on 5-6 individuals and more, singles or paired fish - only in pairs. Viviparous species of fish and barbs will help the aquatic environment to quickly come into balance.
To prepare the fish for launching into the tank, they need to be placed in a portable water bag from their previous aquarium. Gradually lower the fish in the bag into the new water so that they get used to its temperature. After 20-30 minutes, the new water will become familiar to them. To avoid stress, anti-stress drugs such as Tetra Easybalance or Ptero Aqua Antistress can be added to the tank.
Instructions for the proper start of the aquarium
The appearance of aqua world has been happening for thousands of years, so it is not possible to instantly create an optimal microclimate in the aquarium. It is not enough to buy a rack with specialized chemicals and equipment.
Preparing the primary environment
Start the launch of the aquarium by determining the place where the artificial reservoir will be located and only then can the issue of settling and other filling the aquarium be solved. However, this is still far away. Place the aquarium in its place and pour water to the top. This is necessary so that traces of sealant and other hazards dissolve. Now drain it completely. Together with the water will leave the remnants of dissolved materials. After that, you need to go to laying soil. Pour water into the aquarium for a third of its volume and lay the prepared material on the bottom. It is best to use small round stones, the grains of which do not exceed 5 millimeters. Try to find a soil with a neutral alkaline environment. You can check it without special devices, just drop vinegar on it, if it starts to sizzle, then the rigidity in such an aquarium will be alkalized and faded.
Properly selected soil allows you to create an organic microclimate and will not allow to form places of stagnation where water does not circulate. Since the soil is considered a natural biofilter for all microorganisms, the continued success of the launch of a new aquarium depends largely on the correct actions for choosing and laying the ground. The bacteria that appeared in it take part in the process of ozonization and nitratization of water, therefore it is important to keep track of areas that are difficult to access for changing water. In order not to accidentally bring harmful microorganisms and diseases into the aquarium, the soil must be treated. Starting an aquarium from scratch begins with the ignition or boiling of the washed soil. To prevent the bottom of the aquarium from cracking due to the temperature difference, the ground is lowered into the poured water or previously cooled. After it is in place, add liquid to the required level.
For starters, you can ignore aeration, filtering and lighting. It is enough to turn on the heater if necessary. After a day, the chlorine content will return to normal, the water will acquire the desired temperature, and the excess gases will come out. You can start planting plants. For their existence, you must properly highlight the water. Try to put the lamp in the range of 0.35 watts per liter. For the beginning of the 8-hour daylight will be enough.
Plants that help form the right microclimate:
- Dissected or pterygoid carrots;
- Indian fern;
- Rapidly growing grass.
The launch of the aquarium is complicated by the lack of bacteria that are responsible for processing the waste products of the inhabitants. Thanks to the above plants, more precisely, the death of their leaves, these microorganisms become larger. No matter how much you want to run fancy fish at this moment, you have to wait. The first stage has been completed - the plants are in place, now it is necessary to wait for time, so that they adapt, take root and go to growth. All these actions among aquarists are called - setting the primary balance.
Stages of microclimate formation:
- Active reproduction of microorganisms leads to turbidity of water;
- After 3-4 days, transparency returns to normal;
- The absorption of oxygen and organics leads to the accumulation of ammonia;
- Bacteria begin to work hard and normalize the environment.
Many are trying to find the answer, how much time should the aquarium stand before launching the fish. In fact, there is no optimal time limit. It all depends on temperature, plants and volume. It is necessary to wait for a light smell of fresh grass, and not a new aquarium with a silicone impurity.
It is time to launch the first fish. If you are not sure that the aquarium is fully prepared to accept the inhabitants, then start with a pair of Guppy or Danyushek. However, if you did everything according to the instructions, then boldly plant a whole flock of young individuals into the pond. Up to 15 teens can be released into the one-hundred-meter aquarium.
Do this correctly:
- Bring a jar or bag of young stock home;
- Wait a couple of hours, setting aeration of water in a jar or bag;
- Drain some of the water and add the one in your tank;
- Wait an hour and repeat the procedure;
- Gradually, within a few hours, change all the water;
- Send the fish to the general aquarium.
If possible, try to measure the parameters of water first time. To do this you will need testers for acidity, nitrates and ammonia. Fish pioneers need to be fed live food, if there is none, then ice cream is allowed. Feeding dry food is not desirable. If there is no other choice, then enter it for not many, arranging fasting days for the inhabitants. It is imperative to observe this rule so that a bacterial outbreak does not occur.
In the beginning, you should not build a schedule for changing and changing water, just watch the inhabitants. You can change 10-20% of water if:
- All fish have fallen into the lower layers;
- Melting in pairs or flock;
- Presses upper fin.
To make sure you need to change the water, check the acidity and temperature. If the thermometer scale is above 25 degrees with a pH of more than 7.6, then change part of the water. It is important to make sure that all the fish have fallen to the bottom, and not just one individual. In the event that one of the fish descends low alone - drop him into quarantine and continue to observe.
Experienced aquarists offer another way to normalize balance. Sow all the fish for a day and wait for the decrease in ammonia. Then the inhabitants come back.
Running the aquarium and settling fish in it affects the quality of the water. Each individual creates a chemical cloud around itself that affects its neighbors. The higher the density of fish, the greater the impact of harmful substances.
Maintaining the aquarium microclimate
So that the launch does not turn out to be a waste of time, it is necessary to carefully plan the follow-up care: the number and frequency of changes in water or part of it. To create the best water, tap water is completely unsuitable. Tap water is too aggressive for sensitive fish. It is strictly forbidden to change all the water (with the exception of the "patient"). In the aquarium is established its own environment, like the one that is familiar to the type of fish.
The optimal amount of water added is no more than 1/5 of the part. Fish will be able to restore the normal microsphere after a couple of days. If you change ½ the volume of water at a time, this inept action can lead to the death of fish and plants. Recovery of hydrobalance large amount of water is possible only in 2-3 weeks. Complete replacement of water will lead to the death of all living things, and it will be necessary to launch the aquarium from the very beginning. Use separated water, the temperature of which will be approximately equal to the aquarium one - this will reduce the chance of fish killing.
Run the aquarium from scratch. Preparation and proper launch of a new aquarium: step by step instructions
The launch of a new aquarium is carried out after all the decorations, soil and plants have been purchased. This process, contrary to general delusion, does not begin with the purchase of fish and involves carrying out five preparatory stages. The lion's share of success depends on the purchase of all the necessary equipment. It must be of high quality and resistant to wear, as some systems will operate around the clock.
Starting the aquarium from scratch should start with the choice of the tank itself. If the aquarist is a beginner, it is preferable to choose medium-sized models, the volume of which varies from 80 to 200 liters. Such a step makes it easy to maintain biological balance in comparison with small containers. The step-by-step start-up of the aquarium, described below, will help to avoid problems.
All filters are divided into two large categories - external and internal. Beginners who launch the aquarium from scratch are encouraged to acquire good internal ones, which will also save. Manufacturers indicate how much water filter is designed, so it is almost impossible to make a mistake. However, experts recommend choosing such equipment with a small margin.
Heater with thermostat
This device maintains a comfortable temperature for all participants in the system. Manufacturers also indicate the recommended volume on the packaging. When starting the aquarium from scratch, the choice is usually not difficult.
A special beam spectrum is an important condition for the full existence of aquatic plants. They grow well under special-purpose lamps with intense lighting. On average, one liter of water requires a power of 0.6 V, that is, at least 60 V per one hundred liters, and all 90 is better.
When there is a launch of the aquarium from scratch, it should be noted that the daylight should be the same. Automation perfectly copes with this (special timers).
Experienced aquarists recommend to give preference to a special film of black or dark blue color, you can also pull on the tablet, commensurate with the parameters of the rear window, the fabric of the desired shade. Just such a background will perfectly emphasize the beauty. Split glossy photographic backgrounds are not the best choice; launching an aquarium with plants can be ruined.
Carbon dioxide saturation system
In the daytime, carbon dioxide is necessary for all the vegetation of the system to grow, especially if there are a lot of fish there. It is recommended to pay close attention to CO2 parameters. It is recommended to establish a saturation system after stabilization of biological equilibrium, including when there is a launch of an aquarium with plants.
The product must be durable. Weight stolitrovogo aquarium is 140 kg. You can purchase a special cabinet or adapt existing furniture. The aquarium, the photo of which is presented below, is installed on the cabinet correctly.
Run Stage One: Verification
First of all, it is necessary to determine if the tank is leaking. To do this, it is placed in the bath, preferably on a flat surface. The aquarium is filled with running water up to half the volume, after a day it is completely filled. Such a test is carried out in any capacity vessels - only this way it can be understood if the glass will burst and the product will carry the first launch. After checking the water is drained, it is better to wash the tank. The aquarium is installed on the cabinet.
Run Stage Two: Ground
As a rule, the soil is represented by gravel of the fine fraction, which is suitable for most plants. Before you put it in the aquarium, it is better to conduct a heat treatment, for example, boiling. After that, most of the soil is mixed with the starting fertilizer.
The base is laid out neatly on the bottom in an even layer, the height of which should not be less than 4 cm. In some cases it is advisable to arrange an uneven layer: small at the front glass, gradually rising to the rear wall. It is better to immediately plan the places where the plants will be located. At this stage, it is important to do everything correctly to avoid further refinements. When choosing a place where plantings will be located, it is better to focus on lighting and remoteness from heating appliances. Artificial and natural decorations are placed on the ground.
Run Stage Three: Installation of Equipment
The heater-thermostat, pump with filter are brought to the aquarium. Technique is still unconnected.
Run Stage Four: Planting Plants
When placing living vegetation should be guided by these recommendations:
- Near the rear wall are large plantations.
- In the middle part, it is customary to plant smaller specimens.
- In the foreground - the smallest, they will be closest to the observer.
Beginners should choose inexpensive, viable plants, such as valisneria or hornpole. Such instances help to quickly establish a balance, after which they can be replaced. In addition, a special bacterial starter can be used to accelerate the stabilization of the biological balance. It is introduced into the water according to the instructions. Plants when planting should be constantly sprayed with a spray.
Run Stage Five: Gulf of Water and Connection
Water can be used the most simple - plumbing. It must be allowed to stand in order for the chlorine to completely evaporate. If you do not want to wait, you can buy bottled drinking water.
To prevent erosion of the soil, a saucer is placed on its bottom. The flow of incoming water should fall on him. Aquarium is full. Then you can turn on the equipment. It is necessary to immediately check how the filters function, heating, what temperature level is established in the system. The filter should work all the time, it can not be disabled. After a few weeks, the inside of the device creates its own bacterial environment, which becomes a biological filter. If you turn it off, the bacteria will quickly die without oxygen and fresh water. Their place will immediately be replaced by anaerobic microorganisms that produce hydrogen sulphide and methane - from them the whole system will cease to function.
The final check should take place seven days after launch. In the first days of work, the water in the aquarium will become muddy, as part of the plants will die off, and the bacteria will begin to multiply rapidly. The activity of microorganisms normalizes this process over time, and it will be possible to talk about the stabilization of the internal biosystem. Only then the tank is ready to receive fish. It will take about a month to complete the formation of an environment where every resident will feel well. One fish should be about 10 liters of water.
How to run the fish
A week after the start of the launch, it is desirable to increase the lighting time of the aquarium to 12 hours. At this time, you can run unpretentious species of fish in an amount not exceeding one third of the allowable for such a population size. It is important that with the proper launch of the fish at this time should remain hungry - it is absolutely harmless for them. Feeding can disrupt the nitrogen cycle, resulting in the need to restart. Food fish can get after four days.
A few days later, the aquarium may be populated by half of the population. During this period, you can run more capricious fish. After seven days you can run all the fish.
If the house has soft water, you should choose those inhabitants who prefer this pH level, and vice versa. The aquarium, the photo of which is presented below, is launched absolutely correctly and delights with its beauty.
Starting a new aquarium may be difficult if it is of a marine type. All stages are similar to the previous ones, but water requires special preparation. It must be treated with reverse osmosis, and then settled for three days. After that, the salt concentration is brought to the required level.
When the optimum salt balance, density and temperature of water are reached, you can fill up the ground: sand or coral chips. Further, in the system, you can place live stones, plant corals, decorate the bottom with shells. A week later, you should check the performance of nitrite and ammonium in water. A month after the water preparation, it is possible to launch the fish in the marine aquarium.
Rules successful aquarist
- you need to purchase only healthy fish in trusted stores;
- fish can not be overfed;
- it is better to check regularly how all systems work;
- the fish must have sufficient living space;
- fish living in the same system must be compatible;
- nitrogen cycle support;
- periodic filter cleaning;
- even a beginner needs to know what is water hardness, pH, buffer capacity;
- a regular partial replacement of water is necessary, even if the first launch of the aquarium occurred less than two weeks ago.
Instead of conclusion
The rapid launch of the aquarium in 99% of cases does not lead to the desired results, it is often necessary to repeat the cycle of preparation. A beginner aquarist must be patient in order for the system to stabilize and fully function.
The question of how to prepare an aquarium for launching has become very relevant lately. Many families want to get beautiful fish that will swim surrounded by vegetation. However, the maintenance of the system requires a certain amount of effort from the owner, which is better to take into account at the stage of making the decision to install an aquarium. In addition, we must not forget about the need for fixed costs for the maintenance of the system, including the purchase of fish food, replacement filters, etc.
How to run the fish in the aquarium :: run the fish in the aquarium :: Aquarium fish
Tip 1: How to run the fish in the aquarium
Many dream of having a little piece of the underwater kingdom at home. The aquarium allows not only to contemplate the beautiful, but also to join the amazing world of underwater inhabitants, to learn a lot of new and interesting things from their life.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. So you decided to start an aquarium. First of all, study the literature on aquarism, decide what type of aquarium you want to buy and what fish you want to keep in it.
2. Do not rush to buy everything at once. First you need to purchase the technical part: the aquarium itself, a filter and an aerator, a light, a heater, a thermometer. Then you need to choose the soil, plants and snails (if you plan to start them). Fish at this stage is not worth buying, you first need to equip them with a house.
3. Install the aquarium, pour the washed soil into it, fill the tank with 1/3 of the distilled tap water. Install hardware. Then plant the plants, put decorations on the ground in the form of embossed stones, specially prepared snags, sculptures. Fill the aquarium with water and connect all the equipment. Now you can run a few snails.
4. After that, the aquarium begins to "ripen." Water is colonized by microflora, various chemical and physical processes occur. During this period, the water is not suitable for settling fish. It is necessary to wait until it dims (this is a natural process), and then again becomes transparent. As a rule, "maturation" lasts about one to two weeks.
5. The process can be accelerated with the help of various water conditioners that are sold in pet stores. After the water becomes crystal clear, you can go for the fish.
6. When choosing fish, their compatibility should be considered, as well as similarity in keeping conditions (hardness, water temperature, illumination, etc.). It is also necessary to correctly calculate the number of fish in your aquarium so that all inhabitants feel comfortable.
7. Try to buy fish in a pet store, which is located near the house, since transportation over long distances has a negative effect on their well-being.
8. Arriving home do not rush to run new tenants in the aquarium. First rinse the bag with fish under running water, and then place it in the aquarium to equalize the temperature. After 10 minutes, add a bag of fish with aquarium water to equalize the chemical composition and wait another 15 minutes. After that, carefully release the fish to the new house.
9. At first, the fish may become clogged under a filter or plants - this is a normal reaction to a change of scenery. Give them a little look around and come to their senses, then feed them a little. A few days later the fish will get used to the new conditions of detention, and you will be able to watch the little underwater world in all its glory!
Tip 2: How to run the fish in a new aquarium
Have you decided to purchase a new aquarium and have prepared it to receive new inhabitants? Please note: you cannot run all the fish there at once, as this can lead to dramatic consequences for both individuals and for the entire aquarium ecosystem.
1. Thoroughly clean the aquarium with baking soda and salt. Avoid using detergents, as their residues on the walls of the aquarium can harm plants and fish.
2. Place the aquarium on a perfectly flat surface so that the glass does not show cracks due to fluid pressure on one of its walls.
3. Lay the soil, pre-rinsing and boiling it. The thickness of the soil layer should be at least 5 centimeters.
4. Install equipment for normal functioning of the aquarium. Such equipment includes:
- the filter necessary to clean the aquarium from waste;
- a compressor that will saturate the aquarium water with oxygen;
- A heater for heating water during the cold season;
- thermometer to monitor water temperature.
5. Having installed the equipment, start planting. Be careful not to plunge the growing point into the ground, otherwise the plant roots will stick out in different directions.
6. Having thus prepared the ecosystem of the aquarium, fill it with water. Use only tap water, do not bring water from rivers and ponds, as it may contain dangerous bacteria and heavy metal particles. Wait 2 weeks.
7. If your fish live in natural conditions in the same climatic zone, launch all at once into the aquarium, but if they are natives of different latitudes, then when sharing your neighbors you are unlikely to be able to avoid victims. In any case, it is better to run the fish in batches so that they gradually get used to the aquarium ecosystem.
8. Quarantine each subsequent batch up to several weeks. Before starting the next group, gradually change the chemical composition of the water in the tank in which your pets are "on overexposure." Within a few hours, gradually pour water into the transit tank with the fish there and carefully observe their behavior. When you start each next batch of fish do not need to feed, they are at this point not to eat.
How to clean and wash the aquarium: the rules, methods, video examples
HOW IS THE RIGHT TO WASH THE AQUARIUM?
In this topic I will try to briefly describe the process of general cleaning of the aquarium world. The point is not tricky !!! But before this event, I think, it would not be superfluous to find out: how to do it correctly, find out how often you need to wash the aquarium, what to wash, sequence of actions, etc.You need to start a conversation with the fact that there is a big difference between washing an aquarium when it is purchased and a planned cleaning of an already established aquarium or in case of emergency. Therefore, we divide the article into these three components.
Washing and cleaning a new - purchased aquarium
Before you install and populate a new aquarium, you must rinse it out or rinse it out. This is due to the fact that, like any product - the aquarium does not know where it was before the purchase, it is not known who touched it and what happened to it.
For this, we carry an aquarium in the bath. I recommend to prepare a place in advance: prepare clean rags or towels, prepare a surface where you can put a washed aquarium, sponge and soda. The fact is that even a small aquarium is a rather weighty, glass-clumsy thing, and when it becomes wet, then in addition to everything, it also becomes slippery. In this state, the aquarium is not very convenient to turn, raise, carry out other manipulations.
Having prepared everything, put the aquarium in the bath and rinse it, preferably with hot water. We take baking soda and kitchen sponge for washing dishes and carefully but gently wash the aquarium with soda (like jars before seaming).
Well, and then everything should be thoroughly washed several times. If the aquarium allows, then gently turn it over on its side and use a shower spray to flush everything.
VERY IMPORTANT!!! WASH ALL EVERYTHING AS POSSIBLE AND MORE CONFIRMED WITH NO SODA REMAINS
After we get the aquarium out of the bath and put it on a previously prepared surface, I recommend using sticks or towels in order to prevent the aquarium from slipping out of my hands. May need the help of a second person.
And now, the aquarium is ready for further installation, which you can read HERE.RECOMMENDATIONS AND TIPS:
- the aquarium can be washed and cleaned with any chemistry: soap, homeostos, comet. However, you should understand that the more "vigorous" the chemistry, the harder it is to wash it. Chemistry residues are not allowed. Since the new aquarium does not need to be thoroughly cleaned, it is not worth washing it in several times and washing it with a variety of cleaning products.
- simultaneously with the new aquarium, wash immediately bought soil and decor. Thus, you facilitate your work. Soil and decor is cleaned with hot water or boiling water. You can add a little liquid soap and rinse with it. At the same time the soaped soil is thoroughly washed !!! It is worth mentioning that in this article, under the ground, I understand quartz, gravel, sand other "colored chips". Special substrates should not be washed.
- if you are the owner of a new large aquarium, then all of the above manipulations are carried out at the installation site. In this case, flush pumped out with a hose, it is better not to use chemistry.
Planned cleaning and washing aquariumPlanned and global cleaning of the aquarium is carried out by experienced aquarists. Perhaps the most important question here is how often do you need to do it? I hasten to happily inform you that often you do not need to completely wash the aquarium. This cleaning is carried out about once every 5 years. This period is strictly individual and depends on the number of fish and plants in the aquarium.
Planned cleaning of the aquarium is carried out more carefully than washing a new aquarium. Such an aquarium is washed with chemistry several times, growths are mechanically removed and shaken off, the aquarium is subjected to heat treatment. After washing such an aquarium, it is advisable to dry for at least a day.
Wash and clean the aquarium in emergency situations - after illness and treatment of fish
Unfortunately, it happens that an infection gets into an aquarium. As a result, the fish get sick and need treatment, and the aquarium needs total disinfection.
In such cases, a simple sink will not do. Infectious aquariums are poured daily with disinfectants to the brim. The easiest way to fill the aquarium with bleach or other household disinfectants. Pay attention - DISINFECTING MEANS !!! Not all household chemicals have disinfectant properties, read the instructions for the tool.
Recommend to use: potassium permanganate solution, chloramine solution, formalin solution, bleach solution, hydrochloric or sulfuric acid solution.
When mycobacteriosis is recommended to fill the aquariums with washing powder at the rate of a pound of powder per 30 liters of water.
In addition, the entire aquarium inventory is subjected to heat treatment - boiling.
After disinfection, I also recommend putting the aquarium to dry for at least 24 hours.
Since some people in the "Aquarium Wash" put the concept of weekly cleaning of the aquarium, we will highlight this issue.
Weekly washing and cleaning of the aquarium
When cleaning the aquarium every week, the following procedure should be strictly followed:
1. Get the equipment: filter, aeration, thermostat. Everything is washed, put aside.
2. If necessary, the care and cutting of plants.
3. Clean the walls of the aquarium. Sponge or special scrapers wipers.
4. If necessary, siphon soil. It is not necessary to clean the soil weekly, especially if there are live plants in the aquarium.
5. Only after that the water is replaced: the old water is drained and freshly added is added.
6. Install the equipment back cleaned.
Do not forget to clean the aquarium cover and the lamps from the inside at least once a month.
After all the manipulations, the aquarium is wiped with a dry cloth, stains can be removed with a window cleaner.
Observing the above simple rules the process of washing an aquarium will not be difficult and tedious, and the result will be as efficient as possible.Useful video, how to clean and wash the aquarium
What water should be poured into a new aquarium?
The water in the aquarium is poured from the water supply and only. From a pond, river, lake, well, boil, bottled, filtered, etc. - DO NOT. wash the soil and fill it up, pour a third of the water, plant the plants (longer length), add water to full. Not bad percent 10% of water to add from a healthy aquarium. After going through the biological process, you can run the fish.
11 quick tips for a novice aquarist
If you have recently taken a great interest in aquariums and decided to create a small piece of wildlife in your home and put your first aquarium - this article is for you. In it, I tried to give a few basic tips that you will need when starting your first aquarium.
1) Do not immediately buy a small aquarium, take at least 60-80 liter, if, of course, at home there is a place for it. Larger aquariums are more resistant to temperature and chemical changes. Recently, the trend is for nano aquariums (aquariums up to 20 liters), but it is better to start with a larger aquarium.
2) Wash the filtering elements of your filter only in aquarium water (not in the aquarium itself), for example, in a bucket or basin, this will allow you to save those bacterial colonies that in turn help you in the fight against ammonia and nitrite. Tap water can kill them, which for some time will disrupt the biological work of your filter.
3) Do not forget and do not be lazy to replace every week 20-25% of water, this will allow you to fight with nitrates in your aquarium. And remember that you should not, as 80% of people in our country thought, pour out all the water once a year and boil the soil, it’s enough to replace 20-25% of the water with fresh water, which will ensure a long and happy life of your aquarium.
4) Do not overfeed fish, it is very important. Firstly, overfeeding harms the fish itself (here you can look at people, overeating was not good for anyone), and secondly, the food that was not eaten starts to rot in the aquarium (the smell of the swamp), which significantly spoils the water quality.
5) Always check the compatibility of the purchased fish. You must admit that nobody saw an open-air cage with wolves, penguins and rabbits living together in a zoo. In the aquarium just as well.
6) Do not release a new fish from the bag or bottle directly into the aquarium, first place this bag in the water to even out the temperature, then add 50-100 ml of water from the aquarium into the bag, the bottle - this is done in order to level the parameters water. It is better to do this alignment within 20-30 minutes, no less.
7) Before buying fish, inspect it very carefully for damage, cloudiness, sores and other abnormal condition.
8) Use the quarantine aquarium for newly arrived fish, this will help to keep the fish that you already have. The question is especially acute when the fish is not cheap, and in any case, the fish after some time become full members of the family and we, aquarists, need to take care of their health. So just in case keep a quarantine aquarium where you can watch a new fish for a couple of weeks for its health.
9) Run the aquarium consistently, so as not to overload the filtration system. The filtration system as a human body, if it is trained gradually, it will give a greater result than if you immediately give a greater load. Colonies of bacteria develop gradually with increasing load, so do not immediately run all the fish that you have identified yourself.
10) Do not believe the rule of 1 cm fish = 1 liter of water, who invented it and when, but this rule is not entirely correct.
11) Do not get carried away using chemicals, especially if you do not fully understand their effects and the consequences of their use.
It is worth remembering that the path to success in aquariums lies in drawing new and new information through books, magazines, forums and aquarium portals,
which help to go to success in our with you hobby.
Be sure to fill the "old" water. and how much it depends on how many liters of the aquarium. I had a tank of 300 liters, I filled 50l. "old" water, i.e. that water in which the fish and plants already lived. then we add the settled water and we wait for several days, then it is possible to start small fishes.
if before the launch of the fish there are 3-4 days, then you can tap water in the aquarium. defend it in order to release chlorine gas (but it depends on what kind of cleaning system the water in your city is taking at the water intake) and the temperature regime is established. if you are not sure about the quality of the water, then you can defend it in another container with the addition of anti-vapor, blue (not synthetic) or another drug.
and the fish can die even when transplanted into an aquarium, even with settled water (there are rules for transplanting + it depends on which fish)
(about boiled water in the special literature, something not met with special instructions, apparently, is allowed)
Sera Nitrivec Bio 50ml Contains a concentrate of filtering bacteria that purify water and process harmful substances contained in it, ammonia compounds, nitrites.
In the new aquarium fish can be run after 24 hours.
Consumption 50 ml per 500 liters.
Pour out of the tap, let it warm up and go off with excess gases, then fill up the soil and plant the plants, wait out the bacterial outbreak and you can run the fish. If the aquarium is small, the water can be heated to 50-70 degrees, then cool and fill. Boil is not necessary.
Take water from the tap for pouring into the new accident, but first you need to thoroughly rinse the soil (if it is purchased), boil it (if you recruited it yourself), then fill the aquarium with water, install the equipment and turn it on at least a week, then you plant Live Plants (or put artificial ones), and again do not touch the aquarium for 7-10 days and only after this time when good bacteria settle on the filter element and the aquarium will begin to live its life and normal function You can buy and run the fish. Remember that aquaria does not like to rush - hurry at best dim or bloom water, at worst, put the fish.