How much and how to defend the water for the aquarium?
Why defend the water in the aquarium for fish, and how much benefit will this procedure bring? Such questions are often asked by novice home-water lovers and more experienced razvodchiki. In fact, settling is a necessary measure to prepare the aquarium for launch, because no matter how much you clean the scenery and glass of the tank, water is its main component, a living environment where both visible and microscopic creatures will live and develop. objects. Therefore, the process of settling involves the study of the rules for the preparation of different types of water.
How to prepare an aquarium with tap water
The easiest and cheapest way to stock up on water is to use tap water in the tank. It is available to almost everyone, suitable for any freshwater aquarium. For fish, it is not harmful if it is properly defended. If a quality water purifier from the tap is not installed in your home, you should not immediately pour the liquid that you have collected into the tank. Compounds of chlorine that are in the water need to be weathered for several days. Why do this? To protect the fish and plants from poisoning and premature death.
You can dial the water in glass jars directly from the tap, and leave it for 3-4 days, covered with gauze. All volatile compounds will evaporate and the liquid will become colorless and free from chemical compounds. It is necessary to check the collected water for smell and color. Chlorinated water smells sharp, has a milky white color.
See how to carefully pour the distilled water into the aquarium.
About water from other aquariums
Water from their other aquarium can be useful - it has a long-established microflora and biological balance. For fish it is a reliable source of trace elements that are beneficial in terms of recovery. However, without knowing the history of another aquarium, it would be correct to find out what freshwater fish lived in it, what it was sick with, and what quality its water was. You can ask this question from the owners of the reservoir, or conduct observations on their own. For the experiment you need only a few days, some free time, and, of course, old water.
Pour the liquid into a clean glass tank, let it stand in it for several days. Noticing cloudiness, precipitation - you know, it is not entirely safe. It is possible to pour a part of such water into an unprepared aquarium with plants. If their appearance has deteriorated - a sure sign that the fish should not live in a pond with such water. But the best way is to start a tank with new water on your own, or to seek help from trusted distributors.
Reverse osmosis and deionization
Settling of water with its subsequent preparation for the aquarium is possible using the method of reverse osmosis and deionization. These are two ways in which you can cleanse and defend a liquid. Each of these processes helps to remove impurities and any particles that may be in the water. Ionization neutralizes pH, eliminating various ions that could remain in the water. However, the resulting water is clean, but potentially dangerous - it does not preserve its biological properties, which is dangerous for fish. No matter how much she praised her crystal purity, she bears the risk because she changed the pH level, alkalinity and hardness.
Deionized water removes beneficial salts and trace elements that are needed for fish and plants. Such water is obtained as a result of deep purification by reverse osmosis, or ion exchange. In the process of pressure, water is passed through a semi-permeable shell from a more concentrated to a less concentrated solution. The shell skips the solution, but does not miss the components dissolved in it.
Sometimes this water is mixed with infused tap water, but you need to be careful.
Watch a video about the reverse osmosis system.
About softened water
Softened water is sometimes useful for fish that need to live in water with certain parameters. Softened water can be obtained for some time, if you defend it 4-5 days, and adding to it the impurities that change the parameters (peat, wood). Softeners need to buy in stores, do not need to mine them yourself. Settling water with the right ingredients will be beneficial for some fish.
What to do with bottled water?
How long should you defend bottled water for an aquarium? She does not require insisting. Bottled liquid, although it is credible, is not useful for fish, because its pH level does not match the standard, and it is free from many trace elements that can “revive” the reservoir. How much such water do not use - even in conjunction with an infused tap it is not very effective. Often, the parameters of such water are completely unknown. Often, vitamins, flavors, preservatives, and even colorants are added to it to maintain a crystal clear appearance. All this is destructive to the health of the fish.
Reservoir with defended rainwater
Rainwater is also used in a fish tank. Previously, such water was used in food, but nowadays it is not particularly useful (except for that which falls in ecologically clean regions). It contains impurities of toxic substances and parasites, therefore upholding and powerful filtration are necessary. Rainwater may contain substances that are not washed out of the air. Pollution from pipes, gutters, pipelines, roofs and other surfaces from which it has flowed into it.
For aquarium needs, rainwater is not always suitable - improper treatment of the fluid hurts the fish. How much time will it take to settle the rain? After drawing water into a clean glass container, install a powerful filter in it, after treating the liquid for several hours. After cleaning, leave the water for a few days in a cool place. However, the risk from such water is high - its application is possible only after laboratory research.
How much to defend the water for the aquarium?
In a pressing and always relevant question for aquarists, how much to defend water for an aquarium, opinions differ considerably. Some insist that the water must be defended to a few weeks, others - that the maximum day. Let's try to understand the problem in more detail.
Let's start with a consideration of why defend water for an aquarium.
Water, be it tap or well, contains impurities, which can be divided into:
Solid is a variety of precipitation that falls after several hours of settling. It can be clay from a well, rust from old pipes, limestone from hard water. Liquid - chloramines, ammonia, nitrites dissolved in water. Gaseous - used in the purification of tap water ozone, chlorine.
The sedimentation of water, in theory, should lead to the fact that solid impurities will precipitate, and liquid and gaseous - will evaporate. In the case of gaseous impurities, it is important to know how to defend the water for the aquarium correctly. Since the gases evaporate from the surface of the liquid, it is necessary to ensure the maximum possible area of this surface, that is, to pour water into the pots and evaporation, and in no case cover them so that the gases have room to evaporate. Gases will leave the water for a day.
Let's move on to how to defend the water for the aquarium, if it contains solid precipitation. The shape of the vessel, which will be poured liquid, it does not matter. The main thing is to carefully pour from it already defended water. The duration of the precipitation will be several hours.
In the presence of liquid impurities, it does not matter how much the water for an aquarium settles - to clear them of water, without resorting to special chemicals, it is impossible.
So those who advise for reinsurance for weeks to defend the water are wrong. In addition, dust accumulates on the surface of such water, and the liquid itself can simply stagnate and cloud.
About water preparation
Novice aquarists are interested in how to prepare water for an aquarium. It is necessary to clean the water by settling at least from solid impurities, but before using it you will still need to add special cleansers. It is also necessary to measure pH and temperature. To measure the pH level, stock up on paper indicators. To increase the level of pH will help ordinary baking soda, lower - peat.
In order not to waste time on settling and measuring the acid-base balance, you can take distilled water for the aquarium, but it is recommended to do this only as a last resort and with a small volume of the aquarium. Do not abuse distilled water: it contains not only harmful, but also useful for the inhabitants of the aquarium impurities.
How to defend water for an aquarium :: Settling water for an aquarium :: Care and nurture
How to defend water for the aquarium
Water is the cradle of life. We are all familiar with this statement, but in the course of our evolution we learned to use such water, which is able to kill some living creatures - such as aquarium fish. In principle, any drinking water can be used for aquariums, but by no means mineral water. However, only after preliminary preparation and settling. How to defend water for aquariumso that the fish live and multiply in it? There are some simple rules.
The question "HOW baby to retrain to go to the tray (she is 4 months)?" - 3 answers
You will need
- Water tank
1. The first thing to remember is that any fresh water — from a tap, a well, or a fish well — is not suitable. Tap water most often has a large proportion of impurities, including a large amount of chlorine. Water from a well or well is too hard. And in any case - fresh water is always not the temperature that is necessary for the life of fish. In principle, a small amount of water, if it is not chlorinated in your area, can be poured into the aquarium without prior preparation. However, it will be better to defend it.
2. What else waterexcept tap, can be used for aquariums? If you take a lake or river to fill in the aquarium waterthen before use it must be heated to a temperature of +70 degrees to destroy unwanted microorganisms. City rain or snow is not suitable for aquariums, as it contains a large amount of harmful impurities. The application of rain or snow water from the countryside is possible, but it should be filtered.
3. How to defend water? Pour water for aquarium in a large container with a wide neck and top with gauze. Defend water within a few days to two weeks. The time of settling depends on the quality of water in the region where you live. During this period, the harmful impurities in the water will decompose or evaporate. If you have just purchased an aquarium, then for the first time water can defend it. And besides that you get defended waterYou also ensure that the aquarium is not leaking.
4. How to determine that the water has settled down sufficiently? First try to replace not all water in the aquarium at once, but only one third. If the fish after such a replacement feel normal - try to replace water wholly. Watch the fish. Some aquarists go to the trick and change water first run inexpensive fish. And only in the case of their well-being - let the rest.
5. And finally, the last piece of advice, how to determine that water is settling well: smell water functioning dwelling for small fishes. If it smells nice freshness - everything is fine. If the smell is unpleasant - it means something in the aquarium is wrong. Among the reasons for the unpleasant smell, except for water, which was incorrectly defended, non-compliance with the rules of care for the aquarium and dirty soil.
How long does it take to defend the water for the aquarium (tap water)?
Tap water for the aquarium should be defended for at least 2-3 days, so that the chlorine is completely out. But not in the light, otherwise the walls of the aquarium will quickly bloom and the water will become completely unsuitable for the aquarium.
For 4-6 hours, chlorine does not completely come out and in fish gradually from such water chlorine poisoning will begin with a frequent fatal outcome. Chlorine primarily burns the gills.
If you defend less than three days, on some sensitive fish appear white spots on the edges of the fins and tail. This is from chlorine. Neons and other sensitive fish are often subject to this. If the water will cost more than a week or two, then it starts to turn sour. It may appear bubbles when rocking the container. This water is no longer suitable for the Gulf, especially if it stood in the sun. To accelerate the weathering of chlorine can be put in a container of oxygen (from the compressor).
I have 5 aquariums and already had the sad experience of pouring water, settled less than 2 days. It is good that the fish did not die, and their fins and tails were only burned a little. Neons departed the longest. as they got the most, although besides them there were a lot of fish in aquariums. Crayfish and shrimps were not affected.
What kind of garbage is written here by people who have never done a water analysis. As such, chlorine in water is not (chlorine - poisonous gas is heavier than air) Hypochlorides will decompose for months.
Water is defended to release the dissolved gases, mainly the NITROGEN of the air.
Accordingly, in winter, when the water is cold and the gas dissolved in the water is more - they stand for a day (we look at the vessel walls - as the bubbles cease to increase), in the summer - less. up to 4 hours.
How much water should be defended to run the fish? aquarium from scratch
About 10 days. It's not about water, you can save it with air conditioning directly from chlorine and other impurities, but from bio-balance.
"The first day.
1. Install the aquarium on the stand, install the cover and turn on the aquarium lamps to ensure that they work. Lighting you need only a week, but in the work of electrical equipment you need to make sure in advance. In addition, you need the light for laying the ground and forming the design of the aquarium.
2. Wash the aquarium with soda or other non-toxic detergent. Do not use household chemicals for washing. If the aquarium is small, you can fill it, rinse without chemistry and drain the water.
3. Install equipment (usually a filter, compressor, heater) and check its operation.
4. Pour the soil. If an irregular tab is needed - do it on an empty aquarium - then it will be more difficult. If you have a heavy decor with sharp edges, it is advisable to put plexiglass or polystyrene on the bottom before backfilling.
5. Install the stones and snags.
6. Install and decorate the air compressor filters and tubes.
7. Install a thermometer.
8. Fill the aquarium with cold water. To prevent soil erosion, put a saucer on the bottom of the aquarium and pour water on it with a not too strong stream. If you use a hose to fill the water, the shower nozzle will not be superfluous. You can add special conditioners to improve water quality, but do not think that they will quickly prepare the water. Air conditioners will bind harmful substances and heavy metals, but they will not populate your aquarium with the necessary bacteria in the required quantity.
9. Turn on the filter, turn on the compressor and thermostat. Set the thermostat to the required temperature in the future.
10. Do not turn on the light!
11. Do not plant plants, mollusks and fish in any case!
Day two and three - monitor the operation of the equipment.
Fourth-seventh day - you can plant simple plants (rogolotnik, elodeya, etc.) and invertebrates. Fish can not be planted.
Light can be turned on for 3-5 hours per day. (If you have already planted plants, then you need)
In case of turbidity of water, do not take any action - the nitrogen cycle is being installed
Seven or ten days - we plant some first-mover fish (unpretentious live-bears, danios, and so on)
We expose the light in the normal mode (usually 10-12 hours a day)
Observe and control, feed the fish to a minimum.
10-15 days - we wait a little more in the same mode.
Day 15 - we land the remaining population, which was assumed, but not the whole bunch at once, but in parts.
We plant the remaining plants
Feed the fish in normal mode. This is where the initial launch process can be considered complete. It remains to learn to care for the aquarium and enjoy the contemplation of the hand-made world) "
How many need to defend the water for the aquarium?
Watching what kind of water. if from the tap, then 2-3 days if from the filter, then you do not need to defend. Defend need to chlorine eroded. If the replacement of water in akvas, then defend, if at the start of a new aquas, then you can fill it up, it should still be a week without fish.
For topping up or replacement, it is enough that the water just warms up, does not cause a temperature shock. I, if I substitute 10-15%, pour all out of the tap! To run the aquarium, the water must stand when the equipment is turned on for 5-7 days, if you add "old" soil and water, and for 15 days, if you start it from scratch. There are a lot of nuances, it depends on the size of the banks, the intended population, equipment ... If the water in your city is chlorinated, you need to stand for at least three days, you can heat up to 70 degrees, cool and fill. Many options!
How much water should I insist for the aquarium?
Duration depends on the quality of water and the amount of chlorine in it in particular.Our tap water can be limited to 3 hours, and that is if for changing the water in the aquarium, and if in the aquarium with the pump, then I would have had an hour. As for you, I don’t know ... I think that a day will be enough anyway.
If the volume of water is less than 40 liters, then 5 hours is enough.
@ [email protected] @
Do not insist, and defend. I live in a private house, my water is not chlorinated, so I do not advocate at all. A water supply must be defended for at least three days. I like that (when I lived in a ten-story building) hurried up and defended little water. A lot of fish died. Only catfish survived. He still lives, he is 10 years old ...