DRY FEED FOR AQUARIUM FISH - STORAGE TYPES CHOICE DESCRIPTION.
This feed is made from meat meal, crushed squid meat and yeast, as a source of B vitamins and protein. Soy flour and minerals with vitamins can also be added.
It has a very short shelf life after opening the package and must be consumed within a month. It is well eaten by all aquarium fish, but it is best suited to those fish that feed in the upper part of the aquarium.
Suitable for both tropical freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
Fish food in the form of chips
Actually, this food is similar to food in flakes, except that it is formed in the form of the thinnest circles. Due to this, this food less pollutes the aquarium and is better eaten by fish. Fits the vast majority of aquarium fish.
Aquarium feed pellets
Granulated food that is well suited to cichlids and other fish that prefer to feed in the middle or at the bottom of the aquarium. There is a larger fraction of this type of aquarium feed - pellets. Some brands of these feeds are able to float around the aquarium or very slowly dive.
Preformed aquarium feed
Well suited to herbivorous fish, catfish and other aquarium fish that prefer to eat from the bottom. It is a tablet of different density pressing.
Popular Aquarium Fish Feed Ingredients
When selecting an aquarium feed, it is important to look at its composition and mass fraction of nutrients, because cunning manufacturers can add different kinds of fillers to the feed to increase the weight of the feed itself and reduce the cost of its cost.
Technically, such fillers can serve as food, but their energy value is low enough, which will lead to constantly hungry fish. This will not affect their health or color, but they will always want to eat, and if they are not fed a couple of times, then plants and soil may start to suffer in the aquarium, which they will tear apart in search of food.
Low-calorie often dry food in the form of flakes, chips, and pills of unknown manufacturers sin, and therefore it is extremely important to study the mass fractions of those substances that are present in that aquarium feed that you decided to buy to your fish.
Below is a list of ingredients that will be extremely useful in the composition of the feed your fish.
It is made from all that has not gone into the usual commercial fish consumption, in other words, the crushed remains of fish of different breeds. It is a source of amino acids and, in general, a very good ingredient for the composition of the aquarium feed.
Same as fishmeal except for one moment. It also contains a pigment that enhances the brightness of the color of the fish and therefore this component is very desirable in the composition of fish food. Made from shrimp that are not suitable for human consumption for any reason.
This ingredient is valuable in high protein and also contains many vitamins and minerals. Actually, it is made of squid, their organs and other cephalopods. Able to enhance the appetite in aquarium fish, in particular.
Flour from flour and other worms that for any reason were not useful in normal production. Excellent source of protein and high vitamin D fats. Good for cichlids.
These are crushed blue-green algae, which are the most nutritious and useful ingredient in the composition of the feed. An excellent source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, beta-carotene, essential fatty acids, 8 amino acids (proteins) and minerals.
What should be avoided in the composition of feed for aquarium fish
- Wheat flour. It is a source of carbohydrates, but it is not well suited for aquarium fish.
- Soy flour. Contains a lot of protein, carbohydrates and phyto-estrogens. It is widely used enough, but there are more protein sources that are more suitable for small fish. There is nothing terrible in soy flour, but it is better to avoid it as part of an aquarium feed.
- Wheat Gluten. It is used as a binding filler and there is nothing more to say about it. Avoid.
- Potato protein. Contains a large amount of carbohydrates.
- Sorbitol It is made from corn syrup and contains a very large amount of carbohydrates.
- Inositol. Contains too much carbohydrate.
However, not only these ingredients can be useful food for fish. There are also vitamins and minerals, which are artificially added to food, but this is a topic of continuation, which will follow in the coming days.
DRY FEED VIDEO
How to cook fish delicious food
If you are serious about keeping fish, you should take care of their proper feeding. Ideally, water pets should be given live, protein and vegetable food. At home, you can do it yourself, if you know some rules for its preparation. Combining all types of food for aquarium fish, you will provide them with a full diet.
Protein feed for aquarium fish can be given as a substitute for dry and live feed. It has nutritional properties, and is much cheaper. You can cook it yourself at home.
- Heart beef. Grind on a kitchen grater in frozen form. Give for fish every few days in small portions. Flush before serving is not necessary.
- Chicken egg. This is a nutritious food, not only for fish, but also for their fry. Pour the raw egg in a bowl, stir it with a beating motion. Boil the water and pour it little by little into the resulting consistency. When infusing, stir. Cooked eggs need to catch with the help of a net, and feed them fish in small portions. You can serve hard-boiled yolk to the fish by grinding it on a grater or in a blender. Salt is not necessary.
- Fish, fresh frozen. It should be grated on or grated through a meat grinder. Put prepared mince in small bowls that can be stored for a long time in the freezer. Before serving the product, it must be thawed at room to, and feed the fish, giving small portions.
- Fish boiled. The recipe is the same as that of fresh frozen. It is better to give lean fish, cod will do.
- Shrimp meat and krill. It is necessary to boil, cool, chop finely and rinse.
- Boiled milk film. It should be given to small fish in small portions.
When cooking your own protein food, do not add salt or other types of spices. Serve such food should be in small portions, and the remnants should be immediately removed from the tank. Protein feeds have nutritional properties, but deteriorate quickly, decompose in water, and cause a bacterial outbreak in water, which can lead to negative consequences. Protein feed is very useful for predatory fish.
See how to make fish food.
Vegetable food for aquarium fish can be prepared from vegetables, herbs, bread or cereals, which have vegetable fiber. It is perfect for herbivorous species of fish. It is necessary to feed the fish in small portions, which they will master in 3-5 minutes. The uneaten leftover food must be promptly removed. Vegetable feed recipes:
- Semolina - Take 1 tbsp. semolina and fill it with boiling water, let it boil down for 20 minutes. Rinse the resulting mixture, and let the fish in small portions.
- Use stale white bread (no mildew). Crumble it, and give the fish a little.
- Cooked vegetables: carrots, broccoli, zucchini, zucchini. They should be boiled, chopped, washed. Give in small quantities.
- Grind oatmeal flakes in a blender, and brew in boiling water. Rinse the mixture.
Protein and vegetable food for aquarium fish can be served in the form of cocktails or mixtures, bringing in the "dish" protein and vegetable food in different quantities. You can prepare special recipes. For example, if you take dry nettle leaves in a chopped form, dried daphnia, mix them, and give as a nutritional supplement.
See how to make food from semolina.
How to breed live food at home
Live food needed predatory and omnivorous fish. They can be bought at pet stores in dried or frozen form. In the living, they can carry the infection. But if you plant them at home with your own hands, then the risk of bringing the disease will be minimal. The process of obtaining live food is long, but it justifies the expectations. Homemade food is safe for fish.
How to grow live crops for fish:
- Do not overdo it with nutrients. If you strongly feed the culture, it will begin to multiply rapidly. This will lead to the death of its part due to oxygen deficiency and intoxication with its own waste products.
- Regularly make water changes in containers where live food is diluted.
- You can not keep all the culture in one container. If its part dies, the other can be restored in a backup hub.
Daphnia are microscopic crustaceans that are found in reservoirs with stagnant water. It is better to catch daphnids in ponds where there is no fish, so the probability of an infection in the aquarium will be low. Daphnia caught caught in infused water with good aeration. Every day, change the fifth part of the water to fresh. Lighting should be dim. Recommended temperature: 22-25 ° C.
You can feed the crustaceans with yeast, which is picked up in a pea batch, diluted in a spoonful of water, and added to the batch in water. If the water becomes cloudy - not scary. Daphnia can also be fed cabbage juice, carrots, beets - a teaspoon per 5 liters of water. Crustaceans are very useful for aquariums - they quickly clear them from water blooming. In winter, they serve as food for fry.
Drosophila flies - are very easy to get divorced, as they are found in every home where there is a spoiled product. To dilute them, place in a closed razvodnik (glass jar) fruit puree, mixed with yeast and oatmeal. The first insects will crawl out in 3 days, and in a week they will be enough to feed the fish.
How to feed aquarium fish
In order to understand how many times a day it is necessary to feed aquarium fish, it is necessary to understand the peculiarities of their nutrition in their natural habitat. All types of fish borrowed from their natural ancestors taste preferences and diet. What do all the fish usually eat?
- Herbivores - these fish have a long digestive system, which indicates the habit of often eating small portions. In their natural habitat, they eat algae, plants, fruits, and seeds.
- Carnivores - have a large stomach, so they eat a lot, but not as often as herbivores. In nature, these fish eat dead animals, small fish, insects, invertebrates, birds, amphibians.
- Omnivorous - the diet of these fish several times a day, they prefer both vegetable and protein foods.
See how to make vegetable food for aquarium fish.
According to the diet and diet, their aquarium fish need to be given such food that suits them. Typically, domestic fish fed live, frozen, dry, vegetable food, which is sold in stores. It is important that food be varied and rich in healthy vitamins and minerals.
Live food should be given to carnivorous and omnivorous fish. This is a bloodworm, a pipe worker, a daphnia, a coretera, an infusorium, a rotifer, a gammarus. They must be stored in the freezer, they quickly deteriorate. Fish fry need to be grown on live food, due to protein, they become resistant to diseases. Also, as a live feed, small fishes are served with veal, minced fish, chicken meat, liver, invertebrate meat, chicken eggs. Vegetable food is necessary for herbivorous and omnivorous fish - these can be vegetables, fruits, algae, plants, cereal porridge.
Once a week, the fish are satisfied with a fasting day, or a mini-hunger strike. It cleans the intestines, eliminates the effects of overeating, helps to heal sick fish. In the natural environment, fish can live without food for a long time, so a one-day hunger strike will not harm them.
About the regime of feeding in captivity
To feed the fish you need so that they do not overeat, and were full of food. Diet depends on the age of the pet and the characteristics of its digestive system. Adults usually eat 2 times a day, which is enough for them. Youngsters aged 1-2 months should eat 4 times a day. And fry up to one month old need to be fed every 3-6 hours. During the spawning period, the fish should be given less food, sometimes not feeding the first few days after breeding. Two weeks before spawning, producers, on the contrary, should correctly produce more live food.
No matter how many fish you keep, you need to give them all the food at the same time. Begin in the morning, an hour after turning on the lights. The last feeding should occur 2 hours before the lighting is turned off. The question of novice aquarists is how much food to give, and how often? Give us enough food so that they can eat it in 5 minutes. Do not feed often, but in small portions, so that they completely swallow them. Unfinished leftovers can be removed with a net to avoid rotting.
Feed pellets depend on the age and size of the fish. Juveniles should eat food that does not exceed the size of their eyes. Dry food in the form of granules, flakes and tablets is recommended to be ground to dust. Adult fish like to grab larger particles of food, they do not eat dust. In order for all the inhabitants of the household water body to be satisfied with feeding, install special feeders for dry and live food in the tank. Of these, food is not frayed, and pets can eat it calmly.
See how to properly feed dry fish aquarium fish.
How to feed fish
There are general feeding rules for all fish that need to be followed constantly:
- Properly feed the fish with the food that is right for them, consider the physiological characteristics of all species living in the general aquarium.
- Do not overfeed your pets - give food not too often, in small portions.
- For aquarium fish, the best nutrition is a variety of foods.
- No matter how much food you put in the tank, remove the remnants of it after the meal.
- The number of meals should correspond to the size and age of the fish.
- Do not feed the fish immediately after turning on the light, or before bedtime.
- In the diet of aquarium fish should be natural food, and not just artificial, purchased.
What should get the fish from the feed received
How many times a week should a fish eat, and what portion of nutrients does it need to receive from food? It all depends on individual calculations. Carnivorous and omnivorous fish can be fed according to this scheme:
- The first day of the week - dry food of the first type (chips or pellets) once a day.
- The second - dry food of the second type, 1 time per day.
- The third - live food (for example, artemia or bloodworms), 1 time per day.
- The fourth - dry food of the first type, 2 times a day.
- Fifth - dry or vegetable food, 2 times a day.
- The sixth is live food (the pipe-worker, daphnia) and vegetable food.
- The seventh - unloading diet.
Feeding in an aquarium can be made differently, and you can make your own scheme. Be sure to alternate between dry, live and vegetable food. If the fish is herbivorous, it should eat only vegetable and dry food (spirulina tablets). Do not forget about the vitamins that should receive a pet for a full life. If you buy food of famous brands, look at the composition, it indicates all the trace elements and vitamins that the fish will receive after eating.
- Vitamin A is needed for cell division, in particular in fry and young. Lack of this component can cause growth retardation, curvature of the spine and deformation of the fins, and constant stress.
- Vitamin E - plays an important role in the development of the reproductive system.
- Vitamin D3 is essential for the development and growth of the skeletal system.
- Vitamins of group B (thiamine - B1, riboflavin - B2, cyanocobalamin - B12) are necessary for the normalization of metabolic processes in the body.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is involved in the formation of bone system and teeth, strengthens the immune system, improves metabolism.
- Vitamin H (biotin) - is required for proper cell formation.
- Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin, it is required for the synthesis of proteins, provides blood clotting.
- Vitamin M (B9, folic acid) - develops the immune system, the circulatory system. Improves scales color.
- Vitamin B4 (choline) - required for fish growth, synthesizes the amount of sugar in the blood.
Features of plant food for fish
Plant foods are foods that contain high levels of fiber. The most common plants for feeding fish: ambulia, duckweed, riccia, wallisneria, wolfia, water fern and others. Also, fish can be fed vegetables: zucchini, cucumbers, pumpkin, broccoli, beans. Before serving, it should be cleaned, chopped. Fish food can be purchased from trusted vendors, or raised at home.
Features and benefits of plant foods
Plant food is perfect for herbivores and omnivores. Catfish, goldfish, angelfish, African cichlids, tooth-tooth need leaves and vegetables. Wolfia plant food is loved by all aquarium fish that are not indifferent to fiber. Wolffia is a small green balls with a diameter of 1 mm.
There are seven varieties of wolf, but more often wolfia is found without roots. It is enriched with a vitamin complex, which is necessary for the full development of aquarium fish. In the natural environment, wolfia is rarely found, but it can be grown in a specially prepared tank with water, or buy it in small quantities before feeding homemade fish.
In addition to algae and water grass, aquarium fish can be fed salad and spinach. Salad should be scalded with boiling water and finely chopped. Leaves can be prepared in advance, and given to food for fish a little later. You can dry the leaves in a dark place, leaving them there until winter. Dried salad is easily pounded, and served in food in a ground form. Dandelion leaves are a popular fish food in our country. It is collected in nature, in environmentally friendly places.
Nettle leaves, plantain grow well in spring and summer, and are most useful in these seasons. At any time of the year, fish can be given food in the form of cabbage leaves. They, like lettuce leaves, need to be scalded with boiling water and finely chopped. Vegetable fodder also includes cereals (porridges), which are boiled in water without salt and other flavor enhancers.
See how to cook nettles for feeding fish.
Fish should not be given sharp vegetable food or spices. They are extremely harmful to their health, and can lead to adverse outcome. Sour vegetables or fruits are also not useful in large quantities. If you are a beginner aquarist, and do not know what to give your fish, buy green peas. Pets will eat it in minutes, besides, it has a beneficial effect on the bowels. Green peas in boiled form are needed for goldfish. Due to the fact that their body is deformed and slightly compressed along with the internal organs, they are characterized by constipation and related diseases.
Cucumbers and zucchini - vegetables that love many types of fish. They are suitable as feed for the daily diet. Cucumbers and zucchini should be peeled, washed, cut into small pieces and boil a little. Some fish will not give up boiled pumpkin - it contains vitamin A and vitamins B, C, D. In addition to fish, plant food is adored by snails.
Spirulina is another kind of blue-green algae that is used to feed fish. Spirulina is found in warm freshwater reservoirs, where acidic water. It contains a large amount of vitamin B12, vitamins A, E and C. It is easily absorbed in the digestive tract of fish, stimulating its motility. Needed in the diet of herbivorous fish that are constantly in need of fiber. If there is 10-20% spirulina in the original vegetable feed, it can be considered qualitative and useful. These algae provide health, bright color, strong immunity.
Once a week for fish you need to arrange a fasting day. One day of lack of food does not harm health, and will help the body recover. But just at the end of the unloading day pets can be given vegetable food. But you can give the fish food in the morning. If pets receive food twice a day, it is allowed to give vegetable food in the afternoon or evening. Omnivorous and herbivorous fish should receive fiber daily.
Watch a video about vegetable fish food.
Methods of cooking vegetable dressing
In any plant food there are enough nutritional components that will help prevent intestinal diseases in fish, because plants contain natural fibers. Varieties of vegetables that are common in our latitudes: carrots, beets, potatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, pumpkin, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers. Listed can be served fresh and washed, and others - after heat treatment in boiling water.
It is recommended to prepare cucumbers as follows: wash, treat with boiling water, cut into pieces, attach to the stone and lower to the bottom. Get a great food for bottom catfish and antsistrusov. They quickly cope with the cucumber pulp, after the meal the stone is better to remove from the aquarium. For fishes that swim in the upper and middle layers of the reservoir, it is better to give the cucumber in a ground form, putting it in a feeder with dry food.
Somiki also love broccoli (its upper part is lighter). Vegetables are cut into pieces, boiled in water for 30-40 seconds, cooled and served to pets. In this way, you can cook and zucchini. Vegetables are cut into rings, boiled for half a minute in boiling water, cooled and served to fish. Another favorite aquarium fish food is green beans. They are boiled, cooled, crushed and immersed in water. Such a treat like snails, and it can be used as an additional bait.
How to choose dry food for aquarium fish :: aquarium fish than to feed :: Aquarium fish
How to choose dry food for aquarium fish
Novice aquarists often wonder: what to feed their pets? In addition to live food (moths, tubers, live crustaceans, etc.), dry food is particularly popular due to the fact that such food is immediately usable and can be stored according to the shelf life indicated on the package.
The question "opened a pet shop. Business is not going. What to do?" - 2 answers
1. Keep in mind that dry feeds for aquarium fish differ in a number of grounds: in terms of habitat, in the area where fish are kept (demersal fish living near the surface or in the middle zone), in terms of therapeutic effects (normal and curative), by type of fish .
2. For catfish and bottom fish, choose bars or dense food that can sink to the very bottom. Predatory fish, cichlids like to eat food in the form of balls, saturated with air, which are located near the surface of the water. The males, guppies, gourami, ornatus and other fish spend most of their time in the middle part of the aquarium, so choose for them pellets or flakes that will gradually sink to the bottom. For young fish, use fry food.
3. If your aquarium live fish of different species, then buy a few bags of food with herbal supplements. You can alternate feed or mix them and feed the fish the resulting mass.
4. Also consider the type of fish that inhabit your tank. Conventional feed is suitable for freshwater fish, while for marine fish it is necessary to purchase special feed.
5. If necessary, and on the recommendation of experts, you can apply a medical feed that contains antibiotics, used if the fish have bacterial diseases. Use medicated feed with caution in the complex treatment of fish.
6. Purchase dry food only in small portions. In the event that you are the owner of a large aquarium or aquatic system, then choose food in large banks. It is better to avoid buying dry fish food by weight, because Such feeds may be stored out of date.
7. If you have to leave your pets for the weekend alone, then for such cases, use the feed for the weekend, which you will find in any specialized store. Such food is cubes, soaking gradually, and the inhabitants of the aquarium can eat it for several days.
How and how much to feed the fish
HOW AND HOW MUCH TO FEED A FISH?
One of the most important question for any living thing on the Planet is the question of food. Alas, for some reason, in most cases, with respect to aquarium fish, people forget about it and believe that having filled them with a pinch of daphnia or other food, this will be quite enough for their normal existence. However, it is not!The diet of any pet should be varied and correct. For example, people buy kittens and dogs for dry food, meat, chicken and milk with sour cream. Moreover, they give vitamins and other supplements. The same should be the aquarium pets. Their diet should be balanced. A beginner aquarist should not be afraid of "scary words": live food, freezing, live dust. No need to think that all this needs to get, grind and cook. Everything is much easier than it seems! And in this I will try to convince you.
Various feeding fish - the key to successAll aquarium fish can be divided into: carnivorous, herbivorous and omnivorous. This gradation of fish can be further broken down into: phytophages, limnofagof, malakofagi, ichthyophages, parasitic ..., but the essence of the gradation remains the same, so we will not focus on this.
Most aquarium fish are omnivorous. That is, their diet should include both vegetable and "meat" - protein food. From this statement we can make a logical conclusion that feeding the fish with one type of food will not bring anything to good. Not getting enough of the necessary nutrients the fish become sluggish, their immunity decreases, the body becomes unable to resist the pathogenic flora, the fish get sick and die. A very good example is the research of ichthyologists, who have established that even unpretentious, viviparous guppies stop giving birth with regular and monotonous feeding them only with dry food.
Here is the table, the content of components in the feed for different groups of fish:
Group of fish
more than 45%
UNCLEAR LEARNINGS OF FEEDING FISHES First, you need to read and study the literature about your fish. Find out their taste preferences and behavioral characteristics.
Having repulsed from the received information, it is necessary to select the appropriate dry feed, which can be divided into groups:
Flakes, plates (for feeding fish floating on the surface and in the water column)
Pellets (for larger fish)
Tablets (sinking food for catfish and other bottom fish)
mixedThere are other specialized fish food that are sold to pet stores, for example, to improve the color of fish or special food for a certain type of fish, for example, "Discus menu".
Based on my own experience, I want to advise you to take several types of feed at once and mix them in one can. This is due to the fact that aquariums usually contain different types of fish that require different feeding. Mixing dry food of the same form, we get a kind of mix that is suitable for all fish.
When purchasing feed, you should also pay attention to the shelf life and packing density of the feed. This should be done due to the fact that over time, dry food loses its properties, and if packaging is violated (storage conditions), pathogenic flora will generally form in the food. Also, one should give preference to feeds of well-known trademarks, for example, TM Sera or Tetra.
SecondlyWhen feeding aquarium fish you should not forget about vitamins, which are used as an additive to feed.
Vitamin A - necessary for cell growth, especially for fry and juveniles. Lack of this vitamin leads to slow growth and curvature of the back and fins. Also, vitamin A reduces stress.
Vitamin D3 - participates in the development of the skeletal system.
Vitamin E - necessary for the reproductive system of fish. Vitamins A and E are used together because they are ineffective without each other.
Vitamins of group B (B1 - thiamine, B2 - riboflavin, B12) - normalize fish metabolism.
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - forms teeth and bones, is involved in metabolism.
Vitamin H (biotin) - needed for cell development.
Vitamin M - lack of folic acid is expressed in the darkening of the color of the fish, they become sluggish.
Vitamin K - needed for the circulatory system.
Choline - needed for normal growth, as well as regulates the sugar content in the blood.
As a recommendation, you can recommend the following products:
Sera fishtamin - emulsified multi-vitamin preparation for strengthening fish during and after diseases, after settling in a new aquarium, for breeding and for enriching the feed for fry with vitamins. sera fishtamin is also suitable for strengthening pond fish before and after hibernation.
It can be added directly to the aquarium water. However, it is better to add 6-7 drops to 1 fish in the feed a few minutes before feeding.
1. During the illness and after recovery of the fish, fishtamine should be added daily directly to the aquarium at the rate of: 6-7 drops per 50 liters of water. Aquarium lighting is desirable to turn off.
2. After possible stresses, such as transportation, placing fish in a crowded aquarium or in cases when incompatible types of fish are in the same aquarium, as well as with each water change, you need to add Fishtamin in the amount of 4-6 drops to feed. Fishtamine is added directly to the feed, which quickly absorbs the drug and after a short period of time can be used to feed your fish.
Fishtamine can be added directly to the aquarium at the rate of: 6-7 drops per 50 liters of water. It is advisable to turn off the aquarium lighting.
3. After relocating new fish to the aquarium, you need to quickly add Fishtamine directly to the aquarium from the calculation: 6-7 drops per 50 liters of water.
4. In order to breed, it is necessary to add Fishtamine before the spawning process begins and within ten days after the process starts directly to the fish feed at the rate of: 4-6 drops per 50 liters of water. It is necessary to wait some time until the drug is absorbed into the feed and then feed.
5. To improve the growth of fry, it is necessary to add Fishtamine directly to Micron, Micropan, Micrograin or Artemia solution once every two days, mix quickly and give enriched feed to the young fish. The daily dose of fishtamine can vary from one to five drops and depends on the amount of feed and the number of fry.
6. To enrich the frozen live feed with vitamins, immediately before feeding, add Fishtamine to feed at the rate of: three to four drops for each portion of feed after it is thawed. It is necessary to wait some time until the drug is absorbed into the feed and then feed.
7. To create optimal conditions for the existence of pond fish in late autumn, as long as the fish take food, and also in early spring, as soon as the fish begin to take food; for prophylaxis, as well as during the treatment of fish from viral diseases, fishtamine should be added daily for three weeks in a volume of 10-12 drops directly to the feed of pond fish. It is necessary to wait some time until the drug is absorbed into the feed and then feed.
Content of additives per 1 ml:
Vitamin A 500 I.E.
Vitamin B1 2.00 mg
Vitamin B2 2.00 mg
Vitamin B6 2.00 mg
Vitamin B12 2.00 mcg
Vitamin C 55.00 mg
Vitamin D3 100 I.E.
Vitamin E 5.00 mg
Vitamin K3 1.00 mg
Nicotinic acid 10.00 mg
Calcium Pantothenate 5.00 mg
Folic acid 0.50 mg
Tetra vital - provides the fish with vital energy and health, as well as a natural color.
Tetra Vital contains essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements characteristic of the natural habitat. Their content in the aquarium decreases with time, and tap water is not able to compensate for the loss. Thanks to Tetra Vital, you can create an almost identical natural habitat for fish, where they will be provided with comfortable conditions and a brighter color.
- Natural B vitamins are used to increase the vitality of fish and combat stress
- Magnesium provides good health and promotes healthy growth.
- Panthenol cares for fish mucous membranes
- Iodine contributes to the preparation of fish for spawning, as well as successful spawning.
- Vital trace elements help to avoid problems associated with their deficiency
- Promotes the growth of plants and microorganisms
- Suitable for any freshwater aquariums
To enhance the action of Tetra Vital, use Tetra AquaSafe.
Instructions for use. Shake well before use. Add 5 ml of Tetra Vital to 10 liters of aquarium water every 4 weeks. In case of severe stress, it is recommended to double the dose.
Thirdly, the most important trick! This use of live and frozen feed.
Live food is a variety of mosquito larvae, small crustaceans and all kinds of worms that are used in feeding fish. The most popular of them are: bloodworm, artemia, sap, daphnia, tubule, rotifers, gammarus.
Live food is the most useful and natural food for fish, providing them with all the necessary microelements. Such feed is recommended to be used in conjunction with other types of feed and given 2-3 times a week.
The composition of some organisms used as live food Nowadays, especially in megacities and large cities, it is difficult to find high-quality live food for fish. It is also worth noting that, along with live food, it is possible to bring "contagion" into the aquarium - pathogenic bacteria, fungi and viruses. Therefore, you should always be careful with live food, it is better to grow it yourself and rinse thoroughly before serving. Knowing that many aquarists, especially the fair sex, do not like and are even afraid to mess with worms and larvae, I can recommend an interesting and even fascinating way of extracting live food Sera artemia-mix - Ready mix for growing Nauplii Artemia. Nauplii (cubs) of brine shrimp (Artemia) is a great delicacy for fry of all species of fish. Adult fish and many invertebrates also greedily eat nauplii and adult shrimps. Artemia-mix is a ready-to-use product. All you have to do is pour the contents of the bag into 500 ml of water and air it. With this set, even people who have no experience in breeding live food can grow nauplii. The biological value of nauplii becomes even higher, due to the use of sea salt rich in minerals in sera Artemia-mix.Artemia eggs from the great salt lakes of the state of Utah (USA) are used in the sera Artemia-mix - especially high quality.
Here is a detailed video of how to grow nauplii
Well, for those who do not want to mess around with live food at all, there is a ready-made live food freeze. Frost for fishB - it is ready-to-use, frozen and packaged live food. The beauty of it lies in the fact that you do not need to "get", you only need to get a cube of frozen food and throw it into the fish feeder.
+ such feed, manufacturers process it and monitor its purity. The probability to bring "contagion" in the aquarium is small.
- as a result of processing, the beneficial properties of the feed are lost.
Note: Before serving, it is desirable to freeze it to thaw (10-15 min.)
And finally, the fourth trick - the food from our table. Here, look, please, the video posted by our moderator, Esta, about how her cichlids eat a leaf of lettuce.
Charming is not true! Many fish, especially cichlids, respect the greens: lettuce, spinach, scalded cabbage leaves, cucumber, and even carrots. Many people know that keeping African cichlids with live aquarium plants is almost impossible. Nevertheless, they need plant food. And such a leaf of lettuce, once or twice a week, is an excellent way out for tsikhlovykh.
Also, by the example of a user of our site Qper, it is worth highlighting the question of protein mixes made by yourself. For his precious and beloved cichlids, he cooks and gives the following mince once a week:
- BEEF HEART, CLEARED FROM FILM;
- FILET OF TILIP (PANGASIUS);
- SALMARA FILLET;
- SHEETS SALTA;
Here is such an appetizing pate! There are a lot of similar recipes and, if you wish, you can easily find them on the Internet. The main thing is that in this way you can and should feed the fish.
You can make only one important remark about feeding fish like mince - you should try to exclude (minimize) the meat of warm-blooded animals from them. The food system of fish is not able to digest such meat, because of which it can develop pathogenic flora and as a result of the disease. Minced meat containing warm-blooded animals should be given rarely as a delicacy.
How many times and how often to feed the fish?Based on the fact that feeding fish should be balanced and diverse, it is possible to derive an approximate component of the amount of feed needed for fish.
If we talk about one-time feeding, then any food (dry or live) should be eaten by fish in 3-5 minutes. After this time, the feed should not be in the aquarium, and the more he should not fall for hours at the bottom.
Per day you can feed the fish 1-2 times. I personally feed once, because I think that undernourishment is better than overfeeding. Feeding is desirable to carry out either in the morning, after 15 minutes. after turning on the aquarium lighting and in the evening for 3-4 hours before bedtime. If there are “night residents” in the aquarium, as a rule, these are bottom catfish (bag-tabernacles, agamixes, etc.), then for them the food is thrown “at dusk”, i.e. when the light is turned off and all the "day" fish have gone to bed.
How much to feed the fish a week? Here, too, everything is conditional and individual. I offer an example of my feeding scheme:
Monday - dry food 1, once a day;
Tuesday - dry food 2, once a day;
Wednesday - live food, or bloodworm or artemia;
Thursday - dry food 1, twice a day;
Friday - dry food 2, twice a day;
Saturday - live food + duckweed;
Sunday - fasting day;
As you can see, feeding fish is quite diverse. Firstly, various mixtures of dry feed are used, secondly, dry food alternates with live ones, and plant food is given once a week.
And necessarily, once a week, a fasting day is arranged, i.e. when fish are not fed at all. Such a day, you need to arrange necessarily, it is harmless and even very useful for the health of fish and the aquarium as a whole.
Hope the article was helpful for you! Of course, you will not immediately cover all the issues in one article, so we will be glad to talk with you on the forums.