Why does the water bloom in the aquarium :: green water in the aquarium what to do :: Aquarium fish
Why does water bloom in an aquarium?
The flowering of water in an aquarium often begins suddenly. At first, the water becomes slightly cloudy, then becomes green and slightly transparent. To combat these phenomena, you need to know its nature.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
You will need
- - lighting
- - aquarium filters and sprayers
- - compressor
- - plastic can
- - needles for burning holes
1. The reason for the blooming of water is the mass reproduction of unicellular flagellated microorganisms. Botanists attribute them to algae, zoologists - in part to the simplest animals. But it will be important for you that all these microorganisms are capable of photosynthesis, that is, light is necessary for their development.
2. It is the excess light that is always indicated as the main cause of water blooming. When installing the aquarium, you must ensure that direct sunlight does not fall on it. An exception can be made only for spawning aquariums and only for the immediate spawning period, if necessary.
3. The spectral composition of light is also important. Higher plants prefer the "warm" light of incandescent bulbs, while the algae multiply rapidly with the "cold" light of fluorescent lamps. Use a combination of different light sources and try to choose the illumination so that it is sufficient for the growth of aquarium plants, but no more. It is necessary to light the aquarium from above.
4. For photosynthesis of flagellates, the content of carbon dioxide in water, which is abundantly released by aquarium animals, is of great importance. Higher plants are competitors of flagellates in the absorption of carbon dioxide, but they also release it in the dark. Ammonia dissolved in water is also a food for flagellates.
5. Be sure to use aeration and filtration of water in the aquarium, and around the clock. Thus, you will create conditions for normal gas exchange, and this, in turn, will reduce the likelihood of water blooming. Filtration will allow you to get rid of suspended organic residues, which are the nutrient medium for lower organisms, such as euglena - an active participant in the flowering process.
6. If the water in the aquarium has already blossomed, then you will have to fight this phenomenon. A complete change of water will not give results. The unicellular flagellated chlamydomonads can form drought-resistant spores, and eugleins are cysts. After a while, the aquarium will bloom again. Better use biological methods to combat flowering.
7. Microorganisms that cause water blooming are the food of many animals. Young tadpoles of a spur frog will clear the aquarium flagellates in a few hours. If you run the large daphnia Magna in the aquarium, they filter the water for a couple of days, and the fish themselves will eat them later.
8. You can use the mollusks-filter feeders. Bicuspid sharovki reliably clean and protect your aquarium from water bloom if you plant them in a plastic jar with small holes, burned by a needle. The walls of the banks will protect them from fish.
Do not use snuff or perlovits as filter mollusks in any case. These mollusks infect fish with their larvae - glochidia.
Why is the green water in the aquarium
One of the most frequent questions asked by all aquarium lovers is why does the water in the aquarium turn green even when it is regularly replaced? Despite the fact that the green water does not bring tangible harm to the inhabitants, the aesthetic appearance of the aquarium nevertheless deteriorates. Such water will be dangerous for those fish that run into it from a clean, fresh pond. To choose the most effective method of dealing with euglene, which causes the flowering of aquarium water, it is necessary to establish the exact causes of this phenomenon.
Causes of the phenomenon
An unpleasant bloom of water in an aquarium can be caused by several reasons that both beginners and experienced aquarists should be aware of. So why the water in the aquarium turned green? What was the cause?
- Incorrect lighting.
Most often, the blooming of water in an aquarium occurs because of ignorance of the elementary rules of its illumination. The reasons may be:
- excessive lighting of the aquarium: an excess of sunlight falling on it, provokes enhanced growth euglena;
- wrong light mode for the season.
- Water pollution Often the water in the aquarium turns green if there is a pollution of the aquarium water with various organic substances. It can cause:
- reproduction of euglena - plants of lower level, floating unicellular algae of small size;
- accumulations of soluble organic waste in water;
- Improper feeding Beginners of the aquarium may not know the rules of feeding the fish, which will lead to water flowering:
if you pour too much food into the tank, which the fish will not eat right away, it will sink to the bottom of the tank and rot, and thus the green water in the tank will be provided to you.
All these causes can be easily eliminated in many different ways.
Methods to eliminate
If the reason for greening the water in the aquarium is determined correctly, you need to choose the best way for you to eliminate this cause.
- If it's about lighting ... It was necessary to think about the lighting while installing the aquarium, but if it is too late to change something, you can take the following measures to clean the water from blooming:
- the aquarium should be darkened: if the algae are deprived of direct sunlight, they will die, making the water brighten;
- ensure that the aquarium has the correct light mode: in the winter it should be lit no more than 10 hours a day, and in the summer - up to 12 hours.
- If water pollution occurs ...
To quickly and effectively clean the water from the invasion of green evil, you can use the following tips:
- run a large number of live daphnids into the aquarium — enough so that the fish cannot eat them at a time: the daphnias will shortly deal with the algae that have filled the aquarium’s space and purify the water;
- buy special preparations from green water in aquariums, which can be found in any pet store;
- start in your aquarium creatures that feed on algae and help you in the process of lightening the water: mollies, catfish, pecilli, snails or shrimps;
- if the water in the aquarium is blooming, in no case do not try to change the water again and again - this will provoke even more rapid growth of algae;
- if the soil is contaminated with organic waste, transplant the inhabitants of the aquarium into a separate container and clean the soil;
- check the correct operation of the aquarium equipment;
- try a chemical cleaning method: streptomycin powder is diluted in water and added to the aquarium (3 mg of solution per liter of aquarium water); for fish, such aeration is harmless, but with algae that have filled up the aquarium will cope in a short time;
- There are special filters for eliminating green water: for example, a UV sterilizer that kills algae with the help of directional ultraviolet light;
- diatomaceous filter;
- use flocculants (or coagulants) - these are special additives from small particles that effectively remove algae from the water;
- Aquarium water filtration can also be done using micron cartridges.
- If the reason for feeding the fish ... If you find out that the water in the aquarium has turned green due to improper feeding, study the instructions on how to properly feed the fish and follow them exactly so that the fish will be good and you will enjoy the cleanliness of your aquarium.
In order to permanently save yourself from the problem of aquarium water flowering, it is easiest to prevent this unpleasant phenomenon. Observe preventive measures, monitor the proper operation of the aquarium equipment, properly care for the aquarium as a whole. These measures include:
- correct installation of the aquarium from the very beginning: do not put it directly to the window - the source of direct sunlight: it must be at least one and a half meters away from such a source; better provide artificial light to the aquarium using lamps;
- when installing, take care that the soil was poured into the aquarium at an angle to the front wall, which will facilitate the process of cleaning and cleaning the soil from various impurities;
- proper feeding of fish: do not give a lot of feed; make sure that they eat it all in 5 minutes;
- proper care: keep the aquarium clean at all times, remove rotten algae leaves in a timely manner.
Finding out why the water in the aquarium is blooming, try to solve this problem as soon as possible, in order to bring comfort to your fish and enjoy the aesthetic view of clear, crystal clear water.
Why is the water green in the aquarium :: the water is green in the aquarium what to do :: Aquarium fish
Why is the water green in the aquarium?
"Flowering" of water is typical for various reservoirs, including home aquariums. Water usually turns green in the summer - in July or August, this process can be accompanied by an unpleasant smell and death of the fish. To get rid of the "flowering", you need to find out its cause.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. In addition to fish, snails, plants and other living creatures, plankton lives in an aquarium, causing water to bloom - filamentous and unicellular green algae. In conditions of medium or low light, low water temperature, phytoplankton multiplies slowly, the water remains clear. Some factors contribute to the intensive increase in the mass of microorganisms.
2. The most basic reason for the enhanced growth of microscopic algae is a large amount of light. If the aquarium's lighting is too intense, the water may turn green even in winter. In the summer, there is enough natural daylight to “bloom”, especially if the aquarium is in direct sunlight.
3. The second important factor in the "blooming" of water is the increase in its temperature. The active division of phytoplankton begins when the water temperature becomes higher than the average annual.
4. The presence of excessive amounts of organic matter in water is another factor contributing to the growth of microorganisms. If you poorly conduct aquarium hygiene and regularly overfeed the fish, phytoplankton, especially Euglena green, begins to divide in this nutrient medium.
5. The last factor affecting the purity of the aquarium is the lack of clean water. If you save on the filter and aeration, chemical and chemical balance of water suffers, which leads to the transformation of the aquarium into a "swamp".
6. The most radical way to get rid of "flowering" - a complete replacement of water, followed by shading the aquarium. If it is problematic to completely change the water, it can be changed to a third and cover the aquarium from the light. Without illumination, phytoplankton will cease to multiply, and infusoria, for which it is food, will purify water. In addition, the aquarium can be populated with daphnia, shrimp, catfish, snails, which also feed on microscopic algae.
7. If the water is green - reduce the amount of food for the inhabitants of the aquarium. Normally, fish should eat everything in 5-15 minutes. For a day or two, you can even completely stop feeding - the fish will have enough of the food that is already in the water. Watch also for the proper operation of the devices for filtering and aerating the aquarium - this helps to avoid excessive accumulation of organic matter in the water.
A slight greening of the water for the fish is not considered dangerous, but if the “bloom” is strong enough - it can be fatal for some inhabitants of the aquarium. Green algae litter the gills of fish, and in addition, at night, phytoplankton needs oxygen, as a result of which the “official” inhabitants of the aquarium begin to choke.
If all your efforts do not lead to water purification, try using chemicals - they can be purchased at pet stores. At observance of the instruction and the specified doses these substances are safe for inhabitants of an aquarium and plants.
Why is the water green in the aquarium and how to deal with it?
Self-purification of water in natural aquatic ecosystems occurs due to physicochemical and biological processes involving hydrobionts: living organisms and plants. The condition of the aquarium water depends on the organization of the system (maintenance mode, power and type of filter, the presence of living plants, drifts, the number of fish and food). The color of water can change under the influence of various factors. Thus, the low content of oxygen in it, which is consumed for the oxidation of organic matter, leads to an increase in the concentration of decomposition products. The water becomes cloudy, gets the smell of hydrogen sulfide. But there are cases when it becomes green. So why is the water green in the aquarium?
The reason for its turbidity is the mass reproduction of bacteria, and the water turns green usually from green microscopic euglenic algae that multiply in an aquarium. Euglena is normally always present in the aquarium, but during its reproduction begins the "flowering" of water, which can be painted in yellow-green, green colors. More often it is observed in aquariums with excessive brightness of the light source. Often, fans of ornamental fish, acquiring aquariums for the home, place them in the most convenient and "cost-effective" place - near the windows. Direct intense sunlight contributes to the active reproduction in water of green algae, which cover the glass aquarium, decorations, plants. Strong artificial lighting also contributes to the reproduction of euglena. It can be brought into the aquarium and with live food for fish from natural waters.
The first actions that are taken by novice aquarists are a complete replacement of water, cleaning plants, decorations. Similar, logical at first glance, events only aggravate the situation, causing bewilderment and the question of why the water is green in the aquarium, despite all efforts.
Changing water does not improve the situation. It is necessary to eliminate the causes of its "flowering" - turn off the light for several days, obscure the aquarium, located near the window. After this, the regular change of water and cleaning of the soil will allow to correct the situation, since light and nutrients only stimulate the growth of green algae. Keep the aquarium clean at all times.
You should know that the process of water self-purification will accelerate with the addition of "old" water (1/3 of the total) to the aquarium, pre-stored, rich in humic acid and a set of microorganisms that help restore a healthy environment. You should know that it is harvested from a prosperous aquarium, not overcrowded with fish, with well-growing plants.
In order not to wonder about why the water is green in the aquarium, you can run daphnias into it. In this case, it is better to seed the fish so that they do not destroy the crustaceans.
You can also purify water with the help of special preparations acquired in pet stores. Algae die off when a solution of rivanol, trypaflavin, penicillin, streptomycin is added to the aquarium.
Special diatomaceous filters and UV sterilizers help to eliminate the "blooming" of water.
In order to no longer wonder why water is turning green in an aquarium, it is necessary to achieve the necessary biological balance for its aquarium inhabitants. To support it, you need to adjust the lighting: apply curtains, screens, change the power of the lamps. Remember that it is important where the aquariums are installed. The fish will feel great with proper lighting, proper feeding, aeration and filtering.
It is useful to acquire new inhabitants of the underwater world who eat algae. These are pteregoplichts, antsitrusy, which remove plaque from glasses, mollies, Siamese seaweeds, Japanese shrimps, snails, ampouleries.
Why does the water in the aquarium bloom, what to do about it ???
The flowering of water in the aquarium indicates the massive development in the water of plant microorganisms. Some species of plant organisms paint the water green, others yellow, brown, brown. Typically, water blooms occur as a result of the accumulation in water of various nutrients, in particular nitrogen and phosphorus compounds, as well as in case of excessive illumination of the aquarium, which contributes to the very rapid development of vegetation. The number of plant microorganisms in the water is also determined by the composition of the soil in the aquarium and the presence of higher aquatic plants. Algae can develop massively if there is a lot of organic matter in the water.
An optimal combination of various factors is necessary for the mass development of plant organisms. These are sharp daily fluctuations of the amount of oxygen in water, as well as indicators of acidity and hardness. Of great importance is temperature and especially lighting. Water blooming Contribute to the decomposition of food in the aquarium and the availability of metabolic products.
The duration of the mass development of plant microorganisms is different. Usually, water blooms in an aquarium in bright sunlight and with strong artificial light for no longer than three weeks. In the summer, green and blue plant microorganisms predominate, in winter, silicon microorganisms.
But is the water so painted that it is harmless, as it is often said and written about? During flowering in water, an excess of oxygen is formed, which has a detrimental effect on fish, especially during breeding and in the period of feeding of fry.
With mass development, plant organisms absorb the light needed by higher plants. Sometimes when the water in the aquarium blooms, all the plants die.
To combat the flowering of water in an aquarium in several ways. In some cases, it is enough to filter the water. In others, for the destruction of very small plant microorganisms, it is recommended to launch large daphnids into the water. Reducing the temperature and reducing the light - are also very effective ways to combat the flowering of water in the aquarium.
Pick up 2 values, lamp power and the time of refining the water ...
algae, a rule like a long day and dim lighting.
the option is possible when the light enters the water from the outside, from a window, for example,
In this case, it may happen that you will not be able to lower the light level in the water.
To the desired boundary, you have to shade the water.
if fouling in aqua brown indicates a lack of lighting, green ones are the opposite.
Focusing on this pick lighting ...
Algae growth is also influenced by an excess of organic matter in the water, i.e. "dirty water ...
What to do if water has bloomed in the aquarium. 2 days already green
Prince of Wales
Water blooms because of the light flush in relation to carbon dioxide.
In addition, for the flowering of water requires the presence of nutrients - nitrates and phosphates.
Of the necessary measures: to reduce the amount of light, to adjust the supply of CO2, to replace water 50% of the volume. the next day again 50. on the third 30.
Generally you for information: in the aquarium should be present at the same time CO2, light, plant nutrition (NO3, PO4). If the balance is not kept grow algae - euglena in particular.
Cover a couple of days with a dark cloth, turn on the air as usual. With fish for three days, nothing will happen without koia and light, and then remove the bloom from the glasses (the hard side of the dishwashing sponge) and suck the sediment from the bottom.
The walls and stones bloomed in the aquarium !!!! What to do? They live there only goura silvery!
it's always like this. if the algae is green, then everything is fine. Remove with a special scraper or blade on a stick. Watch for cleanliness and do not forget to replace 20% of the water with fresh water once a week and everything will be fine. bloomed in what sense? raid or what?
Must be a good filtration of water. Every week you need to replace the water by 1/3. Then remove everything from the aquarium, rinse it, filter the water, add clean sedimentary water and put it all back into the aquarium. Do not give a lot of food, only as much as they eat at one time. Certainly riches should be
this may be normal if there are a lot of green algae. sometimes the walls are covered with green bloom, if the illumination of the aquarium. In any case, you need to boil the stones from the aquarium, clean them with a brush. the walls should also be cleaned and washed well with soda better than with the product, because if it is not completely cleaned off, then the fish will not die
more than one fish did not die from the flowering of the walls and stones)) you just have too bright light or the wrong spectrum. do not worry and just clean the walls with a scraper with a blade or a magnetic scraper, get a catfish-sticky-perfectly cleans the walls, you shouldn’t change the water, otherwise you will have a reproduction outbreak of bacteria and the water will be muddy, just change 1/3 of water and everything gourami do not litter a lot, so a good filter will cope with the cleanliness of the water, and you are scrapers with clean walls)).
Lots of light. Little "ventilation".
Part of the glass close black paper or specials. film.
Are there algae? Get snails, suckers, "kissing" gourami, etc.…
It is necessary to adjust the natural balance.
It is not necessary to change the water, it will not solve the problem, but will only aggravate it.
Only a periodic substitution of a small part.
Nooooo, listen to what you need. Gurami deposited in another container for a day. Then specials are poured into the aquarium. liquid (ask at the zoomage) and all. If you just clean them, they will appear again. I have sooo small fish, so there is no place to put out, so I have to clean it off. If you can, do better as I advised.
Need advice, the water in the aquarium has become dull-green, blossomed, what to do?
1. Put (rinse, replace with a more powerful) filter. 2. Buy and add a special additive "Aqua Safe". 3. Rearrange the aquarium so that it does not fall into direct sunlight. 4. Consult with specialists (market, store) and find a competent lighting.
It is necessary to pay attention to the lighting, perhaps the window next to it contributes.
the lighting is adjusted for a short and bright day, the algae love the long and dim ...
partially changing the water, bring in new nutrients for algae.
It is necessary to change the whole, 2nd measure, wash the filter and the plants are very high quality.
if it does not help (which is rare) - rinse the filter with hot water, boil the soil,
actually launch a new aqua.