Maintenance and care of goldfish
Goldfish are excellent pets for beginning aquarists, whose care is simple and interesting. The maintenance of this type of fish in the home has become available hundreds of years ago, this is one of the first ornamental fish that was settled in a glass tank. In China, they were kept in porcelain bowls, today unique aquascapes are created with the similarity of a natural biotope so that pets can live comfortably. How to properly care for them in the aquarium to extend their joy of life?
The rules of the settlement in the aquarium
- Buy a wide aquarium. Make sure that there is enough space for the pet in the tank. For a voile-tailed goldfish, approximately 45-90 liter aquarium is needed. The goldfish grows fairly quickly, and if you plan to provide it with proper care, buy a tank in which already mature individuals will fit, which will save you later from replacing the reservoir with a more spacious one.
Look at the well-designed goldfish aquarium.
- Place a quality filter in the tank. The goldfish is known as an avid "muddy" that leaves a lot of trash behind. Your filter is obliged to comprehensively clean the water, preferably 10 times in 60 minutes. If you have a 20-liter aquarium, you will need a filter that has the ability to pump at least 200 liters. at one o'clock. Another suitable filter that pumps more than ten times the volume of water in the tank.
- A nitrogen cycle should be established in the aquarium. You need to buy a water device with an indicator that clarifies the saturation of water on nitrites, nitrates and ammonia. Do not buy test strips, they will not provide an accurate result. Use a special liquid to eliminate chlorine in order to release toxic chlorine from the water. Line out the bottom of the aquarium with a pea-sized gravel (small volume so that the pets cannot choke). Make sure that the pebbles or gravel do not contain metal fragments, since pebbles with metal have every chance to harm creatures if the dissolution of toxic elements in water happens.
- Get a small amount of decorations and decorations. Animals would love it, and diversify their small house. Do not purchase decorations with small holes, so that the goldfish could not sit there. Take into account the size of a mature individual (sometimes they grow to the thickness of a grapefruit!), And even then set the scenery. You can add algae; goldfish like to nibble on living plants, as a rule, they are: anubias, waltz, cryptocoryne, and others.
- Buy goldfish that have a healthy appearance. Be careful with the aquarium, where there is an inanimate fish, this may indicate the symptoms of the disease or the wrong care.
- Do not launch the purchased fish immediately into the general aquarium. Leave it for a 2-week quarantine in a separately prepared container with infused water. Such a procedure will prevent fright and diseases that a fish could bring from a previous aquarium.
- Contrary to the arguments, it is not recommended to place the voile tail fish in a round tank or a nano-aquarium. There she will be uncomfortable, her vision may deteriorate. Do not settle the fish in a tropical aquarium with heat-loving fish. Goldfish is a cold-blooded animal that hails from temperate latitudes.
- After quarantine, a goldfish can be launched into an aquarium. Do not rush to run the fish in an unfamiliar aquatic environment. Upon returning home with a new resident, lower the closed polyethylene roll with the goldfish into your tank for approximately 10 minutes. This will help the fish adapt to the temperature in the tank. Following this, add a few drops of water from your aquarium to the package with the fish, and wait another ten minutes. Then with a net, transfer the fish leisurely to the aquarium. Pour the packaged water into the sink or gutter. This process not only limits the stress to the animal, but also prevents water pollution in the reservoir tank. Then schedule how to care for your pet every day.
Watch a video about goldfish content.
Terms of care and maintenance
- Feeding the fish should be carried out twice a day, flaky or granulated feed. Goldfish can still eat frozen, live, vegetable, artificial foods. Very much like peeled peas, which is useful for digestion. Vegetable food (cucumbers, zucchini, salads) finely chop to make it easy to swallow. Overfeeding pets should not be - it is dangerous to health.
- Quality maintenance and care must take into account the parameters of the aquatic environment. Test water for nitrites, ammonia and ionic hydrogen (hydrogen) pH. Ammonia should be 0, the pH should be 6.5-8.0, and the degree of nitrate is allowed below 20. If this degree is above 40, then you have a very fish-filled aquarium, or you do not replace the water at the right time! If ammonia and nitrites were detected in the water, therefore, bio-filtration in your tank has not yet been established. Permissible water temperature is 15-20 ° C.
- Caring for the tank should be conducting a weekly replacement of water. Once a week, change 30-50% of the water in the aquarium. Updating all aquarium water is dangerous for wholesome unicellular organisms that cleave fish waste. It is mandatory to do the process of dechlorination before making fresh water in the aquarium.
- Clean the gravel one in 2 weeks. Do the procedure using a vacuum gravel filter device that cleans the litter while draining the water. For tropical aquariums, it is recommended to perform this function once every 30 days, but for goldfish (there is more than enough waste from them), always provide a clean environment.
- Spend time with goldfish as often as possible. Caring for her involves constant communication and eye contact. When she gets used to you, the content of the pet will be even more beautiful. Veiltails will begin to recognize you, and when you take care of them, they will begin to recognize your hand while nursing, and not be afraid of it.
- If your goldfish happened to be on the floor, or a cat got out of the aquarium (this happens often), quickly wet your hands, and with wet hands, run the fish back into the pond. So she will not be in high stress. Be sure to cover the tank lid so that such cases do not recur.
- Keep track of the scenery in the tank. If you notice sharp corners, rotted trees, broken glass or ceramics, immediately remove them from the tank. All decorations before placing in the aquarium should be processed in boiling water.
A round aquarium can be a significant part of the interior room. Quite a lot of aquarists admitted that they acquired a round flask so that a luxurious goldfish floated in it. Of course, in reality, the aquarium turned out quite different. The idea did not appear because of the love of nature, but from the search for a spectacular interior solution.
The location of a round aquarium in a room involves the choice of an open space: on a table, on a separate stand, or mounted on a wall. A semicircular aquarium can also be fixed on the wall. The shape of the tank gives the underwater world an interesting look. From different angles of view, aquatic inhabitants and vegetation will look different.
How to make it?
Making a round aquarium requires a special approach. Aquarium is not only an interior object. Its main function is to create conditions for the life of aquatic creatures. Therefore, it is necessary to purchase special equipment for a round aquarium. Without it, the fish will not survive.
It is necessary to place a compressor, heater, filter in the flask, to provide lighting. Conventional devices will not work, they will be too allocated in the water space. When buying, you should choose models with the indication “for a round aquarium”. The shape and dimensions allow them to be placed neatly so as to spoil the appearance least of all.
Pebbles are scattered at the bottom and plants are rooted in them. Equipment for a round aquarium is hidden by plant shoots. It is advisable to choose such aquatic plants so that they do not hide the main inhabitants with their bizarre appearance. And pay special attention to the shape and size of the stones. Remember, in a round aquarium, all the details look more prominent. Therefore, any defect is immediately noticeable.
The specific shape and small volume do not allow creating thematic landscapes with large-scale decoration in the form of fragments of a ship or ruins of a castle. However, when designing a round aquarium, you can use other design techniques. For example, among the stones you can place a miniature model of a chest from a pirate ship. Or lay out a few fragments of ethnic pottery.
The main principle on which the decor of the aquarium space of this form is based is minimalism. Otherwise, for all the elements you will not be able to see the underwater inhabitants.
The lid for a round aquarium performs several functions: it prevents fish from jumping out, getting into unusual objects, protects animals from children and cats, and also serves as a place for fixing the lights. Therefore, it is better to purchase an aquarium immediately with a lid than to search for the desired model. The cover for a round aquarium can be purchased only in specialized stores. It is more difficult to find a cover only for a semicircular aquarium.
In a round container, light is refracted peculiar. According to the widespread opinion among aquarists, not all fish are able to survive in such conditions. Firstly, living beings may experience stress due to distortions of the surrounding reality, and secondly, it shortens the lifespan for nerve fish. Although the main limiter is the amount of space. Fish for a round aquarium fit only small size. Be sure to put here a little catfish, so that it clears the glass from green scurf. Neons, males, and lilies will feel great in the water. Small-sized goldfish grow badly and often get sick. The number of small fish should be maintained at the same level. Before you run neons here, you must make calculations: the number is determined by the volume of the aquarium. Overpopulation will immediately affect the health of the fish and the general appearance of the artificial reservoir. The power of equipment for the aquarium is selected in accordance with the requests of a particular group of fish.
It is better if the fish for a round aquarium will be bright, visible. For example, some species of guppy.
Cleaning a round aquarium has its own specifics. Since its volume is low, about 20% of water should be replaced every week. The water which is settled or filtered is added.
Particular attention - cleaning glasses. Experienced aquarists are advised to plant inside the animal that eats algae: catfish, snails. Glass bending does not allow the use of ordinary brushes. Therefore, craftsmen have adapted to clean up the raid with a piece of women's nylon pantyhose.
To remove fish excrement, it is necessary to use a siphon, about once every two months. In a round aquarium, the bottom shape eliminates the creation of "dead zones", so the garbage is removed especially well. Part of it accumulates in the biofilter, and the rest
removed by siphon.
Craggy aquarium on video
All devices (filter, compressor, heater) and plants are washed as they accumulate various contaminants. The main thing is to do all the work on time. Then a spherical aquarium will delight those around you with its appearance.